Cheyenne County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Drinking water stations with addresses in Kit Carson and their reported violations in the past:
KIT CARSON TOWN OF (Population served: 300, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 30.4%
(8.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 88.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This town: || 2.3 people|
|Colorado: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This town: || 59.6%|
|Whole state: || 64.0%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This town: || 0.9%|
|Whole state: || 5.5%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Kit Carson, CO
13 people in nursing homes
Kit Carson compared to Colorado state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Kit Carson (2011 data):
- Kit Carson State Bank: at 113 Main Street, branch established on 1909/11/19. Info updated 2006/07/20: Bank assets: $72.4 mil, Deposits: $64.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Harker Investments, Lllp
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (90%)
- Electricity (6%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Other fuel (2%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Cheyenne County Colorado:
Religion statistics for Kit Carson (based on Cheyenne County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 54.10%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Catholic Church||Lutheran Church||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||5.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||5.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Cheyenne County:||5.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Totals for Government
Kit Carson government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Sewerage: $17,000 ($73.28)
- Construction - Regular Highways: $96,000 ($413.79)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $53,000 ($228.45)
Financial Administration: $26,000 ($112.07)
Sewerage: $21,000 ($90.52)
Regular Highways: $10,000 ($43.10)
Parks & Recreation: $7,000 ($30.17)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Police Protection: $8,000 ($34.48)
- Local Intergovernmental - Highways: $2,000 ($8.62)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $11,000 ($47.41)
General Revenue, NEC: $1,000 ($4.31)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $309,000 ($1331.90)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $42,000 ($181.03)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $43,000 ($185.34)
General Support: $38,000 ($163.79)
Highways: $15,000 ($64.66)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $51,000 ($219.83)
Property: $19,000 ($81.90)
Public Utilities: $5,000 ($21.55)
Motor Vehicle License: $1,000 ($4.31)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $62,000 ($267.24)
6.28% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($23,302 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
8.68% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($35,754 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Strongest AM radio stations in Kit Carson:
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLMR (920 AM; 5 kW; LAMAR, CO; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KSIR (1010 AM; 25 kW; BRUSH, CO; Owner: JMS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KCBR (1040 AM; daytime; 15 kW; MONUMENT, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KCUV (1510 AM; 25 kW; LITTLETON, CO; Owner: PEOPLE WIRELESS, INC.)
- KCMN (1530 AM; 15 kW; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO)
Kit Carson fatal accident list:
Dec 10, 1979 10:42 AM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 2
Total length: 13 meters (43ft)
Total costs: $2,117,000
Total average daily traffic: 8,300
Total average daily truck traffic: 4,264
Total future (year 2028) average daily traffic: 12,066
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Kit Carson
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Lat: 38.768639 Lon: -102.794944, Call Sign: WQLG664
Assigned Frequencies: 462.287 MHz
Grant Date: 01/14/2010, Expiration Date: 01/14/2020, Certifier: Chuck Emmert
Registrant: Cara Enterprises Inc, Las Vegas, NV 89140-0124, Phone: (801) 278-9728, Fax: (801) 278-7239, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- STATION, 7.25 Mi S Of (Lat: 38.659722 Lon: -102.789917), Overall height: 80.8 m, Call Sign: WNTP454
Assigned Frequencies: 928.256 MHz, 952.256 MHz
Grant Date: 06/19/2002, Expiration Date: 08/18/2012
Registrant: Colorado Interstate Gas, Colorado Springs, CO 80944, Phone: (719) 520-4700, Fax: (719) 520-4318, Email:
- GRETSKY, Approx 1.5 Miles S Of Us 40 On Cr 34 (Lat: 38.785694 Lon: -102.539333), Type: Tower, Structure height: 103.6 m, Overall height: 106.7 m, Call Sign: WQEN866
Assigned Frequencies: 6034.15 MHz
Grant Date: 03/14/2006, Expiration Date: 03/14/2016, Certifier: Richard A Craig
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- Kit Carson, South Of Route 40 (Lat: 38.760806 Lon: -102.793611), Type: Tower, Structure height: 100.5 m, Overall height: 106.6 m, Call Sign: WQIQ713
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHz, 6063.80 MHz
Grant Date: 04/16/2008, Expiration Date: 06/02/2017, Certifier: Frank Dirico
Registrant: Industrial Tower And Wireless, LLC, 40 Lone Street, Marshfield, MA 02050, Phone: (781) 319-1011, Fax: (781) 837-4000, Email:
- Kit Carson, 7.25 Mi S (Lat: 38.659722 Lon: -102.790000), Type: Tower, Structure height: 81 m, Call Sign: KBB25
Assigned Frequencies: 6775.62 MHz
Grant Date: 07/18/2000, Expiration Date: 09/14/2010
Registrant: Colorado Interstate Gas, 2 North Nevada, Colorado Springs, CO 80944, Phone: (719) 520-4700, Fax: (719) 520-4318, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: WB0IAR, Licensee ID: L00304768
Grant Date: 05/20/2009, Expiration Date: 02/28/2019, Certifier: Louis V Derby
Registrant: Louis V Derby, 401 East St, Kit Carson, CO 80825
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: ERCOUPE 415-G (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C85 SERIES (85 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 94420 , Serial Number: 5071, Year manufactured: 1950, Airworthiness Date: 10/18/1955
Registrant (Partnership): Rodney Blankenbaker, North Route, Kit Carson, CO 80825, Other Owners: Lauretta Blankenbaker
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
Incident types - Kit Carson
See full 2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System statistics for Kit Carson, CO
|Most common first names in Kit Carson, CO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Kit Carson, CO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Kit Carson on our top lists:
- #5 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Information and record clerks except customer service representatives"
- #34 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: U. S. Postal service"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Finance and insurance"
- #65 on the list of "Top 100 cities with declining populations from 2000 to 2008"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Life and physical scientists"
- #67 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Other direct selling establishments"