|Median resident age:||45.0 years|
|New York median age:||40.7 years|
Zip codes: 14743.
Ischua town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $73,764 (it was $53,400 in 2000)
- White alone - 833 (97.0%)
- Black alone - 12 (1.4%)
- Hispanic - 5 (0.6%)
- Two or more races - 4 (0.5%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.2%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 2 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.1%)
Latest news from Ischua, NY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (31.6%), Irish (17.2%), English (11.4%), Polish (8.9%), United States (7.9%), Dutch (5.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 32.4 square miles.Population density: 27 people per square mile (very low).
For population 25 years and over in Ischua:
- High school or higher: 78.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.3%
- Unemployed: 5.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ischua town:
- Never married: 18.7%
- Now married: 65.7%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 8.1%
4 residents are foreign born
According to our research of New York and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Ischua, New York as of February 01, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Ischua to the number of sex offenders is 429 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Ischua town:||2.1% ($1,125)|
|New York:||1.9% ($2,847)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cheektowaga, NY (50.3 miles , pop. 79,988).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Buffalo, NY (51.8 miles , pop. 292,648).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (229.2 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Lyndon, NY (2.1 miles ), Hinsdale, NY (2.2 miles ), Cuba, NY (2.4 miles ), Humphrey, NY (2.7 miles ), Franklinville, NY (2.8 miles ), New Hudson, NY (3.0 miles ), Clarksville, NY (3.2 miles ), Olean, NY (3.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $10,000
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $10,000
- 2002: 5 buildings, average cost: $41,100
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $131,500
- 2004: 3 buildings, average cost: $86,800
- 2005: 4 buildings, average cost: $106,500
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $106,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.24 N, Longitude: 78.39 W
- Construction (10%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Machinery (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Food (5%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Health care (16%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Food and beverage stores (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (4%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (13%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Bus drivers (3%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
Average climate in Ischua, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ischua-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 57% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/24/1967, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.6 miles away from the Ischua town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 5/15/1961, a category F3 tornado 11.8 miles away from the town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Ischua-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 115.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 149.4 miles away from Ischua center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 236.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 125.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 281.5 miles away from Ischua center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 179.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Cattaraugus County (19) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 8
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 10, Floods: 8, Snowstorms: 3, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Power Outage: 1, Snow: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Ischua:
- CUBA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL INC S N F (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; CUBA, NY)
- OLEAN GENERAL DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 11 miles away; OLEAN, NY)
- OLEAN GENERAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 11 miles away; OLEAN, NY)
- HOME CARE AND HOSPICE (Hospital, about 12 miles away; OLEAN, NY)
- ST FRANCIS HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 12 miles away; OLEAN, NY)
- ST JOSEPHS MANOR (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; OLEAN, NY)
- THE PINES HEALTHCARE AND REHABILITATION CTR OLEAN (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; OLEAN, NY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ischua:
- St Bonaventure University (about 12 miles; Saint Bonaventure, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,286)
- SUNY College of Technology at Alfred (about 31 miles; Alfred, NY; FT enrollment: 3,483)
- Alfred University (about 31 miles; Alfred, NY; FT enrollment: 2,411)
- Bryant & Stratton College-Online (about 43 miles; Orchard Park, NY; FT enrollment: 2,212)
- Jamestown Community College (about 44 miles; Jamestown, NY; FT enrollment: 3,384)
- SUNY College at Geneseo (about 49 miles; Geneseo, NY; FT enrollment: 5,520)
- SUNY at Fredonia (about 51 miles; Fredonia, NY; FT enrollment: 5,523)
Notable location: Ischua Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Ischua: Ischua Union Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Ischua Cemetery (1), Abbotts Cemetery (2), Bristol Cemetery (3), Fitch Cemetery (4), Union Hill Cemetery (5), Maple Grove Cemetery (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
|New York:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Ischua compared to New York state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (45%)
- Wood (30%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (18%)
- Electricity (5%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Religion statistics for Ischua town (based on Cattaraugus County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 41.56%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Lutheran Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||American Baptist Churches in the USA|
|Name||General Association of Regular Baptist Churches||Free Methodist Church of North America||The Wesleyan Church||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Cattaraugus County:||2.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Cattaraugus County:||1.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Cattaraugus County:||3.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.82 / 10,000 pop.|
4.58% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($35,497 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.41%|
0.06% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,494 average AGI)
Cattaraugus County: 0.06% New York average: 0.24%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Erie County, NY||1.21% ($30,478 average AGI)|
|from Allegany County, NY||0.59% ($21,734)|
|from Chautauqua County, NY||0.47% ($24,071)|
5.81% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($33,199 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||6.26%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ischua:
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WGGO (1590 AM; 5 kW; SALAMANCA, NY; Owner: CATT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WOEN (1360 AM; 1 kW; OLEAN, NY; Owner: VOX ALLEGANY, LLC)
- WHDL (1450 AM; 1 kW; OLEAN, NY; Owner: ARROW COMMUNICATIONS OF N.Y., INC.)
- WGR (550 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WHHO (1320 AM; 5 kW; HORNELL, NY; Owner: BILBAT RADIO, INC.)
- WNED (970 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABH (1380 AM; 10 kW; BATH, NY)
- WHLD (1270 AM; 5 kW; NIAGARA FALLS, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTOR (770 AM; daytime; 9 kW; YOUNGSTOWN, NY; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLSV (790 AM; 1 kW; WELLSVILLE, NY; Owner: DBM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ischua:
- WPIG (95.7 FM; OLEAN, NY; Owner: ARROW COMMUNICATIONS OF N.Y., INC.)
- WMXO (101.5 FM; OLEAN, NY; Owner: VOX ALLEGANY, LLC)
- WOLN (91.3 FM; OLEAN, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WQRT (98.3 FM; SALAMANCA, NY; Owner: CATT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCID (89.1 FM; FRIENDSHIP, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- W213BC (90.5 FM; OLEAN, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WTSS (102.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WNSA (107.7 FM; WETHERSFIELD TWNSHP, NY; Owner: ADELPHIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, DEBTOR-IN-POSSESSION)
- WJQZ (103.5 FM; WELLSVILLE, NY; Owner: DBM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZKZ (101.9 FM; ALFRED, NY; Owner: PEMBROOK PINES ELMIRA, LTD.)
- WQRM (106.3 FM; SMETHPORT, PA; Owner: FARM & HOME BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHKS (94.9 FM; PORT ALLEGANY, PA; Owner: L-COM INC.)
- WBRR (100.1 FM; BRADFORD, PA; Owner: RADIO STATION WESB, INC.)
- WNED-FM (94.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/C ASSOC.)
- WJSL (90.3 FM; HOUGHTON, NY; Owner: WXXI PUBLIC BROADCASTING COUNCIL)
- WBUF (92.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WDCX (99.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WNJA (89.7 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/CING ASSOC)
TV broadcast stations around Ischua:
- WNGS (Channel 67; SPRINGVILLE, NY; Owner: CAROLINE K. POWLEY D/B/A UNICORN/SPRINGVILLE)
- WKBW-TV (Channel 7; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WKBW-TV LICENSE, INC.)
- WGRZ-TV (Channel 2; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: MULTIMEDIA ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- WIVB-TV (Channel 4; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WIVB BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WNYO-TV (Channel 49; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: NEW YORK TELEVISION, INC.)
- WNYB (Channel 26; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W30BW (Channel 30; OLEAN, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WONS-LP (Channel 25; OLEAN, NY; Owner: CHOICE OLEAN TELEVISION STATION, INC.)
- W20AB (Channel 20; OLEAN, NY; Owner: CHOICE OLEAN TELEVISION STATION, INC.)
- W60AJ (Channel 60; CUBA, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/CING.ASSN.)
Total length: 22 meters (72ft)
Total costs: $17,910,000
Total average daily traffic: 16,631
Total average daily truck traffic: 1,625
Total future (year 2021) average daily traffic: 23,076
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1
- Olean Municipal Airport (Lat: 42.241389 Lon: -78.373056), Type: Building, Overall height: 15 m, Call Sign: KYG3
Assigned Frequencies: 118.375 MHz
Grant Date: 01/23/2006, Expiration Date: 01/17/2016
Registrant: City Of Olean, Olean, NY 14760, Phone: (716) 376-5650, Fax: (716) 376-5644, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: W1CYA, Previous Call Sign: KC2CYA, Licensee ID: L01019202
Grant Date: 05/12/1999, Expiration Date: 05/12/2009, Cancellation Date: 05/13/2011, Certifier: Robert E Wesolowski
Registrant: Robert E Wesolowski, 4864 Rt 16, Ischua, NY 14743
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
- Hazardous Condition: 1