Huntingdon: The Pool, Penn & 2nd
Huntingdon: Pink Dogwood in Huntingdon PA.
Huntingdon: Juniata College
Huntingdon: Huntingdon County COurthouse
Submit your own pictures of this borough and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||31.1 years|
|Pennsylvania median age:||40.7 years|
Zip codes: 16652.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $17,758 (it was $15,744 in 2000)
Huntingdon borough income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $121,064 (it was $70,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $522.
Races in Huntingdon, PA (2010)
- 6,64693.7%White alone
- 1311.8%Black alone
- 1061.5%Asian alone
- 911.3%Two or more races
- 80.1%Other race alone
- 50.07%American Indian alone
|Moving to Philly - Help on Huntingdon Valley & Bryn Athyn (5 replies)|
|Taking dog swimming in Huntingdon Valley (0 replies)|
|North Huntingdon nicer than Murrysville? (33 replies)|
|How do YOU define metro Pittsburgh? (78 replies)|
|What is the WORST city or town in Pennsylvania? (313 replies)|
|Need help comparing the suburbs in the South Hills (53 replies)|
Latest news from Huntingdon, PA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (31.6%), American (11.0%), Italian (10.0%), Irish (5.9%), English (4.1%), Pennsylvania German (2.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 03/29/1796
Elevation: 643 feet
Land area: 3.45 square miles.
Population density: 2,041 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Huntingdon:
- High school or higher: 91.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.5%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Huntingdon borough:
- Never married: 44.7%
- Now married: 37.3%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 8.7%
164 residents are foreign born (1.7% Europe, 0.3% Asia).
According to our research of Pennsylvania and other state lists there were 231 registered sex offenders living in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania as of May 22, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Huntingdon to the number of sex offenders is 31 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,221 (1.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,541 (1.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Frederick, MD (80.3 miles , pop. 52,767).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Pittsburgh, PA (103.4 miles , pop. 334,563).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (155.3 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: McConnellstown, PA (2.2 miles ), Petersburg borough, PA (2.4 miles ), Mill Creek borough, PA (2.4 miles ), Alexandria borough, PA (2.5 miles ), Mapleton borough, PA (2.8 miles ), Cedar Crest, PA (3.1 miles) , Mount Union borough, PA (3.2 miles ), Williamsburg borough, PA (3.2 miles ).
Latitude: 40.50 N, Longitude: 78.01 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,776 (+39.2%)
Workers who live and work in this borough: 1,709 (58.2%)
Area code: 814
|Crime rates in Huntingdon by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 290.4)||104.6||90.8||102.7||85.7||87.9||113.6||87.9||99.1||57.3||66.4||60.1||76.7||69.5||106.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Huntingdon detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.71|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +20 (+0.3%).
- Educational services (19%)
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Construction (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Educational services (29%)
- Health care and social assistance (25%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Material moving occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (7%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (22%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (15%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
Average climate in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Huntingdon-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Pennsylvania state average. It is 36% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/16/1961, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 40.3 miles away from the Huntingdon borough center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 11/20/1989, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 13.3 miles away from the borough center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Huntingdon-area historical earthquake activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 142.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 181.1 miles away from Huntingdon center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 104.7 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 304.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 00:42:43, a magnitude 4.2 (4.2 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 106.3 miles away from Huntingdon center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 176.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Huntingdon County (15) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 4, Floods: 3, Tropical Storms: 3, Snowstorms: 2, Storms: 2, Tropical Depressions: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: David McMurtrie Gregg - Union Army general, Curtis Wright - Singer, Danny Rocco - Football player and coach, Horace Porter - Army Medal of Honor recipient and Union Army general, Vincent Ellis McKelvey - Geologist, Jackson Berkey - Composer, Jean Geissinger - Girls Professional Baseball League player, Nathan Currier - Composer, William A. Wallace - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Huntingdon:
Airports and heliports located in Huntingdon:
- Hilling International Airport (PN64) (Runways: 1)
- Hostetler Airport (0PA6) (Runways: 1)
- J C Blair Memorial Hospital Heliport (64PA)
Colleges/Universities in Huntingdon:
- Juniata College (Full-time enrollment: 1,587; Location: 1700 Moore St; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.juniata.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- Du Bois Business College-Huntingdon (FT enrollment: 72; Location: Huntingdon Cnty Campus 1001 Moore Street; Private, for-profit; Website: www.dbcollege.com/content/huntingdon-county-campus)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Huntingdon:
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Altoona (about 22 miles; Altoona, PA; Full-time enrollment: 3,656)
- Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus (about 23 miles; University Park, PA; FT enrollment: 45,483)
- Pennsylvania State University-World Campus (about 26 miles; University Park, PA; FT enrollment: 4,893)
- Saint Francis University (about 33 miles; Loretto, PA; FT enrollment: 2,636)
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (about 40 miles; Shippensburg, PA; FT enrollment: 7,051)
- University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown (about 46 miles; Johnstown, PA; FT enrollment: 2,815)
- Dickinson College (about 48 miles; Carlisle, PA; FT enrollment: 2,505)
Public high schools in Huntingdon:
- HUNTINGDON AREA SHS (Students: 786, Location: 2400 CASSADY AVE STE 1, Grades: 9-12)
- NEW DAY CHARTER SCHOOL (Location: 256 SOUTH FIFTH ST, Grades: 7-12, Charter school)
Private high schools in Huntingdon:
Public elementary/middle schools in Huntingdon:
- HUNTINGDON AREA MS (Students: 529, Location: 2500 CASSADY AVE, Grades: 6-8)
- STANDING STONE EL SCH (Students: 434, Location: 10 29TH STREET, Grades: KG-5)
- SOUTHSIDE EL SCH (Students: 331, Location: 10906 STATION ROAD, Grades: KG-5)
- STONE VALLEY COMMUNITY CS (Location: 13006 GREENWOOD ROAD, Grades: KG-5, Charter school)
Notable location: Huntingdon Fire Company 5 (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Huntingdon: Calvary Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery (1), Riverview Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Standing Stone Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Lincoln Caverns (Caverns; Warrior Rdg).
Hotels: Days Inn (St And Us Route # 22), Griffith Brothers White Tail Ridge Lodge (Fairgrounds), Days Inn Huntingdon (US Route 22 & 4th Street), Comfort Inn Huntingdon (100 South 4th Street).
Courts: Hartslog Court (38 Hartslog Court), Huntingdon County Offices - Court Administration (Courthouse).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 91.9. This is worse than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2008 was 0.160. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.0 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 4.71. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 19.0 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 1.72. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.0 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 26.3. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 19.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 14.0. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 10.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.0 miles away from the city center.
(20.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 68.4% for Black residents, 66.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 39.0% for two or more races residents)
|This borough:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Huntingdon in 2010:
- 1,121 people in college/university student housing
- 134 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 54 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 9 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 2 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Huntingdon in 2000:
- 1,001 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 146 people in nursing homes
- 65 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 19 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Huntingdon (2011 data):
- First National Bank of Pennsylvania: Huntingdon Branch, Westminster Woods Branch, 14th Street Branch. Info updated 2012/01/10: Bank assets: $9,581.0 mil, Deposits: $7,462.2 mil, headquarters in Greenville, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 291 total offices, Holding Company: F.N.b. Corporation
- Clearfield Bank & Trust Company: Huntingdon Plaza Branch at 7571 Huntingdon Plaza Office, branch established on 1976/03/25; Huntingdon Drive-Up Branch at 500 Penn Street, branch established on 1957/07/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $404.9 mil, Deposits: $345.3 mil, headquarters in Clearfield, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Cbt Financial Corp.
- Community State Bank of Orbisonia: Huntingdon Branch at 50 Pennsylvania Avenue, branch established on 1995/08/28. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $292.3 mil, Deposits: $266.8 mil, headquarters in Orbisonia, PA, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Orbisonia Community Bancorp, Inc.
- PNC Bank, National Association: Huntingdon Branch at 614 Washington Street, branch established on 1949/06/30. Info updated 2012/03/20: Bank assets: $263,309.6 mil, Deposits: $197,343.0 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3085 total offices, Holding Company: Pnc Financial Services Group, Inc., The
- Huntingdon Savings Bank: at 423 Penn Street, branch established on 1923/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $15.3 mil, Deposits: $12.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 1 total offices
- Northwest Savings Bank: Smithfield Branch at Ridge Road And Pennsylvania Avenue, branch established on 1971/10/04. Info updated 2009/11/23: Bank assets: $7,975.9 mil, Deposits: $5,985.6 mil, headquarters in Warren, PA, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 172 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Huntingdon borough (based on Huntingdon County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Huntingdon County:||1.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Huntingdon County:||0.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||0.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Huntingdon County:||3.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Huntingdon, PA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||7||$19,647||$33,681||8||$1,049|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$53,807||$58,699||0||$0|
|Police - Other||8||$24,742||$37,113||3||$1,920|
|Streets and Highways||10||$34,574||$41,489||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||47||$170,160||$43,445||11||$2,969|
Huntingdon government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $726,000 ($103.17)
Regular Highways: $127,000 ($18.05)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $1,148,000 ($163.14)
Water Utilities: $1,110,000 ($157.74)
Police Protection: $489,000 ($69.49)
Regular Highways: $481,000 ($68.35)
Sewerage: $224,000 ($31.83)
Financial Administration: $148,000 ($21.03)
General Public Buildings: $100,000 ($14.21)
Solid Waste Management: $80,000 ($11.37)
Fire Protection: $55,000 ($7.82)
Parks & Recreation: $39,000 ($5.54)
Central Staff Services: $23,000 ($3.27)
Housing & Community Development: $7,000 ($0.99)
Judicial and Legal Services: $6,000 ($0.85)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $4,000 ($0.57)
Health Services - Other: $2,000 ($0.28)
Libraries: $1,000 ($0.14)
- General - Interest on Debt: $481,000 ($68.35)
- Other Capital Outlay - Sewerage: $161,000 ($22.88)
Water Utilities: $51,000 ($7.25)
Police Protection: $22,000 ($3.13)
General Public Building: $20,000 ($2.84)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,631,000 ($231.77)
Huntingdon government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,140,000 ($162.00)
Solid Waste Management: $78,000 ($11.08)
Parking Facilities: $40,000 ($5.68)
All Other: $34,000 ($4.83)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $766,000 ($108.85)
Housing & Community Development: $136,000 ($19.33)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $207,000 ($29.42)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $123,000 ($17.48)
General Revenue, NEC: $109,000 ($15.49)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,533,000 ($217.85)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $226,000 ($32.12)
Highways: $124,000 ($17.62)
General Support: $5,000 ($0.71)
- Tax - Property: $777,000 ($110.42)
Individual Income: $372,000 ($52.86)
NEC: $117,000 ($16.63)
Huntingdon government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $13,767,000 ($1956.37)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $8,799,000 ($1250.39)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $4,118,000 ($585.19)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $850,000 ($120.79)
Huntingdon government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,802,000 ($398.18)
3.34% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,738 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Centre County, PA||0.41% ($48,794 average AGI)|
|from Blair County, PA||0.33% ($31,800)|
|from Mifflin County, PA||0.27% ($31,978)|
3.86% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,587 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Huntingdon:
- WHUN (1150 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WIEZ (670 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WFBG (1290 AM; 5 kW; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- WVAM (1430 AM; 5 kW; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: VITAL LICENSES, LLC)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WKMC (1370 AM; 5 kW; ROARING SPRING, PA; Owner: ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WZSK (1040 AM; daytime; 10 kW; EVERETT, PA; Owner: NEW MILLENNIUM COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC.)
- WPHB (1260 AM; 5 kW; PHILIPSBURG, PA)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WLYE (850 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Huntingdon:
- WLAK (103.5 FM; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WWLY (106.3 FM; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES,LLC)
- WKVR-FM (92.3 FM; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: JUNIATA COLLEGE)
- WXMJ (99.5 FM; MOUNT UNION, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WMAJ-FM (104.9 FM; HOLLIDAYSBURG, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- W294AE (106.7 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- W267AC (101.3 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WJHT (107.9 FM; PORT MATILDA, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBUS (93.7 FM; BOALSBURG, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- W270AG (101.9 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WBHV (103.1 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WJSM-FM (92.7 FM; MARTINSBURG, PA; Owner: MARTINSBURG BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVNW (96.7 FM; BURNHAM, PA; Owner: WVNW, INC.)
- WQJU (107.1 FM; MIFFLINTOWN, PA; Owner: CENTRAL PA CHRISTIAN INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WJRC (90.9 FM; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: SALT AND LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC)
- WFGY (98.1 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- WKYE-FM1 (95.5 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: WINSTON RADIO CORPORATION)
- WALY (103.9 FM; BELLWOOD, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WPSU-FM (91.5 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WBRX-FM1 (94.7 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: SHERLOCK BROADCASTING, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Huntingdon:
- W63AJ (Channel 63; HUNTINGDON/WILLIAMSB, PA; Owner: PEAK MEDIA OF PA LICENSEE LLC)
- W32AX (Channel 32; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: BENJAMIN PEREZ)
- W41CF (Channel 41; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W13BY (Channel 13; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: GEORGE W. KIMBLE)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 26m85ftTotal length
- $7,000Total costs
- 40,451Total average daily traffic
- 1,173Total average daily truck traffic
- 41,907Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Huntingdon, PA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 23 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 62 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Huntingdon)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Huntingdon)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 12 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Huntingdon and their reported violations in the past:LAKE RAYSTOWN FAMILY CAMPING (Population served: 400, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:GREENWOOD FURNACE ST PARK (Population served: 300, Groundwater):
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - Between SEP-17-2011 and OCT-17-2011, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-27-2012), St Compliance achieved (JUL-27-2012)
Past monitoring violations:STANDING STONE GC (Population served: 150, Groundwater):
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:PENN-ROOSEVELT STATE PARK (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - Between APR-03-2011 and MAY-03-2011, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAY-09-2011), St Compliance achieved (MAY-09-2011)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - Between JUL-2006 and SEP-2006, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-11-2006), St Compliance achieved (DEC-11-2006)
Past monitoring violations:WHIPPLE DAM ST PARK (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:ONEIDA TWP (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:HUNTINGDON CC (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:REEDS CAMPGROUND (Population served: 44, Groundwater):
- 4 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Huntingdon that have no violations reported:
- STONE CREEK VALLEY LIONS CLUB (Population served: 200, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 24
- Hazardous Condition: 26
Incident types - Huntingdon
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania:
- Comfort Inn, 100 S 4th St, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania 16652 , Phone: (814) 643-1600, Fax: (814) 643-2050
- Fairfield Inn And Suites, 9970 Shaner Blvd, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania 16652 , Phone: (814) 643-3672, Fax: (814) 643-3673
|Most common first names in Huntingdon, PA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Huntingdon, PA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (35%)
- Utility gas (31%)
- Electricity (26%)
- Wood (5%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
|Businesses in Huntingdon, PA|
|Ace Hardware||1||Jones New York||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||KFC||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||True Value||1|
Huntingdon compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
Huntingdon on our top lists:
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of robberies per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Education, training, and library occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of auto thefts per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people walking to work (population 5,000+)"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Fire fighting and prevention workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2010 and 2011"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
Total of 17 patent applications in 2008-2017.