Jefferson County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 34.0. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 10.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.9 miles away from the city center.
(lower is better)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 17.3%
(11.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This village: || 2.4 people|
|Illinois: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This village: || 63.2%|
|Whole state: || 65.8%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This village: || 5.4%|
|Whole state: || 6.3%|
- Lesbian couples: 1.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Ina, IL
1,844 people in state prisons in 2010
1,965 people in state prisons in 2000
Ina compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Ina (2011 data):
- COMMUNITY FIRST BANK OF THE HEARTLAND: Ina Banking Center Branch at 111 West 3rd Street, branch established on 1999/03/22. Info updated 2011/11/09: Bank assets: $143.4 mil, Deposits: $123.5 mil, headquarters in Mount Vernon, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Cedar Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (63%)
- Electricity (22%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (9%)
- Wood (5%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ina (based on Jefferson County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 54.54%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||National Association of Free Will Baptists|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Lutheran Church||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Jefferson County:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|Number of supercenters and club stores:
|This county:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Jefferson County:||4.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||8.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Illinois:||8.3%|Adult obesity rate:
|Illinois:||25.2%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Streets and Highways
|Other and Unallocable
|Totals for Government
Ina government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $41,000 ($17.57)
Solid Waste Management: $13,000 ($5.57)
Parks & Recreation: $13,000 ($5.57)
All Other: $11,000 ($4.71)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $163,000 ($69.84)
Parks & Recreation: $123,000 ($52.70)
Central Staff Services: $69,000 ($29.56)
Sewerage: $31,000 ($13.28)
Solid Waste Management: $15,000 ($6.43)
General Public Buildings: $8,000 ($3.43)
General - Other: $8,000 ($3.43)
Financial Administration: $5,000 ($2.14)
- General - Interest on Debt: $24,000 ($10.28)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $552,000 ($236.50)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $370,000 ($158.53)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $160,000 ($68.55)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $22,000 ($9.43)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $11,000 ($4.71)
- Other Capital Outlay - Central Staff: $19,000 ($8.14)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $330,000 ($141.39)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $250,000 ($107.11)
Highways: $69,000 ($29.56)
- Tax - Property: $15,000 ($6.43)
NEC: $5,000 ($2.14)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $73,000 ($31.28)
5.61% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($33,483 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
5.64% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($33,438 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ina:
- WMIX (940 AM; 5 kW; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: WITHERS BROADCASTING CO OF ILLINOIS)
- WDDD (810 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCL (1060 AM; 3 kW; MCLEANSBORO, IL; Owner: DANA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WGGH (1150 AM; 5 kW; MARION, IL)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- WFRX (1300 AM; 1 kW; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KRFT (1190 AM; 10 kW; DE SOTO, MO; Owner: ALL SPORTS RADIO, LLC)
- KTRS (550 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KTRS-AM LICENSE, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ina:
- WBMV (89.7 FM; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE, INC)
- WVSI (88.9 FM; MT. VERNON, IL; Owner: THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WCIL-FM (101.5 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WQRL (106.3 FM; BENTON, IL; Owner: DANA COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WXLT (103.5 FM; CHRISTOPHER, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WIBV (102.1 FM; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: BENJAMIN STRATEMEYER)
- WISH-FM (98.9 FM; GALATIA, IL; Owner: GALATIA FM JOINT VENTURE)
- WDML (106.9 FM; WOODLAWN, IL; Owner: VOLUNTEER BROADCASTING OF ILLINOIS)
- K201FL (88.1 FM; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WDQN-FM (95.9 FM; DUQUOIN, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WDDD-FM (107.3 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNSV (104.7 FM; NASHVILLE, IL; Owner: DANA R. WITHERS)
- WVZA (92.7 FM; HERRIN, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQUL (97.7 FM; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJBD-FM (100.1 FM; SALEM, IL; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WRXX (95.3 FM; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WAWJ (90.1 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Ina:
- WSIU-TV (Channel 8; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WSIL-TV (Channel 3; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: WSIL-TV, INC.)
- W15BU (Channel 17; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WPXS (Channel 13; MT. VERNON, IL; Owner: EBC ST. LOUIS, INC.)
- W29CI (Channel 29; SALEM, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 4
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 4
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 0
- Fatalities: 4
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 10
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 1
- Fatal accident count: 113
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 171
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 38
- Fatalities: 122
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 302
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 18
Ina fatal accident list:
Sep 18, 1994 05:39 PM, 37, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 4, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Nov 19, 1993 03:55 AM, I57, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
May 15, 1988 08:09 AM, I57, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 2
Total length: 13 meters (43ft)
Total average daily traffic: 32,200
Total average daily truck traffic: 12,562
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Ina
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
34 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- 3rd & Cross Sts (Lat: 38.150056 Lon: -88.916722), Call Sign: KUI652
Assigned Frequencies: 154.430 MHz
Grant Date: 07/23/2003, Expiration Date: 09/15/2013
Registrant: Roy Walker Communications, Inc., 441 Church Camp Road, Makanda, IL 62958, Phone: (618) 529-3301, Fax: (618) 457-4985, Email:
- Lat: 38.130500 Lon: -88.917167, Call Sign: WPWC373, Licensee ID: L00417456
Assigned Frequencies: 72.1000 MHz
Grant Date: 10/10/2012, Expiration Date: 10/09/2022, Certifier: Randall Shively
Registrant: Rend Lake College
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- STATION, 1 Mi N Of (Lat: 38.170861 Lon: -88.903944), Overall height: 59.4 m, Call Sign: WNTV791, Licensee ID: L00838286
Assigned Frequencies: 957.550 MHz
Grant Date: 09/11/2009, Expiration Date: 11/21/2019, Certifier: Gerald Bednar
Registrant: Ameren Services Company
- INA, 601 N. Oak - Ina - 140002801 (Lat: 38.166806 Lon: -88.908694), Type: Tower, Structure height: 61.5 m, Overall height: 65.2 m, Call Sign: WPOP929
Assigned Frequencies: 6845.00 MHz
Grant Date: 10/21/2008, Expiration Date: 11/13/2018, Certifier: Douglas J Minster
Registrant: Allied Wireless Communications Corporation, 1001 Technology Drive, Little Rock, AR 72223, Phone: (501) 448-1249, Fax: (501) 448-1580, Email:
- Ina CAR020, 211 W. 3rd Street (Lat: 38.172861 Lon: -88.905556), Type: Tower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 79.2 m, Call Sign: WPTH867
Assigned Frequencies: 6372.67 MHz
Grant Date: 10/05/2001, Expiration Date: 10/05/2011, Cancellation Date: 12/10/2011, Certifier: James A Tharp
Registrant: Sba Broadband Services, 289 D Cahaba Valley Parkway North, Pelham, AL 35124, Phone: (205) 985-4105, Fax: (205) 985-0394, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: N9XLN, Licensee ID: L00850730
Grant Date: 04/21/2004, Expiration Date: 07/13/2014, Certifier: Seasida J Minor
Registrant: Seasida J Minor, Ina, IL 62846
- Call Sign: N9XLO, Licensee ID: L00850729
Grant Date: 04/21/2004, Expiration Date: 07/13/2014, Certifier: Charles L Minor
Registrant: Charles L Minor, 602 E Tamaroa, Ina, IL 62846
- Call Sign: KB9VKT, Licensee ID: L00170537
Grant Date: 10/28/2009, Expiration Date: 11/09/2019, Certifier: Gordon P Pryor
Registrant: Gordon P Pryor, Ina, IL 62846
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Ina, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Ina, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Ina, IL
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in state prisons"
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Plastics and rubber products"
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage population increases in the 1990s)"
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage increase in population in the 1990s"
- #6 on the list of "Top 100 cities with the largest percentage of males"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Pharmacies and drug stores"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing"
- #63 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Media and communication equipment workers"
- #65 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Service occupations:"
- #70 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Cashiers"
- #59 (62846) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Unclassified or not reported first ancestries"