|Median resident age:||47.3 years|
|Colorado median age:||34.3 years|
Zip code: 80449
Lake George CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $223,490 (it was $157,600 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,709 (93.5%)
- Hispanic - 67 (3.7%)
- Two or more races - 32 (1.8%)
- American Indian alone - 11 (0.6%)
- Black alone - 7 (0.4%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.05%)
- Other race alone - 1 (0.05%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 7968 feet
Land area: 806.4 square miles.
Population density: 2.6 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Lake George:
- High school or higher: 92.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.7%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 43.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lake George CCD:
- Never married: 12.3%
- Now married: 69.8%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 13.3%
According to our research of Colorado and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Lake George, Colorado as of May 25, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Lake George to the number of sex offenders is 528 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Lake George CCD:||0.3% ($539)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Colorado Springs, CO (47.0 miles , pop. 360,890).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (514.5 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Guffey, CO (3.4 miles) , Florissant, CO (4.6 miles) , Johnson Village, CO (4.9 miles ), Buena Vista, CO (5.0 miles ), Midland, CO (5.2 miles) , Cripple Creek, CO (5.3 miles ), Cotopaxi, CO (5.4 miles ), Smeltertown, CO (5.4 miles) .
Latitude: 38.88 N, Longitude: 105.67 W
Area code: 719
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (25%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (21%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (10%)
- Health care (9%)
- Construction (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (4%)
- Other protective service workers including supervisors (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (4%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (4%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (10%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Waiters and waitresses (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Lake George, Colorado
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lake George-area historical tornado activity is below Colorado state average. It is 64% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/13/1977, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 34.9 miles away from the Lake George place center .
On 6/24/1979, a category F3 tornado 40.2 miles away from the place center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lake George-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Colorado state average. It is 120% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 553.7 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 243.3 miles away from Lake George center
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 144.1 miles away from the city center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 418.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/3/2007 at 14:34:38, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.4 MW, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 132.2 miles away from Lake George center
On 9/13/1994 at 06:01:23, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 ML, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 134.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Park County (8) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 5, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Airports located in Lake George:
- Antelope Airpark Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake George:
- United States Air Force Academy (about 43 miles; USAFA, CO; Full-time enrollment: 5,088)
- Colorado Technical University-Online (about 45 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 22,771)
- Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs (about 45 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 2,049)
- Colorado College (about 46 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 2,199)
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs (about 47 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 8,700)
- Pikes Peak Community College (about 48 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 10,395)
- Arapahoe Community College (about 62 miles; Littleton, CO; FT enrollment: 6,619)
Public elementary/middle school in Lake George:
- Lake George Charter School (Students: 63; Location: 37888 US HIGHWAY 24; Grades: PK-6)
Notable locations in Lake George: Hot Springs (A), Hartsel Ranch (B), Spruce Campground (C), Firees Ranch (D), Fehling Ranch (E), Bassam Guard Station (F), Nash Ranch (G), Campbell Ranch (H), T Cross Ranch (I), Teaspoon Ranch (J), Shimmins Camp (K), Wilson Ranch (L), Fehlings Cow Camp (M), Marshall Ranch (N), Parrot Homestead (O), Jacobs Homestead (P), Gibson Homestead (Q), Nedrow Homestead (R), Walker Homestead (S), Adleman Homestead (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Hartsel Cemetery (1), Rocky Cemetery (2), Lake George Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Spinney Mountain Reservoir (A), Wagon Tongue Reservoir (B), Lake George Reservoir (C), O Y E Reservoir (D), Wagon Tongue Reservoir (E), Elevenmile Canyon Reservoir (F), Lake George (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Vermillion Creek (A), Beaver Creek (B), Crystal Creek (C), Middle Fork South Platte River (D), South Fork South Platte River (E), Corral Creek (F), Beaver Dam Creek (G), Reader Creek (H), Tarryall Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Lake George include: Elevenmile State Recreation Area (1), Horse Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Eleven Mile Motel (38122 USHighway 24) (1), Big Jim's Lake George Inn (38283 USHighway 24) (2). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2011 was 82.6. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2011 was 51.2. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 18.2 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lake George and their reported violations in the past:TRAVEL PORT CG (Population served: 52, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One regular monitoring violation
|This place:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Lake George compared to Colorado state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (60%)
- Wood (24%)
- Electricity (10%)
- Solar energy (2%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lake George CCD (based on Park County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 11.87%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Baptist General Conference||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Southern Baptist Convention||Seventh-Day Adventist Church||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Park County:||2.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Park County:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
10.41% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,899 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Jefferson County, CO||2.15% ($44,530 average AGI)|
|from Summit County, CO||0.80% ($33,372)|
|from Denver County, CO||0.71% ($33,237)|
10.95% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($41,345 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake George:
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KCBR (1040 AM; daytime; 15 kW; MONUMENT, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KCUV (1510 AM; 25 kW; LITTLETON, CO; Owner: PEOPLE WIRELESS, INC.)
- KCMN (1530 AM; 15 kW; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KWYD (1580 AM; 10 kW; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KNRC (1150 AM; 10 kW; ENGLEWOOD, CO; Owner: NRC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KSKE (610 AM; 5 kW; VAIL, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KEZW (1430 AM; 10 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTERCOM DENVER LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake George:
- K239AE (95.7 FM; BUENA VISTA, ETC, CO; Owner: COLORADO COLLEGE)
- K208DP (89.5 FM; NATHROP, CO; Owner: CHEYENNE MTN PUBLIC B/CAST HOUSE INC)
- KSBV (93.7 FM; SALIDA, CO; Owner: ARKANSAS VALLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KTLC (89.1 FM; CANON CITY, CO; Owner: MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOUNDATION, INC.)
- KKFM (98.1 FM; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBIQ (102.7 FM; MANITOU SPRINGS, CO; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KKCS-FM (101.9 FM; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: WALTON STATIONS - COLORADO, INC.)
- KRCC (91.5 FM; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: THE COLORADO COLLEGE)
- KSKX (105.5 FM; SECURITY, CO; Owner: OPTIMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KKLI (106.3 FM; WIDEFIELD, CO; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGFT (100.7 FM; PUEBLO, CO; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC)
- KTLF (90.5 FM; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS OF COLORADO SPRINGS, INC.)
- KSPZ (92.9 FM; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KVUU (99.9 FM; PUEBLO, CO; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KMOM (96.1 FM; FOUNTAIN, CO; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCME (88.7 FM; MANITOU SPRINGS, CO; Owner: CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN PUBLIC BROADCAST HOUSE, INC)
- KILO (94.3 FM; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: COLORADO SPRINGS RADIO BCSTERS, INC.)
- KBVC (104.1 FM; BUENA VISTA, CO; Owner: HEADWATERS MEDIA, L.L.C.)
- KRDO-FM (95.1 FM; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: THE PIKES PEAK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KEPC (89.7 FM; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Owner: PIKES PEAK COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Lake George)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- Approx 6 Mi Ssw (Lat: 38.870000 Lon: -105.452778), Call Sign: WFX486
Assigned Frequencies: 153.935 MHz
Grant Date: 10/23/2004, Expiration Date: 10/23/2014, Cancellation Date: 07/13/2009
Registrant: Colorado Springs Utilities, 215 Nichols Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80947-1321, Phone: (719) 668-3910, Fax: (719) 668-3910, Email:
- Us Hwy 24 (Lat: 38.986667 Lon: -105.363056), Type: Pole, Structure height: 6 m, Call Sign: WNWK777
Assigned Frequencies: 452.500 MHz
Grant Date: 01/12/2005, Expiration Date: 04/06/2015
Registrant: State Of Colorado, 601 East 18th Avenue, Suite 250, Denver, CO 80203, Phone: (303) 764-7700, Fax: (303) 764-7764, Email:
- Eleven Mi State Pk Camper Serv Bldg (Lat: 38.935833 Lon: -105.486944), Type: Building, Structure height: 5 m, Call Sign: WPGR224
Assigned Frequencies: 155.475 MHz
Grant Date: 12/03/2004, Expiration Date: 03/01/2015
Registrant: State Of Colorado, 601 East 18th Avenue, Suite 250, Denver, CO 80203, Phone: (303) 764-7700, Fax: (303) 764-7982, Email:
- Lat: 38.975722 Lon: -105.354750, Call Sign: WQPB930
Assigned Frequencies: 72.1000 MHz, 72.1800 MHz
Grant Date: 04/02/2012, Expiration Date: 04/02/2022, Certifier: Pat Lewis
Registrant: Primex Wireless, Inc., 965 Wells Street, Lake Geneva, WI 53147, Phone: (800) 537-0464
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:24 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Lake George)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-22-150 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 94 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2551P , Serial Number: 22-2915, Year manufactured: 1955, Airworthiness Date: 03/13/1956
Registrant (Individual): James C Rodgers, 1600 Pulver Rd, Lake George, CO 80827
- Aircraft: SAAR DON L RANS S-6 ES (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: BOMBARDIER ROTAX (ALL) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 92667 , Serial Number: 0695825, Year manufactured: 1995, Airworthiness Date: 11/30/1995
Registrant (Individual): Don L Saar, 2253 Vagabond Creek Dr, Lake George, CO 80827
- Aircraft: VANDEPUTTE GREGORY C V6 STOL (Category: Amphibian, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: FORD CONVERSION (60 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 963A , Serial Number: 0002, Airworthiness Date: 12/29/1993
Registrant (Individual): James C Rodgers, 1600 Pulver Rd, Lake George, CO 80827
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Lake George on our top lists:
- #63 on the list of "Top 100 highest located cities"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Construction"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"