|Median resident age:||41.1 years|
|New York median age:||40.7 years|
Zip codes: 14082.
Java town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $110,013 (it was $87,700 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,017 (98.1%)
- Hispanic - 28 (1.4%)
- Asian alone - 6 (0.3%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 2 (0.10%)
- Two or more races - 3 (0.1%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.05%)
Ancestries: German (42.6%), Irish (16.4%), Polish (12.8%), English (11.9%), United States (9.2%), French (8.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 47.1 square miles.
Population density: 44 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Java:
- High school or higher: 87.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.1%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Java town:
- Never married: 24.9%
- Now married: 64.8%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 4.9%
- Divorced: 4.9%
34 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Java town:||1.6% ($1,364)|
|New York:||1.9% ($2,847)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cheektowaga, NY (26.3 miles , pop. 79,988).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Buffalo, NY (29.5 miles , pop. 292,648).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (248.9 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Sheldon, NY (2.2 miles ), Strykersville, NY (2.2 miles ), Wethersfield, NY (2.7 miles ), Orangeville, NY (2.8 miles ), Bliss, NY (2.9 miles ), Holland, NY (2.9 miles ), Eagle, NY (2.9 miles ), Arcade, NY (3.0 miles ).
Latitude: 42.66 N, Longitude: 78.38 W
Area codes: 585, 716
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (18%)
- Construction (14%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Repair and maintenance (5%)
- Computer and electronic products (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (4%)
- Health care (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores (5%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Social assistance (4%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (9%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Customer service representatives (4%)
Java-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 68% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/24/1967, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 22.1 miles away from the Java town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 8/19/1970, a category F3 tornado 22.6 miles away from the town center injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Java-area historical earthquake activity is near New York state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 131.3 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 160.3 miles away from Java center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 222.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 265.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 133.5 miles away from Java center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 201.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wyoming County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 8
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 4, Snowstorms: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Power Outage: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ed Don George - Wrestler.
Hospitals and medical centers near Java:
- WYOMING CO DOH CHHA (Home Health Center, about 14 miles away; SILVER SPRINGS, NY)
- EAST SIDE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; WARSAW, NY)
- MANOR OAK SKILLED NURSING FACILITIES WARSAW (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; WARSAW, NY)
- WYOMING COUNTY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 15 miles away; WARSAW, NY)
- ABSOLUT CTR FOR NURSING AND REHAB AURORA PARK L L C (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; EAST AURORA, NY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Java:
- Bryant & Stratton College-Online (about 22 miles; Orchard Park, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,212)
- Genesee Community College (about 28 miles; Batavia, NY; FT enrollment: 4,290)
- Erie Community College (about 30 miles; Buffalo, NY; FT enrollment: 11,035)
- SUNY College at Geneseo (about 30 miles; Geneseo, NY; FT enrollment: 5,520)
- Daemen College (about 30 miles; Amherst, NY; FT enrollment: 2,365)
- Canisius College (about 31 miles; Buffalo, NY; FT enrollment: 4,376)
- Medaille College (about 31 miles; Buffalo, NY; FT enrollment: 2,361)
Notable locations in Java: Hicks Corners (A), Five Corners (B), Plato Brook Farms (C), Waldos Corners (D), Beaver Meadow Family Campground (E), Union Corners (F), Strykersville Fire Company (G), North Java Fire Company (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Java: Saint Patrick's Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Java Cemetery (1), Saint Marys Cemetery (2), Saint Nicholas Cemetery (3), Silver Maple Cemetery (4), Curriers Cemetery (5), Saint Patrick's Cemetery (6), North Java Pioneer Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and swamps: Java Lake (A), Gallagher Swamp (B), Beaver Meadow (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Plato Creek (A), Brown Brook (B), Beaver Meadow Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.6 people|
|New York:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Java compared to New York state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (39%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (27%)
- Wood (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (12%)
- Electricity (4%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Java town (based on Wyoming County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 46.29%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Church of Christ||United Methodist Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Conservative Baptist Association of America|
|Name||Episcopal Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Free Methodist Church of North America||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wyoming County:||2.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming County:||0.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming County:||4.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.82 / 10,000 pop.|
4.70% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,441 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.06%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Erie County, NY||1.28% ($44,960 average AGI)|
|from Genesee County, NY||0.67% ($30,577)|
|from Livingston County, NY||0.49% ($33,442)|
5.49% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,578 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.46%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Java:
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGR (550 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WCJW (1140 AM; daytime; 3 kW; WARSAW, NY; Owner: LLOYD LANE, INCORPORATED)
- WXRL (1300 AM; 5 kW; LANCASTER, NY; Owner: DOME BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNED (970 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY)
- WHLD (1270 AM; 5 kW; NIAGARA FALLS, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTOR (770 AM; daytime; 9 kW; YOUNGSTOWN, NY; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBEN (930 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WGGO (1590 AM; 5 kW; SALAMANCA, NY; Owner: CATT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLGZ (990 AM; 5 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WSPQ (1330 AM; 1 kW; SPRINGVILLE, NY; Owner: HAWK COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WABH (1380 AM; 10 kW; BATH, NY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Java:
- WNSA (107.7 FM; WETHERSFIELD TWNSHP, NY; Owner: ADELPHIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, DEBTOR-IN-POSSESSION)
- WTSS (102.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WCOU (88.3 FM; WARSAW, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WBUF (92.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WLOF (101.7 FM; ATTICA, NY; Owner: HOLY FAMILY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNED-FM (94.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/C ASSOC.)
- WDCX (99.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WFBF (89.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WGRF (96.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBLK (93.7 FM; DEPEW, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJYE (96.1 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WHTT-FM (104.1 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WYRK (106.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Java:
- WGRZ-TV (Channel 2; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: MULTIMEDIA ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- WNYO-TV (Channel 49; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: NEW YORK TELEVISION, INC.)
- WKBW-TV (Channel 7; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WKBW-TV LICENSE, INC.)
- WIVB-TV (Channel 4; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WIVB BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WNGS (Channel 67; SPRINGVILLE, NY; Owner: CAROLINE K. POWLEY D/B/A UNICORN/SPRINGVILLE)
- WPXJ-TV (Channel 51; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: PAXSON BUFFALO LICENSE, INC.)
- WNED-TV (Channel 17; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WESTERN NY PUBLIC BROADCASTING ASSOC.)
- WUTV (Channel 29; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WUTV LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNLO (Channel 23; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WIVB BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WDTB-LP (Channel 39; HAMBURG, NY; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WFHW-LP (Channel 58; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: CITIZENS TELEVISION SYSTEM, INC.)
- WBXZ-LP (Channel 56; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
Total length: 10 meters (33ft)
Total costs: $13,419,000
Total average daily traffic: 8,813
Total average daily truck traffic: 617
Total future (year 2020) average daily traffic: 11,517
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- 4672 Route 78 (Lat: 42.684222 Lon: -78.243889), Call Sign: KNBW219
Assigned Frequencies: 463.750 MHz
Grant Date: 10/16/1996, Expiration Date: 10/20/2001, Cancellation Date: 03/24/2002
Registrant: Gordon F Bennett Inc, 3458 Union Road, Buffalo, NY 14225, Phone: (716) 684-4552
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-18A-135 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 97 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O-320 (150 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3708A , Serial Number: 18-3389, Year manufactured: 1956, Airworthiness Date: 07/31/2007
Registrant (Individual): Paul W Freyburger, 4687 Michigan Rd, Java Village, NY 14083
- Aircraft: AERONCA 11AC (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 75 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 85916 , Serial Number: 11AC-326, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 10/10/1958
Registrant (Individual): Paul W Freyburger, Po Box 93, Java Village, NY 14083