Lake City, Texas
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||55.3 years|
|Texas median age:||34.5 years|
Zip codes: 78368.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $27,206 (it was $20,457 in 2000)
Lake City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $90,152 (it was $53,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $102,293; Detached houses: $109,196; Mobile homes: $75,724
Median gross rent in 2016: $552.
Races in Lake City, TX (2010)
- 32062.9%White alone
- 40.8%Two or more races
- 10.2%Black alone
- 10.2%Other race alone
|The reserve at clear lake city (242 replies)|
|Salt Lake City vs Dallas (12 replies)|
|Really, Houston?? (419 replies)|
|How rough is the economy out there? (111 replies)|
|I've never been so proud of this city (144 replies)|
|3k+ sq ft home for less than $400k (40 replies)|
Latest news from Lake City, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (13.7%), German (5.3%), English (3.7%), Irish (2.0%), French (1.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 110 feet
Land area: 0.64 square miles.
Population density: 812 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Lake City:
- High school or higher: 83.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
- Unemployed: 9.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 36.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lake City town:
- Never married: 21.0%
- Now married: 51.7%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 9.4%
- Divorced: 16.1%
25 residents are foreign born (3.3% Latin America, 0.7% Europe).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Lake City, Texas as of December 12, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Lake City to the number of sex offenders is 426 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,555 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $935 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Corpus Christi, TX (37.6 miles , pop. 277,454).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: San Antonio, TX (102.2 miles , pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: Edgewater Estates, TX (1.3 miles) , Pernitas Point, TX (1.3 miles ), Edgewater-Paisano, TX (1.3 miles) , Paisano Park, TX (1.4 miles) , Lakeshore Gardens-Hidden Acres, TX (1.9 miles ), Mathis, TX (1.9 miles ), Sandia, TX (2.0 miles ), Casa Blanca, TX (2.4 miles) .
Latitude: 28.08 N, Longitude: 97.89 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 361
Crime rates in Lake City (2016):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 rapes (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 robberies (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 assaults (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 burglaries (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 thefts (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 auto thefts (0.0 per 100,000)
- City-data.com crime rate = 0.0 (higher means more crime, US average = 236.5)
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.92|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Construction (17%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Health care and social assistance (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (5%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (21%)
- Sales and related occupations (16%)
- Management occupations (15%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (11%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (5%)
- Transportation occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (35%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Healthcare support occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (4%)
Average climate in Lake City, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lake City-area historical tornado activity is below Texas state average. It is 23% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/16/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 4.8 miles away from the Lake City town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 4/29/1976, a category F3 tornado 17.2 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lake City-area historical earthquake activity is below Texas state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 52.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 364.2 miles away from Lake City center
On 3/24/1997 at 22:31:34, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 27.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/7/2008 at 09:51:12, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 MB, 3.9 MW, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 58.8 miles away from the city center
On 7/20/1991 at 23:38:19, a magnitude 3.6 (3.4 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 58.1 miles away from Lake City center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 382.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in San Patricio County (23) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 16
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 12, Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 3, Fires: 2, Tropical Storms: 2, Winds: 2, Heavy Rain: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Bobby Burling - Soccer player.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake City:
- Coastal Bend College (about 26 miles; Beeville, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,880)
- Del Mar College (about 37 miles; Corpus Christi, TX; FT enrollment: 5,213)
- Texas A & M University-Kingsville (about 39 miles; Kingsville, TX; FT enrollment: 9,295)
- Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi (about 43 miles; Corpus Christi, TX; FT enrollment: 9,092)
- Victoria College (about 76 miles; Victoria, TX; FT enrollment: 2,730)
- University of Houston-Victoria (about 76 miles; Victoria, TX; FT enrollment: 3,110)
- Palo Alto College (about 95 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 5,055)
(18.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 7.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lake City town (based on San Patricio County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|San Patricio County:||1.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Patricio County:||1.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Patricio County:||5.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|San Patricio County:||27.1%|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Lake City, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
8.40% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,493 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved from foreign countries ($181 average AGI)
San Patricio County: 0.06% Texas average: 0.08%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Nueces County, TX||2.58% ($36,324 average AGI)|
|from Aransas County, TX||0.51% ($36,361)|
|from Bexar County, TX||0.37% ($29,151)|
9.23% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($38,468 average adjusted gross income)
0.10% of residents moved to foreign countries ($519 average AGI)
San Patricio County: 0.10% Texas average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake City:
- KCTA (1030 AM; 50 kW; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF THE SOUTHWEST)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKYX (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WOAI (1200 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KGBT (1530 AM; 50 kW; HARLINGEN, TX; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KOPY (1070 AM; 1 kW; ALICE, TX; Owner: SENDERO MULTIMEDIA, INC.)
- KENS (1160 AM; 25 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: KENS-TV, INC.)
- KVOZ (890 AM; 12 kW; DEL MAR HILLS, TX; Owner: CONSOLIDATED RADIO, INC.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSAH (720 AM; 10 kW; UNIVERSAL CITY, TX; Owner: KSAH LICENSING, INC.)
- KIBL (1490 AM; 1 kW; BEEVILLE, TX; Owner: LA RADIO CRISTIANA NETWORK, INC.)
- KILE (1560 AM; 50 kW; BELLAIRE, TX; Owner: THE RAFTT CORPORATION)
- KDAE (1590 AM; 1 kW; SINTON, TX; Owner: NUECES RADIO PARTNERS, LP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake City:
- KMXR (93.9 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSAB (99.9 FM; ROBSTOWN, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KOUL (103.7 FM; SINTON, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KRYS-FM (99.1 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KFTX (97.5 FM; KINGSVILLE, TX; Owner: QUALITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KLTG (96.5 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KLUX (89.5 FM; ROBSTOWN, TX; Owner: DIOCESAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KRXB (107.1 FM; BEEVILLE, TX; Owner: SHAFFER COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC.)
- KKLM (88.7 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZFM (95.5 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: MALKAN FM ASSOCIATES)
- KMIQ (104.9 FM; ROBSTOWN, TX; Owner: COTTON BROADCASTING)
- KKBA (92.7 FM; KINGSVILLE, TX; Owner: OHIO BROADCAST ASSOCIATES)
- KBNJ (91.7 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: WORLD RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- KEDT-FM (90.3 FM; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS PUBLIC BRAODCASTING SYSTEM)
- KNDA (102.9 FM; ALICE, TX; Owner: GUERRA ENTERPRISES)
- KLHB (98.3 FM; ODEM, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KUKA (105.9 FM; SAN DIEGO, TX; Owner: IDEAL MEDIA, INC.)
- KOPY-FM (92.1 FM; ALICE, TX; Owner: SCENDERO MULTIMEDIA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lake City:
- KZTV (Channel 10; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: EAGLE CREEK BROADCASTING OF CORPUS CHRISTI, LLC)
- KORO (Channel 28; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KIII (Channel 3; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 3 OF CORPUS CHRISTI, INC.)
- KRIS-TV (Channel 6; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: KVOA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KEDT (Channel 16; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- K50DW (Channel 50; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K57FC (Channel 57; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KXCC-CA (Channel 45; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: CASA OF CORPUS CHRISTI, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCCX-LP (Channel 50; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: LOCALONE TEXAS, LTD.)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: KD5EHX, Licensee ID: L01398242, Grant Date: 05/09/2008, Expiration Date: 05/21/2018, Certifier: Frank C Funke Jr, Registrant: Frank C Funke Jr, 23564 Park Road 25, Lake City, TX 78368
- Call Sign: W5ASD, Previous Call Sign: W5AUX, Licensee ID: L00224299, Grant Date: 04/03/2007, Expiration Date: 04/03/2017, Cancellation Date: 06/13/2015, Certifier: Stephen M Christoph, Registrant: Stephen M Christoph, 8284 Lakeview Dr, Lake City, TX 78368
- Call Sign: KF5WSS, Licensee ID: L01805144, Grant Date: 08/02/2013, Expiration Date: 08/02/2023, Certifier: Ruben P Bahena Jr, Registrant: Ruben P Bahena Jr, 428 Stephens Loop, Lake City, TX 78368
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (87%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (9%)
- No fuel used (3%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Lake City compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.