Horse Cave, Kentucky
Horse Cave: horse cave,ky.
Horse Cave: Love's Travel Center at Exit 58 on I-65
Horse Cave: Horse Cave's US Post Office 42749
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||41.4 years|
|Kentucky median age:||38.5 years|
Zip codes: 42749.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $15,159 (it was $17,861 in 2000)
Horse Cave city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $64,567 (it was $56,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $70,102; Detached houses: $71,005; Mobile homes: $23,533
Median gross rent in 2013: $528.
Races in Horse Cave, KY (2013)
- 1,81580.2%White alone
- 38016.8%Black alone
- 261.1%American Indian alone
- 261.1%Two or more races
- 30.1%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Hi to all and some advice please (41 replies)|
|Mammoth Cave / Nashville trip (15 replies)|
|visiting this week/must see? (4 replies)|
|Visiting KY with small children (10 replies)|
|What do you think Lexington need that it doesn't have now? (89 replies)|
|European Visitors. What To Show Them In Louisville? (21 replies)|
Latest news from Horse Cave, KY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (35.9%), Irish (9.5%), English (9.3%), German (5.7%), French (2.0%), Subsaharan African (1.5%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 02/17/1864
Elevation: 630 feet
Land area: 2.97 square miles.
Population density: 795 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Horse Cave:
- High school or higher: 71.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 10.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Horse Cave city:
- Never married: 26.2%
- Now married: 44.3%
- Separated: 3.7%
- Widowed: 12.5%
- Divorced: 13.4%
14 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there were 10 registered sex offenders living in Horse Cave, Kentucky as of August 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Horse Cave to the number of sex offenders is 233 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $596 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $389 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Louisville, KY (73.3 miles , pop. 256,231).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (336.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Cave City, KY (2.0 miles ), Munfordville, KY (2.6 miles ), Hiseville, KY (2.7 miles ), Park City, KY (3.1 miles ), Hardyville, KY (3.2 miles ), Glasgow, KY (3.5 miles ), Center, KY (3.7 miles ), Bonnieville, KY (3.7 miles ).
Latitude: 37.18 N, Longitude: 85.91 W
Area code: 270
|Crime rates in Horse Cave by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 289.6)||72.4||95.2||141.1||39.0||41.6||17.4||31.0||11.8||24.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Horse Cave detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.15|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (32%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Construction (6%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (24%)
- Manufacturing (21%)
- Educational services (19%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (15%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Production occupations (15%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Healthcare support occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
Average climate in Horse Cave, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Horse Cave-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 51% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 24.2 miles away from the Horse Cave city center injured 56 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1971, a category F4 tornado 25.2 miles away from the city center killed 6 people and injured 58 people.
Earthquake activity:Horse Cave-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 139.6 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 128.9 miles away from Horse Cave center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 117.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 156.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 139.0 miles away from Horse Cave center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 200.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hart County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 4, Mudslides: 2, Snows: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Clarence Glover - Basketball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Horse Cave:
- CAVERNA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 1501 SOUTH DIXIE STREET)
- HART COUNTY HEALTH CARE CENTER (1505 SOUTH DIXIE STREET)
Other hospitals and medical centers near Horse Cave:
- NHC HEALTHCARE, GLASGOW (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- GLASGOW STATE NURSING FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- GLENVIEW HEALTH CARE FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- T. J. SAMSON COMM HOSP HOME CARE PROGRAM (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- T J SAMSON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 12 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- T.J. SAMSON KIDNEY CARE (Dialysis Facility, about 12 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- FMC - GLASGOW KIDNEY CENTER (Dialysis Facility, about 12 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Horse Cave:
- Campbellsville University (about 33 miles; Campbellsville, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,948)
- Western Kentucky University (about 34 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 16,942)
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 34 miles; Columbia, KY; FT enrollment: 2,552)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 35 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 2,794)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (about 37 miles; Elizabethtown, KY; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Volunteer State Community College (about 66 miles; Gallatin, TN; FT enrollment: 5,311)
- Somerset Community College (about 72 miles; Somerset, KY; FT enrollment: 4,698)
Public elementary/middle schools in Horse Cave:
Notable location: Horse Cave Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Horse Cave include: Friendship Church (A), Our Lady of the Caves Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Hidden River Cave & American Cave Museum (119 East Main Street), Kentucky Caverns (Caverns; I-65 Interchange), Kentucky Down Under (I 65 Interchange).
Hotels: Bluegrass Motel (1235 South Dixie Street), Hampton Inn Horse Cave (750 Flint Ridge Road), Budget Host Inn (I 65 & Highway 218), Horse Cave Motel (319 South Dixie Highway).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 81.5. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.148. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 13.7 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2006 was 7.91. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 12.6 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.739. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 10.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 36.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 18.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.36. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.7 miles away from the city center.
(27.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 44.0% for Black residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents, 70.8% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
94 people in nursing homes in 2000
Horse Cave compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Banks with branches in Horse Cave (2011 data):
- PBI Bank: Horse Cave Branch at 201 East Main Street, branch established on 1990/11/19. Info updated 2008/03/03: Bank assets: $1,461.9 mil, Deposits: $1,326.3 mil, headquarters in Louisville, KY, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: Porter Bancorp, Inc.
- Citizens First Bank, Inc.: Horse Cave Branch at 204 Main Street, branch established on 1997/07/16. Info updated 2011/10/04: Bank assets: $403.1 mil, Deposits: $333.0 mil, headquarters in Bowling Green, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens First Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (56%)
- Electricity (43%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Horse Cave city (based on Hart County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hart County:||3.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hart County:||0.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hart County:||7.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$5,416||$32,496||7||$561|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$450|
|Police Protection - Officers||5||$15,801||$37,922||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||3||$6,774||$27,096||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||11||$30,546||$33,323||13||$5,293|
Horse Cave government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $228,000 ($96.49)
Police Protection: $205,000 ($86.75)
Central Staff Services: $153,000 ($64.75)
Regular Highways: $92,000 ($38.93)
Welfare - Other: $33,000 ($13.97)
Fire Protection: $30,000 ($12.70)
Financial Administration: $6,000 ($2.54)
General - Other: $1,000 ($0.42)
- General - Interest on Debt: $403,000 ($170.55)
- Other Capital Outlay - Central Staff: $226,000 ($95.64)
Fire Protection: $8,000 ($3.39)
Police Protection: $7,000 ($2.96)
Parks & Recreation: $2,000 ($0.85)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $222,000 ($93.95)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $23,000 ($9.73)
Horse Cave government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $18,000 ($7.62)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $12,000 ($5.08)
General Support: $7,000 ($2.96)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $30,000 ($12.70)
Interest Earnings: $14,000 ($5.92)
Special Assessments: $2,000 ($0.85)
Property Sale Other: $1,000 ($0.42)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $254,000 ($107.49)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $316,000 ($133.73)
Highways: $35,000 ($14.81)
- Tax - NEC: $251,000 ($106.22)
Property: $158,000 ($66.86)
Public Utilities: $46,000 ($19.47)
Horse Cave government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $386,000 ($163.35)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $382,000 ($161.66)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $4,000 ($1.69)
Horse Cave government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $309,000 ($130.77)
6.00% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,155 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Barren County, KY||1.18% ($23,486 average AGI)|
|from Hardin County, KY||0.71% ($27,429)|
|from Larue County, KY||0.42% ($19,360)|
6.15% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,041 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Horse Cave:
- WLOC (1150 AM; 1 kW; MUNFORDVILLE, KY; Owner: HART COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKCT (930 AM; 5 kW; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING CO.)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WCLU (1490 AM; 1 kW; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: ROYSE RADIO, INC.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WCDS (1440 AM; 1 kW; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Horse Cave:
- WCLU-FM (102.3 FM; MUNFORDVILLE, KY; Owner: ROYSE RADIO, INC)
- WHHT (106.7 FM; HORSE CAVE, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPTQ (103.7 FM; CAVE CITY, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGGC (95.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: HERITAGE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WKLX (100.7 FM; BROWNSVILLE, KY; Owner: CHARLES M. ANDERSON)
- WGBV (94.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS,INC.)
- WJCR-FM (90.1 FM; UPTON, KY; Owner: FM 90.1, INC.)
- WUHU (107.1 FM; SMITHS GROVE, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WDNS (93.3 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKYU-FM (88.9 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WGRK-FM (103.1 FM; GREENSBURG, KY; Owner: GREEN COUNTY CBC, INC.)
- WOVO (105.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKNK (99.1 FM; EDMONTON, KY; Owner: HART COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Horse Cave:
- WNKY (Channel 40; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: MMK LICENSE LLC)
- WBKI-TV (Channel 34; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: LOUISVILLE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WPBM-LP (Channel 48; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: PROCLAIM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBKO (Channel 13; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WKZT-TV (Channel 23; ELIZABETHTOWN, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WKYU-TV (Channel 24; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Horse Cave fatal accident list:
Jul 3, 1994 02:06 AM, 1846, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Horse Cave)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:32 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:5
- 3700 L & N Tpke Rd (Lat: 37.205611 Lon: -85.937472), Type: Pole, Structure height: 6 m, Overall height: 14 m, Call Sign: WNZM566
Assigned Frequencies: 0.53000 MHz
Grant Date: 11/28/1995, Expiration Date: 11/28/2000, Cancellation Date: 01/28/2001, Certifier: Bob Sims
Registrant: Hart County Tourist Association Inc, 3700 L & N Tpke Rd, Horse Cave, KY 42749-0189, Fax: (502) 786-2636
- Horse Cave 3 Mi E On Rt 218 (Lat: 37.176444 Lon: -85.923028), Call Sign: WZX691, Licensee ID: L00001846
Assigned Frequencies: 45.4000 MHz, 45.6000 MHz
Grant Date: 03/29/1999, Expiration Date: 05/23/2004, Cancellation Date: 06/10/2004
Registrant: Kentucky, Commonwealth Of, Eoc Bldg Boone National Guard Cente, Frankfort, KY 40601
- State Forestry Tower 1 Mi W (Lat: 37.176444 Lon: -85.923028), Call Sign: KCQ743, Licensee ID: L00001846
Assigned Frequencies: 155.475 MHz, 453.300 MHz, 453.450 MHz, 453.900 MHz
Grant Date: 09/05/1996, Expiration Date: 10/16/2001, Cancellation Date: 01/03/2001
Registrant: Kentucky, Commonwealth Of, 1240 Airport Rd, Frankfort, KY 40601, Phone: (502) 227-8750
- 2.5 Mi E On Hwy 218 (Lat: 37.185889 Lon: -85.860250), Call Sign: WZT635, Licensee ID: L00003833
Assigned Frequencies: 37.6800 MHz, 37.8000 MHz
Grant Date: 11/05/2002, Expiration Date: 01/06/2013, Cancellation Date: 12/26/2012
Registrant: East Kentucky Power Cooperative, Inc., Winchester, KY 40392-0707, Phone: (859) 745-9391, Fax: (859) 744-6008, Email:
- Lat: 37.157528 Lon: -85.919389, Call Sign: WPTS243
Assigned Frequencies: 451.562 MHz, 452.987 MHz, 452.887 MHz, 452.837 MHz, 451.612 MHz, 451.662 MHz
Grant Date: 10/13/2011, Expiration Date: 12/04/2021, Certifier: Jackie Buckingham
Registrant: Washington Radio Reports, 1588 Fairfield Road Ste 7, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (717) 334-0668, Fax: (717) 334-6440
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:7
- WLOC Studio, 1130 South Dixie (Lat: 37.166694 Lon: -85.916611), Type: Tower, Structure height: 20.7 m, Call Sign: WPON252
Assigned Frequencies: 947.500 MHz
Grant Date: 03/22/2000, Expiration Date: 08/01/2020, Certifier: Dewayne Forbis
Registrant: None, 1130 South Dixie, Horse Cave, KY 42749, Phone: (270) 785-4400
- WLOC Hop Point, Atop Dawsoff Of Horse Cave Road @ Wootens Knob (Lat: 37.184500 Lon: -85.863083), Type: Tower, Structure height: 30.5 m, Call Sign: WPON253
Assigned Frequencies: 949.875 MHz
Grant Date: 03/22/2000, Expiration Date: 08/01/2020, Certifier: Dewayne Forbis
Registrant: Hart County Communications, Inc, 1130 South Dixie, Horse Cave, KY 42749, Phone: (270) 786-4400
- Horse Cave, On Ky Hwy 218, 2.5 Mi E Of (Lat: 37.185861 Lon: -85.860222), Type: Tower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 77.1 m, Call Sign: WQKD568
Assigned Frequencies: 6795.00 MHz, 6865.00 MHz, 6820.00 MHz, 6835.00 MHz
Grant Date: 04/09/2009, Expiration Date: 04/09/2019, Certifier: Terry E Estes Pe
Registrant: Utility Telecom Consulting Group, Inc., 1554 St. Paul Street, Denver, CO 80206, Phone: (303) 840-1041, Email:
- HORSE CAVE, 2.5 Miles Ne Of (Lat: 37.184472 Lon: -85.862194), Overall height: 121.3 m, Call Sign: KIK41
Assigned Frequencies: 6093.45 MHz, 5945.20 MHz, 6152.75 MHz, 6123.10 MHz
Grant Date: 02/02/2010, Expiration Date: 02/01/2020, Cancellation Date: 10/07/2010
Registrant: At&t Corp., 2315 Salem Road, First Floor, H9, Conyers, GA 30013, Phone: (770) 602-2065, Fax: (770) 929-4454, Email:
- HORSE CAVE, 2.5 Miles Ne Of (Lat: 37.184472 Lon: -85.862194), Overall height: 97.8 m, Call Sign: KJJ60
Assigned Frequencies: 5974.80 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6152.80 MHz, 10795.0 MHz, 11035.0 MHz, 6034.20 MHz, 6063.80 MHz
Grant Date: 01/16/1990, Expiration Date: 02/01/2000, Cancellation Date: 01/26/1998
Registrant: At&t Communications Of The South Central States Inc, 1200 Peachtree St 15w27, Atlanta, GA 30309
- STATION, 1 Mi W Of (Lat: 37.176417 Lon: -85.923028), Overall height: 90.8 m, Call Sign: WED992
Assigned Frequencies: 2146.00 MHz
Grant Date: 03/20/2010, Expiration Date: 06/13/2020, Cancellation Date: 10/29/2012
Registrant: Kentucky Emergency Warning System, 85 State Police Road, London, KY 40741, Phone: (502) 564-5397, Fax: (502) 564-6726, Email:
- HORSE CAVE, On Route 218 2.5 Mi E Of (Lat: 37.185861 Lon: -85.860222), Overall height: 77.7 m, Call Sign: WIA452
Assigned Frequencies: 6865.00 MHz, 6820.00 MHz, 6795.00 MHz, 6835.00 MHz
Grant Date: 08/09/1999, Expiration Date: 09/29/2008, Cancellation Date: 11/29/2008
Registrant: Phone: (606) 744-4812
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Horse Cave)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: AERONCA 65-CA (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 75 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 29207 , Serial Number: C10070, Year manufactured: 1940, Airworthiness Date: 10/01/1955
Registrant (Individual): Robert G Dyer, 2864 Legrande Hwy, Horse Cave, KY 42749
- Aircraft: CESSNA 310L (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 167 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR I0-470 SERIES (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3339X , Serial Number: 310L-0189, Year manufactured: 1967, Airworthiness Date: 07/28/1967
Registrant (Individual): Dennis J Whittington, 6951 Lonoke Rd, Horse Cave, KY 42749
- Aircraft: CGS AVIATION SS CLASSIC (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: 2 Cycle
N-Number: 377SW , Serial Number: H7243K
Registrant (Individual): Jackie L Buckingham, 223 Cemetery Ave, Horse Cave, KY 42749
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 01/20/1999
- Aircraft: TITUS RICHARD L ARROW II (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: HIRTH 2706 (270 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 471T , Serial Number: H-11-140, Year manufactured: 2010, Airworthiness Date: 04/06/2010
Registrant (Individual): Jackie L Buckingham, 223 Cemetery Ave, Horse Cave, KY 42749
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 32
- Hazardous Condition: 3
- Good Intent Call: 5
Incident types - Horse Cave
|Most common first names in Horse Cave, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Horse Cave, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Horse Cave, KY|
Horse Cave on our top lists:
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Plastics and rubber products"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Plastics and rubber products"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2015.