|Median resident age:||45.5 years|
|Michigan median age:||40.9 years|
Zip codes: 49938.
Ironwood city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $49,393 (it was $35,100 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $547.
- White alone - 5,116 (95.5%)
- Hispanic - 92 (1.7%)
- Two or more races - 49 (0.9%)
- American Indian alone - 42 (0.8%)
- Asian alone - 33 (0.6%)
- Black alone - 6 (0.1%)
|Opinions on Ironwood / Western U.P.? (14 replies)|
|restaurant for anniversary dinner - ironwood and environs (1 reply)|
|Internet service in Ironwood (1 reply)|
|Resorts/cabins/lodging in the Ironwood area? (0 replies)|
|Life in Ironwood (2 replies)|
|Michigan Wolf Hunt , it's going on now ! (59 replies)|
Latest news from Ironwood, MI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Italian (13.5%), German (12.3%), United States (8.7%), English (8.2%), Irish (7.8%), Polish (7.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1503 feet
Land area: 6.55 square miles.
Population density: 791 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Ironwood:
- High school or higher: 91.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 6.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ironwood city:
- Never married: 23.8%
- Now married: 46.2%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 12.8%
- Divorced: 15.2%
151 residents are foreign born (1.8% Europe).
According to our research of Michigan and other state lists there were 14 registered sex offenders living in Ironwood, Michigan as of March 02, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Ironwood to the number of sex offenders is 375 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,192 (1.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $916 (1.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (95.7 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (176.5 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (342.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Hurley, WI (1.2 miles ), Montreal, WI (2.1 miles ), Kimball, WI (2.3 miles ), Bessemer, MI (2.3 miles ), Pence, WI (2.6 miles) , Carey, WI (2.9 miles) , Iron Belt, WI (3.0 miles) , Wakefield, MI (3.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $55,000
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $77,300
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $80,000
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $156,000
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $92,500
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $120,000
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $110,000
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $115,000
- 2005: 4 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $160,000
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $83,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 46.46 N, Longitude: 90.16 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +441 (+8.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 965 (43.2%)
Area code: 906
|Crime rates in Ironwood by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 299.6)||77.7||68.5||75.1||99.5||160.9||144.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Ironwood detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.06|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -534 (-7.8%).
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Construction (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (26%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (4%)
Average climate in Ironwood, Michigan
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ironwood-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Michigan state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/8/1985, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 39.3 miles away from the Ironwood city center killed 2 people and injured 42 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1984, a category F3 tornado 41.3 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 8 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Ironwood-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Michigan state average. It is 97% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 287.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 299.2 miles away from Ironwood center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 351.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 324.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 475.4 miles away from Ironwood center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 254.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Gogebic County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Blizzard: 1, Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Renee Ellmers - Nurse, Jack Gotta - Player of and football, Mario Tiziani - PGA Tour Golf player (born: 7/17/70), Raymond Joseph Cannon - Politician, William C. Gribble, Jr. - General.
Hospitals and medical centers in Ironwood:
Airports located in Ironwood:
- Gogebic-Iron County Airport (Runways: 1, Commercial Ops: 1,404, Air Taxi Ops: 1,000, Itinerant Ops: 6,600, Local Ops: 7,950, Military Ops: 100)
College/University in Ironwood:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ironwood:
- Michigan Technological University (about 90 miles; Houghton, MI; Full-time enrollment: 6,078)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 94 miles; Superior, WI; FT enrollment: 2,302)
- University of Minnesota-Duluth (about 95 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 10,612)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 96 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Lake Superior College (about 98 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 98 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 105 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
Public high school in Ironwood:
- Luther L. Wright High School (Students: 579; Location: 650 E. AYER STREET; Grades: 6-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Ironwood:
Private elementary/middle school in Ironwood:
Notable locations in Ironwood: Gogebic County Fairgrounds (A), Gogebic Country Club (B), Carnegie Library (C), Ironwood Police Department (D), Ironwood Fire Department (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Ironwood include: Grace Community Fellowship (A), Jehovahs Witness Kingdom Hall (B), Assembly of God Church (C), Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church (D), Our Lady of Peace Church (E), Wesley United Methodist Church (F), Saint Paul Lutheran Church (G), Living Water Missionary Church (H), Lighthouse Faith Center (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Riverside Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Ironwood include: Longyear Park (1), Downtown Ironwood Pocket Park (2), Curry Park (3), Kuitunen Park (4), Hiawatha Park (5), Curry House Historical Marker (6), Norrie Park Historical Marker (7), Ironwood City Hall Historical Marker (8), Newport Hill Historical Marker (9). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Ironwood Area Historical Society Museum (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 150 North Lowell Street), Ironwood Tourism Council (648 West Cloverland Drive).
Hotels: Budget Host Cloverland Motel (West US2), Blue Cloud Motel (105 West Cloverland Drive), Comfort Inn Ironwood (210 East Cloverland Drive), Comfort Inn (210 East Cloverland Drive), Davey's Motel (260 East Cloverland Drive), Classic Motor Inn (1200 East Cloverland Drive), Americinn - Ironwood- Mi (1117 E Cloverland Dr), Advance Motel (663 East Cloverland Drive), Cedars Motel (West US2).
Court: United States Government - Social Security Administration (1401 East Cloverland Drive).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Ironwood and their reported violations in the past:USFS - MARION LAKE CAMPGROUND (Population served: 64, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:TRACKSIDE PUB (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
- One regular monitoring violation
Past health violations:HAUTALA'S TAVERN (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In OCT-2010, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif issued (OCT-13-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (2 times from OCT-13-2010 to OCT-15-2010), St Tech Assistance Visit (2 times from OCT-15-2010 to OCT-28-2010), St Compliance achieved (FEB-04-2011)
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past health violations:NESBIT LAKE ORG CAMP (USFS) (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2012, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif issued (JUL-11-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-11-2012), St Tech Assistance Visit (JUL-19-2012), St Public Notif received (JUL-20-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (3 times from AUG-17-2012 to OCT-05-2012), St Compliance achieved (JAN-14-2013)
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-29-2008), St Tech Assistance Visit (2 times from JUL-29-2008 to JUL-30-2008), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-30-2008), St Tech Assistance Visit (2 times from AUG-05-2008 to AUG-14-2008), St Intentional no-action (2 times from OCT-21-2008 to JAN-23-2009), St Compliance achieved (APR-20-2009)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAY-20-2008)
- One regular monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Ironwood that have no violations reported:
- NORRIE PARK (Address: 213 SOUTH MARQUETTE ST. , Population served: 50, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- SYLVANIA ENTRANCE (Population served: 30, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- USFS KENTON DISTRICT OFFICE (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- PERCH LAKE CAMPGROUND (USFS) (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- LAKE OTTAWA REC AREA (USFS) (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(23.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 41.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 47.6% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 59.4% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
3 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
People in group quarters in Ironwood in 2000:
- 144 people in nursing homes
- 8 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 8 people in other group homes
- 4 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 3 people in other nonhousehold living situations
Ironwood compared to Michigan state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Ironwood (2011 data):
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Ironwood Branch at 205 West Aurora Street, branch established on 1941/11/10; Cloverland Branch at 900 East Cloverland Drive, branch established on 1980/01/14. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- River Valley Bank: Ironwood Branch at 200 South Suffolk Street, branch established on 1909/08/24. Info updated 2007/11/20: Bank assets: $984.4 mil, Deposits: $839.5 mil, headquarters in Wausau, WI, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: River Valley Bancorporation, Inc.
- Citizens Bank: 100 S Suffolk St Branch at 100 South Suffolk Street, branch established on 1889/01/01. Info updated 2011/08/01: Bank assets: $9,212.3 mil, Deposits: $7,452.0 mil, headquarters in Flint, MI, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 220 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens Republic Bancorp, Inc.
- Gogebic Range Bank: at 155 East Cloverland Drive, branch established on 2002/05/20. Info updated 2010/06/08: Bank assets: $63.9 mil, Deposits: $56.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: West End Financial Corp.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Ironwood, Michigan:
- Black River Lodge, N12390 Black River Rd, Ironwood, MI 49938 , Phone: (906) 932-3857, Fax: (906) 932-6601
- America's Best Value Inn, 160 E Cloverland Dr, Ironwood, MI 49938 , Phone: (906) 932-3395, Fax: (906) 932-2507
- Comfort Inn, 210 E Cloverland Dr, Ironwood, MI 49938 , Phone: (906) 932-2224, Fax: (906) 932-9929
- Americinn, 1117 E Cloverland Dr, Ironwood, MI 49938 , Phone: (906) 932-7200, Fax: (906) 932-7222
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (77%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (8%)
- Electricity (6%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Wood (4%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ironwood city (based on Gogebic County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 62.38%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Lutheran Church||United Methodist Church||General Association of Regular Baptist Churches|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Assemblies of God||Baptist General Conference||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Gogebic County:||3.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Michigan:||2.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gogebic County:||1.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Michigan:||1.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gogebic County:||5.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$25,299||$50,598||1||$2,081|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$42,236||$46,076||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$19,966||$39,932||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$3,113||$37,356||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||5||$22,964||$55,114||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$2,130||$25,560||3||$1,492|
|Totals for Government||43||$161,620||$45,103||9||$5,630|
Ironwood government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $94,000 ($18.14)
Sewerage: $58,000 ($11.19)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $1,261,000 ($243.30)
Water Utilities: $1,209,000 ($233.26)
Housing & Community Development: $1,074,000 ($207.22)
Police Protection: $973,000 ($187.73)
General - Other: $363,000 ($70.04)
Sewerage: $356,000 ($68.69)
Parks & Recreation: $184,000 ($35.50)
Central Staff Services: $182,000 ($35.11)
Financial Administration: $143,000 ($27.59)
Libraries: $119,000 ($22.96)
General Public Buildings: $114,000 ($21.99)
Health Services - Other: $47,000 ($9.07)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $35,000 ($6.75)
Fire Protection: $33,000 ($6.37)
Solid Waste Management: $16,000 ($3.09)
- Employee Retirement - Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $5,524,000 ($1065.79)
Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $4,426,000 ($853.95)
Benefit Payments: $731,000 ($141.04)
Total Cash & Deposits: $608,000 ($117.31)
Withdrawals: $30,000 ($5.79)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Sewerage: $803,000 ($154.93)
- Intergovernmental to State - Regular Highways: $200,000 ($38.59)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $445,000 ($85.86)
Parks & Recreation: $76,000 ($14.66)
General - Other: $16,000 ($3.09)
Police Protection: $5,000 ($0.96)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,282,000 ($440.29)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $47,000 ($9.07)
Ironwood government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,256,000 ($242.33)
All Other: $160,000 ($30.87)
Parks & Recreation: $112,000 ($21.61)
- Employee Retirement - Local Employee Contribution: $142,000 ($27.40)
From Local Government: $132,000 ($25.47)
Interest Revenue: $-213,000 ($-41.10)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $460,000 ($88.75)
Housing & Community Development: $376,000 ($72.54)
Highways: $200,000 ($38.59)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $15,000 ($2.89)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $226,000 ($43.60)
Rents: $104,000 ($20.07)
Interest Earnings: $72,000 ($13.89)
Property Sale Other: $34,000 ($6.56)
Special Assessments: $16,000 ($3.09)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,401,000 ($270.31)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,074,000 ($207.22)
Highways: $888,000 ($171.33)
All Other: $8,000 ($1.54)
- Tax - Property: $1,539,000 ($296.93)
NEC: $24,000 ($4.63)
Ironwood government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $787,000 ($151.84)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $735,000 ($141.81)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $52,000 ($10.03)
Ironwood government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,876,000 ($361.95)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $46,000 ($8.88)
4.38% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,460 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Iron County, WI||0.31% ($15,389 average AGI)|
|from Ontonagon County, MI||0.24% ($17,929)|
|from Houghton County, MI||0.21% ($28,250)|
5.15% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,137 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ironwood:
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHRY (1450 AM; 1 kW; HURLEY, WI; Owner: BIG G LITTLE O INC.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLKD (1570 AM; 5 kW; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ironwood:
- W207BR (89.3 FM; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- W280DD (103.9 FM; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: GOSPEL OPPORTUNITIES, INC.)
- W265AI (100.9 FM; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: WHITE PINE COMMUNITY B/C, INC.)
- W201BP (88.1 FM; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- WIMI (99.7 FM; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WUPM (106.9 FM; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: BIG G LITTLE O, INC.)
- W224AW (92.7 FM; BERGLAND, MI; Owner: GOSPEL OPPORTUNITIES, INC.)
- WHBM-FM (90.3 FM; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
TV broadcast stations around Ironwood:
- WLEF-TV (Channel 36; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WYOW (Channel 34; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 15
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 20
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 9
- Fatalities: 17
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 29
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 2
- Fatal accident count: 142
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 220
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 52
- Fatalities: 152
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 375
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 25
Total length: 12 meters (39ft)
Total average daily traffic: 17,965
Total average daily truck traffic: 1,048
Total future (year 2006) average daily traffic: 27,068
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 28 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Ironwood, MI)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 24 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Ironwood)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 8 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Ironwood)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 34
- Hazardous Condition: 16
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Ironwood
|Most common first names in Ironwood, MI among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Ironwood, MI among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Ironwood, MI|
|Little Caesars Pizza||1||Walgreens||1|
Ironwood on our top lists:
- #16 on the list of "Top 100 cities with declining populations from 2000 to 2008 (pop. 5,000+)"
- #53 on the list of "Top 100 cities with oldest houses (pop. 5,000+)"
- #70 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
- #76 (49938) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Finnish first ancestries"
- #90 (49938) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Slavic first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of births per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
Total of 8 patent applications in 2008-2015.