Jacksboro: Methodist Church in Jacksboror, TX
Jacksboro: Jacksboro TX: Herds famous hamburger restaurant
Jacksboro: Ft richardson magical light
Jacksboro: Icestorm in Jacksboro, Tx
Jacksboro: Yosemite Nat'l Park: Half Dome 2006
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||34.5 years|
|Texas median age:||34.0 years|
Zip codes: 76458.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,107 (it was $13,595 in 2000)
Jacksboro city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $76,087 (it was $42,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $96,288; Detached houses: $99,491; Mobile homes: $14,728
Median gross rent in 2013: $846.
Races in Jacksboro, TX (2013)
- 3,22569.2%White alone
- 3617.7%Black alone
- 220.5%American Indian alone
- 110.2%Asian alone
- 110.2%Two or more races
|Ft Worth drive to Jacksboro (1 reply)|
|Whataburger sucks compared to In-N-Out! You Texans have not truly lived until you have had an In-N-Out burger! (557 replies)|
|where is the country feel (20 replies)|
|Graham, TX (10 replies)|
|I miss the old Texas (106 replies)|
|Looking to move to a "scenic setting" within 1 hour of DFW -- what do you recommend? (13 replies)|
Latest news from Jacksboro, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (11.7%), Irish (10.6%), German (9.3%), English (6.6%), Greek (3.0%), Dutch (2.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1084 feet
Land area: 5.82 square miles.
Population density: 773 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Jacksboro:
- High school or higher: 78.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 6.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jacksboro city:
- Never married: 33.0%
- Now married: 40.0%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 16.6%
375 residents are foreign born (7.5% Latin America).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 16 registered sex offenders living in Jacksboro, Texas as of October 13, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Jacksboro to the number of sex offenders is 281 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,907 (2.4%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $816 (1.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Wichita Falls, TX (50.9 miles , pop. 104,197).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fort Worth, TX (58.5 miles , pop. 534,694).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (84.9 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Perrin, TX (3.4 miles ), Bryson, TX (3.7 miles ), Runaway Bay, TX (4.1 miles ), Lake Bridgeport, TX (4.4 miles ), Graford, TX (4.5 miles ), Chico, TX (4.6 miles ), Jean-Loving, TX (4.7 miles ), Bridgeport, TX (4.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $65,000
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $143,000
- 2004: 3 buildings, average cost: $141,300
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $32,000
- 2006: 4 buildings, average cost: $16,800
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $55,000
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $650,000
- 2009: 10 buildings, average cost: $35,000
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $35,000
- 2011: 6 buildings, average cost: $35,000
- 2012: 9 buildings, average cost: $35,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 33.22 N, Longitude: 98.16 W
Area code: 940
|Crime rates in Jacksboro by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||138.1||65.5||73.3||40.7||37.0||80.4||79.0||99.2||93.5||149.8||90.2||261.9||297.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Jacksboro detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.01|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +1,182 (+35.3%).
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (33%)
- Construction (14%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Wholesale trade (7%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (12%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (23%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (16%)
- Transportation occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (10%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (32%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (17%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Jacksboro, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Jacksboro-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 93% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/25/1990, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 32.7 miles away from the Jacksboro city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/18/1951, a category F4 tornado 36.7 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 100 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Jacksboro-area historical earthquake activity is near Texas state average. It is 75% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 151.5 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 140.3 miles away from Jacksboro center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 367.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 108.8 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 112.0 miles away from Jacksboro center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 293.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Jack County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 5, Hurricanes: 3, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Tornadoes: 2 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Mike Brumbelow - Basketball player-coach, Abe Martin - Football player, Don Massengale - Professional golfer, Rik Massengale - Professional golfer, Anthony 'Scooter' Teague - Actor, Darrell Lester - Football center.
Hospitals and medical centers in Jacksboro:
Airports located in Jacksboro:
- Jacksboro Municipal Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 200, Local Ops: 100)
- Flamingo Airfield Airport (Runways: 1)
- Flyin Armadillo Airport (Runways: 1)
- One Sixty Four Place Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jacksboro:
- Weatherford College (about 40 miles; Weatherford, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,080)
- Midwestern State University (about 50 miles; Wichita Falls, TX; FT enrollment: 4,901)
- University of North Texas (about 59 miles; Denton, TX; FT enrollment: 31,694)
- Texas Christian University (about 59 miles; Fort Worth, TX; FT enrollment: 9,131)
- Tarrant County College District (about 59 miles; Fort Worth, TX; FT enrollment: 33,775)
- Texas Woman's University (about 60 miles; Denton, TX; FT enrollment: 11,837)
- North Central Texas College (about 64 miles; Gainesville, TX; FT enrollment: 6,550)
Public high schools in Jacksboro:
Public elementary/middle schools in Jacksboro:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Colleges: Weatherford Community College, approx 55 miles from Jacksboro. Weatherford, TX, approx enrollement 4,000+
Notable locations in Jacksboro: James W Knox House (A), Jack County Rural Fire Department (B), Jacksboro Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Jacksboro include: Bibleway Chapel (A), Southwest Baptist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Oakwood Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: Lake Jacksboro (A), Lost Creek Reservoir (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Spillers Branch (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Jacksboro include: Fort Richardson State Historical Park (1), Tiger Stadium (2), Fort Richardson State Historical Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: Butterfield Deport Motel (626 North Main Street).
Court: District Court Reporter (Court House).
(12.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 25.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Jacksboro in 2010:
- 1,033 people in state prisons
- 64 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 43 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
People in group quarters in Jacksboro in 2000:
- 984 people in state prisons
- 81 people in nursing homes
- 16 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Jacksboro compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Jacksboro (2011 data):
- The Jacksboro National Bank: at 910 N Main Street, branch established on 1905/01/01. Info updated 2010/07/12: Bank assets: $186.0 mil, Deposits: $162.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Jacksboro National Bancshares, Inc.
- The First National Bank of Jacksboro: The First National Bank Of Jacksboro at 201 South Main Street, branch established on 1890/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $512.1 mil, Deposits: $385.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Highlands Bancshares, Inc.
- Citibank, National Association: 132 South Main Branch at 132 South Main, branch established on 1927/01/01. Info updated 2012/01/10: Bank assets: $1,288,658.0 mil, Deposits: $882,541.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, International Specialization, 1048 total offices, Holding Company: Citigroup Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (59%)
- Electricity (38%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Jacksboro city (based on Jack County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Jack County:||2.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Jack County:||3.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Jack County:||5.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$11,673||$70,038||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$4,939||$59,268||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||9||$42,463||$56,617||0||$0|
|Police - Other||8||$32,246||$48,369||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$8,622||$51,732||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||7||$29,290||$50,211||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||4||$14,171||$42,513||4||$5,982|
|Totals for Government||41||$171,923||$50,319||4||$5,982|
Jacksboro government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $390,000 ($86.67)
Water Utilities: $346,000 ($76.89)
Police Protection: $345,000 ($76.67)
Financial Administration: $261,000 ($58.00)
Regular Highways: $164,000 ($36.44)
Solid Waste Management: $160,000 ($35.56)
Parks & Recreation: $124,000 ($27.56)
Fire Protection: $9,000 ($2.00)
Libraries: $8,000 ($1.78)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $800,000 ($177.78)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $431,000 ($95.78)
Jacksboro government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $576,000 ($128.00)
All Other: $330,000 ($73.33)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $156,000 ($34.67)
Interest Earnings: $27,000 ($6.00)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $846,000 ($188.00)
- Tax - Property: $702,000 ($156.00)
Total General Sales: $418,000 ($92.89)
Public Utilities: $229,000 ($50.89)
Other Selective Sales: $21,000 ($4.67)
NEC: $5,000 ($1.11)
Jacksboro government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $9,929,000 ($2206.44)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $9,194,000 ($2043.11)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $735,000 ($163.33)
- Short Term Debt Outstanding - Beginning: $100,000 ($22.22)
End of Fiscal Year: $50,000 ($11.11)
Jacksboro government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $189,000 ($42.00)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $66,000 ($14.67)
8.83% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,163 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Tarrant County, TX||0.94% ($44,957 average AGI)|
|from Young County, TX||0.86% ($26,762)|
|from Wise County, TX||0.74% ($54,222)|
8.98% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($39,694 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Jacksboro:
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KCAF (990 AM; 10 kW; FARMERSVILLE, TX; Owner: RENAISSANCE RADIO, INC.)
- KHVN (970 AM; 10 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KTNO (1440 AM; 12 kW; DENTON, TX; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLIF (570 AM; 5 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: KLIF LICO, INC.)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
Strongest FM radio stations in Jacksboro:
- KWRD-FM (100.7 FM; HIGHLAND VILLAGE, TX; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA OF TEXAS, L.L.C.)
- KRNB (105.7 FM; DECATUR, TX; Owner: SERVICE BROADCASTING I, LTD.)
- KDKR (91.3 FM; DECATUR, TX; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- KHCK-FM (99.1 FM; DENTON, TX; Owner: KHCK-FM LICENSE CORP.)
- KMEO (96.7 FM; FLOWER MOUND, TX; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KKDL (106.7 FM; MUENSTER, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KZMP-FM (101.7 FM; AZLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KFWR (95.9 FM; MINERAL WELLS, TX; Owner: LKCM RADIO GROUP, LP)
- KNOR (93.7 FM; HEALDTON, OK; Owner: AM & PM BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KDXX (107.1 FM; BENBROOK, TX; Owner: KCYT-FM LICENSE CORP.)
- K220EZ (91.9 FM; GRAHAM, TX; Owner: CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KBOC (98.3 FM; BRIDGEPORT, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS RADIO GROUP, L.P.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Jacksboro)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:111 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Jacksboro, TX)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Jacksboro)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 12525 , Serial Number: 17262040, Year manufactured: 1973, Airworthiness Date: 08/17/1973
Registrant (Individual): Donald B Elenburg, 687 Wesley Chapel Rd, Jacksboro, TX 76458
- Aircraft: LUSCOMBE 8A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 86 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 1705K , Serial Number: 4432, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 11/05/1955
Registrant (Individual): George Martin Jr Knierim, 6677 Highway 380 West, Jacksboro, TX 76458
- Aircraft: CONSOLIDATED VULTEE BT-13 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: P&W R-985 SERIES (450 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 4447N , Serial Number: 1804
Registrant (Individual): James M Cook, Bx 122, Jacksboro, TX 76056
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-12 (Category: Land, Seats: 3, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 82 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-235 SERIES (115 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 78536 , Serial Number: 12-3917, Year manufactured: 1947, Airworthiness Date: 03/07/1956
Registrant (Individual): Glenda S Moore, 1081 Us Highway 281 S, Jacksboro, TX 76458
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 6
|Most common first names in Jacksboro, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Jacksboro, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Jacksboro, TX|
|H&R Block||1||True Value||1|
Total of 13 patent applications in 2008-2015.