Lanai City, Hawaii
Lanai City: Hawaiian Sunset
Lanai City: Manele Bay
Lanai City: shark bay next to sweetheart rock
Lanai City: Koele Stables at Sunset
Lanai City: Lanai, Sweet Heart Island
Lanai City: Lanai, Hawaii, Manele Bay
Lanai City: avola?
Lanai City: lanai country
Submit your own pictures of this place and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||41.4 years|
|Hawaii median age:||38.9 years|
Zip codes: 96763.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $26,137 (it was $18,668 in 2000)
Lanai City CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $422,777 (it was $143,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $427,027; Detached houses: $430,328; Townhouses or other attached units: $435,919
Median gross rent in 2016: $973.
Races in Lanai City, HI (2016)
- 2,01257.4%Asian alone
- 42312.1%Two or more races
- 42112.0%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 2848.1%White alone
- 270.8%Black alone
- 100.3%American Indian alone
|Thinking about moving to Lanai from the Mainland? DON'T. (8 replies)|
|Please Tell Me This Weather Forecast for Maui is Wrong (27 replies)|
|Considering moving to Lanai from Texas (48 replies)|
|Anyone have advice about Lanai? (5 replies)|
|Questions about Lanai (22 replies)|
Latest news from Lanai City, HI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (1.3%).
Current Local Time: HST (no DST) time zone
Elevation: 1624 feet
Land area: 3.57 square miles.
Population density: 868 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Lanai City:
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.5%
- Unemployed: 5.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lanai City CDP:
- Never married: 27.1%
- Now married: 54.9%
- Separated: 4.7%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 7.5%
1,062 residents are foreign born (26.4% Asia, 5.1% Oceania).
According to our research of Hawaii and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Lanai City, Hawaii as of August 16, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Lanai City to the number of sex offenders is 501 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $918 (0.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $403 (0.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Honolulu, HI (67.2 miles , pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (2519.1 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Lanai, HI (0.6 miles ), Manele, HI (2.5 miles) , Lahaina, HI (4.1 miles ), Kaanapali, HI (4.2 miles ), Launiupoko, HI (4.2 miles ), Ualapu'e, HI (4.2 miles ), Napili-Honokowai, HI (4.3 miles ), Kaunakakai, HI (4.4 miles ).
Latitude: 20.83 N, Longitude: 156.92 W
Area code: 808
Unemployment by year (%)
- Accommodation and food services (41%)
- Construction (18%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (43%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (4%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (19%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (18%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (17%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (4%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (21%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (18%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (9%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (5%)
Average climate in Lanai City, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Lanai City-area historical earthquake activity is near Hawaii state average. It is 64% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/29/1975 at 14:47:40, a magnitude 7.2 (6.0 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 UK, 7.2 MS, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 155.2 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths)
On 8/21/1951 at 10:57:00, a magnitude 6.9 (6.9 UK, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 95.6 miles away from Lanai City center
On 10/15/2006 at 17:07:49, a magnitude 6.7 (6.2 MB, 6.6 MS, 6.7 MW, Depth: 24.2 mi) earthquake occurred 90.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/16/1983 at 16:13:00, a magnitude 6.7 (6.4 MB, 6.7 MS, 6.7 MW) earthquake occurred 139.0 miles away from the city center, causing $6,000,000 total damage
On 4/26/1973 at 20:26:28, a magnitude 6.3 (6.0 MB, 6.1 MS, 6.3 UK, 6.2 ML) earthquake occurred 132.3 miles away from Lanai City center
On 10/15/2006 at 17:14:12, a magnitude 6.0 (5.8 MB, 6.0 MW, Depth: 11.7 mi) earthquake occurred 77.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Maui County (14) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Fires: 4, Storms: 4, Heavy Rains: 2, High Surfs: 2, Landslides: 2, Mudslides: 2, Earthquake: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Tsunami Wave: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Lanai City:
airports located in Lanai City:
- Lanai Airport (LNY) (Runways: 1, Commercial Ops: 3,616, Air Taxi Ops: 4,302, Itinerant Ops: 200, Local Ops: 500, Military Ops: 70)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lanai City:
- University of Hawaii Maui College (about 29 miles; Kahului, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,492)
- Kapiolani Community College (about 65 miles; Honolulu, HI; FT enrollment: 5,069)
- Chaminade University of Honolulu (about 66 miles; Honolulu, HI; FT enrollment: 2,610)
- University of Hawaii at Manoa (about 67 miles; Honolulu, HI; FT enrollment: 16,461)
- Hawaii Pacific University (about 70 miles; Honolulu, HI; FT enrollment: 5,506)
- Honolulu Community College (about 71 miles; Honolulu, HI; FT enrollment: 2,538)
- Leeward Community College (about 79 miles; Pearl City, HI; FT enrollment: 4,589)
Public high school in Lanai City:
- LANAI HIGH & ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 542, Location: 555 FRASER AVE, Grades: PK-12)
Notable locations in Lanai City: Cavendish Golf Course (A), American Medical Response Station Medic 13 Lanai (B), Lāna‘i Public and School Library (C), Lanai Fire Station (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Lanai City include: Lāna‘i Union Church (A), Lāna‘i Seventh Day Adventist Church (B), Lāna‘i Hongwanji Mission Home (C), Lāna‘i Baptist Church (D), Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (E), First Assembly of God Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Lanai City: Dole Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Four Seasons Resort at Manele Bay (One Manele Bay Road), Hotel Lanai (828 Lanai Avenue), Henry Clay's Rotisserie (828 Lanai Avenue), The Manele Bay Hotel (1 Manele Bay Road).
(4.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 38.8% for Black residents, 37.4% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents)
|This place:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Banks with branches in Lanai City (2011 data):
- First Hawaiian Bank: Lanai Branch at 644 Lanai Avenue, branch established on 1924/04/01. Info updated 2012/02/02: Bank assets: $15,830.2 mil, Deposits: $12,165.6 mil, headquarters in Honolulu, HI, positive income, 59 total offices, Holding Company: Bnp Paribas
- Bank of Hawaii: Lanai Branch at 460 Eighth Street, branch established on 1904/01/01. Info updated 2010/09/12: Bank assets: $13,868.5 mil, Deposits: $10,599.9 mil, headquarters in Honolulu, HI, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 71 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of Hawaii Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Neighborhoods in Lanai City:(Lanai City, Hawaii Neighborhood Map)
Religion statistics for Lanai City CDP (based on Maui County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Maui County:||2.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hawaii:||2.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maui County:||1.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hawaii:||1.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maui County:||2.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||13.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.00 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Lanai City, HI Residents
4.99% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,868 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved from foreign countries ($298 average AGI)
Maui County: 0.05% Hawaii average: 0.31%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Honolulu County, HI||0.71% ($35,327 average AGI)|
|from Hawaii County, HI||0.24% ($35,265)|
|from Los Angeles County, CA||0.20% ($37,292)|
4.63% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($37,160 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved to foreign countries ($714 average AGI)
Maui County: 0.08% Hawaii average: 0.28%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lanai City:
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KSSK (590 AM; 8 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHVH (830 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KLHT (1040 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF HONOLULU, INC.)
- KHCM (940 AM; 10 kW; WAIPAHU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KUMU (1500 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF OAHU LICENSE LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lanai City:
- KPOA (93.5 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- K220HA (91.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K210CM (89.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KONI (104.7 FM; LANAI CITY, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII PUBLISHING, INC.)
- KLHI-FM (101.1 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUI-FM (99.9 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KJMD (98.3 FM; PUKALANI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- K244DN (96.7 FM; HONOKOWA, ETC., HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KAOI-FM (95.1 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT INC)
- K272CT (102.3 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KXME (104.3 FM; KANEOHE, HI; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KRTR-FM (96.3 FM; KAILUA, HI; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- K205EB (88.9 FM; LANAI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Lanai City fatal accident list:
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lanai City and their reported violations in the past:LANAI CITY (Population served: 2,800, Groundwater):
Past health violations:MANELE BAY (Population served: 520, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In FEB-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-11-2005), St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-11-2005), St Public Notif received (MAR-04-2005)
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JAN-2006, Contaminant: Coliform
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Lanai City, Hawaii:
- The Lodge At Ko'ele, 1 Keomoku Hwy, Lanai City, Hawaii 96763 , Phone: (800) 321-4666
- Manele Bay Hotel, Pobox 894, Lanai City, Hawaii 96763 , Phone: (808) 565-7700
- Manele Bay Hotel, 1 Manele Bay Rd, Lanai City, Hawaii 96763 , Phone: (808) 565-7700, Fax: (808) 565-2483
|Most common first names in Lanai City, HI among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lanai City, HI among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- No fuel used (87%)
- Electricity (11%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Lanai City compared to Hawaii state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Lanai City on our top lists:
- #15 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Philippines (population 500+)"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Oceania, n.e.c. (population 500+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in South Eastern Asia (population 500+)"
- #25 on the list of "Top 100 cities with strongest arts, entertainment, recreation, accommodation and food services industries"
- #26 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Oceania (population 500+)"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Malaysia (population 500+)"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Indonesia (population 500+)"
- #96 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Asia (population 500+)"
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest average weight of females"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that exercised in the past month"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Obama (Democrat) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Particulate Matter (PM2.5) Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest ground withdrawal of fresh water for public supply (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2018.