We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||42.6 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05830.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $18,159 (it was $11,936 in 2000)
Holland town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $158,488 (it was $81,500 in 2000)
Races in Holland, VT (2010)
- 60996.8%White alone
- 61.0%Two or more races
- 50.8%Black alone
- 40.6%American Indian alone
|Is Vermont a desirable place to live? (49 replies)|
|Will Marijuana ever be Fully Legal in Vermont? (11 replies)|
|NEK relocation from OK. (9 replies)|
|Northeast Kingdom- This local has some questions about visiting. (1 reply)|
|Vermonters and Non-Vermonters (29 replies)|
|strange place names in VT (3 replies)|
Latest news from Holland, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: French (19.9%), English (11.7%), Irish (11.7%), French Canadian (8.0%), Scottish (5.4%), United States (4.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1423 feet
Land area: 37.6 square miles.
Population density: 17 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Holland:
- High school or higher: 77.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.0%
- Unemployed: 7.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Holland town:
- Never married: 22.0%
- Now married: 59.8%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 4.9%
- Divorced: 11.9%
35 residents are foreign born (5.1% North America, 0.9% Europe).
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Holland, Vermont as of December 15, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Holland to the number of sex offenders is 629 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Holland town:||1.1% ($865)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (124.8 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (188.9 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (300.4 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Morgan, VT (2.1 miles ), Derby Line, VT (2.2 miles ), Derby, VT (2.5 miles ), Derby Center, VT (2.5 miles ), Charleston, VT (3.0 miles ), Norton, VT (3.0 miles ), Newport, VT (3.1 miles ), Brownington, VT (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 44.97 N, Longitude: 72.01 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (29%)
- Construction (20%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Utilities (4%)
- Health care (4%)
- Educational services (24%)
- Health care (24%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (12%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (5%)
- Wood products (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (14%)
- Farmers and farm managers (11%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (11%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
Average climate in Holland, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Holland-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Vermont state average. It is 92% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 90.3 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 134.9 miles away from Holland center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 103.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 89.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 47.5 miles away from Holland center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 63.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Orleans County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 17
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 13, Storms: 11, Tropical Storms: 2, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: William S. Ladd - Banker, Horace Tabor - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers near Holland:
- NEWPORT HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; NEWPORT, VT)
- ORLEANS ESSEX VNA AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; NEWPORT, VT)
- FLETCHER ALLEN HEALTHCARE - NORTH COUNTRY DIALYSIS UNIT (Dialysis Facility, about 10 miles away; NEWPORT, VT)
- NORTH COUNTRY HOSPITAL AND HEALTH CENTER Critical Access Hospitals (about 10 miles away; NEWPORT, VT)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Holland:
- Saint Michael's College (about 66 miles; Colchester, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,336)
- Norwich University (about 66 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- Community College of Vermont (about 67 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
- University of Vermont (about 68 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 11,566)
- Champlain College (about 69 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 2,623)
- SUNY College at Plattsburgh (about 75 miles; Plattsburgh, NY; FT enrollment: 5,934)
- Plymouth State University (about 86 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
Church in Holland: Holland Congregational Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Moon Cemetery (1), Tice-Marston-Moon Cemetery (2), Mead Hill Cemetery (3), Davis Cemetery (4), Castle Cemetery (5), Mead Hill Cemetery (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Duck Pond (A), Beaver Pond (B), Round Pond (C), Holland Pond (D), Turtle Pond (E), Mud Pond (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Holland town (based on Orleans County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Orleans County:||5.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orleans County:||1.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orleans County:||6.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
4.46% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($53,383 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Caledonia County, VT||0.50% ($34,732 average AGI)|
|from Lamoille County, VT||0.35% ($18,846)|
|from Chittenden County, VT||0.30% ($35,697)|
4.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,586 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Holland:
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WIKE (1490 AM; 1 kW; NEWPORT, VT; Owner: NORTHSTAR MEDIA, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVMT (620 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Holland:
- WMOO (92.1 FM; DERBY CENTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSTAR MEDIA, INC.)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W243AE (96.5 FM; ORLEANS, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WXXS (102.3 FM; LANCASTER, NH; Owner: BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE)
TV broadcast stations around Holland:
- W14CK (Channel 14; NEWPORT, VT; Owner: SMC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- $216,000Total costs
- 90Total average daily traffic
- 135Total future (year 2027) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KB1ENS, Licensee ID: L00168676, Grant Date: 11/02/1999, Expiration Date: 11/02/2009, Cancellation Date: 08/03/2001, Certifier: John M Wagner, Registrant: John M Wagner, 25 Tree Farm Rd, Holland, VT 05830
- Call Sign: N1QO, Previous Call Sign: KB1ENS, Licensee ID: L00168676, Grant Date: 08/16/2011, Expiration Date: 08/16/2021, Certifier: John M Wagner, Registrant: John M Wagner, 25 Tree Farm Rd, Holland, VT 05830
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (61%)
- Wood (33%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
Holland compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Holland on our top lists:
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Northern America (population 500+)"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Canada (population 500+)"
- #101 (05830) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of French Canadian first ancestries"