|Median resident age:||36.1 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip code: 59078
Judith Gap-Shawmut CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $77,722 (it was $51,000 in 2000)
- White alone - 565 (95.8%)
- Two or more races - 10 (1.7%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 5 (0.8%)
- Other race alone - 3 (0.5%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.3%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.3%)
- Hispanic - 2 (0.3%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 613.4 square miles.
|Population density: 0.9 people per square mile||(very low).|
For population 25 years and over in Judith Gap-Shawmut:
- High school or higher: 67.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.4%
- Unemployed: 11.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 11.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Judith Gap-Shawmut CCD:
- Never married: 16.5%
- Now married: 73.1%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 4.6%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Judith Gap-Shawmut CCD:||0.5% ($232)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Billings, MT (71.1 miles , pop. 89,847).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (514.0 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (907.5 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Shawmut, MT (3.5 miles) , Harlowton, MT (3.6 miles ), Judith Gap, MT (3.7 miles) , Ryegate, MT (4.7 miles ), Moore, MT (5.7 miles) , Lavina, MT (5.9 miles ), Martinsdale, MT (5.9 miles) , Hobson, MT (6.0 miles ).
Latitude: 46.51 N, Longitude: 109.59 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (69%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (2%)
- Construction (1%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (29%)
- Accommodation and food services (19%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Public administration (8%)
- U. S. Postal service (5%)
- Private households (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (35%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (19%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Religious workers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (3%)
- Farmers and farm managers (19%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Waiters and waitresses (8%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (8%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Cashiers (6%)
Average climate in Judith Gap-Shawmut, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Judith Gap-Shawmut-area historical earthquake activity is near Montana state average. It is 24% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 144.1 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 265.2 miles away from Judith Gap-Shawmut center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 138.8 miles away from the city center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 162.9 miles away from the city center
On 8/22/1984 at 09:46:30, a magnitude 5.8 (5.0 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 253.3 miles away from Judith Gap-Shawmut center
On 10/28/1983 at 19:51:24, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 261.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wheatland County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Snows: 2, Storms: 2, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Judith Gap-Shawmut:
- Montana State University-Billings (about 72 miles; Billings, MT; Full-time enrollment: 4,319)
- Montana State University (about 92 miles; Bozeman, MT; FT enrollment: 12,942)
- Sheridan College (about 177 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- The University of Montana (about 210 miles; Missoula, MT; FT enrollment: 13,602)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 216 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- Idaho State University (about 289 miles; Pocatello, ID; FT enrollment: 10,350)
- Casper College (about 301 miles; Casper, WY; FT enrollment: 2,770)
Notable locations in Judith Gap-Shawmut: Bercail (A), Ten O'Clock Gate (B), Winnecook Siding (C), Deadmans Basin Fishing Access Site (D), West Evers Saw Mill (E), Oxford (F), Hedgesville (G), Judith Gap (H), Deadmans Basin Campground (I), Nihill Siding (J), Wheatland County Fire Department (K), Judith Gap Volunteer Fire Department (L), Wheatland County Ambulance Judith Gap (M). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Judith Gap-Shawmut include: Blessed Sacrament Mission (A), United Methodist Church (B), Immaculate Conception Mission (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Judith Gap Cemetery (1), Hedges Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Deadmans Basin Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: American Fork (A), Blake Creek (B), Halbert Creek (C), Alkali Creek (D), Simmons Creek (E), Mud Creek (F), Elk Creek (G), Galloway Creek (H), Lebo Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
5 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers in 2010
97 people in agriculture workers' dormitories on farms in 2000
Judith Gap-Shawmut compared to Montana state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (45%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (19%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (15%)
- Electricity (14%)
- Wood (7%)
Religion statistics for Judith Gap-Shawmut CCD (based on Wheatland County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 49.18%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Assemblies of God||Catholic Church||Hutterian Brethren||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wheatland County:||15.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wheatland County:||5.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||20.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
5.74% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200523,682 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
7.79% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200630,246 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Strongest AM radio stations in Judith Gap-Shawmut:
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KURL (730 AM; 5 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: ELENBAAS MEDIA, INC.)
- KGHL (790 AM; 5 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KBUL (970 AM; 5 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KMON (560 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KKGR (680 AM; daytime; 5 kW; EAST HELENA, MT; Owner: KKGR, INC.)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KXLO (1230 AM; 1 kW; LEWISTOWN, MT; Owner: KXLO BROADCAST, INC.)
- KBOZ (1090 AM; 5 kW; BOZEMAN, MT; Owner: REIER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)