|Median resident age:||40.1 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 75847
Kennard-Ratcliff CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $58,110 (it was $40,500 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,107 (73.4%)
- Black alone - 363 (24.1%)
- Hispanic - 23 (1.5%)
- Two or more races - 12 (0.8%)
- Asian alone - 3 (0.2%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.07%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 178.5 square miles.
Population density: 8.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Kennard-Ratcliff:
- High school or higher: 76.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.4%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 33.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kennard-Ratcliff CCD:
- Never married: 20.6%
- Now married: 60.1%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 11.2%
- Divorced: 8.2%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Kennard-Ratcliff CCD:||1.1% ($465)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Tyler, TX (68.2 miles , pop. 83,650).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Southeast Montgomery, TX (79.5 miles , pop. 208,076).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (111.0 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Kennard, TX (1.4 miles ), Wells, TX (4.0 miles ), Apple Springs, TX (4.2 miles ), Pollok, TX (4.3 miles ), Crockett, TX (4.3 miles ), Latexo, TX (4.4 miles ), Groveton, TX (4.6 miles ), Alto, TX (4.6 miles ).
Latitude: 31.36 N, Longitude: 95.15 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 936
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (19%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (18%)
- Construction (12%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Metal and metal products (8%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (4%)
- Health care (23%)
- Educational services (19%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Food and beverage stores (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- U. S. Postal service (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (10%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
Average climate in Kennard-Ratcliff, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Kennard-Ratcliff-area historical tornado activity is near Texas state average. It is 42% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/19/1990, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.3 miles away from the Kennard-Ratcliff place center injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/20/1974, a category F3 tornado 19.7 miles away from the place center .
Earthquake activity:Kennard-Ratcliff-area historical earthquake activity is below Texas state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 348.2 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 240.3 miles away from Kennard-Ratcliff center
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 384.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 314.0 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 316.5 miles away from Kennard-Ratcliff center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 250.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Houston County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 5, Fires: 4, Hurricanes: 4, Tornadoes: 2, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kennard-Ratcliff:
- Angelina College (about 26 miles; Lufkin, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,478)
- Stephen F Austin State University (about 38 miles; Nacogdoches, TX; FT enrollment: 11,542)
- Sam Houston State University (about 50 miles; Huntsville, TX; FT enrollment: 16,233)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (about 67 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 5,774)
- Tyler Junior College (about 69 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 8,104)
- Trinity Valley Community College (about 72 miles; Athens, TX; FT enrollment: 5,333)
- Kilgore College (about 73 miles; Kilgore, TX; FT enrollment: 3,127)
Notable locations in Kennard-Ratcliff: Ratcliff Lake Recreation Site (A), Malibu Club (B), John T Collier Syrup and Grist Mill (C), Kennard / Ratcliff Volunteer Fire Department (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Kennard-Ratcliff include: Tadmor Church (A), Pentecostal Church (B), Ratcliff Baptist Church (C), Pine Spring Church (D), Piney Creek Church (E), Plain Church (F), Bethel Church (G), Fairview Church (H), Ivie Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Ivy Cemetery (1), Enon Cemetery (2), Antioch Cemetery (3), Kennard Community Cemetery (4), Mexican Prisoners Grave (5), Walker Cemetery (6), Creasy Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Blue Lake (A), Cook Lake (B), Ratcliff Lake (C), Malibu Club Lake (D), Westbrook Lake (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Brice Spring Branch (A), Wallace Creek (B), Wood Spring Branch (C), Tanyard Branch (D), South Fork Cochino Bayou (E), Smith Branch (F), North Fork Cochino Bayou (G), Lee Creek (H), Kilgore Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Kennard-Ratcliff include: Thomas Jefferson Payne Home (1), Antioch Premitive Baptist Church Historical Marker (2), Colthorp Historical Marker (3), Rosenwald School Historical Marker (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Kennard-Ratcliff compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (45%)
- Electricity (44%)
- Wood (9%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Kennard-Ratcliff CCD (based on Houston County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 52.48%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Baptist Missionary Association of America||Churches of Christ||Catholic Church|
|Name||American Baptist Association||Assemblies of God||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Houston County:||1.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Houston County:||1.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Houston County:||4.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
6.24% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,080 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Harris County, TX||0.81% ($34,283 average AGI)|
|from Anderson County, TX||0.67% ($26,523)|
|from Walker County, TX||0.33% ($31,455)|
6.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,368 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Kennard-Ratcliff:
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KIVY (1290 AM; 3 kW; CROCKETT, TX; Owner: LEON HUNT)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KSML (1260 AM; 5 kW; DIBOLL, TX; Owner: KASA FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSEV (700 AM; 15 kW; TOMBALL, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KJOJ (880 AM; 10 kW; CONROE, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KTBB (600 AM; 5 kW; TYLER, TX; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOFY (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GILMER, TX; Owner: JERRY RUSSELL D/B/A THE RUSSELL COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kennard-Ratcliff:
- KAFX-FM (95.5 FM; DIBOLL, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KJCS (103.3 FM; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: RADIO LICENSING, INC.)
- KYKS (105.1 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KUEZ (100.1 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: KASA FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KIVY-FM (92.7 FM; CROCKETT, TX; Owner: LEON HUNT)
- KLSN (96.3 FM; HUDSON, TX; Owner: LONE STAR NETWOK)
- KLDN (88.9 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS LA. STATE UNIV.)
- KSWP (90.9 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: LUFKIN EDUCATIONAL B/CNG FOUNDATION)
- KAVX (91.9 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: LUFKIN ED BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KTHT (97.1 FM; CLEVELAND, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KOOI (106.5 FM; JACKSONVILLE, TX; Owner: WALLER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBJS (90.3 FM; JACKSONVILLE, TX; Owner: EAST TEXAS MEDIA ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- KTYL-FM (93.1 FM; TYLER, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KYBI (101.9 FM; HUNTINGTON, TX; Owner: VERNA R. PHILLIPS)
- KVLL-FM (94.7 FM; WELLS, TX; Owner: RADIO WOODVILLE, INC.)
- KWRW (97.7 FM; RUSK, TX; Owner: E. H. WHITEHEAD)
TV broadcast stations around Kennard-Ratcliff:
- KLSB-TV (Channel 19; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: KLSB ACQUISITION CORP.)
- KTRE (Channel 9; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: CIVCO, INC.)
- KFXL-LP (Channel 58; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: WARWICK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KTWC-LP (Channel 12; CROCKETT, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KIVY-LP (Channel 16; CROCKETT, TX; Owner: JIM GIBBS)
- KETK-TV (Channel 56; JACKSONVILLE, TX; Owner: KETK LICENSEE L.P.)
- KLUF-LP (Channel 5; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KIBN-LP (Channel 11; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KLNM-LP (Channel 42; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: MILLENIUM COMMUNICATIONS)
- KHTM-LP (Channel 13; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)