|Median resident age:||30.6 years|
|Florida median age:||38.7 years|
Zip code: 33935
La Belle CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $80,315 (it was $58,800 in 2000)
- White alone - 8,822 (49.0%)
- Hispanic - 7,994 (44.4%)
- Black alone - 908 (5.0%)
- Two or more races - 150 (0.8%)
- American Indian alone - 55 (0.3%)
- Asian alone - 42 (0.2%)
- Other race alone - 20 (0.1%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.01%)
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 16 feet
Land area: 519.3 square miles.
|Population density: 38 people per square mile||(very low).|
For population 25 years and over in La Belle:
- High school or higher: 51.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in La Belle CCD:
- Never married: 24.4%
- Now married: 61.9%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 7.6%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|La Belle CCD:||1.5% ($891)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cape Coral, FL (36.1 miles , pop. 102,286).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Hialeah, FL (91.8 miles , pop. 226,419).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (876.2 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Port La Belle, FL (1.2 miles ), Labelle, FL (1.6 miles ), Fort Denaud, FL (3.0 miles ), Charleston Park, FL (3.3 miles ), Pioneer, FL (3.4 miles ), Southwest Glades, FL (3.6 miles ), Alva, FL (3.7 miles ), Lehigh Acres, FL (4.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $56,500
- 1998: 7 buildings, average cost: $79,200
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $65,700
- 2000: 4 buildings, average cost: $84,900
- 2001: 7 buildings, average cost: $93,800
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $93,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 26.73 N, Longitude: 81.41 W
Area code: 863
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (42%)
- Construction (14%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Truck transportation (3%)
- Food (3%)
- Repair and maintenance (3%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Health care (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (34%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (3%)
- Farmers and farm managers (3%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (10%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (3%)
Average climate in La Belle, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
La Belle-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Florida state average. It is 19% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/17/1982, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 5.7 miles away from the La Belle place center killed one person and injured 4 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/18/1972, a category F2 tornado 15.8 miles away from the place center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:La Belle-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Florida state average. It is 97% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 324.9 miles away from the city center
On 2/22/1992 at 04:21:34, a magnitude 3.2 (3.2 MB, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 158.1 miles away from La Belle center
On 3/31/1992 at 14:59:39, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 MB, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 272.4 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 433.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 466.9 miles away from La Belle center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 402.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hendry County (19) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 9, Fires: 5, Tropical Storms: 4, Freezes: 2, Flood: 1, Tornado: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in La Belle:
Airports and heliports located in La Belle:
- Berry Grove Airport (Runways: 2)
- Bob Paul Airport (Runways: 1)
- Charlton Strip Airport (Runways: 2)
- Cotton Strip Airport (Runways: 3)
- Devils Garden Strip Airport (Runways: 1)
- Duda Airstrip Airport (Runways: 1)
- South Point Airport (Runways: 1)
- Sundance Farms Airport (Runways: 1)
- William's Sky Manor Airport (Runways: 1)
- Hendry County Fire-Ems Heliport
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to La Belle:
- Florida Gulf Coast University (about 30 miles; Fort Myers, FL; Full-time enrollment: 11,165)
- Edison State College (about 33 miles; Fort Myers, FL; FT enrollment: 10,649)
- Hodges University (about 38 miles; Naples, FL; FT enrollment: 2,132)
- Indian River State College (about 81 miles; Fort Pierce, FL; FT enrollment: 12,211)
- Palm Beach State College (about 83 miles; Lake Worth, FL; FT enrollment: 19,938)
- Lynn University (about 84 miles; Boca Raton, FL; FT enrollment: 2,151)
- Palm Beach Atlantic University (about 84 miles; West Palm Beach, FL; FT enrollment: 2,868)
Notable locations in La Belle: Felda (A), Devils Garden (B), LaBelle Plaza (C), United Methodist Camp (D), Firehouse Cultural Center (E), Felda Volunteer Fire Department (F), La Belle Fire Department (G), Pioneer Plantation Volunteer Fire Department (H), Hendry County Emergency Medical Services Station 219 (I), Hendry County Sheriff's Office West District (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in La Belle: ALICO INC (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in La Belle include: Highlands Grace Reformed Church (A), First Baptist Church of Labelle (B), Faith Chapel Pentecostal Church of God (C), Church of Peace (D), Church of God of Labelle (E), Christ the King Lutheran Church (F), Central Church of Christ (G), Caloosa Baptist Church (H), Mount Zion Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Fort Denaud Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and swamps: Okaloacoochee Slough (A), Fye Pond (B), Cow Slough (C), Grassy Marsh (D), Graham Marsh (E), Crows Nest Slough (F), Twelvemile Slough (G), Gator Slough (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Fort Simmons Branch (A), Pollywog Creek (B), Bee Branch (C), Banana Branch (D), Jacks Branch (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||3.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
People in group quarters in La Belle in 2010:
- 187 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 136 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
- 77 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 12 people in group homes intended for adults
- 7 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 4 people in correctional residential facilities
People in group quarters in La Belle in 2000:
- 828 people in agriculture workers' dormitories on farms
- 135 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 116 people in nursing homes
- 44 people in unknown juvenile institutions
- 6 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 5 people in religious group quarters
- 4 people in other nonhousehold living situations
La Belle compared to Florida state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in La Belle (2011 data):
- Seacoast National Bank: La Belle Banking Center Branch at State Road 80 And Lee Street, branch established on 1985/05/07. Info updated 2006/10/25: Bank assets: $2,135.8 mil, Deposits: $1,726.5 mil, headquarters in Stuart, FL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 42 total offices, Holding Company: Capgen Capital Group Iii Lp
- First Bank: La Belle Branch at 301 Hwy 80 W, branch established on 1981/06/12. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $229.9 mil, Deposits: $203.6 mil, headquarters in Clewiston, FL, negative income in the last year, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Pioneer Bankcorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (91%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- No fuel used (2%)
- Utility gas (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Religion statistics for La Belle CCD (based on Hendry County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 22.95%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Assemblies of God||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)|
|Name||Episcopal Church||Pentecostal Church of God||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hendry County:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Florida:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hendry County:||4.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Florida:||1.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hendry County:||4.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||8||$47,651||$71,477||5||$1,672|
|Streets and Highways||16||$74,355||$55,766||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$12,250||$73,500||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||37||$201,019||$65,195||6||$3,797|
9.20% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200533,164 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Lee County, FL||1.66% ($39,697 average AGI)|
|from Miami-Dade County, FL||1.02% ($28,819)|
|from Palm Beach County, FL||1.01% ($34,357)|
9.40% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200641,466 ($ average adjusted gross income)
0.09% of residents moved to foreign countries($166 average AGI)
Hendry County: 0.09% Florida average: 0.12%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in La Belle:
- WJNA (640 AM; 38 kW; ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL; Owner: SOUTH FLORIDA RADIO, INC.)
- WWCL (1440 AM; 5 kW; LEHIGH ACRES, FL; Owner: OLBOTA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWCN (770 AM; 10 kW; NORTH FORT MYERS, FL; Owner: WJPT LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWFE (670 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: FENIX BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WAQI (710 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: LICENSE CORPORATION #1)
- WFTL (850 AM; 50 kW; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL ENTERPRISES II, L.L.C.)
- WAFC (590 AM; 5 kW; CLEWISTON, FL; Owner: GLADES MEDIA COMPANY)
- WRFX (940 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVCG (1080 AM; 50 kW; CORAL GABLES, FL; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WQBA (1140 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: WQBA-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WNMA (1210 AM; 49 kW; MIAMI SPRINGS, FL; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF MIAMI LICENSE CORP.)
- WPTK (1200 AM; 10 kW; PINE ISLAND CENTER, FL; Owner: FORT MYERS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in La Belle:
- WRQC (92.5 FM; ESTERO, FL; Owner: MERIDIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBIY (88.3 FM; LA BELLE, FL; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WINK-FM (96.9 FM; FORT MYERS, FL; Owner: FORT MYERS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWGR (101.9 FM; FORT MYERS, FL; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- WRXK-FM (96.1 FM; BONITA SPRINGS, FL; Owner: WRXK LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCKT (100.1 FM; PORT CHARLOTTE, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGCU-FM (90.1 FM; FT. MYERS, FL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES, FLORIDA GULF COAST UNIVERSITY)
- WARO (94.5 FM; NAPLES, FL; Owner: MERIDIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSOR (90.9 FM; NAPLES, FL; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WXKB (103.9 FM; CAPE CORAL, FL; Owner: WXKB LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAVV (101.1 FM; MARCO, FL; Owner: ALPINE BROADCASTING CORP., INC.)
- WAFZ-FM (92.1 FM; IMMOKALEE, FL; Owner: PRAISE ENTERPRISES-NAPLES, LLC)
- WBTT (105.5 FM; NAPLES PARK, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDRR (107.1 FM; LEHIGH ACRES, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WAFC-FM (99.5 FM; CLEWISTON, FL; Owner: GLADES MEDIA COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around La Belle:
- WINK-TV (Channel 11; FORT MYERS, FL; Owner: FORT MYERS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBBH-TV (Channel 20; FORT MYERS, FL; Owner: WATERMAN BROADCASTING CORP. OF FLORIDA)
- WTVK (Channel 46; NAPLES, FL; Owner: ACME TELEVISION LICENSES OF FLORIDA, LLC)
- WFTX (Channel 36; CAPE CORAL, FL; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WRXY-TV (Channel 49; TICE, FL; Owner: WEST COAST CHRISTIAN TELEVISION, INC)
- WZVN-TV (Channel 26; NAPLES, FL; Owner: MONTCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGCU (Channel 30; FT. MYERS, FL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES, FLORIDA GULF COAST UNIVERSITY)
- WTIG-LP (Channel 2; NAPLES, FL; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBSP-CA (Channel 9; NAPLES, FL; Owner: CALOOSA TELEVISION CORPORATION)
- WTPH-LP (Channel 14; FORT MYERS, FL; Owner: TRI-MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- W38CO (Channel 38; FORT MYERS, FL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in La Belle)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:83 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Hendry Cty Civil Defense Courthouse Annex Hwy 80 & Bridge St (Lat: 26.761167 Lon: -81.437861), Call Sign: KZT376, Licensee ID: L00001437
Assigned Frequencies: 39.1000 MHz, 39.1800 MHz
Grant Date: 05/13/1996, Expiration Date: 07/29/2001, Cancellation Date: 03/01/2003
Registrant: State Of Florida, 2740 Centerview Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32399, Phone: (904) 488-1900
- .5 Mi N & Just Ne Of Fishhatchery Rd (Lat: 26.820556 Lon: -81.441944), Type: Tower, Structure height: 88.3 m, Overall height: 91 m, Call Sign: WPWY743
Assigned Frequencies: 155.640 MHz
Grant Date: 02/11/2003, Expiration Date: 08/11/2003, Cancellation Date: 10/12/2003, Certifier: Chris Jones
Registrant: Hendry County Sheriffs Office, 101 South Bridge Street, Labelle, FL 33975, Phone: (863) 673-1766, Fax: (863) 674-4624, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- STATION, Sr 29 3 Mi S (Lat: 26.703111 Lon: -81.438667), Overall height: 42.7 m, Call Sign: WNTQ454
Assigned Frequencies: 958.200 MHz
Grant Date: 01/22/1993, Expiration Date: 01/22/1998
Registrant: Phone: (305) 552-4041
- LA BELLE FL, Sr 29, 3 Mi S (Lat: 26.703111 Lon: -81.438667), Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 60.4 m, Call Sign: WPOS620
Assigned Frequencies: 957.550 MHz
Grant Date: 03/29/1999, Expiration Date: 03/29/2009, Cancellation Date: 01/14/2009
Registrant: 3000 K Street, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20007, Phone: (202) 424-7500, Fax: (202) 424-7643, Email:
- Studio, Studio (Lat: 26.761667 Lon: -81.446667), Type: Pole, Structure height: 40 m, Call Sign: WQGI388
Assigned Frequencies: 948.250 MHz
Grant Date: 01/26/2007, Expiration Date: 02/01/2020, Certifier: Oscar Aguero
Registrant: Sterling Communications, Inc., 219 Dodd Rd., Ringgold, GA 30736-2958, Phone: (706) 965-2355, Fax: (706) 965-3755, Email:
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:3
- In Bridge Tenders Control House On E Side 200 Ft From S End (Lat: 26.769222 Lon: -81.437306), Type: Bridg, Overall height: 0 m, Call Sign: WQZ467, Licensee ID: L00001437
Assigned Frequencies: 156.450 MHz, 156.600 MHz, 156.650 MHz, 156.800 MHz
Grant Date: 09/27/2003, Expiration Date: 12/16/2013
Registrant: State Of Florida, 605 Suwannee St. Ms90, Tallaahassee, FL 32399-0450, Phone: (850) 410-5600, Fax: (850) 410-5501, Email:
- 1000 Marina Dr (Lat: 26.772833 Lon: -81.391194), Type: Building, Overall height: 3 m, Call Sign: WRV559, Licensee ID: L00679067
Assigned Frequencies: 156.425 MHz, 156.450 MHz, 156.800 MHz
Grant Date: 05/02/2003, Expiration Date: 05/21/2013
Registrant: Port Labelle Marina Inc, 1000 Marine Way, Labelle, FL 33975
- La Belle Municipal Airport (Lat: 26.740583 Lon: -81.431250), Type: Bant, Structure height: 6 m, Call Sign: WQNY807
Assigned Frequencies: 122.800 MHz
Grant Date: 07/12/2011, Expiration Date: 07/12/2021, Certifier: Shane Parker
Registrant: Aviation Spectrum Resources Inc, 2551 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD 21401, Phone: (410) 266-2132, Fax: (410) 573-3003, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in La Belle)
|Businesses in La Belle, FL|
|Circle K||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Jones New York||1|
La Belle on our top lists:
- #15 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (population 5,000+)"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Waiters and waitresses (population 5,000+)"
- #18 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in agriculture workers' dormitories on farms"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (population 5,000+)"
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales and related occupations: (population 5,000+)"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Waiters and waitresses (population 5,000+)"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Librarians, curators, and archivists (population 5,000+)"
- #95 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas (pop. 5,000+)"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2014.