|Median resident age:||41.0 years|
|Iowa median age:||44.4 years|
Zip codes: 50138.
Knoxville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $95,187 (it was $70,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $567.
- White alone - 6,911 (93.2%)
- Hispanic - 290 (3.9%)
- Two or more races - 80 (1.1%)
- American Indian alone - 58 (0.8%)
- Black alone - 33 (0.4%)
- Asian alone - 13 (0.2%)
|Don't move to Des Moines, Iowa unless.. (155 replies)|
|Looking for the perfect small town in Iowa ! (101 replies)|
|Southern influence in IA (58 replies)|
|Long-ish term accommodation in Knoxville (0 replies)|
|Tell me all about Knoxville (1 reply)|
|Warm Winter Days in IA (14 replies)|
Latest news from Knoxville, IA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (21.6%), Irish (15.1%), Dutch (10.7%), English (10.2%), United States (6.0%), French (3.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 01/24/1855
Elevation: 903 feet
Land area: 4.43 square miles.
Population density: 1,638 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Knoxville:
- High school or higher: 90.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Knoxville city:
- Never married: 22.4%
- Now married: 54.6%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 8.2%
- Divorced: 14.1%
165 residents are foreign born (0.6% Europe, 0.4% Oceania, 0.4% Asia).
According to our research of Iowa and other state lists there were 31 registered sex offenders living in Knoxville, Iowa as of May 24, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Knoxville to the number of sex offenders is 235 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,653 (1.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,414 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Des Moines, IA (32.8 miles , pop. 198,682).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Omaha, NE (151.4 miles , pop. 390,007).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (282.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Harvey, IA (3.0 miles ), Melcher-Dallas, IA (3.1 miles ), Pleasantville, IA (3.1 miles ), Pella, IA (3.4 miles ), Marysville, IA (3.5 miles) , Bussey, IA (3.7 miles ), Monroe, IA (3.7 miles ), Hamilton, IA (3.8 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 7 buildings, average cost: $138,300
- 1998: 15 buildings, average cost: $96,200
- 1999: 8 buildings, average cost: $155,200
- 2000: 15 buildings, average cost: $148,300
- 2001: 10 buildings, average cost: $162,300
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2003: 9 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2004: 10 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2005: 9 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2006: 9 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2007: 7 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2012: 3 buildings, average cost: $149,300
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 41.32 N, Longitude: 93.10 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +518 (+7.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,868 (56.9%)
Area code: 641
|Crime rates in Knoxville by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 321.9)||157.3||264.6||164.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Knoxville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.77|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -586 (-7.0%).
- Manufacturing (36%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Construction (7%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Educational services (3%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (7%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (7%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (4%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (4%)
Average climate in Knoxville, Iowa
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Knoxville-area historical tornado activity is near Iowa state average. It is 82% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/18/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 26.2 miles away from the Knoxville city center killed 2 people and injured 50 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/10/1953, a category F4 tornado 27.7 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Knoxville-area historical earthquake activity is near Iowa state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 340.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 325.6 miles away from Knoxville center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 344.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 218.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 365.1 miles away from Knoxville center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 373.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Marion County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 3, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Dixie Cornell Gebhardt - Leader of the Daughters of the Revolution in Iowa, Jim Garrison - (1921-1992), district attorney, Jack Whitver - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Knoxville:
- KNOXVILLE HOSPITAL & CLINICS (Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 1002 SOUTH LINCOLN STREET)
- GIRLING HEALTH CARE (213 EAST MAIN STREET, KNOXVILLE PLAZA SQUARE)
- GRACE HOME HEALTH CARE (207 EAST MAIN STREET)
- QUALITY HOME CARE PROFESSIONAL (101 EAST MARION)
- GRIFFIN NURSING CENTER (606 NORTH SEVENTH STREET)
- KNOXVILLE REST HOME (205 N IOWA AVE)
- WEST RIDGE NURSING AND REHAB CENTER (1904 WEST HOWARD STREET)
Airports and heliports located in Knoxville:
- Knoxville Municipal Airport (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 100, Itinerant Ops: 4,500, Local Ops: 5,000, Military Ops: 100)
- Knoxville Area Community Hospital Heliport
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Knoxville:
- Drake University (about 35 miles; Des Moines, IA; Full-time enrollment: 3,768)
- Des Moines Area Community College (about 38 miles; Ankeny, IA; FT enrollment: 15,337)
- Indian Hills Community College (about 42 miles; Ottumwa, IA; FT enrollment: 4,034)
- Iowa State University (about 57 miles; Ames, IA; FT enrollment: 28,662)
- Truman State University (about 83 miles; Kirksville, MO; FT enrollment: 5,553)
- University of Iowa (about 85 miles; Iowa City, IA; FT enrollment: 24,735)
- Kirkwood Community College (about 86 miles; Cedar Rapids, IA; FT enrollment: 11,503)
Public high schools in Knoxville:
Public elementary/middle schools in Knoxville:
- Knoxville Middle School (Students: 505; Location: 102 N Lincoln; Grades: 6-8)
- Northstar Elementary School (Students: 331; Location: 407 W Larson; Grades: K-5)
- East Elementary School (Students: 256; Location: 614 E Washington St; Grades: K-5)
- West Elementary School (Students: 249; Location: 306 S Park Lane Dr; Grades: PK-5)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- You have forgotten my church on your list. Christ's Church 1401 W. Bell Ave. Knoxville, IA 50138 Phone 641-842-6304. Christ's Church is an independent Christian church cented on Jesus Christ.
- Please include my church in your listing for Knoxville, IA: Christ's Church 1401 W Bell Ave. Knoxville IA 50138 (641)842-6304. Thank-you.
- St Anthony's Catholic Church (641) 828-7050 | 1202 Woodland Dr Knoxville, IA
Notable locations in Knoxville: Marion County Fairground (A), RV's Full Facility Camp Grounds (B), Knoxville (C), Knoxville Raceway (D), Pine Knolls Country Club (E), Knoxville Township Rural Fire Department (F), Knoxville Fire and Rescue Department (G), 3M Knoxville (H), Marion County Courthouse (I), Veterans Administration Medical Center Library (J), National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum (K), Marion County Sheriff Department (L), Knoxville Public Library (M), Knoxville Police Department (N), Knoxville Memorial Hall (O). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Knoxville include: Victory Baptist Church (A), First United Methodist Church (B), Assembly of God Church (C), Knoxville Christian Church (D), Friendship Christian Church (E), Trinity Chapel (F), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (G), Celebrate Community Church (H), First Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Knoxville include: Red Rock Line Indian Treaty Historical Marker (1), USS Maine Historical Marker (2), Home of Judge Lorin N Hayes Historical Marker (3), Home of Governor William Stone Historical Marker (4), Edwards City Park (5), Youngs Park (6), Auld Park (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Knoxville Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum Foundation (1 Sprint Capital Place).
Hotels: Red Carpet Motel (1702 North Lincoln Street), Super 8 Motel (2205 North Lincoln Street), Super 8 Knoxville IA (2205 North Lincoln).
Court: Marion County - Knoxville- Courts- Clerk Of Court (Courthouse Floor FL).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Knoxville that have no violations reported:
- KNOXVILLE WATER WORKS (Population served: 8,118, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(15.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Black residents, 11.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
41 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
People in group quarters in Knoxville in 2000:
- 177 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere
- 163 people in nursing homes
- 51 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
- 42 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 11 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Knoxville compared to Iowa state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Knoxville (2011 data):
- Iowa State Savings Bank: Parking Lot Branch, at 222 East Robinson Street, Parking Lot Branch. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $100.3 mil, Deposits: $86.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Duclarkee, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Knoxville Mb Branch at 212 East Marion Street, branch established on 1971/08/27; Knoxville Branch at 102 South Second Street, branch established on 1933/01/01. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (83%)
- Electricity (14%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Knoxville city (based on Marion County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 56.71%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Reformed Church in America||Christian Reformed Church in North America||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA|
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Lutheran Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Marion County:||1.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Marion County:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||0.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Marion County:||6.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$22,198||$44,396||1||$2,527|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$48,040||$52,407||0||$0|
|Police - Other||2||$7,050||$42,300||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$24,699||$49,398||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||3||$10,941||$43,764||45||$17,498|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||2||$6,863||$41,178||8||$7,080|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$9,287||$55,722||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||38||$151,384||$47,805||63||$35,135|
Knoxville government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $1,103,000 ($152.12)
General - Other: $376,000 ($51.85)
Housing and Community Development: $104,000 ($14.34)
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $1,658,000 ($228.66)
Housing and Community Development: $1,044,000 ($143.98)
Police Protection: $922,000 ($127.15)
Regular Highways: $757,000 ($104.40)
Parks and Recreation: $480,000 ($66.20)
Air Transportation: $272,000 ($37.51)
Libraries: $247,000 ($34.06)
Central Staff Services: $200,000 ($27.58)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $138,000 ($19.03)
General Public Buildings: $136,000 ($18.76)
Health - Other: $119,000 ($16.41)
General - Other: $107,000 ($14.76)
Financial Administration: $95,000 ($13.10)
Local Fire Protection: $46,000 ($6.34)
Judicial and Legal Services: $20,000 ($2.76)
Hospitals: $14,000 ($1.93)
- General - Interest on Debt: $425,000 ($58.61)
- Other Capital Outlay - Housing and Community Development: $5,000 ($0.69)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $1,912,000 ($263.69)
Knoxville government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,740,000 ($239.97)
All Other: $251,000 ($34.62)
Parks and Recreation: $158,000 ($21.79)
Housing and Community Development: $97,000 ($13.38)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $29,000 ($4.00)
Regular Highways: $2,000 ($0.28)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $1,072,000 ($147.84)
All Other: $264,000 ($36.41)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $81,000 ($11.17)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $353,000 ($48.68)
General Revenue, NEC: $176,000 ($24.27)
Sale of Property: $24,000 ($3.31)
Fines and Forfeits: $8,000 ($1.10)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $647,000 ($89.23)
All Other: $495,000 ($68.27)
General Local Government Support: $6,000 ($0.83)
- Tax - Property: $2,498,000 ($344.50)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $654,000 ($90.19)
Public Utilities Sales: $127,000 ($17.51)
Other Selective Sales: $52,000 ($7.17)
Other License: $49,000 ($6.76)
Knoxville government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $11,755,000 ($1621.16)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $9,520,000 ($1312.92)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $2,235,000 ($308.23)
Knoxville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $6,205,000 ($855.74)
5.24% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($39,592 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Polk County, IA||0.96% ($34,905 average AGI)|
|from Mahaska County, IA||0.50% ($39,917)|
|from Jasper County, IA||0.36% ($43,909)|
5.65% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($39,009 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Knoxville:
- KNIA (1320 AM; 1 kW; KNOXVILLE, IA; Owner: M AND H BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPSZ (940 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KBGG (1700 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KRNT (1350 AM; 5 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KXNO (1460 AM; 5 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WOI (640 AM; 5 kW; AMES, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIV., OF SCIENCE & TECH.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Knoxville:
- KRLS (92.1 FM; KNOXVILLE, IA; Owner: M AND H BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KAZR (103.3 FM; PELLA, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KGGO (94.9 FM; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KIOA (93.3 FM; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KMXD (100.3 FM; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKDM (107.5 FM; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOI-FM (90.1 FM; AMES, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCI & TECH)
- KSTZ (102.5 FM; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KBOE-FM (104.9 FM; OSKALOOSA, IA; Owner: JOMAST CORPORATION)
- KKSI (101.5 FM; EDDYVILLE, IA; Owner: O-TOWN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLBA-FM (96.7 FM; ALBIA, IA; Owner: H & H BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KELR-FM (105.3 FM; CHARITON, IA; Owner: FMC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCWN (99.9 FM; NEW SHARON, IA; Owner: CROWN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Knoxville:
- WOI-TV (Channel 5; AMES, IA; Owner: CAPITAL COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY, INC.)
- KDIN-TV (Channel 11; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KPWB-TV (Channel 23; AMES, IA; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF IOWA, L.L.C.)
- KDSM-TV (Channel 17; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: KDSM LICENSEE, LLC)
- KCCI (Channel 8; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: DES MOINES HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WHO-TV (Channel 13; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WBXF-CA (Channel 4; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: THE BOX WORLDWIDE LLC)
- KRPG-LP (Channel 43; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 5
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 6
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 0
- Fatalities: 5
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 11
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 1
- Fatal accident count: 80
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 123
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 25
- Fatalities: 86
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 199
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 8
Knoxville fatal accident list:
Dec 5, 2006 03:46 PM, Mckinley St, W Pearl St, Lat: 41.32130, Lon: -93.10874, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Apr 23, 1997 05:43 PM, W Wash, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Sep 19, 1991 08:00 PM, 14, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Apr 7, 1980 04:18 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 65 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Knoxville, IA)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 31 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Knoxville)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 17 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Knoxville)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 18
- Hazardous Condition: 8
Incident types - Knoxville
|Most common first names in Knoxville, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Knoxville, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Knoxville, IA|
|Dairy Queen||1||Super 8||1|
|H&R Block||1||True Value||1|
Knoxville on our top lists:
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Motor vehicle and parts dealers (population 5,000+)"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (population 5,000+)"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Machinery (population 5,000+)"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Other direct selling establishments (population 5,000+)"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Metal and metal products (population 5,000+)"
- #35 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest temperature differences during a year (population 5,000+)"
- #39 (50138) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Northern European first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #94 (50138) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Dutch first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
Total of 27 patent applications in 2008-2015.