We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.6 years|
|Louisiana median age:||36.5 years|
Zip codes: 71342.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $17,811 (it was $13,761 in 2000)
Jena town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $83,954 (it was $59,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $107,963; Detached houses: $125,886; Mobile homes: $34,014
Median gross rent in 2016: $572.
Races in Jena, LA (2010)
- 2,73280.4%White alone
- 37711.1%Black alone
- 260.8%American Indian alone
- 250.7%Two or more races
- 120.4%Asian alone
|Jindal's Prayer Rally Cost Taxpayers: $10,000+ (15 replies)|
|Advice on 2000 block Jena Street, Uptown (7 replies)|
|Jena, LA info Please (16 replies)|
|Pix of Louisiana (97 replies)|
|this is why people talk bad about Louisiana (109 replies)|
|Relocating to New Orleans. Can you recommend neighborhoods for family with two children under 3? (2 replies)|
Latest news from Jena, LA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (39.7%), French (7.5%), Italian (5.1%), German (3.9%), Irish (3.6%), English (2.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1906
Elevation: 157 feet
Land area: 5.38 square miles.
Population density: 630 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Jena:
- High school or higher: 78.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jena town:
- Never married: 24.7%
- Now married: 53.0%
- Separated: 4.7%
- Widowed: 12.3%
- Divorced: 5.3%
126 residents are foreign born (3.2% Latin America, 0.5% Africa).
According to our research of Louisiana and other state lists there were 26 registered sex offenders living in Jena, Louisiana as of June 24, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Jena to the number of sex offenders is 132 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $227 (0.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $226 (0.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Monroe, LA (56.8 miles , pop. 53,107).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Baton Rouge, LA (103.3 miles , pop. 227,818).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (235.1 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Midway, LA (1.2 miles ), Hester, LA (3.5 miles ), Tullos, LA (3.9 miles ), Urania, LA (3.9 miles ), Olla, LA (4.0 miles ), Georgetown, LA (4.0 miles ), Wallace Ridge, LA (4.2 miles ), Jonesville, LA (4.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $87,200
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $109,000
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $121,800
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $131,000
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $148,500
- 2006: 13 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2008: 4 buildings, average cost: $116,300
- 2009: 3 buildings, average cost: $116,300
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $116,300
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $116,300
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $232,500
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $232,500
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $232,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 31.69 N, Longitude: 92.12 W
Area code: 318
|Crime rates in Jena by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 247.8)||29.9||31.2||40.7||26.7||20.7||11.8||12.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Jena detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.05|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +343 (+13.1%).
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (23%)
- Construction (15%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (13%)
- Health care and social assistance (12%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Retail trade (39%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Educational services (23%)
- Information (8%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Construction (2%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (34%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (12%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (9%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (18%)
- Health technologists and technicians (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (9%)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (8%)
Average climate in Jena, Louisiana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Jena-area historical tornado activity is near Louisiana state average. It is 68% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/3/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 14.6 miles away from the Jena town center killed 9 people and injured 50 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 11/23/2004, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.1 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 20 people and caused $6 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Jena-area historical earthquake activity is above Louisiana state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 290.8 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 291.9 miles away from Jena center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 240.8 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 243.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 289.1 miles away from Jena center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 307.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in La Salle Parish (18) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 14
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 12, Storms: 7, Hurricanes: 5, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Freeze: 1, Heavy Rain: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Mike Francis - Businessman, Zac Henderson - And Caandian football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Jena:
- HICKORY STREET COMMUNITY HOME (705 HICKORY STREET)
- LASALLE GENERAL HOSPITAL (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 187 NINTH ST/HWY 84 WEST)
- LASALLE GEN HOSP HOME HEALTH AGENCY (212 NINTH STREET)
- JENA NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER, LLC (5877 AIMWELL ROAD)
- LASALLE NURSING HOME (139 NINTH STREET)
Airports and heliports located in Jena:
- Jena Airport (1R1) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 5,000, Local Ops: 10,000, Military Ops: 600)
- Lasalle General Hospital Heliport (LA88)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jena:
- Louisiana Delta Community College (about 57 miles; Monroe, LA; Full-time enrollment: 3,168)
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana (about 58 miles; Natchitoches, LA; FT enrollment: 7,700)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe (about 59 miles; Monroe, LA; FT enrollment: 6,764)
- Alcorn State University (about 60 miles; Alcorn State, MS; FT enrollment: 3,479)
- Louisiana Tech University (about 66 miles; Ruston, LA; FT enrollment: 5,874)
- Grambling State University (about 68 miles; Grambling, LA; FT enrollment: 4,885)
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College (about 96 miles; Baton Rouge, LA; FT enrollment: 27,321)
Public high school in Jena:
- JENA HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 425, Location: 243 EAST HIGH SCHOOL DRIVE, Grades: 8-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Jena:
- JENA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 393, Location: 1941 EAST OAK STREET, Grades: PK-2)
- JENA JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 334, Location: 114 E. SOUTHERN AVE., Grades: 6-8)
- GOODPINE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 332, Location: 12642 HWY 84 WEST, Grades: 3-5)
- NEBO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 191, Location: 300 HWY. 777, Grades: PK-8)
Private elementary/middle school in Jena:
Notable location: Jena Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Jena include: Nolley Memorial United Methodist Church (A), Bellevue Baptist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Forsyth Cemetery (1), Renfrow Cemetery (2), Nolley Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: West Prong Hemphill Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Jena: Jena Town Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Lasalle Museum Jena Cultural ER (1606 Front Street).
Hotel: Townsmen Inn (Highway 84 East).
Courts: Lasalle Parish - Clerk Of Court (1050 Coutrhouse), Louisiana State - Court Of Appeals 3rd Circuit Judge- Jimmie C Peters (207 North 1st).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 68.4. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2005 was 30.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.6 miles away from the city center.
(20.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 41.0% for Black residents, 77.8% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Jena in 2010:
- 427 people in federal detention centers
- 79 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 14 people in group homes intended for adults
- 13 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Jena in 2000:
- 244 people in unknown juvenile institutions
- 93 people in nursing homes
- 27 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 6 people in other types of correctional institutions
Banks with branches in Jena (2011 data):
- Bank of Jena: Northside Branch at First And High School Streets, branch established on 1972/10/09; Bank Of Jena at 2349 N 1st St, branch established on 1906/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $72.7 mil, Deposits: $64.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Jbi Financial Corporation
- Sabine State Bank and Trust Company: West Oak Street Branch at 645 West Oak Street, branch established on 1999/05/03. Info updated 2006/09/14: Bank assets: $683.7 mil, Deposits: $592.9 mil, headquarters in Many, LA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 45 total offices, Holding Company: Sabine Bancshares, Inc.
- Catahoula - LaSalle Bank: Jena Branch at 1201 North First Street, branch established on 1992/03/02. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $102.8 mil, Deposits: $91.0 mil, headquarters in Jonesville, LA, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Catahoula Holding Company
- Southern Heritage Bank: Jena Office at 2832 E Oak St., branch established on 1925/03/05. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $273.9 mil, Deposits: $239.0 mil, headquarters in Jonesville, LA, positive income, 9 total offices
- Homeland Federal Savings Bank: Bradford Street Branch at 3491 South First Street, branch established on 2002/05/31. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $145.0 mil, Deposits: $124.0 mil, headquarters in Columbia, LA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Jena town (based on La Salle Parish data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|La Salle Parish:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Louisiana:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|La Salle Parish:||4.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Louisiana:||1.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|La Salle Parish:||5.70 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||1.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|La Salle Parish:||28.6%|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Jena, LA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$4,459||$53,508||5||$3,321|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$2,336||$28,032||2||$620|
|Police Protection - Officers||6||$18,091||$36,182||1||$684|
|Streets and Highways||3||$6,042||$24,168||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||3||$4,747||$18,988||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||3||$1,078|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||2||$4,827||$28,962||1||$972|
|Totals for Government||41||$102,550||$30,015||14||$7,596|
5.04% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,389 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Rapides Parish, LA||0.59% ($27,769 average AGI)|
|from Catahoula Parish, LA||0.48% ($44,571)|
|from Caldwell Parish, LA||0.41% ($30,500)|
5.02% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($41,086 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Jena:
- KWDF (840 AM; daytime; 8 kW; BALL, LA; Owner: BALL BROADCASTING CO.)
- KJMJ (580 AM; 5 kW; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: RADIO MARIA, INC.)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WJNT (1180 AM; 50 kW; PEARL, MS; Owner: BUCHANAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KNOE (540 AM; 5 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KRJO (1680 AM; 10 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: NEW SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KTTP (1110 AM; daytime; 2 kW; PINEVILLE, LA; Owner: PEOPLES BROADCAST NETWORK LLC)
- WWL (870 AM; 50 kW; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Owner: ENTERCOM NEW ORLEANS LICENSE, LLC)
- WOMN (1110 AM; daytime; 30 kW; FRANKLINTON, LA; Owner: PITTMAN BROADCASTING SERVICES, LLC.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLNO (1060 AM; 50 kW; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Owner: COMMUNICOM CO. OF LOUISIANA, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Jena:
- KQID-FM (93.1 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: CENLA B/C CO INC.)
- KJNA-FM (102.7 FM; JENA, LA; Owner: LITTLE RIVER RADIO CO.)
- KLSA (90.7 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: BD OF SUPV OF LA ST U & A&M COLLEGE)
- KNOE-FM (101.9 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KAYT (88.1 FM; JENA, LA; Owner: BLACK MEDIA WORKS, INC.)
- KRRV-FM (100.3 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQNZ (95.1 FM; NATCHEZ, MS; Owner: FIRST NATCHEZ CORPORATION)
- KZMZ (96.9 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTYX (105.1 FM; JONESVILLE, LA; Owner: FIRST NATCHEZ CORPORATION)
- KLAA (103.5 FM; TIOGA, LA; Owner: CAJUN COMMUNICATIONS OF TEXAS, INC.)
- KEDG (106.9 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KHFX (105.5 FM; BALL, LA; Owner: CAJUN COMMUNICATIONS OF TEXAS, INC.)
- KVDP (89.1 FM; DRY PRONG, LA; Owner: DRY PRONG EDUC B/C FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Jena:
- KAQY (Channel 11; COLUMBIA, LA; Owner: MONROE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KALB-TV (Channel 5; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNOE-TV (Channel 8; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KLAX-TV (Channel 31; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: POLLACK/BELZ COMMUNICATIONS CO., INC)
- KLTM-TV (Channel 13; MONROE, LA; Owner: LOUISIANA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
- K60GE (Channel 60; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KLPA-TV (Channel 25; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: LOUISIANA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
- KARD (Channel 14; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: QUORUM OF LOUISIANA LICENSE, LLC)
- K36DS (Channel 36; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: POLLACK/BELZ COMMUNICATION COMPANY, INC.)
- K16DK (Channel 16; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K23DZ (Channel 23; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K38EG (Channel 38; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K55GT (Channel 55; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 19Number of bridges
- 39m128ftTotal length
- $1,502,000Total costs
- 35,559Total average daily traffic
- 4,797Total average daily truck traffic
- 21,335Total future (year 2035) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Jena)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:71 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Jena, LA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:21 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:18 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Jena)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: MILLS WARREN H RV9A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 1943W , Serial Number: 90198
Registrant (Individual): Warren H Mills, 1475 N Willis Blvd, Jena, LA 71342
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 04/16/1983
- Aircraft: ROBERTS GARRICK B ZENITH CH 701 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: AMA/EXPR UNKNOWN ENG (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 701RR , Serial Number: 7-5609, Year manufactured: 2007, Airworthiness Date: 10/20/2007
Registrant (Individual): Reported Sale, 1158 Cypress St, Jena, LA 71342
- Aircraft: HILTON RICKEY SAVANNAH VG (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 912UL (80 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 79721 , Serial Number: 060751508, Year manufactured: 2011, Airworthiness Date: 06/10/2011
Registrant (Individual): Mark T Bowen, Po Box 103, Jena, LA 71342
- Aircraft: BEECH B200 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 11, Weight: 12,500 - 19,999 Pounds), Engine: P&W CANADA PT6A-60A (1050 HP) (Turbo-prop)
N-Number: 800KT , Serial Number: BB-1346, Year manufactured: 1989, Airworthiness Date: 12/11/1989
Registrant (Corporation): Justiss Oil Co, Po Box 2990, Jena, LA 71342
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jena and their reported violations in the past:EAST JENA WATER SYSTEM INC (Population served: 990, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In JAN-01-2004, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-01-2004), St Public Notif requested (FEB-01-2004), St Compliance achieved (SEP-18-2007)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 52
- Hazardous Condition: 5
Incident types - Jena
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (67%)
- Utility gas (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
|Businesses in Jena, LA|
|Circle K||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
Jena compared to Louisiana state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Jena on our top lists:
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in unknown juvenile institutions (population 1,000+)"
- #96 (71342) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"