Lake City, Texas
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||43.2 years|
|Texas median age:||34.0 years|
Zip codes: 78368.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $18,242 (it was $20,457 in 2000)
Lake City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $81,800 (it was $53,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $116,911; Detached houses: $121,920; Townhouses or other attached units: $83,895; In 2-unit structures: $58,222; Mobile homes: $79,628; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $32,771
Median gross rent in 2013: $496.
Races in Lake City, TX (2010)
- 32062.9%White alone
- 40.8%Two or more races
- 10.2%Black alone
- 10.2%Other race alone
|The reserve at clear lake city (242 replies)|
|Salt Lake City vs Dallas (12 replies)|
|Really, Houston?? (419 replies)|
|How rough is the economy out there? (111 replies)|
|I've never been so proud of this city (144 replies)|
|Does anyone have anything good to say about Baytown, TX? (100 replies)|
Latest news from Lake City, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (12.7%), German (11.2%), United States (9.0%), English (5.2%), Scotch-Irish (2.3%), Greek (2.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 110 feet
Land area: 0.64 square miles.
Population density: 812 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Lake City:
- High school or higher: 84.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.5%
- Unemployed: 9.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 36.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lake City town:
- Never married: 14.9%
- Now married: 46.2%
- Separated: 7.4%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 27.0%
17 residents are foreign born (1.9% Latin America, 0.3% Europe).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,101 (1.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,049 (1.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Corpus Christi, TX (37.6 miles , pop. 277,454).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: San Antonio, TX (102.2 miles , pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: Edgewater Estates, TX (1.3 miles) , Pernitas Point, TX (1.3 miles ), Edgewater-Paisano, TX (1.3 miles) , Paisano Park, TX (1.4 miles) , Lakeshore Gardens-Hidden Acres, TX (1.9 miles ), Mathis, TX (1.9 miles ), Sandia, TX (2.0 miles ), Casa Blanca, TX (2.4 miles) .
Latitude: 28.08 N, Longitude: 97.89 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 361
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Transportation and warehousing (14%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Construction (8%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (25%)
- Finance and insurance (20%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (4%)
- Production occupations (16%)
- Transportation occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (52%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (5%)
- Healthcare support occupations (4%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (3%)
Average climate in Lake City, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lake City-area historical tornado activity is below Texas state average. It is 23% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/16/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 4.8 miles away from the Lake City town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 4/29/1976, a category F3 tornado 17.2 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lake City-area historical earthquake activity is below Texas state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 52.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 364.2 miles away from Lake City center
On 3/24/1997 at 22:31:34, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 27.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/7/2008 at 09:51:12, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 MB, 3.9 MW, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 58.8 miles away from the city center
On 7/20/1991 at 23:38:19, a magnitude 3.6 (3.4 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 58.1 miles away from Lake City center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 382.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in San Patricio County (22) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 12, Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 3, Tropical Storms: 2, Winds: 2, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Bobby Burling - Soccer player.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake City:
- Coastal Bend College (about 26 miles; Beeville, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,880)
- Del Mar College (about 37 miles; Corpus Christi, TX; FT enrollment: 5,213)
- Texas A & M University-Kingsville (about 39 miles; Kingsville, TX; FT enrollment: 9,295)
- Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi (about 43 miles; Corpus Christi, TX; FT enrollment: 9,092)
- Victoria College (about 76 miles; Victoria, TX; FT enrollment: 2,730)
- University of Houston-Victoria (about 76 miles; Victoria, TX; FT enrollment: 3,110)
- Palo Alto College (about 95 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 5,055)
(34.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lake City town (based on San Patricio County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|San Patricio County:||1.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Patricio County:||1.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Patricio County:||5.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Patricio County:||27.1%|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Lake City, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
8.40% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,493 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved from foreign countries ($181 average AGI)
San Patricio County: 0.06% Texas average: 0.08%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Nueces County, TX||2.58% ($36,324 average AGI)|
|from Aransas County, TX||0.51% ($36,361)|
|from Bexar County, TX||0.37% ($29,151)|
9.23% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($38,468 average adjusted gross income)
0.10% of residents moved to foreign countries ($519 average AGI)
San Patricio County: 0.10% Texas average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake City:
- KCTA (1030 AM; 50 kW; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF THE SOUTHWEST)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKYX (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WOAI (1200 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KGBT (1530 AM; 50 kW; HARLINGEN, TX; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KOPY (1070 AM; 1 kW; ALICE, TX; Owner: SENDERO MULTIMEDIA, INC.)
- KENS (1160 AM; 25 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: KENS-TV, INC.)
- KVOZ (890 AM; 12 kW; DEL MAR HILLS, TX; Owner: CONSOLIDATED RADIO, INC.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSAH (720 AM; 10 kW; UNIVERSAL CITY, TX; Owner: KSAH LICENSING, INC.)
- KIBL (1490 AM; 1 kW; BEEVILLE, TX; Owner: LA RADIO CRISTIANA NETWORK, INC.)
- KILE (1560 AM; 50 kW; BELLAIRE, TX; Owner: THE RAFTT CORPORATION)
- KDAE (1590 AM; 1 kW; SINTON, TX; Owner: NUECES RADIO PARTNERS, LP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake City:
- KMXR (93.9 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSAB (99.9 FM; ROBSTOWN, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KOUL (103.7 FM; SINTON, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KRYS-FM (99.1 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KFTX (97.5 FM; KINGSVILLE, TX; Owner: QUALITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KLTG (96.5 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KLUX (89.5 FM; ROBSTOWN, TX; Owner: DIOCESAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KRXB (107.1 FM; BEEVILLE, TX; Owner: SHAFFER COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC.)
- KKLM (88.7 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZFM (95.5 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: MALKAN FM ASSOCIATES)
- KMIQ (104.9 FM; ROBSTOWN, TX; Owner: COTTON BROADCASTING)
- KKBA (92.7 FM; KINGSVILLE, TX; Owner: OHIO BROADCAST ASSOCIATES)
- KBNJ (91.7 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: WORLD RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- KEDT-FM (90.3 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS PUBLIC BRAODCASTING SYSTEM)
- KNDA (102.9 FM; ALICE, TX; Owner: GUERRA ENTERPRISES)
- KLHB (98.3 FM; ODEM, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KUKA (105.9 FM; SAN DIEGO, TX; Owner: IDEAL MEDIA, INC.)
- KOPY-FM (92.1 FM; ALICE, TX; Owner: SCENDERO MULTIMEDIA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lake City:
- KZTV (Channel 10; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: EAGLE CREEK BROADCASTING OF CORPUS CHRISTI, LLC)
- KORO (Channel 28; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KIII (Channel 3; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 3 OF CORPUS CHRISTI, INC.)
- KRIS-TV (Channel 6; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: KVOA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KEDT (Channel 16; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- K50DW (Channel 50; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K57FC (Channel 57; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KXCC-CA (Channel 45; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: CASA OF CORPUS CHRISTI, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCCX-LP (Channel 50; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: LOCALONE TEXAS, LTD.)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: KD5EHX, Licensee ID: L01398242, Grant Date: 05/09/2008, Expiration Date: 05/21/2018, Certifier: Frank C Funke Jr, Registrant: Frank C Funke Jr, 23564 Park Road 25, Lake City, TX 78368
- Call Sign: W5ASD, Previous Call Sign: W5AUX, Licensee ID: L00224299, Grant Date: 04/03/2007, Expiration Date: 04/03/2017, Cancellation Date: 06/13/2015, Certifier: Stephen M Christoph, Registrant: Stephen M Christoph, 8284 Lakeview Dr, Lake City, TX 78368
- Call Sign: KF5WSS, Licensee ID: L01805144, Grant Date: 08/02/2013, Expiration Date: 08/02/2023, Certifier: Ruben P Bahena Jr, Registrant: Ruben P Bahena Jr, 428 Stephens Loop, Lake City, TX 78368
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (80%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (16%)
- No fuel used (2%)
- Utility gas (1%)
- Wood (1%)
Lake City compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.