|Median resident age:||36.7 years|
|Tennessee median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 37770
Lancing CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $81,461 (it was $52,000 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,925 (98.0%)
- Two or more races - 26 (0.9%)
- Hispanic - 14 (0.5%)
- American Indian alone - 12 (0.4%)
- Black alone - 3 (0.1%)
- Asian alone - 4 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1189 feet
Land area: 140.5 square miles.
|Population density: 21 people per square mile||(very low).|
For population 25 years and over in Lancing:
- High school or higher: 58.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.5%
- Unemployed: 7.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 39.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lancing CCD:
- Never married: 18.7%
- Now married: 62.8%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 11.5%
According to our research of Tennessee and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Lancing, Tennessee as of January 29, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Lancing to the number of sex offenders is 739 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Lancing CCD:||0.8% ($426)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Knoxville, TN (45.1 miles , pop. 173,890).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Nashville-Davidson, TN (113.9 miles , pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (425.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Wartburg, TN (2.8 miles ), Sunbright, TN (2.8 miles ), Fairfield Glade, TN (3.7 miles ), Oakdale, TN (3.8 miles ), Elgin, TN (3.8 miles ), Robbins, TN (3.9 miles ), Petros, TN (4.0 miles ), Clarkrange, TN (4.1 miles ).
Latitude: 36.14 N, Longitude: 84.72 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 423
- Construction (20%)
- Transportation equipment (8%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Apparel (23%)
- Health care (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Social assistance (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (12%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (7%)
- Construction laborers (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (20%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (12%)
- Child care workers (7%)
- Cashiers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
Average climate in Lancing, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lancing-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Tennessee state average. It is 3% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 21.0 miles away from the Lancing place center killed 7 people and injured 150 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 24.0 miles away from the place center killed 10 people and injured 51 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lancing-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 149.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 48.6 miles away from Lancing center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 124.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 236.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 211.7 miles away from Lancing center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 201.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Morgan County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lancing:
- Roane State Community College (about 19 miles; Harriman, TN; Full-time enrollment: 4,302)
- Pellissippi State Community College (about 34 miles; Knoxville, TN; FT enrollment: 7,271)
- Tennessee Technological University (about 44 miles; Cookeville, TN; FT enrollment: 9,761)
- The University of Tennessee-Knoxville (about 47 miles; Knoxville, TN; FT enrollment: 25,483)
- University of the Cumberlands (about 52 miles; Williamsburg, KY; FT enrollment: 3,585)
- Somerset Community College (about 64 miles; Somerset, KY; FT enrollment: 4,698)
- Cleveland State Community College (about 66 miles; Cleveland, TN; FT enrollment: 2,500)
Notable locations in Lancing: Twin Bridges (A), Clear Creek Junction (B), Clarence B Lane Memorial Park and Firehall / Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Lancing include: Fairview Church (A), Flat Rock Church (B), Shady Grove Church (C), Potter Chapel (D), Pleasant Green Church (E), Clear Creek Church (F), Oak Grove Church (G), Cane Branch Church (H), Elizabeth Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Howard Cemetery (1), Hall Cemetery (2), Potters Chapel Cemetery (3), Pilot Mountain Cemetery (4), Nitzschke Cemetery (5), McCoy Cemetery (6), Friends Chapel Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Lyons Branch (A), Long Branch (B), Little Rock Creek (C), Little Creek (D), Bice Creek (E), Langley Branch (F), Young Creek (G), Jones Branch (H), Jim Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 85.5. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2005 was 1.89. This is about average. Closest monitor was 14.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 18.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 11.1. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 17.1 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Lancing compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (45%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (23%)
- Wood (15%)
- Electricity (10%)
- Other fuel (4%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (3%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Religion statistics for Lancing CCD (based on Morgan County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 46.46%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Lutheran Church||Seventh-Day Adventist Church||United Methodist Church||Church of God of Prophecy|
|Name||Church of the Nazarene||Catholic Church||Churches of Christ||Beachy Amish Mennonite Churches||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Morgan County:||2.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Morgan County:||0.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Morgan County:||5.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||1.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
5.75% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200533,455 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Roane County, TN||1.17% ($31,568 average AGI)|
|from Anderson County, TN||0.92% ($28,552)|
|from Knox County, TN||0.49% ($53,935)|
6.20% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200627,519 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lancing:
- WECO (940 AM; 5 kW; WARTBURG, TN; Owner: MORGAN COUNTY B/CASTING CO.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WQBB (1040 AM; daytime; 10 kW; POWELL, TN; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WNOX (990 AM; 10 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN)
- WATO (1290 AM; 5 kW; OAK RIDGE, TN)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WMTY (670 AM; daytime; 3 kW; FARRAGUT, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WOFE (580 AM; 1 kW; ROCKWOOD, TN; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WVLZ (1180 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: KIRKLAND WIRELESS BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lancing:
- WECO-FM (101.3 FM; WARTBURG, TN; Owner: MORGAN COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WDVX (89.9 FM; CLINTON, TN; Owner: CUMBERLAND COMMUNITIES COMMUNI CORP.)
- WWSR (105.7 FM; ROCKWOOD, TN; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WOWF (102.5 FM; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: PEG BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMKW (89.3 FM; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WBZH (92.7 FM; HARRIMAN, TN; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WOKI-FM (100.3 FM; OAK RIDGE, TN; Owner: OAK RIDGE FM, INC.)
- WGSQ (94.7 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCLC-FM (105.1 FM; JAMESTOWN, TN; Owner: BIBLE BELIEVERS NETWORK, INC.)
- WUOT (91.9 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE)
- WIVK-FM (107.7 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKXD-FM (106.9 FM; MONTEREY, TN; Owner: JWC BROADCASTING)
- WIMZ-FM (103.5 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMM., CORP.)
- WJXB-FM (97.5 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WKTS (90.1 FM; KINGSTON, TN; Owner: THE KINGSTON CENTURY CLUB INC.)
- WAYA (93.9 FM; SPRING CITY, TN; Owner: J. L. BREWER BROADCASTING OF CLEVELAND, LLC)
- WLIV-FM (104.7 FM; MONTEREY, TN; Owner: WKXN INC)
- WDEB-FM (103.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, TN; Owner: BAZ BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLQK (95.9 FM; LIVINGSTON, TN; Owner: JWC BROADCASTING)
- WYLV (89.1 FM; ALCOA, TN; Owner: FOOTHILLS BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lancing:
- WDTT-LP (Channel 38; LENOIR CITY, TN; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WBXX-TV (Channel 20; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF TENNESSEE, LLC)
- WVLT-TV (Channel 8; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: WVLT LICENSEE CORP.)
- WKOP-TV (Channel 15; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: EAST TENNESSEE PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WBIR-TV (Channel 10; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: GANNETT PACIFIC CORPORATION)
- WATE-TV (Channel 6; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: WATE, G.P.)
- WTNZ (Channel 43; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- W46DC (Channel 46; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WCTE (Channel 22; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: UPPER CUMBERLAND BROADCAST COUNCIL)
- WEEE-LP (Channel 32; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- Fatal accident count: 1
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 1
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 1
- Fatalities: 1
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 2
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 149
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 235
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 52
- Fatalities: 164
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 379
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 14
Lancing fatal accident list:
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Lancing)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:6
- Call Sign: KD4EPN, Licensee ID: L00400393
Grant Date: 01/02/2013, Expiration Date: 09/17/2022, Certifier: William T Harvey
Registrant: William T Harvey, 192 Emory View Rd, Lancing, TN 37770
- Call Sign: KD4MIH, Licensee ID: L00511164
Grant Date: 01/02/2013, Expiration Date: 05/02/2022, Certifier: Cathy G Harvey
Registrant: Cathy G Harvey, 192 Emory View Rd, Lancing, TN 37770
- Call Sign: KD4OSJ, Licensee ID: L00594696
Grant Date: 02/29/2012, Expiration Date: 05/26/2022, Certifier: Gregory L Hamby
Registrant: Gregory L Hamby, 143 Happy Hollow Road, Lancing, TN 37770
- Call Sign: N4QAS, Previous Call Sign: KB4KJL, Licensee ID: L00153203
Grant Date: 09/23/2009, Expiration Date: 12/12/2019, Certifier: Gilbert W Geoffrion
Registrant: Gilbert W Geoffrion, 153 Emory View Rd, Lancing, TN 37770
- Call Sign: N4RTN, Licensee ID: L00280414
Grant Date: 12/13/2007, Expiration Date: 11/17/2017, Certifier: Teresa K Birchfield
Registrant: Teresa K Birchfield, 268 Rome Rd, Lancing, TN 37770
- Call Sign: KK4AGV, Licensee ID: L01618682
Grant Date: 02/15/2011, Expiration Date: 02/15/2021, Certifier: Michael W Raiford
Registrant: Michael W Raiford, 2653 Potters Chapel Rd, Lancing, TN 37770
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: WALLACE STEVE MERLIN GT (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 50963 , Serial Number: 1118
Registrant (Individual): Steve L Wallace, 128 James Brown Rd, Lancing, TN 37770
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 10/21/1998
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 40
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Lancing
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2015.