|Median resident age:||57.5 years|
|Wyoming median age:||42.3 years|
Zip code: 82310
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $198,035 (it was $94,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 56 (96.6%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (1.7%)
- Two or more races - 1 (1.7%)
|Info on Jeffrey City, Wyoming (41 replies)|
|Riverton or Cody? (32 replies)|
|Sweetwater Agates (7 replies)|
|Hi. Some tourist advice, if you don't mind... (31 replies)|
|Spending 10 days in Wyoming this summer, what to do ? (58 replies)|
|Wyoming Trivia (Renamed) (2689 replies)|
Latest news from Jeffrey City, WY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Dutch (50.0%), German (50.0%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 6320 feet
Land area: 28.5 square miles.Population density: 2.0 people per square mile (very low).
For population 25 years and over in Jeffrey City:
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 10.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jeffrey City CDP:
- Never married: 0.0%
- Now married: 100.0%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 0.0%
- Divorced: 0.0%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2011: $199
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cheyenne, WY (181.6 miles , pop. 53,011).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (233.5 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (661.5 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Sweetwater, WY (3.8 miles ), Bairoil, WY (4.7 miles) , Atlantic City, WY (6.7 miles) , Arapahoe, WY (6.8 miles ), Riverton, WY (6.9 miles ), Hudson, WY (6.9 miles ), Lander, WY (7.2 miles ), Shoshoni, WY (7.3 miles ).
Latitude: 42.49 N, Longitude: 107.83 W
Area code: 307
Average climate in Jeffrey City, Wyoming
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Jeffrey City-area historical earthquake activity is near Wyoming state average. It is 109% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 201.7 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 320.1 miles away from Jeffrey City center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 209.8 miles away from the city center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML) earthquake occurred 240.2 miles away from the city center
On 2/3/1994 at 09:05:04, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.8 ML, Depth: 4.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 160.8 miles away from Jeffrey City center
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML) earthquake occurred 115.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Fremont County (1) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Flood: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jeffrey City:
- Casper College (about 80 miles; Casper, WY; Full-time enrollment: 2,770)
- Western Wyoming Community College (about 96 miles; Rock Springs, WY; FT enrollment: 2,086)
- Wyotech-Laramie (about 141 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 2,765)
- University of Wyoming (about 142 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 10,810)
- Sheridan College (about 164 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- Laramie County Community College (about 185 miles; Cheyenne, WY; FT enrollment: 3,288)
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins (about 195 miles; Fort Collins, CO; FT enrollment: 25,099)
Notable locations in Jeffrey City: Claytor Ranch (A), Jeffrey City Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Kirk Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: O'Brian Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jeffrey City and their reported violations in the past:JEFFREY CITY WATER & SEWER DISTRICT (Population served: 40, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2012, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between OCT-2012 and DEC-2012, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAY-13-2013)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In MAY-2012, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-02-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-02-2012), St Compliance achieved (JUL-10-2012), Fed FAO issued (SEP-19-2012)
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - In MAY-01-2012, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-30-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-30-2012), Fed FAO issued (SEP-19-2012)
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - In OCT-01-2011, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAR-30-2012), St Compliance achieved (JUN-07-2012), Fed FAO issued (SEP-19-2012)
- One routine major monitoring violation
- One minor monitoring violation
- 67 regular monitoring violations
- One other older monitoring violation
|This place:||1.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Jeffrey City compared to Wyoming state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2011
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (50%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (17%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Utility gas (15%)
Religion statistics for Jeffrey City CDP (based on Fremont County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 42.07%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Lutheran Church||United Methodist Church|
|Name||Episcopal Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Assemblies of God||Church of the Nazarene||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Fremont County:||2.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||2.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fremont County:||1.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fremont County:||3.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.08 / 10,000 pop.|
7.13% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($37,337 average adjusted gross income)
0.07% of residents moved from foreign countries ($241 average AGI)
Fremont County: 0.07% Wyoming average: 0.15%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Natrona County, WY||0.49% ($35,955 average AGI)|
|from Sweetwater County, WY||0.27% ($47,500)|
|from Albany County, WY||0.25% ($34,394)|
6.48% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($30,889 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Jeffrey City:
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KUYO (830 AM; daytime; 25 kW; EVANSVILLE, WY; Owner: WYOMING CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOVE (1330 AM; 5 kW; LANDER, WY; Owner: FREMONT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Jeffrey City:
- KTAK (93.9 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: EDWARDS COMMUNICATIONS, LC)
- KTRZ (93.1 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: JIMMY RAY CARROLL)
- KCWC-FM (88.1 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: CENTRAL WYOMING COLLEGE)
- K276DV (103.1 FM; EDEN, WY; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KB7FDD
Grant Date: 05/24/1988, Expiration Date: 05/24/1998, Cancellation Date: 05/25/2000
Registrant: Richard W Abington, 116 Cottonwood Cir Box 656, Jeffrey City, WY 82310
- Call Sign: KC7BNB
Grant Date: 03/29/1994, Expiration Date: 03/29/2004, Cancellation Date: 03/30/2006
Registrant: Jesse L Shull, Box 6, Jeffrey City, WY 82310
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 5
- Hazardous Condition: 1