Jamestown: Jamestown Hotel, part of the historic community.
Jamestown: Royal Carriage Inn, 18239 Main Street
Jamestown: Branch Jail, off Main Street - Jamestown, CA
Jamestown: Stone Corral aprox 2 mile south of Jamestown, on Hwy 108 - Jamestown, CA
Jamestown: Catherine's Gifts & Tea, 18158 Main Street
Jamestown: Chicken Ranch Rancheria Casino, Chicken Ranch Road - Jamestown, CA
Jamestown: Jamestown, CA Post Office 95327
Jamestown: View down Main Street - Jamestown, CA
Jamestown: Gold Prospecting Adventures, 18170 Main Street
Jamestown: Jamestown Community Hall, Main Street
Submit your own pictures of this place and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||35.7 years|
|California median age:||35.7 years|
Zip codes: 95327.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,608 (it was $16,209 in 2000)
Jamestown CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $164,453 (it was $101,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $828.
Races in Jamestown, CA (2010)
- 2,67577.9%White alone
- 1173.4%Two or more races
- 742.2%American Indian alone
- 260.8%Asian alone
- 190.6%Black alone
- 80.2%Other race alone
- 30.09%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Oceanside the only logical choice? (118 replies)|
|California population to hit 60 million by 2050 - Whites a minority (320 replies)|
|Fly Fishing Near Sonora, Oakhurst, Jamestown ?? (1 reply)|
|Where does Northern California end and Southern California begin? (163 replies)|
|Opinion on Jamestown, Sonora, Tuolumne County (11 replies)|
|Thinking of fleeing California? Top destinations -- (213 replies)|
Latest news from Jamestown, CA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (15.2%), Irish (10.9%), English (10.4%), United States (5.1%), Italian (4.1%), Dutch (3.8%).
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 1406 feet
Land area: 3.06 square miles.
Population density: 1,123 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Jamestown:
- High school or higher: 87.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.7%
- Unemployed: 15.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jamestown CDP:
- Never married: 27.2%
- Now married: 47.8%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 8.7%
- Divorced: 13.1%
158 residents are foreign born (2.3% Latin America, 1.9% Europe, 0.4% Asia).
According to our research of California and other state lists there were 13 registered sex offenders living in Jamestown, California as of October 06, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Jamestown to the number of sex offenders is 264 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,544 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $760 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Modesto, CA (38.1 miles , pop. 188,856).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Stockton, CA (48.9 miles , pop. 243,771).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (290.7 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Sonora, CA (1.6 miles ), East Sonora, CA (1.9 miles ), Tuttletown, CA (2.0 miles ), Columbia, CA (2.3 miles ), East Sonora-Phoenix Lake, CA (2.4 miles ), Chinese Camp, CA (2.5 miles) , Yankee Hill, CA (2.5 miles ), Phoenix Lake, CA (2.6 miles ).
Latitude: 37.95 N, Longitude: 120.41 W
Area code: 209
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (30%)
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (8%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (32%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (16%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Manufacturing (2%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (21%)
- Management occupations (15%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (26%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (20%)
- Healthcare support occupations (16%)
- Personal care and service occupations (11%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
Average climate in Jamestown, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Jamestown-area historical earthquake activity is near California state average. It is 807% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 141.5 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 218.8 miles away from Jamestown center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 10/18/1989 at 00:04:15, a magnitude 7.1 (6.5 MB, 7.1 MS, 6.9 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 95.0 miles away from the city center, causing 62 deaths (62 shaking deaths) and 3757 injuries, causing $1,305,032,704 total damage
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 131.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 235.0 miles away from Jamestown center
On 11/4/1927 at 13:51:53, a magnitude 7.5 (7.5 UK) earthquake occurred 213.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Tuolumne County (9) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 4, Landslides: 2, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Jamestown:
- SONORA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER D/P SNF (Nursing Home, about 2 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- TUOLUMNE GENERAL HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 3 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- SONORA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 3 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- AVALON CARE CENTER-SONORA (Nursing Home, about 3 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- SATELLITE DIALYSIS SONORA (Dialysis Facility, about 3 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- SONORA REGIONAL HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 3 miles away; SONORA, CA)
- VISITING NURSE ASSOCIATION (Hospital, about 3 miles away; SONORA, CA)
Airports located in Jamestown:See details about airports located in Jamestown, CA
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jamestown:
- California State University-Stanislaus (about 39 miles; Turlock, CA; Full-time enrollment: 7,054)
- Modesto Junior College (about 40 miles; Modesto, CA; FT enrollment: 10,635)
- University of California-Merced (about 41 miles; Merced, CA; FT enrollment: 5,981)
- Merced College (about 44 miles; Merced, CA; FT enrollment: 6,973)
- University of the Pacific (about 50 miles; Stockton, CA; FT enrollment: 4,999)
- San Joaquin Delta College (about 50 miles; Stockton, CA; FT enrollment: 12,167)
- Folsom Lake College (about 63 miles; Folsom, CA; FT enrollment: 5,308)
Public elementary/middle schools in Jamestown:
Private elementary/middle school in Jamestown:
Notable location: Tuolumne County Fire Department Station 76 Jamestown Station (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Jamestown: Jamestown Methodist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Jamestown Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Jamestown: Railtown 1897 State Historic Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Chicken Ranch Bingo & Casino (16929 Chicken Ranch Road).
Hotel: 1859 Historic National Hotel- A Country (18183 Main Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 73.5. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2005 was 0.316. This is about average. Closest monitor was 2.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2000 was 53.7. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 8.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 15.5. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 22.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 6.98. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 22.8 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jamestown and their reported violations in the past:BASELINE CONSERVATION CAMP (Population served: 150, Surface water):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2008 and JUN-2008, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (JUL-24-2008), St Compliance achieved (JUL-24-2008)
- Monthly Turbidity Exceed (Enhanced SWTR) - In DEC-2008, Contaminant: IESWTR. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JAN-01-2009)
- Treatment Technique Precursor Removal - Between JAN-2006 and MAR-2006, Contaminant: CARBON, TOTAL. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (APR-27-2006)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In JAN-01-2006, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (DEC-28-2005), St Compliance achieved (DEC-28-2005)
- Treatment Technique Precursor Removal - Between OCT-2005 and DEC-2005, Contaminant: CARBON, TOTAL. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (APR-27-2006)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In JAN-01-2005, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (DEC-28-2005), St Compliance achieved (DEC-28-2005)
- 2 regular monitoring violations
- 2 other older monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jamestown that have no violations reported:
- LAKE TULLOCH CAMPGRD & MARINA (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(27.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 55.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 65.3% for other race residents, 32.5% for two or more races residents)
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
83 people in other noninstitutional group quarters in 2000
Jamestown compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Jamestown (2011 data):
- Umpqua Bank: Jamestown Branch at 18281 Main Street, branch established on 1983/01/18. Info updated 2011/09/02: Bank assets: $11,556.7 mil, Deposits: $9,325.3 mil, headquarters in Roseburg, OR, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 193 total offices, Holding Company: Umpqua Holdings Corporation
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Jamestown, California:
- Historic National Hotel, 18183 Main St, Jamestown, CA 95327 , Phone: (209) 984-3446
- Historic National Hotel, PO Box 502, Jamestown, CA 95327 , Phone: (209) 984-3446, Fax: (209) 984-5620
- Quality Inn-sonora, 18730 Hwy 108, Jamestown, CA 95327 , Phone: (209) 984-0315
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Royal Carriage Inn, 18239 Main St, Jamestown, CA 95327 , Phone: (209) 984-5271, Fax: (209) 984-1675
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (33%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (29%)
- Utility gas (20%)
- Wood (13%)
- Other fuel (5%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Jamestown CDP (based on Tuolumne County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Tuolumne County:||2.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tuolumne County:||1.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||0.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tuolumne County:||3.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.42 / 10,000 pop.|
5.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($42,490 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved from foreign countries ($205 average AGI)
Tuolumne County: 0.06% California average: 0.07%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Stanislaus County, CA||0.56% ($45,327 average AGI)|
|from Calaveras County, CA||0.40% ($33,105)|
|from Alameda County, CA||0.39% ($58,149)|
5.35% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,608 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Jamestown:
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KVML (1450 AM; 1 kW; SONORA, CA; Owner: CLARKE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KSTE (650 AM; 25 kW; RANCHO CORDOVA, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KLOK (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KFAX (1100 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: GOLDEN GATE BROADCASTING CO, INC.)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Jamestown:
- KKBN (93.5 FM; TWAIN HARTE, CA; Owner: CLARKE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KZSQ-FM (92.7 FM; SONORA, CA; Owner: CLARKE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KCVR-FM (98.9 FM; COLUMBIA, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KHOP (95.1 FM; OAKDALE, CA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KXSR (91.7 FM; GROVELAND, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SACRAMENTO)
- KRVR (105.5 FM; COPPEROPOLIS, CA; Owner: THRESHOLD COMMUNICATIONS)
- KEFR (89.9 FM; LE GRAND, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KUBB (96.3 FM; MARIPOSA, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORP. OF MONTEREY INC)
- KCIV (99.9 FM; MOUNT BULLION, CA; Owner: BOTT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KMPO (88.7 FM; MODESTO, CA; Owner: RADIO BILINGUE, INC.)
- K214CT (90.7 FM; MARIPOSA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KAMB (101.5 FM; MERCED, CA; Owner: CENTRAL VALLEY BROADCASTING CO. INC.)
- KDJK (103.9 FM; MARIPOSA, CA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- K238AC (95.5 FM; SALIDA, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KBYN (95.9 FM; ARNOLD, CA; Owner: KBYN, INC.)
- KOSO (93.1 FM; PATTERSON, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHTN (104.7 FM; LOS BANOS, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KJOY (99.3 FM; STOCKTON, CA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KSVL (92.3 FM; SMITH, NV; Owner: DONEGAL ENTERPRISES)
- KWYL (102.9 FM; SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Jamestown:
- KMMK-LP (Channel 14; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: CABALLERO TELEVISION TEXAS, L.L.C.)
- KOVR (Channel 13; STOCKTON, CA; Owner: SCI - SACRAMENTO LICENSEE, LLC)
- KXTV (Channel 10; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: KXTV, INC.)
- KUVS (Channel 19; MODESTO, CA; Owner: KUVS LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 10m33ftTotal length
- $892,000Total costs
- 45,391Total average daily traffic
- 294Total average daily truck traffic
- 44,858Total future (year 2027) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Jamestown)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:18 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Jamestown, CA)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- MT RUSHING, Rock River Drive On Rushing Mtn (Lat: 37.828889 Lon: -120.568472), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 31.1 m, Call Sign: WMS803
Assigned Frequencies: 11215.0 MHz, 6063.80 MHz, 6093.45 MHz, 10637.5 MHz
Grant Date: 01/04/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: Carol L Tacker
Registrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 2200 N. Greenville Ave, 1w, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (972) 234-7003, Fax: (972) 301-6893, Email:
- JAMESTOWN, 0.24 Km Nw Of Sr 108 (Lat: 37.937972 Lon: -120.442417), Type: Pole, Structure height: 9.1 m, Call Sign: WPJC212
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHz, 6152.75 MHz
Grant Date: 12/28/2010, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021
Registrant: Lukas, Nace, Gutierrez & Sachs, LLP, 8300 Greensboro Drive, Mclean, VA 22102, Phone: (703) 584-8665, Fax: (703) 584-8696, Email:
- SC07106A RH, 11211 Rushing Hl Lookout (Lat: 37.828889 Lon: -120.568472), Type: Tower, Structure height: 30.5 m, Call Sign: WQHE787, Licensee ID: L00127664
Assigned Frequencies: 19415.0 MHz
Grant Date: 07/13/2007, Expiration Date: 07/13/2017, Cancellation Date: 01/20/2009, Certifier: Dan Menser
Registrant: T-Mobile License LLC, 12920 Se 38th Street, Bellevue, WA 98006, Phone: (425) 383-4000, Fax: (425) 383-4040, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:47 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Jamestown)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers:1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Jamestown)
FAA Registered Aircraft:9 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 19
- Hazardous Condition: 2
Incident types - Jamestown
|Most common first names in Jamestown, CA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Jamestown, CA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Jamestown, CA
- Chevrolet: 1
- FedEx: 1
Jamestown on our top lists:
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Electrical and electronic goods merchant wholesalers"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Sales and office occupations:"
- #94 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest differences between morning and afternoon humidity"
- #96 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Sporting goods, camera, and hobby and toy stores"
- #17 (95327) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Unclassified or not reported first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #66 (95327) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Basque first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #35 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest increase in the number of deaths per 1000 residents 1990-1999 to 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #100 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of births per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2015.