King City, Missouri
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||39.3 years|
|Missouri median age:||38.4 years|
Zip codes: 64463.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $21,056 (it was $14,177 in 2000)
King City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $86,851 (it was $38,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $133,877; Detached houses: $138,991; Townhouses or other attached units: $137,537; Mobile homes: $69,974
Median gross rent in 2016: $645.
Races in King City, MO (2010)
- 98897.5%White alone
- 90.9%Two or more races
- 30.3%Asian alone
- 10.10%Black alone
- 10.10%American Indian alone
|Interesting Missouri facts. (1078 replies)|
|Missouri loses a notch in population ranking (175 replies)|
|tell me about northern mo (8 replies)|
|Proposition C (8 replies)|
|searching (4 replies)|
|searching (1 reply)|
Latest news from King City, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (26.7%), German (21.0%), English (15.0%), Irish (13.8%), European (3.0%), Scottish (1.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1881
Elevation: 1106 feet
Land area: 1.38 square miles.
Population density: 744 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in King City:
- High school or higher: 93.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.9%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in King City city:
- Never married: 25.1%
- Now married: 51.8%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 10.4%
- Divorced: 12.8%
5 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in King City, Missouri as of April 25, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in King City to the number of sex offenders is 131 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,991 (1.4%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,062 (1.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: St. Joseph, MO (26.3 miles , pop. 73,990).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Kansas City, MO (67.5 miles , pop. 441,545).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (378.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Union Star, MO (2.5 miles ), Stanberry, MO (3.4 miles ), Darlington, MO (3.5 miles) , Rea, MO (3.6 miles) , Amity, MO (3.7 miles) , Guilford, MO (3.7 miles) , Maysville, MO (3.8 miles ), Cosby, MO (3.9 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $90,000
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $65,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $65,000
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $40,000
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $85,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $120,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $200,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $50,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.05 N, Longitude: 94.52 W
Area code: 660
|Crime rates in King City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 257.7)||119.8||12.5||67.4||60.0||61.7||0.0||19.6||14.5||39.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in King City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||0.97|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (22%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (15%)
- Construction (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Retail trade (20%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (16%)
- Material moving occupations (16%)
- Management occupations (15%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (21%)
- Sales and related occupations (17%)
- Healthcare support occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (4%)
Average climate in King City, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
King City-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Missouri state average. It is 86% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/29/2004, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.7 miles away from the King City city center killed 3 people and injured 6 people and caused $300,000 in damages.
On 6/7/1984, a category F4 tornado 36.4 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 64 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:King City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Missouri state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 372.2 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 335.3 miles away from King City center
On 7/16/2004 at 12:17:30, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 MW, 3.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 67.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 364.6 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 351.0 miles away from King City center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 381.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Gentry County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Tornadoes: 6, Winter Storms: 3, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Gerald P. Pulley - Photographer.
Hospitals and medical centers in King City:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to King City:
- Missouri Western State University (about 25 miles; Saint Joseph, MO; Full-time enrollment: 4,557)
- Northwest Missouri State University (about 29 miles; Maryville, MO; FT enrollment: 5,946)
- Highland Community College (about 42 miles; Highland, KS; FT enrollment: 2,148)
- Grantham University (about 56 miles; Kansas City, MO; FT enrollment: 8,385)
- Park University (about 61 miles; Parkville, MO; FT enrollment: 9,131)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College (about 66 miles; Kansas City, KS; FT enrollment: 4,718)
- Metropolitan Community College-Kansas City (about 69 miles; Kansas City, MO; FT enrollment: 12,834)
Public high school in King City:
- KING CITY HIGH (Students: 192, Location: 300 N GRAND, Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle school in King City:
- KING CITY ELEM. (Students: 177, Location: 300 N GRAND, Grades: PK-6)
Notable location: King City Fire Protection District (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 84.4. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 36.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.5 miles away from the city center.
(29.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 100.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
6 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Banks with branches in King City (2011 data):
- Citizens Bank and Trust Company: King City Branch at 101 North Ohio, branch established on 1880/01/01. Info updated 2008/08/25: Bank assets: $867.0 mil, Deposits: $709.5 mil, headquarters in Chillicothe, MO, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: Young Partners, L.P.
- Independent Farmers Bank: King City Branch at 206 North Connecticut, branch established on 1994/01/03. Info updated 2009/03/04: Bank assets: $105.0 mil, Deposits: $89.2 mil, headquarters in Maysville, MO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Farmers Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for King City city (based on Gentry County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Gentry County:||4.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gentry County:||9.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of King City, MO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$2,556||$30,672||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||1||$1,236|
|Totals for Government||3||$7,982||$31,928||6||$5,400|
5.63% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,470 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Harrison County, MO||1.18% ($17,964 average AGI)|
|from Nodaway County, MO||0.59% ($45,286)|
|from Buchanan County, MO||0.42% ($25,200)|
5.63% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,164 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in King City:
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFEQ (680 AM; 5 kW; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- KCMO (710 AM; 10 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA KANSAS CITY PARTNERSHIP)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KSFT (1550 AM; 5 kW; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KAAN (870 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BETHANY, MO; Owner: KAAN, INC)
- KYFR (920 AM; 5 kW; SHENANDOAH, IA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KCCV (760 AM; daytime; 6 kW; OVERLAND PARK, KS; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in King City:
- KKWK (100.1 FM; CAMERON, MO; Owner: KAAN, INC.)
- KKJO-FM (105.5 FM; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC)
- KSJQ (92.7 FM; SAVANNAH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KXCV (90.5 FM; MARYVILLE, MO; Owner: NORTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIV.)
- KAAN-FM (95.5 FM; BETHANY, MO; Owner: KAAN, INC)
TV broadcast stations around King City:
- KTAJ (Channel 16; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KQTV (Channel 2; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF THE MIDWEST, INC.)
King City fatal accident list:
Jul 19, 1997 09:40 PM, 169, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: K0PCL, Grant Date: 11/22/1994, Expiration Date: 11/22/2004, Cancellation Date: 11/23/2006, Registrant: David D Hammer, 610 E South, King City, MO 64463
- Call Sign: KB0YXW, Licensee ID: L01239493, Grant Date: 01/30/2007, Expiration Date: 01/30/2017, Registrant: Daniel A Oneill, 107 Prospect, King City, MO 64463
|Most common first names in King City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in King City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (56%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (30%)
- Utility gas (7%)
- Wood (4%)
- Other fuel (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
King City compared to Missouri state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.