Jeffrey City, Wyoming
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||57.5 years|
|Wyoming median age:||42.3 years|
Zip code: 82310
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $32,207 (it was $20,061 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $218,391 (it was $94,300 in 2000)
Races in Jeffrey City, WY (2010)
- 5696.6%White alone
- 11.7%American Indian alone
- 11.7%Two or more races
|Info on Jeffrey City, Wyoming (43 replies)|
|Riverton or Cody? (32 replies)|
|Sweetwater Agates (7 replies)|
|Hi. Some tourist advice, if you don't mind... (31 replies)|
|Spending 10 days in Wyoming this summer, what to do ? (58 replies)|
|Wyoming Trivia (Renamed) (2689 replies)|
Latest news from Jeffrey City, WY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (39.6%), German (26.4%), United States (13.2%), Dutch (12.3%), Swiss (7.5%), Norwegian (6.6%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 6320 feet
Land area: 28.5 square miles.
Population density: 2.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Jeffrey City:
- High school or higher: 81.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 0.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 10.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jeffrey City CDP:
- Never married: 7.8%
- Now married: 72.7%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 0.0%
- Divorced: 19.5%
According to our research of Wyoming and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Jeffrey City, Wyoming as of January 19, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Jeffrey City to the number of sex offenders is 58 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Jeffrey City CDP:||1.0% ($900)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cheyenne, WY (181.6 miles , pop. 53,011).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (233.5 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (661.5 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Sweetwater, WY (3.8 miles ), Bairoil, WY (4.7 miles) , Atlantic City, WY (6.7 miles) , Arapahoe, WY (6.8 miles ), Riverton, WY (6.9 miles ), Hudson, WY (6.9 miles ), Lander, WY (7.2 miles ), Shoshoni, WY (7.3 miles ).
Latitude: 42.49 N, Longitude: 107.83 W
Area code: 307
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Jeffrey City, Wyoming
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Jeffrey City-area historical earthquake activity is near Wyoming state average. It is 109% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 201.7 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 320.1 miles away from Jeffrey City center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 209.8 miles away from the city center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML) earthquake occurred 240.2 miles away from the city center
On 2/3/1994 at 09:05:04, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.8 ML, Depth: 4.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 160.8 miles away from Jeffrey City center
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML) earthquake occurred 115.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Fremont County (2) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Landslide: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jeffrey City:
- Casper College (about 80 miles; Casper, WY; Full-time enrollment: 2,770)
- Western Wyoming Community College (about 96 miles; Rock Springs, WY; FT enrollment: 2,086)
- Wyotech-Laramie (about 141 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 2,765)
- University of Wyoming (about 142 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 10,810)
- Sheridan College (about 164 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- Laramie County Community College (about 185 miles; Cheyenne, WY; FT enrollment: 3,288)
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins (about 195 miles; Fort Collins, CO; FT enrollment: 25,099)
Notable locations in Jeffrey City: Claytor Ranch (A), Jeffrey City Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Kirk Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: O'Brian Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
|This place:||1.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Jeffrey City CDP (based on Fremont County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Fremont County:||2.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||2.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fremont County:||1.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fremont County:||3.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.08 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Jeffrey City, WY Residents
6.15% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,415 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Natrona County, WY||0.32% ($40,188 average AGI)|
|from Albany County, WY||0.28% ($30,512)|
|from Carbon County, WY||0.18% ($34,889)|
6.09% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($40,172 average adjusted gross income)
0.07% of residents moved to foreign countries ($525 average AGI)
Fremont County: 0.07% Wyoming average: 0.07%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Jeffrey City:
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KUYO (830 AM; daytime; 25 kW; EVANSVILLE, WY; Owner: WYOMING CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOVE (1330 AM; 5 kW; LANDER, WY; Owner: FREMONT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Jeffrey City:
- KTAK (93.9 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: EDWARDS COMMUNICATIONS, LC)
- KTRZ (93.1 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: JIMMY RAY CARROLL)
- KCWC-FM (88.1 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: CENTRAL WYOMING COLLEGE)
- K276DV (103.1 FM; EDEN, WY; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KB7FDD, Grant Date: 05/24/1988, Expiration Date: 05/24/1998, Cancellation Date: 05/25/2000, Registrant: Richard W Abington, 116 Cottonwood Cir Box 656, Jeffrey City, WY 82310
- Call Sign: KC7BNB, Grant Date: 03/29/1994, Expiration Date: 03/29/2004, Cancellation Date: 03/30/2006, Registrant: Jesse L Shull, Box 6, Jeffrey City, WY 82310
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jeffrey City and their reported violations in the past:JEFFREY CITY WATER & SEWER DISTRICT (Population served: 40, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2012, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between OCT-2012 and DEC-2012, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAY-13-2013)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In MAY-2012, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-02-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-02-2012), St Compliance achieved (JUL-10-2012), Fed FAO issued (SEP-19-2012)
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - In MAY-01-2012, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-30-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-30-2012), Fed FAO issued (SEP-19-2012)
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - In OCT-01-2011, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAR-30-2012), St Compliance achieved (JUN-07-2012), Fed FAO issued (SEP-19-2012)
- One routine major monitoring violation
- One minor monitoring violation
- 67 regular monitoring violations
- One other older monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 5
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (50%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (17%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Utility gas (15%)
Jeffrey City compared to Wyoming state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.