Kenbridge: Gospel Baptist Tabernacle -1031 Main St - Kenridge, VA
Kenbridge: Kenbridge Community Center
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||43.2 years|
|Virginia median age:||37.6 years|
Zip codes: 23944.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $16,102 (it was $15,386 in 2000)
Kenbridge town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $90,691 (it was $57,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $150,870; Detached houses: $174,239; Townhouses or other attached units: $65,945; Mobile homes: $42,756
Median gross rent in 2013: $737.
Races in Kenbridge, VA (2010)
- 64651.4%White alone
- 47037.4%Black alone
- 121.0%Two or more races
- 60.5%American Indian alone
- 20.2%Asian alone
- 10.08%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Higher-educated people are more likely to have a second job Jun 23
- Who wants to legalize marijuana in the United States? Jun 21
- From rich to super-rich: do you pay lower taxes? Jun 19
- Well-educated parents are more likely to stay together Jun 17
- Leisure time: do Americans spend it differently this decade? Jun 15
|Retire to...South Boston? Kenbridge? Lynchburg? Clarksville ? (48 replies)|
|Where in Virginia is quaint? (43 replies)|
|Southside Virginia (12 replies)|
Latest news from Kenbridge, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (10.9%), United States (9.0%), German (7.5%), Subsaharan African (5.0%), Irish (4.8%), Scottish (3.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1908
Elevation: 480 feet
Land area: 2.04 square miles.
Population density: 609 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Kenbridge:
- High school or higher: 70.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.1%
- Unemployed: 4.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kenbridge town:
- Never married: 33.0%
- Now married: 47.7%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 8.1%
73 residents are foreign born (4.1% Latin America, 0.9% Africa).
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 9 registered sex offenders living in Kenbridge, Virginia as of June 24, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Kenbridge to the number of sex offenders is 137 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $737 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $607 (0.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Richmond, VA (54.1 miles , pop. 197,790).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Raleigh, NC (84.2 miles , pop. 276,093).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (264.8 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Victoria, VA (2.4 miles ), Lunenburg, VA (2.8 miles) , Blackstone, VA (3.2 miles ), Nottoway Court House, VA (3.5 miles) , Crewe, VA (3.9 miles ), Alberta, VA (3.9 miles ), Burkeville, VA (4.0 miles ), South Hill, VA (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 36.96 N, Longitude: 78.13 W
Area code: 434
|Crime rates in Kenbridge by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 291.8)||71.8||170.2||116.4||189.3||187.5||152.8||601.1||188.1||230.1||128.5||29.6||257.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Kenbridge detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.26|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Retail trade (23%)
- Public administration (13%)
- Construction (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Community and social service occupations (16%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
Average climate in Kenbridge, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Kenbridge-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Virginia state average. It is 26% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/22/1983, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.9 miles away from the Kenbridge town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 8/6/1993, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 41.8 miles away from the town center killed 4 people and injured 246 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Kenbridge-area historical earthquake activity is near Virginia state average. It is 85% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 44.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/21/1998 at 05:56:47, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.3 LG, Depth: 8.3 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 31.8 miles away from Kenbridge center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 54.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/15/1991 at 06:54:08, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 10.9 mi) earthquake occurred 55.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 330.1 miles away from Kenbridge center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 335.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Lunenburg County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 4, Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Droughts: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Tropical Depression: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Henry H. Chambers - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers near Kenbridge:
- HERITAGE HALL BLACKSTONE (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; BLACKSTONE, VA)
- COMMUNITY MEMORIAL HEALTHCENTER, INC Acute Care Hospitals (about 16 miles away; SOUTH HILL, VA)
- COMMUNITY MEM HOSP (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; SOUTH HILL, VA)
- LIBERTY DIALYSIS - SOUTH HILL (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; SOUTH HILL, VA)
- CMH HOME HEALTH COMMUN HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; SOUTH HILL, VA)
airports located in Kenbridge:
- Lunenburg County Airport (W31) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 80, Local Ops: 350)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kenbridge:
- Southside Virginia Community College (about 15 miles; Alberta, VA; Full-time enrollment: 3,716)
- Longwood University (about 28 miles; Farmville, VA; FT enrollment: 4,565)
- Virginia State University (about 44 miles; Petersburg, VA; FT enrollment: 5,815)
- John Tyler Community College (about 48 miles; Chester, VA; FT enrollment: 5,864)
- Vance-Granville Community College (about 49 miles; Henderson, NC; FT enrollment: 3,232)
- University of Richmond (about 54 miles; University of Richmond, VA; FT enrollment: 3,745)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (about 55 miles; Richmond, VA; FT enrollment: 26,647)
Public elementary/middle school in Kenbridge:
- KENBRIDGE ELEM (Students: 364, Location: 215 NOTTOWAY FALLS RD, Grades: PK-5)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Gospel Baptist Tabernacle Kenbridge, Va 23944 (434) 676 3694 email: gospelbaptisttabernacle at earthlink.net website: http://home.earthlink.net/~gospelbaptisttabernacle/ Services: Sunday Morning 10:00 Sunday Night 6:30 Wednesday Night 7:30 Our church is not listed and if possible we'd like to be included in the Kenbridge, VA city data webpage. THanks!
Notable locations in Kenbridge: Lunenburg Country Club (A), Kenbridge Emergency Squad (B), Kenbridge Police Department (C), Kenbridge Fire Department (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Kenbridge: BENCHMARK BANKSHARES INC (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Kenbridge include: Kenbridge Baptist Church (A), Kenbridge United Methodist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Kenbridge Heights Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
(12.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 37.6% for Black residents, 68.2% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 89.4% for other race residents, 37.8% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
50 people in unknown juvenile institutions in 2000
18 people in homes for the physically handicapped in 2000
Banks with branches in Kenbridge (2011 data):
- Benchmark Community Bank: at 100 South Broad Street, branch established on 1971/09/08; Drive-Up Facility at Fifth Avenue And Commerce Street, branch established on 1984/11/26. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $416.1 mil, Deposits: $370.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Benchmark Bankshares, Inc.
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Kenbridge Main Branch at 204 South Broad Street, branch established on 1966/07/11. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Kenbridge town (based on Lunenburg County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Lunenburg County:||3.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lunenburg County:||4.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Kenbridge, VA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$7,960||$47,760||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||7||$19,724||$33,813||0||$0|
|Police - Other||0||$0||2||$2,514|
|Solid Waste Management||4||$7,559||$22,677||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$5,797||$34,782||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||20||$53,372||$32,023||2||$2,514|
Kenbridge government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $18,000 ($14.50)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $285,000 ($229.65)
Financial Administration: $152,000 ($122.48)
Water Utilities: $143,000 ($115.23)
Sewerage: $125,000 ($100.73)
Solid Waste Management: $56,000 ($45.12)
Fire Protection: $27,000 ($21.76)
Parks & Recreation: $16,000 ($12.89)
- General - Interest on Debt: $33,000 ($26.59)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Solid Waste Management: $18,000 ($14.50)
General: $2,000 ($1.61)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $434,000 ($349.72)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $3,000 ($2.42)
Kenbridge government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $149,000 ($120.06)
All Other: $98,000 ($78.97)
- Federal Intergovernmental - General Support: $38,000 ($30.62)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $45,000 ($36.26)
Interest Earnings: $28,000 ($22.56)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $158,000 ($127.32)
- State Intergovernmental - Water Utilities: $60,000 ($48.35)
General Support: $45,000 ($36.26)
- Tax - Property: $261,000 ($210.31)
Public Utilities: $80,000 ($64.46)
Other Selective Sales: $78,000 ($62.85)
NEC: $47,000 ($37.87)
Motor Vehicle License: $21,000 ($16.92)
Total General Sales: $19,000 ($15.31)
Kenbridge government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Industrial Revenue: $126,000 ($101.53)
Water Utilities: $58,000 ($46.74)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $403,000 ($324.74)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $543,000 ($437.55)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $918,000 ($739.73)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $63,000 ($50.77)
Water Utilities: $41,000 ($33.04)
- Long Term Debt Retired Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $63,000 ($50.77)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $28,000 ($22.56)
Water Utilities: $17,000 ($13.70)
Kenbridge government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $956,000 ($770.35)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $98,000 ($78.97)
5.26% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,094 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Mecklenburg County, VA||0.84% ($22,176 average AGI)|
|from Nottoway County, VA||0.82% ($22,182)|
|from Prince Edward County, VA||0.32% ($15,462)|
4.84% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,574 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Kenbridge:
- WKLV (1440 AM; 5 kW; BLACKSTONE, VA; Owner: DENBAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSVS (800 AM; 5 kW; CREWE, VA; Owner: COLONIAL BROADCASTING OF CREWE, INC.)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSHV (1370 AM; daytime; 4 kW; SOUTH HILL, VA; Owner: OLD BELT BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFTK (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; WAKE FOREST, NC; Owner: POSITIVE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WDZY (1290 AM; 25 kW; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WRJR (670 AM; 20 kW; CLAREMONT, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE-PORTSMOUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCKO (1110 AM; daytime; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WGGM (820 AM; 10 kW; CHESTER, VA; Owner: HOFFMAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTRU (830 AM; 50 kW; KERNERSVILLE, NC; Owner: TRUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kenbridge:
- WKJS (104.7 FM; CREWE, VA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WPEX (90.9 FM; KENBRIDGE, VA; Owner: SEAVIEW COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WBBC-FM (93.5 FM; BLACKSTONE, VA; Owner: DENBAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSMY-FM (103.1 FM; ALBERTA, VA; Owner: MAINQUAD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFXQ (99.9 FM; CHASE CITY, VA; Owner: JOYNER RADIO, INC.)
- WKSK-FM (98.9 FM; SOUTH HILL, VA; Owner: OLD BELT BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBTJ (106.5 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WFLO-FM (95.7 FM; FARMVILLE, VA; Owner: COLONIAL BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Kenbridge:
- WWAY (Channel 3; WILMINGTON, NC; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WCVE-TV (Channel 23; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRLH-TV (Channel 35; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: WRLH LICENSEE, LLC)
- WERI-LP (Channel 39; KEYSVILLE, VA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:24 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Kenbridge)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Kenbridge, VA)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1
- Lunenburg County Airport (Lat: 36.960139 Lon: -78.185000), Type: Building, Overall height: 3 m, Call Sign: WBR4, Licensee ID: L00001759
Assigned Frequencies: 122.700 MHzGrant Date: 06/22/2000, Expiration Date: 07/17/2005, Cancellation Date: 01/07/2006Registrant: Virginia, Commonwealth Of, 5702 Gulfstream Rd, Richmond, VA 23250-2422
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:6
- Call Sign: KO4FR, Previous Call Sign: KD4AQO, Licensee ID: L00195795, Grant Date: 08/30/2011, Expiration Date: 11/26/2021, Certifier: Robert W Strohmeyer, Registrant: Robert W Strohmeyer, 1413 Oakes Rd, Kenbridge, VA 23944-3528
- Call Sign: N4KDG, Licensee ID: L01054916, Grant Date: 10/14/2015, Expiration Date: 10/14/2025, Registrant: William H Gary, 718 Broad St, Kenbridge, VA 23944
- Call Sign: WB2ICM, Licensee ID: L01166820, Grant Date: 06/26/2006, Expiration Date: 09/19/2016, Certifier: Gail E Witty, Registrant: Gail E Witty, 1019 South Broad Street, Kenbridge, VA 23944
- Call Sign: KI4KDK, Licensee ID: L01015533, Grant Date: 05/10/2005, Expiration Date: 05/10/2015, Certifier: Iris E Rich, Registrant: Iris E Rich, 7247 Southhill Rd, Kenbridge, VA 23944
- Call Sign: KI4KDL, Licensee ID: L01015534, Grant Date: 05/10/2005, Expiration Date: 05/10/2015, Certifier: Walter E Rich, Registrant: Walter E Rich, 7247 South Hill Rd, Kenbridge, VA 23944
- Call Sign: KI4KDN, Licensee ID: L01015536, Grant Date: 05/10/2005, Expiration Date: 05/10/2015, Certifier: John G Spease, Registrant: John G Spease, 7247 South Hill Rd, Kenbridge, VA 23944
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: CESSNA 180 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 121 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3167D , Serial Number: 31965, Year manufactured: 1955, Airworthiness Date: 08/02/1955
Registrant (Individual): Stephen A Ortlip, Po Box 562, Kenbridge, VA 23944
- Aircraft: ALON A2 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 93 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C90 SERIES (95 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6506Q , Serial Number: A-106, Year manufactured: 1966, Airworthiness Date: 02/10/1966
Registrant (Individual): Earle S Jr Hogan, 672 Brickland Rd, Kenbridge, VA 23944
- Aircraft: CESSNA 175 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR GO-300 SERIES (175 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 7233M , Serial Number: 55533, Year manufactured: 1958, Airworthiness Date: 07/10/1958
Registrant (Partnership): Alpod, 4233 Sugar Hill Rd, Kenbridge, VA 23944, Other Owners: Wayne Jeffrey Parrish, W Jeffrey Ii Parrish
Drinking water stations with addresses in Kenbridge and their reported violations in the past:KENBRIDGE, TOWN OF (Population served: 1,400, Surface water):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2008 and JUN-2008, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-11-2008), St Formal NOV issued (AUG-11-2008), St Public Notif received (AUG-19-2008), St Compliance achieved (FEB-07-2009)
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2007 and DEC-2007, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (JAN-25-2008), St Public Notif requested (JAN-25-2008), St Compliance achieved (JAN-25-2008), St Public Notif received (FEB-11-2008)
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2006 and DEC-2006, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (FEB-27-2006), St Formal NOV issued (JAN-30-2007), St Compliance achieved (JAN-30-2007), St Public Notif requested (JAN-30-2007)
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2006 and SEP-2006, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (OCT-23-2006), St Formal NOV issued (OCT-23-2006), St Public Notif requested (OCT-23-2006), St Public Notif received (NOV-14-2006)
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2006 and JUN-2006, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (OCT-23-2006), St Formal NOV issued (OCT-23-2006), St Public Notif requested (OCT-23-2006), St Public Notif received (NOV-14-2006)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 44
- Hazardous Condition: 9
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 5
Incident types - Kenbridge
|Most common first names in Kenbridge, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Kenbridge, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (43%)
- Electricity (30%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (19%)
- Wood (5%)
- Utility gas (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Kenbridge, VA|
Kenbridge compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Kenbridge on our top lists:
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the physically handicapped (population 1,000+)"
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in unknown juvenile institutions (population 1,000+)"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Ethiopia (population 500+)"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2016.