Homerville: Residential Street in Homerville
Homerville: Library in Homerville
Homerville: Great soups in Homerville
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||36.6 years|
|Georgia median age:||35.9 years|
Zip codes: 31634.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $13,062 (it was $12,176 in 2000)
Homerville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $34,534 (it was $40,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $50,880; Detached houses: $66,332; Mobile homes: $15,514
Median gross rent in 2013: $388.
Races in Homerville, GA (2010)
- 1,29252.6%White alone
- 1,04542.5%Black alone
- 411.7%Two or more races
- 140.6%American Indian alone
- 70.3%Other race alone
- 60.2%Asian alone
|May move to Homerville, Georgia (2 replies)|
|Census 2010: Georgia (31 replies)|
|Homerville (0 replies)|
|Festivals In Georgia (14 replies)|
|5 best and 5 worst places to live in GA? (947 replies)|
|non-progressive areas of Georgia (68 replies)|
Latest news from Homerville, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (13.4%), English (8.6%), Irish (3.3%), Scottish (1.7%), Italian (1.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 178 feet
Land area: 2.21 square miles.
Population density: 1,108 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Homerville:
- High school or higher: 67.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 6.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Homerville city:
- Never married: 31.7%
- Now married: 37.3%
- Separated: 6.1%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 15.1%
18 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 23 registered sex offenders living in Homerville, Georgia as of August 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Homerville to the number of sex offenders is 105 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $886 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $300 (1.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jacksonville, FL (81.7 miles , pop. 735,617).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (752.7 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Argyle, GA (2.6 miles) , Du Pont, GA (2.8 miles) , Manor, GA (3.6 miles ), East River, GA (4.0 miles ), Axson, GA (4.1 miles ), Lakeland, GA (4.3 miles ), Pearson, GA (4.4 miles ), Waresboro, GA (4.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 7 buildings, average cost: $25,700
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $54,700
- 1999: 17 buildings, average cost: $58,600
Latitude: 31.04 N, Longitude: 82.75 W
Area code: 912
|Crime rates in Homerville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 271.8)||N/A||608.1||533.8||814.6||637.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Homerville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.73|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -20 (-0.7%).
- Manufacturing (35%)
- Construction (19%)
- Health care and social assistance (12%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Educational services (2%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Manufacturing (19%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (23%)
- Production occupations (16%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (15%)
- Healthcare support occupations (9%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (6%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (22%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (16%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (16%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Community and social service occupations (4%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (4%)
Average climate in Homerville, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Homerville-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 9% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/18/1968, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 28.3 miles away from the Homerville city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 5/11/1952, a category F3 tornado 36.5 miles away from the city center injured 10 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Homerville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 196.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 406.2 miles away from Homerville center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 200.0 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 267.8 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 190.7 miles away from Homerville center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 291.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Clinch County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Homerville:
Airports located in Homerville:
- Homerville Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 500, Local Ops: 800)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Homerville:
- South Georgia State College (about 33 miles; Douglas, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,507)
- Valdosta State University (about 35 miles; Valdosta, GA; FT enrollment: 11,155)
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (about 38 miles; Valdosta, GA; FT enrollment: 3,246)
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (about 56 miles; Tifton, GA; FT enrollment: 2,564)
- Florida Gateway College (about 61 miles; Lake City, FL; FT enrollment: 2,179)
- College of Coastal Georgia (about 75 miles; Brunswick, GA; FT enrollment: 2,447)
- Florida State College at Jacksonville (about 82 miles; Jacksonville, FL; FT enrollment: 21,810)
Public high school in Homerville:
- Clinch County High School (Students: 489; Location: 863 Carswell St; Grades: 8-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Homerville:
Notable locations in Homerville: Clinch County Fire Department Station 1 Homerville Volunteer Fire Department (A), Homerville City Hall (B), Clinch County Courthouse (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Homerville: New Vision Church of God (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Pine Forest Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Agape Christian Bookstore & Agape Bible Museum (107 East Plant Avenue).
Courts: Clinch County - Clerk of Court (100 Court Square), Clinch County - Chief Magistrate Court (100 Court Square), Court Administrator (100 Court Square).
(22.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 66.1% for Black residents, 66.7% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
29 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities in 2010
People in group quarters in Homerville in 2000:
- 201 people in state prisons
- 86 people in nursing homes
- 8 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Homerville compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Homerville (2011 data):
- The Heritage Bank: Homerville Branch at 56 East Dame Avenue, branch established on 1934/01/01. Info updated 2009/07/27: Bank assets: $865.2 mil, Deposits: $792.7 mil, headquarters in Hinesville, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 32 total offices, Holding Company: Liberty Shares, Inc.
- Farmers & Merchants Bank: Homerville Branch at Northwest U.S. 84 And Lakeview Drive, branch established on 2001/01/05. Info updated 2007/08/31: Bank assets: $593.1 mil, Deposits: $555.7 mil, headquarters in Lakeland, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Fmb Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (84%)
- Utility gas (7%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- No fuel used (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Homerville city (based on Clinch County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Clinch County:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Clinch County:||10.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$5,136||$61,632||9||$9,187|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$2,019||$24,228||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||10||$26,712||$32,054||2||$864|
|Police - Other||1||$2,274||$27,288||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$5,690||$34,140||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$2,309||$27,708||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||0||$0||2||$2,269|
|Totals for Government||23||$65,352||$34,097||55||$45,262|
Homerville government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Housing & Community Development: $290,000 ($118.61)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $406,000 ($166.05)
Central Staff Services: $377,000 ($154.19)
Water Utilities: $203,000 ($83.03)
Sewerage: $135,000 ($55.21)
Regular Highways: $122,000 ($49.90)
Parks & Recreation: $47,000 ($19.22)
Fire Protection: $33,000 ($13.50)
Solid Waste Management: $10,000 ($4.09)
General - Other: $4,000 ($1.64)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $49,000 ($20.04)
Sewerage: $33,000 ($13.50)
Police Protection: $21,000 ($8.59)
Central Staff: $12,000 ($4.91)
Fire Protection: $4,000 ($1.64)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $622,000 ($254.40)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $53,000 ($21.68)
Homerville government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $217,000 ($88.75)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $21,000 ($8.59)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $291,000 ($119.02)
All Other: $49,000 ($20.04)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $58,000 ($23.72)
Interest Earnings: $44,000 ($18.00)
Rents: $5,000 ($2.04)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $325,000 ($132.92)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $290,000 ($118.61)
- Tax - Property: $196,000 ($80.16)
Other Selective Sales: $102,000 ($41.72)
Public Utilities: $99,000 ($40.49)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $61,000 ($24.95)
NEC: $31,000 ($12.68)
Homerville government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,413,000 ($577.91)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $1,294,000 ($529.24)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $119,000 ($48.67)
Homerville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $761,000 ($311.25)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $184,000 ($75.26)
7.14% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($20,426 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
7.41% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($20,448 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Homerville:
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WOBS (1530 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WDMG (860 AM; 5 kW; DOUGLAS, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
- WGSR (1570 AM; 50 kW; FERNANDINA BEACH, FL; Owner: RJM COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WSTT (730 AM; 25 kW; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: MARION R. WILLIAMS)
- WJEM (1150 AM; 5 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: WJEM, INC.)
- WTHV (810 AM; daytime; 3 kW; HAHIRA, GA; Owner: ETERNAL LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WCGA (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; WOODBINE, GA; Owner: COX BROADCAST GROUP, INC.)
- WOKA (1310 AM; 4 kW; DOUGLAS, GA; Owner: COFFEE COUNTY BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WGOV (950 AM; 4 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: W G O V, INC.)
- WMGA (1130 AM; 10 kW; MOULTRIE, GA; Owner: RADIO MOULTRIE, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Homerville:
- WBTY (98.7 FM; HOMERVILLE, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING & INVESTMENT CO., INC.)
- WXVS (90.1 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WWSN (103.3 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF BRUNSWICK LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WDMG-FM (99.5 FM; DOUGLAS, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
- WPNG (101.9 FM; PEARSON, GA; Owner: KM RADIO OF PEARSON, L.L.C.)
- WQPW (95.7 FM; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
- WJYF (95.3 FM; NASHVILLE, GA; Owner: TIFTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WHLJ (97.5 FM; STATENVILLE, GA; Owner: LATAURUS PRODUCTIONS INCORPORATED)
TV broadcast stations around Homerville:
- WXGA-TV (Channel 8; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WPXC-TV (Channel 21; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: PAXSON JAX LICENSE, INC.)
- WVAG (Channel 44; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: HUTCHENS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 5m16ftTotal length
- $477,000Total costs
- 4,980Total average daily traffic
- 997Total average daily truck traffic
- 7,470Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Homerville)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:81 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Homerville, GA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:4
- HOMERVILLE, 500 Lakeland Highway (Lat: 31.032306 Lon: -82.795694), Type: Mast, Structure height: 52.7 m, Overall height: 57.3 m, Call Sign: WPJA711
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHz
Grant Date: 12/28/2010, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: Douglas I Brandon
Registrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 1120 20th Street, Nw - Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-2055, Fax: (202) 457-3073, Email:
- Homerville, 2.1 Mi Ne Of Hwy 84 On Cogdell Rd (Lat: 31.060278 Lon: -82.719722), Type: Tower, Structure height: 85.3 m, Overall height: 91.4 m, Call Sign: WPYI471
Assigned Frequencies: 2133.20 MHz
Grant Date: 08/15/2003, Expiration Date: 08/15/2013, Cancellation Date: 07/21/2008, Certifier: Jimmy R Williams
Registrant: Mcdermott Will & Emery LLP, 600 Thirteenth Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20005-3096, Phone: (202) 756-8283, Fax: (202) 756-8087, Email:
- HOMERVILLE, 5.9 Miles Nw Of (Lat: 31.097972 Lon: -82.819583), Overall height: 75 m, Call Sign: KJL20
Assigned Frequencies: 6004.50 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6123.10 MHz, 6123.10 MHz
Grant Date: 09/22/1988, Expiration Date: 01/27/1998, Cancellation Date: 01/27/1998
Registrant: At&t Communications Of The Southern States, 1200 Peachtree Street Ne, Atlanta, GA 30309
- STATION, N Side Of Cogdell Rd 2.1 Mi Ne From Intersection Of Hwy 84 (Lat: 31.060472 Lon: -82.721250), Overall height: 91.4 m, Call Sign: WBV214
Assigned Frequencies: 2133.20 MHz
Grant Date: 02/12/1999, Expiration Date: 02/17/2009, Cancellation Date: 05/02/2003
Registrant: Mcdermott, Will & Emery, 600 13th Street, Nw, Washington, DC 20005-3096, Phone: (202) 756-8283, Fax: (202) 756-8087, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- End Of Carswell Street (Lat: 31.037139 Lon: -82.745694), Overall height: 57.9 m, Call Sign: KNKG715
Assigned Frequencies: 931.087 MHz
Grant Date: 04/27/1999, Expiration Date: 04/01/2009, Cancellation Date: 05/23/2009
Registrant: Dettra Communications, Inc., Washington, DC 20036-8864, Phone: (202) 965-4664
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:2
- Homerville Municipal Airport (Lat: 31.055278 Lon: -82.772222), Type: Tower, Call Sign: WRLB2565
Assigned Frequencies: 0.20951 MHz
Grant Date: 10/17/2005, Expiration Date: 09/27/2015
Registrant: 1711 Old Coffee Rd., Wray, GA 31798, Phone: (229) 468-9220, Fax: (229) 468-0715, Email:
- Homerville Airport (Lat: 31.056111 Lon: -82.772500), Type: Building, Structure height: 10 m, Overall height: 14.8 m, Call Sign: WQFS715
Assigned Frequencies: 118.725 MHz
Grant Date: 09/25/2006, Expiration Date: 09/25/2016, Certifier: Sig O File
Registrant: Douglas, GA 31534, Phone: (229) 468-9220, Fax: (229) 468-0715, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KS4ZY, Previous Call Sign: N4YUG, Licensee ID: L00629106
Grant Date: 08/14/2003, Expiration Date: 08/14/2013
Registrant: Eugene F Lamie, 329 Griffin Circle, Homerville, GA 31634
- Call Sign: KI4JYU, Licensee ID: L01011777
Grant Date: 05/02/2005, Expiration Date: 05/02/2015, Certifier: William A Jacobs
Registrant: William A Jacobs, 17 Holly Dr, Homerville, GA 31634
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: KOLB FIRESTAR II (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503 DCDI (52 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 92310 , Serial Number: FS1003, Year manufactured: 1993, Airworthiness Date: 10/19/2007
Registrant (Individual): Lucius C Smith, 733 N Church St, Homerville, GA 31634
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182P (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 120 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9315G , Serial Number: 18260855, Airworthiness Date: 01/14/1986
Registrant (Corporation): H W Williams Aerial Photography Inc, 182 W Plant Ave, Homerville, GA 31634
|Most common first names in Homerville, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Homerville, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Homerville, GA|
Homerville on our top lists:
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Warehousing and storage"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Metal and metal products"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Office and administrative support occupations:"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Warehousing and storage"
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in state prisons"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"