Jefferson, South Dakota
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||37.0 years|
|South Dakota median age:||36.6 years|
Zip codes: 57038.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $25,626 (it was $18,467 in 2000)
Jefferson city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $109,131 (it was $70,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $600.
Races in Jefferson, SD (2010)
- 53197.1%White alone
- 50.9%Two or more races
- 30.5%Black alone
|Summer Weather Alerts, 2013 (Road Conditions and Highway Cams) (33 replies)|
|Had an interview!! But now this happens.... (7 replies)|
|2009 Summer Celebrations & fun things to do! (59 replies)|
|South Dakota Facts (286 replies)|
|Big 3 Beggars and Reality... (36 replies)|
|Name these south dakota towns!!! (34 replies)|
Latest news from Jefferson, SD collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (29.5%), Irish (10.0%), French (8.2%), Dutch (6.1%), French Canadian (5.4%), Norwegian (5.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 1/8/1895
Elevation: 1119 feet
Land area: 0.29 square miles.
Population density: 1,872 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Jefferson:
- High school or higher: 90.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.7%
- Unemployed: 1.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jefferson city:
- Never married: 29.2%
- Now married: 56.9%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 3.5%
- Divorced: 8.3%
12 residents are foreign born (1.5% Latin America, 0.5% Europe).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,725 (1.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,755 (1.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Sioux City, IA (11.3 miles , pop. 85,013).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Omaha, NE (97.2 miles , pop. 390,007).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (457.9 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: North Sioux City, SD (2.5 miles ), Ponca, NE (2.8 miles ), Elk Point, SD (2.9 miles ), Dakota Dunes, SD (3.0 miles ), Westfield, IA (3.3 miles) , Jackson, NE (3.3 miles ), Sioux City, IA (3.4 miles ), Richland, SD (3.4 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $95,000
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $81,000
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $71,600
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $63,000
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $63,000
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $85,300
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $122,000
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $190,000
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $38,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.60 N, Longitude: 96.56 W
Area code: 605
|Crime rates in Jefferson by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 285.7)||14.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||7.0||19.1||0.0||0.0||7.4||0.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Jefferson detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.83|
|South Dakota average:||1.82|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (34%)
- Transportation and warehousing (13%)
- Wholesale trade (10%)
- Construction (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Finance and insurance (21%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (10%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (20%)
- Production occupations (16%)
- Management occupations (12%)
- Transportation occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (42%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (10%)
- Material moving occupations (10%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (5%)
Average climate in Jefferson, South Dakota
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Jefferson-area historical tornado activity is above South Dakota state average. It is 83% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/28/1986, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 21.4 miles away from the Jefferson city center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/23/2003, a category F4 tornado 26.3 miles away from the city center killed one person and caused $4 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Jefferson-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below South Dakota state average. It is 71% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 119.2 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 181.2 miles away from Jefferson center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 213.5 miles away from the city center
On 2/6/1996 at 15:10:28, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 50.3 miles away from the city center
On 10/25/1990 at 06:25:25, a magnitude 3.9 (3.6 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 126.6 miles away from Jefferson center
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 718.0 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Union County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 5, Blizzard: 1, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Jug Thesenga - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers near Jefferson:
- WEL-HOME HEALTH OF ELK POINT (Home Health Center, about 9 miles away; ELK POINT, SD)
- PRAIRIE ESTATES CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; ELK POINT, SD)
- WESTWOOD NURSING AND REHAB CENTE (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; SIOUX CITY, IA)
- OAKSHIRE HOUSE (Hospital, about 9 miles away; SIOUX CITY, IA)
- HOSPICE OF SIOUXLAND (Hospital, about 9 miles away; SIOUX CITY, IA)
- HOLY SPIRIT RETIREMENT HOME (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; SIOUX CITY, IA)
- SIOUXLAND NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; SIOUX CITY, IA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jefferson:
- Western Iowa Tech Community College (about 14 miles; Sioux City, IA; Full-time enrollment: 3,544)
- University of South Dakota (about 23 miles; Vermillion, SD; FT enrollment: 7,328)
- Wayne State College (about 35 miles; Wayne, NE; FT enrollment: 3,121)
- Northeast Community College (about 58 miles; Norfolk, NE; FT enrollment: 3,334)
- Southeast Technical Institute (about 68 miles; Sioux Falls, SD; FT enrollment: 2,386)
- Buena Vista University (about 69 miles; Storm Lake, IA; FT enrollment: 2,522)
- Metropolitan Community College Area (about 96 miles; Omaha, NE; FT enrollment: 12,236)
Notable locations in Jefferson: Jefferson Volunteer Fire Department (A), Jefferson City Hall (B), Jefferson Volunteer Ambulance (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 87.9. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.145. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 12.5 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 5.73. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.5 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.340. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 10.9 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 32.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 20.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 7.56. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 10.0 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jefferson and their reported violations in the past:JEFFERSON (Population served: 547, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2010, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-17-2010), St Public Notif received (SEP-27-2010), St Compliance achieved (APR-01-2011)
- Treatment Technique No Certif. Operator - In FEB-01-2014, Contaminant: DBP Stage 1. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-11-2014)
- Treatment Technique No Certif. Operator - In DEC-02-2004, Contaminant: DBP Stage 1. Follow-up actions: St Intentional no-action (MAY-11-2005), St Compliance achieved (MAY-19-2005)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jefferson that have no violations reported:
- CLAY RWS/SOUTH UNION (Population served: 965, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(3.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 15.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
|South Dakota:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Jefferson compared to South Dakota state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Jefferson (2011 data):
- Liberty National Bank: Jefferson Branch at 215 Main, branch established on 1946/05/11. Info updated 2008/12/05: Bank assets: $231.2 mil, Deposits: $191.5 mil, headquarters in Sioux City, IA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Liberty Financial Services, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
|South Dakota average:||10.0|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (70%)
- Electricity (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Jefferson city (based on Union County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Union County:||2.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Dakota:||2.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Union County:||0.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Dakota:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Union County:||7.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||7||$300|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$3,393||$40,716||1||$300|
|Streets and Highways||1||$2,039||$24,468||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||1||$1,357|
|Totals for Government||5||$15,478||$37,147||9||$1,957|
Jefferson government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $72,000 ($133.09)
Regular Highways: $42,000 ($77.63)
Water Utilities: $41,000 ($75.79)
Sewerage: $34,000 ($62.85)
Police Protection: $33,000 ($61.00)
Solid Waste Management: $18,000 ($33.27)
Parks & Recreation: $10,000 ($18.48)
Fire Protection: $3,000 ($5.55)
Health Services - Other: $2,000 ($3.70)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $71,000 ($131.24)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $15,000 ($27.73)
Jefferson government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $43,000 ($79.48)
All Other: $24,000 ($44.36)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $13,000 ($24.03)
General Revenue, NEC: $7,000 ($12.94)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $55,000 ($101.66)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $3,000 ($5.55)
Highways: $2,000 ($3.70)
All Other: $1,000 ($1.85)
- Tax - Property: $109,000 ($201.48)
NEC: $89,000 ($164.51)
Total General Sales: $52,000 ($96.12)
Other Selective Sales: $4,000 ($7.39)
Motor Vehicle License: $3,000 ($5.55)
Jefferson government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $269,000 ($497.23)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $261,000 ($482.44)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $8,000 ($14.79)
Jefferson government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $511,000 ($944.55)
9.42% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($142,150 average adjusted gross income)
|South Dakota average:||7.96%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Woodbury County, IA||2.75% ($70,853 average AGI)|
|from Dakota County, NE||0.62% ($66,135)|
|from Clay County, SD||0.47% ($54,643)|
9.00% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($67,737 average adjusted gross income)
|South Dakota average:||7.77%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Jefferson:
- KSCJ (1360 AM; 5 kW; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: KSUX/KSCJ RADIO BROADCASTING CO)
- KWSL (1470 AM; 5 kW; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- KMNS (620 AM; 1 kW; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WNAX (570 AM; 5 kW; YANKTON, SD; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KXRB (1000 AM; 10 kW; SIOUX FALLS, SD)
- KSOO (1140 AM; 10 kW; SIOUX FALLS, SD; Owner: SOUTHERN MINNESOTA BROADCASTING CO.)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KTIC (840 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WEST POINT, NE; Owner: WEST POINT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTFJ (1250 AM; 1 kW; DAKOTA CITY, NE; Owner: DONALD A. SWANSON)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Jefferson:
- KSFT-FM (107.1 FM; SOUTH SIOUX CITY, NE; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- KGLI (95.5 FM; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- KWIT (90.3 FM; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: WESTERN IOWA TECH COMM. COLLEGE)
- KTFC (103.3 FM; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: DONALD A. SWANSON)
- KKMA (99.5 FM; LE MARS, IA; Owner: POWELL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- K205DC (88.9 FM; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KSEZ (97.9 FM; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WNAX-FM (104.1 FM; YANKTON, SD; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSUX (105.7 FM; WINNEBAGO, NE; Owner: KSUX/KSCJ RADIO BROADCASTING CO)
- KAYA (91.3 FM; HUBBARD, NE; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KUSD (89.7 FM; VERMILLION, SD; Owner: S/DAKOTA BD OF DIR FOR ED. TELECOMUN)
- KMSC (88.3 FM; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: MORNINGSIDE COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Jefferson:
- KCAU-TV (Channel 9; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CITADEL COMMUNICATIONS CO.LTD.)
- KSIN-TV (Channel 27; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KMEG (Channel 14; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: WAITT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KPTH (Channel 44; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF SIOUX CITY)
- KTIV (Channel 4; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: KTIV TELEVISION, INC.)
- KDLT-TV (Channel 46; SIOUX FALLS, SD; Owner: RED RIVER BROADCAST CO., LLC)
- K38DU (Channel 38; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CORNERSTONE FAITH CENTER)
- KXNE-TV (Channel 19; NORFOLK, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
Jefferson fatal accident list:
Mar 24, 1975 07:50 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Jefferson)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1
- Aei Site Railroad Milepost 523.5 (Lat: 42.580000 Lon: -96.536694), Type: Mast, Structure height: 2 m, Call Sign: WPHW612
Assigned Frequencies: 911.500 MHz, 918.500 MHz
Grant Date: 07/19/2000, Expiration Date: 07/31/2005, Cancellation Date: 01/07/2006
Registrant: Bnsf, 4515 Kansas Ave, Kansas City, KS 66106, Phone: (913) 551-4613, Fax: (913) 551-4053, Email:
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:3
- I29 2 Mi S (Lat: 42.541389 Lon: -96.500861), Call Sign: KNID775, Licensee ID: L00002012
Assigned Frequencies: 39.1000 MHz, 39.1200 MHz, 39.1600 MHz, 39.3200 MHz
Grant Date: 01/06/2004, Expiration Date: 01/11/2014
Registrant: Bit/State Radio Communications Engineering, 1302 E. Hwy 14 Suite 8, Pierre, SD 57501, Phone: (605) 773-4635, Fax: (605) 773-7979, Email:
- 33237 484th Ave. (Lat: 42.570278 Lon: -96.527500), Call Sign: WPXZ266
Assigned Frequencies: 461.850 MHz, 461.725 MHz, 461.600 MHz
Grant Date: 07/03/2003, Expiration Date: 07/03/2013, Certifier: Dale Beauchene
Registrant: Racom Corporation, Marshalltown, IA 50158, Phone: (888) 752-1016, Fax: (888) 751-1090, Email:
- Lat: 42.605583 Lon: -96.593833, Call Sign: WQLB801
Assigned Frequencies: 467.112 MHz
Grant Date: 11/25/2009, Expiration Date: 11/25/2019, Certifier: Tim Montagne
Registrant: Tri-State Communications, 1030 5th Avenue, South Sioux City, NE 68776, Phone: (402) 494-5477, Fax: (402) 494-1420, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- JEFFERSON SD, 215 Main St (Lat: 42.602472 Lon: -96.559167), Structure height: 38.1 m, Call Sign: WPOR913
Assigned Frequencies: 21975.0 MHz, 21925.0 MHz
Grant Date: 03/04/1999, Expiration Date: 03/04/2009, Cancellation Date: 05/09/2009
Registrant: Phone: (603) 362-5977
- JEFFERSON, 48192 331st St. (Lat: 42.591306 Lon: -96.568083), Type: Tower, Structure height: 44.2 m, Overall height: 47.2 m, Call Sign: WQBZ233
Assigned Frequencies: 6286.19 MHz, 6315.84 MHz, 6345.49 MHz, 6256.54 MHz
Grant Date: 01/10/2005, Expiration Date: 01/10/2015, Certifier: Michael P Goggin
Registrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 1120 20th Street, Nw - Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-2055, Fax: (202) 457-3073, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Jefferson)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers:1
- HEPAR LLC, 1000 Wynstone Dr, Jefferson, SD 57038
Certificate: D002335 (Corporation), Certificate Issue Date: 06/09/2009, Expiration Date: 06/08/2010
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: JONES TIMOTHY P COZY MARK IV (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING I0360 SER A&C (200 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 204TJ , Serial Number: 204, Year manufactured: 1996, Airworthiness Date: 08/01/1996
Registrant (Individual): Timothy Paul Jones, 47935 334th St, Jefferson, SD 57038
- Aircraft: N205TJ LLC BERKUT (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: AMA/EXPR UNKNOWN ENG (Turbo-jet)
N-Number: 205TJ , Serial Number: 50, Year manufactured: 2010, Airworthiness Date: 09/14/2010
Registrant (Individual): Timothy P Jones, 47935 334th St, Jefferson, SD 57038
- Aircraft: CESSNA 680 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 9, Weight: 20,000+ Pounds), Engine: P&W CANADA PW306C (6040 Pounds of Thrust) (Turbo-fan)
N-Number: 806MN , Serial Number: 6800199, Year manufactured: 2008, Airworthiness Date: 04/15/2008
Registrant (Corporation): Hepar LLC, 1000 Wynstone Dr, Jefferson, SD 57038
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
|Most common first names in Jefferson, SD among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Jefferson, SD among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Jefferson on our top lists:
- #8 on the list of "Top 100 safest cities (lowest city-data.com crime index)"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #94 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
Total of 19 patent applications in 2008-2015.