Junction City, Ohio
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||31.2 years|
|Ohio median age:||39.3 years|
Zip codes: 43748.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $16,233 (it was $12,074 in 2000)
Junction City village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $74,448 (it was $57,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $70,827; Detached houses: $70,025; Mobile homes: $76,548
Median gross rent in 2015: $577.
Races in Junction City, OH (2010)
- 79396.8%White alone
- 121.5%Two or more races
- 20.2%Black alone
- 20.2%Other race alone
- 10.1%American Indian alone
- 10.1%Asian alone
Latest news from Junction City, OH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (42.6%), English (11.0%), Irish (8.9%), American (5.3%), Scottish (2.8%), Italian (2.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 860 feet
Land area: 0.64 square miles.
Population density: 1,262 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Junction City:
- High school or higher: 86.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.8%
- Unemployed: 7.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Junction City village:
- Never married: 30.9%
- Now married: 46.3%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 5.3%
- Divorced: 14.8%
According to our research of Ohio and other state lists there were 9 registered sex offenders living in Junction City, Ohio as of November 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Junction City to the number of sex offenders is 91 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $930 (1.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $713 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Columbus, OH (41.2 miles , pop. 711,470).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (317.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: New Lexington, OH (2.2 miles ), Somerset, OH (2.4 miles ), Bremen, OH (2.7 miles ), Rushville, OH (2.8 miles ), West Rushville, OH (2.9 miles) , Shawnee, OH (3.1 miles ), Hide-A-Way Hills, OH (3.2 miles ), New Straitsville, OH (3.2 miles ).
Latitude: 39.72 N, Longitude: 82.30 W
Area code: 740
Crime rates in Junction City (2006):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 rapes (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 robberies (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 assaults (0.0 per 100,000)
- 10 burglaries (1,164.1 per 100,000)
- 20 thefts (2,328.3 per 100,000)
- 2 auto thefts (232.8 per 100,000)
- City-data.com crime rate = 193.2 (higher means more crime, US average = 312.1)
Crime rates in Junction City (2009):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 rapes (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 robberies (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 assaults (0.0 per 100,000)
- 10 burglaries (1,186.2 per 100,000)
- 19 thefts (2,253.9 per 100,000)
- 0 auto thefts (0.0 per 100,000)
- City-data.com crime rate = 173.2 (higher means more crime, US average = 279.7)
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.21|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (46%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (12%)
- Construction (10%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (4%)
- Wholesale trade (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (43%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Production occupations (37%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (12%)
- Material moving occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (25%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (16%)
- Healthcare support occupations (16%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Junction City, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Junction City-area historical tornado activity is below Ohio state average. It is 16% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/10/1973, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.8 miles away from the Junction City village center injured 8 people and caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
On 9/3/1970, a category F3 tornado 33.3 miles away from the village center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Junction City-area historical earthquake activity is near Ohio state average. It is 81% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 137.3 miles away from the city center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 157.9 miles away from Junction City center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 143.1 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 138.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 123.3 miles away from Junction City center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 312.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Perry County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 7, Mudslides: 2, Snowstorms: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Winds: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Junction City:
- MOUNT ALOYSIUS CORP (Hospital, about 4 miles away; NEW LEXINGTON, OH)
- NEW LEXINGTON CARE AND REHAB CTR (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; NEW LEXINGTON, OH)
- AUTUMN HEALTHCARE OF SOMERSET (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; SOMERSET, OH)
- SOMERSET QUALITY CARE (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; SOMERSET, OH)
- HEARTLAND OF FAIRFIELD (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; THORNVILLE, OH)
- HEARTLAND-FAIRFIELD NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; PLEASANTVILLE, OH)
- BCS/DOWLER ROAD HOME (Hospital, about 13 miles away; LOGAN, OH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Junction City:
- Hocking College (about 20 miles; Nelsonville, OH; Full-time enrollment: 4,146)
- Zane State College (about 22 miles; Zanesville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,200)
- Ohio State University-Newark Campus (about 26 miles; Newark, OH; FT enrollment: 2,028)
- Central Ohio Technical College (about 26 miles; Newark, OH; FT enrollment: 2,995)
- Denison University (about 27 miles; Granville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,268)
- Ohio University-Main Campus (about 30 miles; Athens, OH; FT enrollment: 26,181)
- Ohio Christian University (about 34 miles; Circleville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,345)
Public elementary/middle school in Junction City:
- JUNCTION CITY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 408, Location: 307 POPLAR STREET, Grades: KG-5)
Notable location: Junction City Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Junction City: New Lebanon Evangelical Lutheran Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: New Lebanon Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Junction City: Junction City Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 63.7. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 29.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 14.2 miles away from the city center.
(36.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 73.7% for two or more races residents)
|This village:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Banks with branches in Junction City (2011 data):
- The Peoples National Bank of New Lexington: Junction City Branch at 106 East Main Street, branch established on 1999/10/13. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $107.6 mil, Deposits: $95.8 mil, headquarters in New Lexington, OH, positive income, Consumer Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Peoples National Bancshares, Inc.
- The First National Bank of McConnelsville: The Junction City Branch at 107 West Main Street, branch established on 1908/10/08. Info updated 2011/01/28: Bank assets: $137.6 mil, Deposits: $118.6 mil, headquarters in Mcconnelsville, OH, positive income, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Fnb Shares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Junction City village (based on Perry County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Perry County:||2.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Perry County:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Perry County:||3.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Junction City, OH Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||13||$4,346|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$450|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$8,600||$103,200||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$4,746||$28,476||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||7||$32,338||$55,437||36||$5,837|
5.31% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,727 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Fairfield County, OH||1.08% ($31,460 average AGI)|
|from Muskingum County, OH||0.86% ($27,046)|
|from Licking County, OH||0.80% ($34,624)|
5.09% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,515 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Junction City:
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLGN (1510 AM; daytime; 1 kW; LOGAN, OH; Owner: ROGER L. HINERMAN d/b/a LOGAN BROADCASTING)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAIS (770 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BUCHTEL, OH; Owner: NELSONVILLE TV CABLE, INC.)
- WOSU (820 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WBNS (1460 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: RADIOHIO, INCORPORATED)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLOH (1320 AM; 1 kW; LANCASTER, OH)
Strongest FM radio stations in Junction City:
- WWJM (106.3 FM; NEW LEXINGTON, OH; Owner: PERRY COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WLRY (88.5 FM; RUSHVILLE, OH; Owner: ARCANGEL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WCVZ (92.7 FM; SOUTH ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: CHRISTIAN VOICE OF CENTRAL OHIO, INC)
- WHOK-FM (95.5 FM; LANCASTER, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WYBZ (107.3 FM; CROOKSVILLE, OH; Owner: Y BRIDGE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJZA (103.5 FM; LANCASTER, OH; Owner: SKYWAY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WHIZ-FM (102.5 FM; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN OHIO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WFCB (93.3 FM; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJAW-FM (100.9 FM; MCCONNELSVILLE, OH; Owner: QUIET RADIO INC. D/B/A WJAW RADIO)
- WLGN-FM (98.3 FM; LOGAN, OH; Owner: ROGER L. HINERMAN d/b/a LOGAN BROADCASTING)
- WSEO (107.7 FM; NELSONVILLE, OH; Owner: NELSONVILLE TV CABLE, INC.)
- W201AK (88.1 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY)
- WOSU-FM (89.7 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WNKO (101.7 FM; NEWARK, OH; Owner: RUNNYMEDE, INC.)
- WCLT-FM (100.3 FM; NEWARK, OH; Owner: WCLT RADIO, INC.)
- WOUB-FM (91.3 FM; ATHENS, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WFCO (90.9 FM; LANCASTER, OH; Owner: LANCASTER ED BROADASTING FOUNDATION)
- WOUZ-FM (90.1 FM; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- W211BT (90.1 FM; ATHENS, OH; Owner: THE CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY)
- WJIC (91.7 FM; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: VCY/AMERICA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Junction City:
- WOUB-TV (Channel 20; ATHENS, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WHIZ-TV (Channel 18; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN OHIO TELEVISION SYSTEM)
- WWHO (Channel 53; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: UPN STATIONS GROUP INC.)
- WSYX (Channel 6; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: WSYX LICENSEE, INC.)
- WOSU-TV (Channel 34; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WTTE (Channel 28; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: COLUMBUS (WTTE-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WBNS-TV (Channel 10; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: WBNS-TV, INC.)
- WSFJ-TV (Channel 51; NEWARK, OH; Owner: GUARDIAN VISION INTERNATIONAL, INC.)
- WCMH-TV (Channel 4; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W16BT (Channel 16; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- 1,900Total average daily traffic
- 209Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,637Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:6
- Call Sign: KB8OWG, Licensee ID: L00652679, Grant Date: 04/03/2013, Expiration Date: 06/08/2023, Certifier: Sally J Wyrick, Registrant: Sally J Wyrick, 111 Iron St, Junction City, OH 43748-0318
- Call Sign: KB8WNN, Licensee ID: L00826006, Grant Date: 11/04/2014, Expiration Date: 01/25/2025, Certifier: Kevin E Neal, Registrant: Kevin E Neal, 2895 Mainesville Rd West, Junction City, OH 43748
- Call Sign: N8RQA, Grant Date: 01/21/1992, Expiration Date: 01/21/2002, Cancellation Date: 01/22/2004, Registrant: Wayne D Bauer, 2885 Mainesville Rd, Junction City, OH 43748
- Call Sign: WA4NIH, Licensee ID: L00423582, Grant Date: 01/05/2002, Expiration Date: 03/24/2012, Cancellation Date: 03/25/2014, Registrant: James C Schneider, 203 W. Poplar, Junction City, OH 43748
- Call Sign: KD8ETJ, Licensee ID: L01221368, Grant Date: 12/07/2006, Expiration Date: 12/07/2016, Certifier: Dustin R Binion, Registrant: Dustin R Binion, 415 E Main St, Junction City, OH 43748
- Call Sign: KD8VUC, Licensee ID: L01656852, Grant Date: 10/30/2013, Expiration Date: 10/30/2023, Certifier: Thomas J Wilson, Registrant: Thomas J Wilson, 1805 Twp Rd 128, Junction City, OH 43748
Drinking water stations with addresses in Junction City and their reported violations in the past:SCIOTO YOUTH CAMP (Population served: 120, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUN-2014, Contaminant: Coliform
- MCL, Acute (TCR) - Between APR-2014 and JUN-2014, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Boil Water Order (JUN-26-2014), St Public Notif requested (JUN-30-2014), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-30-2014)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 26
- Hazardous Condition: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Junction City
|Most common first names in Junction City, OH among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Junction City, OH among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (72%)
- Electricity (25%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
Junction City compared to Ohio state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.