|Median resident age:||80.5 years|
|Arizona median age:||34.2 years|
Median resident age: 80.5 years
Current Local Time: MST (no DST) time zone
Land area: 904.1 square miles.
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Flagstaff, AZ (92.9 miles , pop. 52,894).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Las Vegas, NV (122.0 miles , pop. 478,434).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (169.4 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Peach Springs, AZ (5.3 miles ), Havasupai, AZ (5.9 miles ), Supai, AZ (5.9 miles) , Truxton, AZ (6.0 miles) , Seligman, AZ (6.1 miles ), Ashfork, AZ (6.4 miles ), Grand Canyon West, AZ (6.5 miles) , Crozier, AZ (6.5 miles) .
Latitude: 35.83 N, Longitude: 113.09 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 928
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Hualapai, Arizona
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Hualapai-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Arizona state average. It is 577% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 226.0 miles away from the city center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 10/16/1999 at 09:46:44, a magnitude 7.4 (6.3 MB, 7.4 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.3 ML) earthquake occurred 210.0 miles away from Hualapai center
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 338.2 miles away from the city center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 5/19/1940 at 04:36:40, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 233.9 miles away from the city center, causing $33,000,000 total damage
On 12/31/1934 at 18:45:56, a magnitude 7.1 (7.1 UK) earthquake occurred 266.0 miles away from Hualapai center
On 10/15/1979 at 23:16:54, a magnitude 7.0 (5.7 MB, 6.9 MS, 7.0 ML, 6.4 MW) earthquake occurred 254.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Coconino County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 6, Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Flash Flood: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hualapai:
- Mohave Community College (about 66 miles; Kingman, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 3,309)
- Dixie State University (about 92 miles; Saint George, UT; FT enrollment: 6,485)
- Northern Arizona University (about 93 miles; Flagstaff, AZ; FT enrollment: 22,494)
- Coconino Community College (about 94 miles; Flagstaff, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,090)
- Yavapai College (about 96 miles; Prescott, AZ; FT enrollment: 4,258)
- Northcentral University (about 97 miles; Prescott Valley, AZ; FT enrollment: 5,927)
- Nevada State College (about 105 miles; Henderson, NV; FT enrollment: 2,346)
Notable location: D S Ranch (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Laguna Lake (A), Elk Tank (B), Juniper Tank (C), Limestone Tank (D), Little Tank (E), Lower Laguna Tank (F), Metuck Tank (G), Mexican Tank (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Mohawk Creek (A), Albers Wash (B), Thornton Wash (C), Two Hundred and Fifteenmile Creek (D), Two Hundred and Fivemile Creek (E), Two Hundred and Twentytwo Mile Creek (F), Hundred and Ninetythree Mile Creek (G), Hundred and Ninetysix Mile Creek (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||3.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Hualapai compared to Arizona state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hualapai CCD (based on Coconino County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 30.89%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Catholic Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Non-Charismatic Churches Independent||Assemblies of God|
|Name||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Conservative Baptist Association of America||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Coconino County:||1.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arizona:||1.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coconino County:||0.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arizona:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coconino County:||5.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.21 / 10,000 pop.|
8.70% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,512 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved from foreign countries ($230 average AGI)
Coconino County: 0.05% Arizona average: 0.07%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Maricopa County, AZ||2.04% ($31,202 average AGI)|
|from Yavapai County, AZ||0.67% ($28,218)|
|from Navajo County, AZ||0.46% ($28,862)|
10.04% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,688 average adjusted gross income)
0.09% of residents moved to foreign countries ($266 average AGI)
Coconino County: 0.09% Arizona average: 0.09%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hualapai:
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KYET (1180 AM; 10 kW; WILLIAMS, AZ; Owner: GRAND CANYON GATEWAY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KFNX (1100 AM; 50 kW; CAVE CREEK, AZ; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KDXU (890 AM; 10 kW; ST. GEORGE, UT; Owner: WESTERN BROADCASTING, LS, LLC)
- KPXQ (1360 AM; 50 kW; GLENDALE, AZ; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLSQ (870 AM; 10 kW; WHITNEY, NV; Owner: KLSQ-AM LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KMIK (1580 AM; 50 kW; TEMPE, AZ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KUNF (1210 AM; 10 kW; WASHINGTON, UT; Owner: MARATHON MEDIA GROUP, L.L.C.)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KZNU (1450 AM; 10 kW; ST. GEORGE, UT; Owner: AM RADIO 1450, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hualapai:
- K256AA (99.1 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: CAROL L. VINE DBA VINE COMMUNICATNS)
- K264AB (100.7 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: CAROL L. VINE DBA VINE COMMUNICATNS)
- K268AC (101.5 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: CAROL L. VINE DBA VINE COMMUNICATNS)
- KRRN (92.7 FM; DOLAN SPRINGS, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K280EH (103.9 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: JANE G. BREDER)
- KGMN (100.1 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- K242AQ (96.3 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: DONALD F. HENDREN)
- K224BV (92.7 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: RICHARD R. FULKERSON)
- KZHK (95.9 FM; ST. GEORGE, UT; Owner: MARVIN KENT FRANDSEN)
- KJZA (89.5 FM; DRAKE, AZ; Owner: ST. PAUL BIBLE COLLEGE)
- KVGS (107.9 FM; LAUGHLIN, NV; Owner: DESERT SKY MEDIA, LLC)
- KNAG (90.3 FM; GRAND CANYON, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS/NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: AF5G, Licensee ID: L00289226
Grant Date: 08/10/2010, Expiration Date: 11/06/2020, Certifier: Chris G Brill
Registrant: Chris G Brill, Hualapai, AZ 86412
- Call Sign: KA9KRX, Licensee ID: L00171867
Grant Date: 11/16/1999, Expiration Date: 02/06/2010, Cancellation Date: 02/07/2012
Registrant: Chris A Stayton, Hualapai, AZ 86412
- Call Sign: KB7VWQ
Grant Date: 06/15/1993, Expiration Date: 06/15/2003, Cancellation Date: 06/16/2005
Registrant: Patricia A Shook, Hualapai, AZ 86412
- Call Sign: KD7RUG, Licensee ID: L00532531
Grant Date: 04/18/2012, Expiration Date: 06/14/2022, Certifier: Iona Kaye Kennard
Registrant: Iona Kaye Kennard, Hualapai, AZ 86412
- Call Sign: KF7MRJ, Licensee ID: L01603363
Grant Date: 11/17/2010, Expiration Date: 11/17/2020, Certifier: Terry A Lee
Registrant: Terry A Lee, Hualapai, AZ 86412
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.