We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||39.7 years|
|Missouri median age:||38.4 years|
Zip codes: 63857.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $20,087 (it was $14,397 in 2000)
Kennett city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $97,501 (it was $62,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $126,038; Detached houses: $127,620; Townhouses or other attached units: $52,193; Mobile homes: $74,100
Median gross rent in 2015: $494.
Races in Kennett, MO (2015)
- 8,64180.4%White alone
- 1,35612.6%Black alone
- 2292.1%Two or more races
- 690.6%American Indian alone
- 120.1%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
|Interesting Missouri facts. (749 replies)|
|Is Kansas City a Western city? (257 replies)|
|Missouri Outlaw History (530 replies)|
|Rate these cities in missouri from MOST southern feeling to least southern feeling (116 replies)|
|Where in Missouri does the South begin? (490 replies)|
|Kennett MO-Kennett Country Club Arson info. sought (0 replies)|
Latest news from Kennett, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (27.5%), German (6.7%), Irish (6.6%), English (6.3%), Italian (1.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1873
Elevation: 267 feet
Land area: 6.66 square miles.
Population density: 1,622 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Kennett:
- High school or higher: 72.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.5%
- Unemployed: 6.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kennett city:
- Never married: 25.8%
- Now married: 46.5%
- Separated: 4.5%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 16.3%
170 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 68 registered sex offenders living in Kennett, Missouri as of April 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Kennett to the number of sex offenders is 160 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $821 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $775 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jonesboro, AR (45.8 miles , pop. 55,515).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Memphis, TN (77.6 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (407.9 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Nimmons, AR (2.3 miles) , Bragg City, MO (2.8 miles) , Senath, MO (3.1 miles ), Rives, MO (3.2 miles) , Holcomb, MO (3.4 miles ), Greenway, AR (3.4 miles ), Piggott, AR (3.6 miles ), Pascola, MO (3.6 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 24 buildings, average cost: $89,900
- 1998: 22 buildings, average cost: $126,500
- 1999: 19 buildings, average cost: $117,700
- 2000: 23 buildings, average cost: $126,900
- 2001: 20 buildings, average cost: $116,200
- 2002: 16 buildings, average cost: $111,400
- 2003: 18 buildings, average cost: $145,600
- 2004: 19 buildings, average cost: $145,600
- 2006: 12 buildings, average cost: $127,600
- 2007: 16 buildings, average cost: $121,900
- 2008: 9 buildings, average cost: $104,400
- 2009: 3 buildings, average cost: $162,700
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $162,700
- 2011: 14 buildings, average cost: $147,700
- 2012: 20 buildings, average cost: $20,000
- 2013: 14 buildings, average cost: $183,300
- 2014: 14 buildings, average cost: $183,300
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 36.24 N, Longitude: 90.05 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,125 (+10.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,657 (66.9%)
Area code: 573
Property values in Kennett, MO
|Crime rates in Kennett by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||239.0||285.2||362.2||368.0||492.2||425.5||362.5||431.7||378.5||397.4||362.8||351.2||410.8||664.9||556.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Kennett detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.14|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +183 (+1.7%).
- Manufacturing (31%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (36%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Production occupations (27%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Healthcare support occupations (11%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Community and social service occupations (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (6%)
Average climate in Kennett, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Kennett-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Missouri state average. It is 104% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/21/1952, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.3 miles away from the Kennett city center killed 17 people and injured 100 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 1/21/1999, a category F4 tornado 20.0 miles away from the city center caused $1 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Kennett-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Missouri state average. It is 72% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 25.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 44.3 miles away from Kennett center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 70.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 22.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 194.0 miles away from Kennett center
On 9/29/1987 at 00:04:56, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 67.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Dunklin County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Tornadoes: 8, Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Winter Storms: 4, Winds: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Sheryl Crow - (born 1962), musician, Glennray Tutor - Artist, Gib Singleton - Sculptor, Dan Landrum - Busker, Jeff Stone (baseball) - Baseball player, William Howard Billings - Judge.
Hospitals and medical centers in Kennett:
- LEGACY HOSPICE, INC (607 BILLINGTON)
- TWIN RIVERS REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Voluntary non-profit - Private, 1301 FIRST ST)
- HERITAGE NURSING CENTER (1802 ST FRANCIS, P O BOX 827)
- HERITAGE NURSING CENTER-SKILLED NURS BY AMERICARE (1802 ST FRANCIS, PO BOX 827)
- NHC HEALTHCARE, KENNETT (1120 FALCON, PO BOX 696)
- HOPE AGAIN DIALYSIS CENTER (1207 STATE RTE V V)
- RENAL CARE GROUP - KENNETT (715 TEACO RD)
- VISITING NURSE ASSN OF SOUTHEAST MISSOURI INC (PO BOX 768)
Airports and heliports located in Kennett:
- Kennett Memorial Airport (TKX) (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 400, Itinerant Ops: 12,000, Local Ops: 4,500, Military Ops: 50)
- Twin Rivers Regional Medical Center Heliport (MU53)
College/University in Kennett:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kennett:
- Dyersburg State Community College (about 40 miles; Dyersburg, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,211)
- Three Rivers Community College (about 43 miles; Poplar Bluff, MO; FT enrollment: 3,360)
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus (about 45 miles; Jonesboro, AR; FT enrollment: 12,323)
- The University of Tennessee-Martin (about 67 miles; Martin, TN; FT enrollment: 7,013)
- Rhodes College (about 76 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 2,052)
- Southwest Tennessee Community College (about 77 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 8,043)
- Union University (about 78 miles; Jackson, TN; FT enrollment: 4,051)
Public high schools in Kennett:
Private high school in Kennett:
Public elementary/middle schools in Kennett:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- home of trent tomilson country singer
- Southeast Missouri State University has a Extension Campus in Kennett as does Three Rivers Community College.
Notable locations in Kennett: Kennett Volunteer Fire Department Station 1 (A), Kennett Volunteer Fire Department Station 3 (B), Kennett Volunteer Fire Department Station 2 (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Gregory Cemetery (1), Marsh Cemetery (2), Oak Ridge Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Snipe Slough (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Dunklin County Museum (122 College Avenue).
Hotels: 84 West Motel (1433 Saint Francis Street), Days Inn (110 Independence Avenue), Budget Inn (South By Passage), Greer's Motel (1608 Independence Avenue).
Courts: Kennett City - Municipal Court (200 Cedar Street), 35th Circuit Drug Court (103 South Main).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 71.0. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 14.8. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 23.0 miles away from the city center.
(28.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 33.3% for Black residents, 73.8% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 24.3% for other race residents, 18.9% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Kennett in 2010:
- 219 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 104 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 16 people in residential treatment centers for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 14 people in group homes intended for adults
- 12 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 8 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 6 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
People in group quarters in Kennett in 2000:
- 237 people in nursing homes
- 69 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 38 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 14 people in unknown juvenile institutions
- 8 people in other types of correctional institutions
Banks with branches in Kennett (2011 data):
- Senath State Bank: Kennett Branch at 1112 First Street, branch established on 1998/09/19. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $66.0 mil, Deposits: $56.5 mil, headquarters in Senath, MO, positive income, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Senath Bancshares, Inc.
- UNICO Bank: Kennett Branch at 1115 Independence Avenue, branch established on 1990/06/22. Info updated 2010/08/16: Bank assets: $229.8 mil, Deposits: $201.8 mil, headquarters in Mineral Point, MO, positive income, 11 total offices, Holding Company: Washco Bancshares, Inc.
- Kennett National Bank: at 805 First Street, branch established on 1963/09/07. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $118.3 mil, Deposits: $101.8 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 1 total offices, Holding Company: Kennett Bancshares, Inc.
- First National Bank: Kennett Branch at 500 Independence, branch established on 2002/04/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $186.0 mil, Deposits: $167.5 mil, headquarters in Malden, MO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: First Malden Bancshares, Inc.
- Southern Bank: Kenneth Downtown Branch at 301 First Street, branch established on 1962/01/01. Info updated 2010/12/20: Bank assets: $773.3 mil, Deposits: $630.2 mil, headquarters in Poplar Bluff, MO, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: Southern Missouri Bancorp, Inc.
- Bank of America, National Association: Kennett Branch at 114 Independence Avenue, branch established on 2001/07/02. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Kennett city (based on Dunklin County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Dunklin County:||5.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dunklin County:||0.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||0.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dunklin County:||7.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Kennett, MO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$10,749||$32,247||12||$2,084|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$2,686||$32,232||2||$1,737|
|Police Protection - Officers||26||$81,074||$37,419||5||$2,081|
|Streets and Highways||9||$22,173||$29,564||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||3||$7,988||$31,952||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||30||$104,959||$41,984||3||$1,765|
|Totals for Government||120||$409,314||$40,931||24||$8,652|
Kennett government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $1,178,000 ($109.11)
Local Fire Protection: $591,000 ($54.74)
Regular Highways: $365,000 ($33.81)
Central Staff Services: $310,000 ($28.71)
Parks and Recreation: $236,000 ($21.86)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $81,000 ($7.50)
Health - Other: $78,000 ($7.22)
Judicial and Legal Services: $63,000 ($5.84)
General - Other: $60,000 ($5.56)
Air Transportation: $51,000 ($4.72)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $1,632,000 ($151.17)
Kennett government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $283,000 ($26.21)
Parks and Recreation: $31,000 ($2.87)
- Miscellaneous - Fines and Forfeits: $90,000 ($8.34)
Interest Earnings: $10,000 ($0.93)
Donations From Private Sources: $6,000 ($0.56)
General Revenue, NEC: $1,000 ($0.09)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $648,000 ($60.02)
Highways: $462,000 ($42.79)
General Local Government Support: $3,000 ($0.28)
- Tax - General Sales and Gross Receipts: $1,601,000 ($148.30)
Property: $721,000 ($66.78)
Public Utility License: $206,000 ($19.08)
Tobacco Products Sales: $114,000 ($10.56)
Occupation and Business License, NEC: $65,000 ($6.02)
Other Selective Sales: $49,000 ($4.54)
Motor Vehicle License: $28,000 ($2.59)
Other License: $20,000 ($1.85)
Kennett government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $1,990,000 ($184.33)
Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $1,857,000 ($172.01)
Retired Nonguaranteed - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $133,000 ($12.32)
Kennett government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $1,466,000 ($135.79)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $1,857,000 ($172.01)
6.29% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($23,799 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Pemiscot County, MO||0.77% ($24,987 average AGI)|
|from New Madrid County, MO||0.64% ($22,688)|
|from Mississippi County, AR||0.39% ($23,769)|
6.30% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,115 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Kennett:
- KOTC (830 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KBOA (1540 AM; 1 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- KLCN (910 AM; 5 kW; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- KWOC (930 AM; 5 kW; POPLAR BLUFF, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KWAM (990 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kennett:
- WJZN (98.9 FM; MUNFORD, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS III LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBOA-FM (105.5 FM; PIGGOTT, AR; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KXOQ (104.3 FM; KENNETT, MO; Owner: P.M. BROADCASTING, INC)
- KAUF (89.9 FM; KENNETT, MO; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KLSC (92.9 FM; MALDEN, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC.)
- KIYS (101.9 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: ,CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTMO (106.5 FM; NEW MADRID, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KFEB (107.5 FM; CAMPBELL, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KAMJ (93.9 FM; GOSNELL, AR; Owner: PHOENIX BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- KCRV-FM (105.1 FM; CARUTHERSVILLE, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KHLS (96.3 FM; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
- K201DK (88.1 FM; PIGGOTT, AR; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY RADIO)
- WKNQ (90.7 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: MID-SOUTH PUBLIC COMMS. FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Kennett:
- KAIT (Channel 8; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- K46EM (Channel 46; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K62DA (Channel 62; MALDEN, MO; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 10m33ftTotal length
- $587,000Total costs
- 34,201Total average daily traffic
- 5,362Total average daily truck traffic
- 55,384Total future (year 2035) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 107 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Kennett, MO)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 52 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Kennett)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 22 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Kennett)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Kennett and their reported violations in the past:DUNKLIN CO PWSD 3 SOUTH (Population served: 2,150, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2013, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (JUL-25-2013), St Public Notif requested (JUL-25-2013), St Public Notif received (AUG-29-2013), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-24-2008), St Public Notif requested (NOV-24-2008), St Public Notif received (DEC-18-2008), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-23-2005), St Public Notif requested (AUG-23-2005), St Public Notif received (SEP-14-2005), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- One minor monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Kennett that have no violations reported:
- DUNKLIN CO PWSD 3 NORTH (Population served: 133, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 126
- Hazardous Condition: 16
- Service Call: 37
- Good Intent Call: 8
Incident types - Kennett
|Most common first names in Kennett, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Kennett, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (55%)
- Utility gas (44%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Kennett, MO|
|Dairy Queen||1||Super 8||1|
|Days Inn||1||Taco Bell||1|
Kennett compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Kennett on our top lists:
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest cost per building permit(population 5,000+)"
Total of 11 patent applications in 2008-2017.