Kettleman City, California
Kettleman City: Standard Oil Ave. Looking West from Hwy. 41
Kettleman City: Hwy. 41 Kettleman
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||28.5 years|
|California median age:||35.7 years|
Zip codes: 93239.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $15,247 (it was $7,389 in 2000)
Kettleman City CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $85,700 (it was $60,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $717.
Races in Kettleman City, CA (2010)
- 422.9%White alone
- 120.8%Two or more races
- 10.07%Asian alone
- 10.07%Other race alone
|How many California counties have you visited? (61 replies)|
|10 most boring places in California (46 replies)|
|Neel Kashkari lives on the streets of Fresno for a week (47 replies)|
|How do you afford to live in California? (488 replies)|
|Best places to relocate in SoCal/NoCal (28 replies)|
|any full service rest stops on California interstate highways? (26 replies)|
Latest news from Kettleman City, CA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 234 feet
Land area: 0.17 square miles.
Population density: 8,344 people per square mile(high).
For population 25 years and over in Kettleman City:
- High school or higher: 40.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 3.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 23.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kettleman City CDP:
- Never married: 33.6%
- Now married: 53.7%
- Separated: 3.6%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 1.5%
562 residents are foreign born (40.0% Latin America).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $887 (1.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $580 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Visalia, CA (42.6 miles , pop. 91,565).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fresno, CA (54.3 miles , pop. 427,652).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (160.5 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Avenal, CA (3.0 miles ), Stratford, CA (3.8 miles ), Huron, CA (3.9 miles ), Lemoore Station, CA (4.2 miles ), Lemoore, CA (4.8 miles ), Corcoran, CA (4.8 miles ), Coalinga, CA (4.9 miles ), Armona, CA (5.0 miles ).
Latitude: 36.01 N, Longitude: 119.96 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 559
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (84%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Transportation and warehousing (2%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Construction (0%)
- Manufacturing (0%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (39%)
- Accommodation and food services (30%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Manufacturing (2%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Construction (0%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (56%)
- Production occupations (22%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (3%)
- Transportation occupations (2%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (0%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (21%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (16%)
- Personal care and service occupations (12%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Production occupations (8%)
Average climate in Kettleman City, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Kettleman City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above California state average. It is 830% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 88.4 miles away from the city center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 11/4/1927 at 13:51:53, a magnitude 7.5 (7.5 UK) earthquake occurred 96.7 miles away from Kettleman City center
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK) earthquake occurred 217.0 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi) earthquake occurred 231.5 miles away from the city center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 5/2/1983 at 23:42:37, a magnitude 6.7 (6.2 MB, 6.5 MS, 6.5 MW, 6.7 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 23.9 miles away from Kettleman City center, causing $31,000,000 total damage
On 10/18/1989 at 00:04:15, a magnitude 7.1 (6.5 MB, 7.1 MS, 6.9 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 126.0 miles away from the city center, causing 62 deaths (62 shaking deaths) and 3757 injuries, causing $1,305,032,704 total damage
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Kings County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Landslides: 2, Drought: 1, Earthquake: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kettleman City:
- West Hills College-Lemoore (about 22 miles; Lemoore, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,314)
- San Joaquin Valley College-Visalia (about 40 miles; Visalia, CA; FT enrollment: 2,386)
- College of the Sequoias (about 43 miles; Visalia, CA; FT enrollment: 6,982)
- Reedley College (about 50 miles; Reedley, CA; FT enrollment: 8,144)
- Fresno Pacific University (about 52 miles; Fresno, CA; FT enrollment: 3,083)
- Porterville College (about 54 miles; Porterville, CA; FT enrollment: 2,560)
- Fresno City College (about 54 miles; Fresno, CA; FT enrollment: 12,994)
Public high school in Kettleman City:
- ADELANTE HIGH (Students: 1, Location: 701 GENERAL PETROLEUM ST., Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Kettleman City:
- KETTLEMAN CITY ELEMENTARY (Students: 179, Location: 701 GENERAL PETROLEUM ST., Grades: KG-8)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Strongest FM radio Stations: KNGS FM 100.1 Coalinga - Kettleman City - William L. Zawila, owner KAAX FM 95.1 Avenal - Avenal Educational
Notable locations in Kettleman City: Kettleman City Branch Kings County Library (A), Kings County Fire Department Station 9 Kettleman City (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Kettleman City: Saint Cecilias Catholic Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Best Western Kettleman City In (33410 Powers Drive), Best Western Inn (33456 Powers Drive).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 116. This is significantly worse than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 29.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 46.4. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 16.0. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 23.1 miles away from the city center.
(23.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 77.5% for other race residents)
|This place:||4.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Kettleman City CDP (based on Kings County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Kings County:||2.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kings County:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||0.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kings County:||1.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.42 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Kettleman City, CA Residents
7.00% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,108 average adjusted gross income)
0.49% of residents moved from foreign countries ($2,358 average AGI)
Kings County: 0.49% California average: 0.07%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Fresno County, CA||1.17% ($32,214 average AGI)|
|from Tulare County, CA||0.68% ($30,855)|
|from San Diego County, CA||0.37% ($35,740)|
7.86% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($38,883 average adjusted gross income)
0.48% of residents moved to foreign countries ($2,240 average AGI)
Kings County: 0.48% California average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Kettleman City:
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KOOR (790 AM; 10 kW; CLOVIS, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KCHJ (1010 AM; 5 kW; DELANO, CA; Owner: ILLINOIS LOTUS CORP.)
- KNZR (1560 AM; 25 kW; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORP. OF CALIF.)
- KIRN (670 AM; 35 kW; SIMI VALLEY, CA; Owner: LOTUS OXNARD CORP.)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KIRV (1510 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: GORE-OVERGAARD BROADCASTING, INC)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kettleman City:
- K217EQ (91.3 FM; COALINGA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K203AQ (88.5 FM; HELM, ETC., CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KDKL (88.3 FM; COALINGA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZPO (103.3 FM; LINDSAY, CA; Owner: LINDSAY BROADCASTING)
- KGZO (90.9 FM; SHAFTER, CA; Owner: THE ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION, INC.)
- KDUV (88.9 FM; VISALIA, CA; Owner: COMMUNITY EDUCATIONAL B/CASTNG, INC.)
- K266AH (101.1 FM; BENA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KJUG-FM (106.7 FM; TULARE, CA; Owner: WESTCOAST BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K220EY (91.9 FM; PORTERVILLE, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KUFW (90.5 FM; WOODLAKE, CA; Owner: NATIONAL FARM WORKERS SERVICE CENTER)
- KMAK (100.3 FM; ORANGE COVE, CA; Owner: RICHARD B. SMITH)
- KMQA (100.5 FM; EAST PORTERVILLE, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING PORTERVILLE L.L.C.)
- K203CM (88.5 FM; SANGER, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KRKC-FM (102.1 FM; KING CITY, CA; Owner: KING CITY COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KBDH (91.7 FM; SAN ARDO, CA; Owner: PATAPHYSICAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- K206CC (89.1 FM; LOCKWOOD, CA; Owner: PRUNEDALE EDUC. F'DATION/CENTRAL CA)
- KGEN-FM (94.5 FM; HANFORD, CA; Owner: AZTECA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 25m82ftTotal length
- 6,628Total average daily traffic
- 809Total average daily truck traffic
- 6,021Total future (year 2015) average daily traffic
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 44
- Hazardous Condition: 14
- Service Call: 4
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Kettleman City
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Kettleman City, California:
- Best Western Inn, 33410 Powers Dr, Kettleman City, California 93239 , Phone: (800) 381-1116
- Super 8, 33415 Powers Dr, Kettleman City, California 93239 , Phone: (209) 386-9530, Fax: (559) 386-9409
|Most common first names in Kettleman City, CA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Kettleman City, CA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (57%)
- Electricity (43%)
|Businesses in Kettleman City, CA|
|Carl\s Jr.||1||Super 8||1|
Kettleman City compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Kettleman City on our top lists:
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the least people driving a car to work alone (population 500+)"
- #3 (93239) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Dutch first ancestries"
- #7 (93239) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the lowest 2012 average taxable interest for individuals (pop 1,000+)"
- #26 (93239) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the smallest percentage of taxpayers reporting taxable interest in 2012 (pop 1,000+)"
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Particulate Matter (PM10) Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Particulate Matter (PM2.5) Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Nitrogen Dioxide air pollution readings in 2012 (ppm)"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating to foreign countries in 2011 (pop. 50,000+)"