Lake City, Colorado
Lake City: Church
Lake City: Church
Lake City: Log House
Lake City: Church
Lake City: Store Front
Lake City: First National Bank
Lake City: Lake City, Public Library, August 2008
Lake City: River near Lake City, August 2008
Lake City: Lake City Firestation
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||52.6 years|
|Colorado median age:||36.7 years|
Zip codes: 81235.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $31,214 (it was $23,392 in 2000)
Lake City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $310,638 (it was $225,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $410,196; Detached houses: $408,149
Median gross rent in 2016: $791.
Races in Lake City, CO (2010)
- 37692.2%White alone
- 102.5%Two or more races
- 51.2%Other race alone
- 41.0%American Indian alone
- 10.2%Black alone
- 10.2%Asian alone
|Lake City, Colorado (5 replies)|
|Are people delusional about Denver's climate? (378 replies)|
|Don't understand the whole Denver is not cheap spiel. (156 replies)|
|Denver more expensive then much wealthier metropolitan areas (181 replies)|
|Relocating from Salt Lake City to Denver (13 replies)|
|Denver's Future (102 replies)|
Latest news from Lake City, CO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (28.0%), German (18.7%), Italian (3.3%), American (2.7%), Australian (2.7%), French (2.7%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 8658 feet
Land area: 0.84 square miles.
Population density: 451 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Lake City:
- High school or higher: 98.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 40.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.7%
- Unemployed: 0.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lake City town:
- Never married: 11.8%
- Now married: 67.5%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 12.1%
10 residents are foreign born (1.4% Europe, 0.5% Asia).
According to our research of Colorado and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Lake City, Colorado as of January 18, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Lake City to the number of sex offenders is 196 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,027 (0.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,161 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pueblo, CO (147.3 miles , pop. 102,121).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Colorado Springs, CO (148.1 miles , pop. 360,890).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (410.4 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Cathedral, CO (4.0 miles) , Ouray, CO (4.4 miles ), Portland, CO (4.6 miles) , Sapinero, CO (4.8 miles ), City of Creede, CO (4.9 miles ), Silverton, CO (4.9 miles ), Creede, CO (5.0 miles ), Ridgway, CO (5.1 miles ).
Latitude: 38.03 N, Longitude: 107.31 W
Area code: 970
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (38%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (5%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Public administration (23%)
- Information (15%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (33%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (4%)
- Management occupations (24%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (22%)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (7%)
- Community and social service occupations (7%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
Average climate in Lake City, Colorado
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Lake City-area historical earthquake activity is above Colorado state average. It is 205% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 571.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi) earthquake occurred 579.5 miles away from Lake City center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 537.6 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 9/13/1994 at 06:01:23, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 ML, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 37.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/16/1999 at 09:46:44, a magnitude 7.4 (6.3 MB, 7.4 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.3 ML) earthquake occurred 563.5 miles away from Lake City center
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 159.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hinsdale County (6) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Landslides: 2, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: C. Jasper Bell - Politician.
airports located in Lake City:
- Castle Lakes Airport (CD32) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake City:
- Western State Colorado University (about 42 miles; Gunnison, CO; Full-time enrollment: 2,023)
- Fort Lewis College (about 61 miles; Durango, CO; FT enrollment: 3,631)
- Adams State University (about 88 miles; Alamosa, CO; FT enrollment: 2,805)
- Colorado Mesa University (about 99 miles; Grand Junction, CO; FT enrollment: 7,671)
- San Juan College (about 99 miles; Farmington, NM; FT enrollment: 5,112)
- Colorado Mountain College (about 105 miles; Glenwood Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 3,463)
- Pikes Peak Community College (about 146 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 10,395)
Public high school in Lake City:
- LAKE CITY COMMUNITY SCHOOL (Students: 96, Location: 614 NORTH SILVER STREET, Grades: PK-12)
Notable locations in Lake City: Hinsdale County Emergency Medical Service (A), Lake City Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Henson Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Hinsdale County Museum (130 North Silver), Combined Court Clerk (Recreation Areas; 0327 North Henson).
Hotels: Alpine Moose Lodge (1221 North Highway 149), Benvenuto John A (301 Gunnison Avenue), Crystal Lodge (South Highway 149 South), Lake City Resort (307 South Gunnison Avenue).
Court: Colorado State Government - Courts- Hinsdale County Combined Court- County & District Court- (300 Henson).
(15.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents)
|This town:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
Banks with branches in Lake City (2011 data):
- Pine River Valley Bank: Lake City Branch at 231 Silver Street, branch established on 2007/04/02. Info updated 2007/06/01: Bank assets: $145.2 mil, Deposits: $129.7 mil, headquarters in Bayfield, CO, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Pine River Bank Corp.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lake City town (based on Hinsdale County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hinsdale County:||11.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hinsdale County:||23.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||71.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Lake City, CO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||9||$9,654||$12,872||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$127|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$2,744||$32,928||1||$354|
|Totals for Government||14||$19,858||$17,021||2||$481|
9.62% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,286 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
11.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($18,657 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake City:
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KUBC (580 AM; 5 kW; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: WOODLAND COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KIUP (930 AM; 5 kW; DURANGO, CO; Owner: FOUR CORNERS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KJOL (620 AM; 10 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: UNITED MINISTRIES)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KAVP (1450 AM; 1 kW; COLONA, CO; Owner: WS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake City:
- K209CC (89.7 FM; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KKXK (94.1 FM; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: WOODLAND COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KWGL (105.7 FM; OURAY, CO; Owner: WS COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KOTO (91.7 FM; TELLURIDE, CO; Owner: SAN MIGUEL EDUCATIONAL FUND, INC.)
- KPRH (88.3 FM; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: PUBLIC BROADCASTING OF COLORADO INC)
- KBNG (103.7 FM; RIDGWAY, CO; Owner: WOODLAND COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KIQX (101.3 FM; DURANGO, CO; Owner: FOUR CORNERS BROADCASTINGS, LLC)
- KUTE (90.1 FM; IGNACIO, CO; Owner: KUTE, INC.)
- K210BA (89.9 FM; PURGATORY, ETC., CO; Owner: KUTE, INC.)
- KRSJ (100.5 FM; DURANGO, CO; Owner: FOUR CORNERS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- K204BR (88.7 FM; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: NORTH FORK VALLEY PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KVMT (89.1 FM; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: NORTH FORK VALLEY PUBLIC RADIO, INC)
- K232DA (94.3 FM; HESPERUS, CO; Owner: NATIVE AMERICAN CHRISTIAN VOICE, INC.)
- K237CR (95.3 FM; HESPERUS, CO; Owner: NATIVE AMERICAN CHRISTIAN VOICE, INC.)
- KRYD (104.9 FM; NORWOOD, CO; Owner: ROCKY III INVESTMENTS, INC.)
- K228CG (93.5 FM; LAKE CITY, ETC., CO; Owner: PASSWORD, INC)
- K292AK (106.3 FM; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE CTY. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
TV broadcast stations around Lake City:
- K10EA (Channel 10; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
- K04HG (Channel 4; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
- K12KV (Channel 12; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
- K08GV (Channel 8; LAKE CITY, CO; Owner: HINSDALE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE)
Lake City fatal accident list:
Feb 10, 2002 09:00 AM, Cinnamon Pass Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 5m16ftTotal length
- $775,000Total costs
- 2,733Total average daily traffic
- 130Total average daily truck traffic
- 4,251Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lake City and their reported violations in the past:LAKE CITY TOWN OF (Population served: 408, Groundwater under infl of surface water):
Past monitoring violations:VICKERS RANCH (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
- 6 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:WOODLAKE PARK (Population served: 81, Groundwater):
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- 3 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
|Most common first names in Lake City, CO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lake City, CO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (45%)
- Wood (23%)
- Electricity (19%)
- Utility gas (8%)
- Solar energy (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Lake City compared to Colorado state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Lake City on our top lists:
- #29 on the list of "Top 100 highest located cities"
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest total withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2018.