Mason County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Drinking water stations with addresses in Kilbourne that have no violations reported:
- SMUGGLERS PUB & GRUBB (Address: P. O. BOX 50, Population served: 75, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2012: 14.3%
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This village: || 2.4 people|
|Illinois: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This village: || 67.7%|
|Whole state: || 65.8%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This village: || 8.1%|
|Whole state: || 6.3%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Kilbourne, IL
Kilbourne compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (71%)
- Electricity (25%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Kilbourne village (based on Mason County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 54.38%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Lutheran Church||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Assemblies of God||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||New Testament Association Independent Baptist Churches/Other Fundamental Baptists||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Here:||3.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||5.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Mason County:||7.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|State:||8.3%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Police Protection - Officers
|Totals for Government
Kilbourne government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $66,000 ($222.97)
General: $46,000 ($155.41)
Housing & Community Development: $10,000 ($33.78)
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $49,000 ($165.54)
Police Protection: $27,000 ($91.22)
Regular Highways: $4,000 ($13.51)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $15,000 ($50.68)
Kilbourne government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $122,000 ($412.16)
Housing & Community Development: $10,000 ($33.78)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $26,000 ($87.84)
Interest Earnings: $16,000 ($54.05)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $47,000 ($158.78)
Highways: $10,000 ($33.78)
All Other: $4,000 ($13.51)
- Tax - Property: $8,000 ($27.03)
Kilbourne government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $438,000 ($1479.73)
5.47% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($31,467 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.16% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($30,507 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Kilbourne:
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WVEL (1140 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PEKIN, IL)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WWFS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WMBD (1470 AM; 5 kW; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kilbourne:
- WDBR (103.7 FM; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WVIL (101.3 FM; VIRGINIA, IL; Owner: MARK J. LANGSTON)
- WLWJ (88.1 FM; PETERSBURG, IL; Owner: CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- WYVR (97.7 FM; PETERSBURG, IL; Owner: LONG NINE, INC.)
- WRMS-FM (94.3 FM; BEARDSTOWN, IL; Owner: CONNER FAMILY BROADCASTING INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Kilbourne:
- WICS (Channel 20; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: WICS LICENSEE, LLC)
- WRSP-TV (Channel 55; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: SPRINGFIELD BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WSEC (Channel 14; JACKSONVILLE, IL; Owner: WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
Kilbourne fatal accident list:
May 1, 1983 06:45 PM, Elm Street, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Kilbourne
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- KILBOURNE, 316 West Poplar Street (Lat: 40.156250 Lon: -90.009500), Type: Pole, Structure height: 59.7 m, Overall height: 60.4 m, Call Sign: WQJC576
Assigned Frequencies: 6595.00 MHz, 6635.00 MHz
Grant Date: 07/24/2008, Expiration Date: 07/24/2018, Certifier: Pamelia Y Hoof
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- KILBOURNE, 7022 Sr 97 (Lat: 40.163139 Lon: -90.005583), Type: Tower, Structure height: 68.6 m, Overall height: 69.5 m, Call Sign: WQNT944
Assigned Frequencies: 11225.0 MHz, 6345.49 MHz
Grant Date: 05/24/2011, Expiration Date: 05/24/2021, Certifier: Steven T Campbell
Registrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- KILBOURNE, 316 West Poplar Street (Lat: 40.156250 Lon: -90.009500), Type: Pole, Structure height: 59.7 m, Call Sign: WQPS809
Assigned Frequencies: 10735.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10735.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10735.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10735.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz
Grant Date: 08/07/2012, Expiration Date: 08/07/2022, Certifier: Christopher Pickard
Registrant: Peg Bandwidth, LLC, 5904 Stone Creek Drive, Suite 130, The Colony, TX 75056, Phone: (214) 770-8791, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KB9PFR, Licensee ID: L00265366
Grant Date: 11/14/2006, Expiration Date: 12/24/2016
Registrant: Kimmie J Brewer, 107 W Walnut St, Kilbourne, IL 62655-0033
- Call Sign: KB9PFT, Licensee ID: L00265365
Grant Date: 12/24/1996, Expiration Date: 12/24/2006, Cancellation Date: 12/25/2008
Registrant: Michael L Brewer, 107 W Walnut St, Kilbourne, IL 62655-0033
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: AERONCA 7AC (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2016E , Serial Number: 7AC-5586, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 06/17/1957
Registrant (Individual): Eula M Baker, 5054 Cr 1500 E, Kilbourne, IL 62655
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172N (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 734FP , Serial Number: 17268822, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 03/29/1977
Registrant (Co-Owned): Aerial Spraying Baker, Route 1, Kilbourne, IL 62655, Other Owners: Farms Sisson, Al Baker, Ted Sisson
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Kilbourne, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Kilbourne, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Cashiers"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Fuel dealers"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Petroleum and petroleum products merchant wholesalers"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Petroleum and petroleum products merchant wholesalers"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors"
- #74 (62655) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Slovene first ancestries"