|Median resident age:||59.3 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip code: 04487
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $127,245 (it was $72,900 in 2000)
- White alone - 100 (95.2%)
- Asian alone - 3 (2.9%)
- Two or more races - 2 (1.9%)
Ancestries: English (17.5%), United States (12.7%), French (9.5%), Irish (7.9%), German (4.8%), Portuguese (4.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 58.1 square miles.
Population density: 1.8 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Lakeville:
- High school or higher: 79.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 44.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lakeville town:
- Never married: 24.1%
- Now married: 57.4%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 3.7%
- Divorced: 14.8%
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Lakeville, Maine as of June 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Lakeville to the number of sex offenders is 60 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Lakeville town:||0.3% ($240)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (157.9 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (256.4 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (426.2 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Springfield, ME (2.8 miles ), Lee, ME (3.4 miles ), Talmadge, ME (3.8 miles) , Burlington, ME (4.0 miles ), Topsfield, ME (4.0 miles ), Winn, ME (4.3 miles ), Mattawamkeag, ME (4.3 miles ), Waite, ME (4.5 miles) .
Latitude: 45.31 N, Longitude: 68.06 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
Earthquake activity:Lakeville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 67.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 283.1 miles away from Lakeville center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 323.3 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 215.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/16/1994 at 07:01:54, a magnitude 3.6 (3.5 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 7.0 miles away from Lakeville center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 8.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Penobscot County (17) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Snows: 5, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lakeville:
- University of Maine (about 42 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 50 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 109 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 112 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 158 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 158 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- University of Southern Maine (about 159 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Notable locations in Lakeville: Budge Farm (A), Carry Farm (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and swamps: Upper Pug Lake (A), Upper Sysladobsis Lake (B), Bottle Lake (C), Duck Lake (D), Horseshoe Lake (E), Keg Lake (F), Lombard Lake (G), Lower Pug Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Little Taylor Brook (A), Spaulding Brook (B), Upper Pug Stream (C), Upper Sysladobsis Stream (D), Weymouth Brook (E), Lombard Stream (F), Rand Brook (G), Getchell Brook (H), Lowell Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||1.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Lakeville compared to Maine state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (59%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (41%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lakeville town (based on Penobscot County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 33.68%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||United Church of Christ||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Episcopal Church|
|Name||Non-Charismatic Churches Independent||National Association of Congregational Christian Churches||Jewish||LDS (Mormon) Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Penobscot County:||2.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Penobscot County:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Penobscot County:||5.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
4.81% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,478 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($304 average AGI)
Penobscot County: 0.04% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Hancock County, ME||0.44% ($29,886 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.34% ($36,835)|
|from Aroostook County, ME||0.32% ($29,433)|
5.52% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,804 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved to foreign countries ($387 average AGI)
Penobscot County: 0.03% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lakeville:
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lakeville:
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHMX (105.7 FM; LINCOLN, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: N1EDB, Licensee ID: L00381967
Grant Date: 02/09/2006, Expiration Date: 05/03/2016, Certifier: Frederick W Burrill
Registrant: Frederick W Burrill, 66 Eagle Ridge Rd, Lakeville, ME 04487
- Call Sign: N2ATC, Licensee ID: L00851852
Grant Date: 04/02/2007, Expiration Date: 05/03/2016, Certifier: James A Doms
Registrant: James A Doms, 1251 Bottle Lake Rd, Lakeville, ME 04487
State forum archive: