Smith County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 31.2. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 9.20. This is about average. There were 10 monitors within city limits.
(lower is better)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lebanon and their reported violations in the past:
LEBANON, CITY OF (Population served: 278, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- OCCT Study Recommendation - Between APR-02-2002 and DEC-08-2003, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-06-2003), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-06-2003), St Compliance achieved (DEC-08-2003)
- OCCT Study Recommendation - Between JAN-01-1994 and JUL-01-1994, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUL-01-1994)
- Public Education - Between JAN-01-1994 and APR-21-1995, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (APR-21-1995)
- Follow-up and Routine Tap Sampling - Between OCT-01-1995 and JUL-21-1997, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-06-1996), St Public Notif received (JAN-21-1997), St Compliance achieved (JUL-21-1997)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2012: 16.2%
(12.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 81.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 1.9 people|
|Kansas: || 2.5 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 50.8%|
|Whole state: || 66.0%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 1.7%|
|Whole state: || 5.8%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Lebanon, KS
Lebanon compared to Kansas state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Lebanon (2011 data):
- The Peoples Bank: - Lebanon at 504 Main Street, branch established on 1901/01/01. Info updated 2008/06/17: Bank assets: $344.7 mil, Deposits: $293.7 mil, headquarters in Pratt, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: Krey Co. Ltd.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (77%)
- Electricity (15%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Wood (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lebanon city (based on Smith County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 78.00%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Catholic Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Church of the Nazarene||Lutheran Church||United Church of Christ||Evangelical Free Church of America||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Smith County:||7.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Smith County:||2.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||0.51 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Smith County:||5.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||15.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Kansas:||8.1%|Adult obesity rate:
|Kansas:||27.9%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Judicial and Legal
|Totals for Government
Lebanon government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - General - Other: $55,000 ($259.43)
Water Utilities: $38,000 ($179.25)
Regular Highways: $19,000 ($89.62)
Financial Administration: $18,000 ($84.91)
Solid Waste Management: $17,000 ($80.19)
Fire Protection: $15,000 ($70.75)
Libraries: $6,000 ($28.30)
Sewerage: $5,000 ($23.58)
- General - Interest on Debt: $9,000 ($42.45)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $37,000 ($174.53)
Lebanon government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $19,000 ($89.62)
All Other: $10,000 ($47.17)
Sewerage: $6,000 ($28.30)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $12,000 ($56.60)
Interest Earnings: $2,000 ($9.43)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $52,000 ($245.28)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $9,000 ($42.45)
General Support: $6,000 ($28.30)
- Tax - Property: $66,000 ($311.32)
Public Utilities: $11,000 ($51.89)
NEC: $1,000 ($4.72)
Lebanon government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $185,000 ($872.64)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $165,000 ($778.30)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $20,000 ($94.34)
Lebanon government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $133,000 ($627.36)
3.52% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($38,603 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
6.36% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($28,667 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lebanon:
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KFRM (550 AM; 5 kW; SALINA, KS; Owner: TAYLOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KVSV (1190 AM; 2 kW; BELOIT, KS; Owner: MCGRATH PUBLISHING COMPANY)
- KMMJ (750 AM; 11 kW; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Owner: JRK BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KKPR (1460 AM; 5 kW; KEARNEY, NE; Owner: PLATTE RIVER RADIO, INC.)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KRGI (1430 AM; 5 kW; GRAND ISLAND, NE)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lebanon:
- KFGE (98.1 FM; MILFORD, NE; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- KDNS (94.1 FM; DOWNS, KS; Owner: HOEFLICKER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K202BP (88.3 FM; BELLAIRE, ETC., KS; Owner: U.S. CENTER CHRISTIAN B/CSTERS ASSOC)
TV broadcast stations around Lebanon:
- KSNB-TV (Channel 4; SUPERIOR, NE; Owner: COLINS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KHGI-TV (Channel 13; KEARNEY, NE; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF CENTRAL NEBRASKA, A CALIFORNIA LP)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
22 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Lebanon
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- LEBANON RPTR, Maple Street And Oak Ave 1/2 Block South (Lat: 39.811472 Lon: -98.554972), Type: Tree, Structure height: 33.5 m, Overall height: 36.6 m, Call Sign: WNGA810
Assigned Frequencies: 154.965 MHz
Grant Date: 02/09/2011, Expiration Date: 03/25/2021
Registrant: County Of Smith, 217 South Jefferson, Smith Center, KS 66967, Phone: (785) 282-5180, Fax: (717) 337-9157, Email:
- 3.6 Km N (Lat: 39.843611 Lon: -98.568333), Type: Tower, Structure height: 89.9 m, Overall height: 90.5 m, Call Sign: WPJT247
Assigned Frequencies: 938.500 MHz, 938.887 MHz, 938.950 MHz
Grant Date: 10/03/2001, Expiration Date: 10/15/2011, Cancellation Date: 01/13/2011, Certifier: Richard S Stegelman
Registrant: Western Resources, 818 S. Kansas Ave., Topeka, KS 66601, Phone: (785) 575-1199, Fax: (785) 575-8446, Email:
- Lat: 39.835278 Lon: -98.598056, Call Sign: WQQQ524
Assigned Frequencies: 160.125 MHz
Grant Date: 02/12/2013, Expiration Date: 02/12/2023, Certifier: Theron Haresnape
Registrant: Pierce Electronics, 1970 V Road, Mankato, KS 66956, Phone: (785) 378-3158, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- LEBANON, 7 Mi N (Lat: 39.988389 Lon: -98.535333), Overall height: 91.4 m, Call Sign: WPOU597
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHz, 6345.49 MHz, 6226.89 MHz, 6315.84 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6286.19 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6226.89 MHz, 6197.24 MHz
Grant Date: 08/11/1999, Expiration Date: 08/11/2009, Cancellation Date: 10/17/2009, Certifier: Mary Mcdermott
Registrant: Pathnet, Inc., 1661 Gateway Blvd., Richardson, TX 75080, Phone: (972) 690-9933, Fax: (972) 231-0728, Email:
- LEBANON, 7.0 Mile N (Lat: 39.988389 Lon: -98.535333), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Call Sign: WPVZ491, Licensee ID: L00896575
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHz, 6197.24 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6256.54 MHz
Grant Date: 10/10/2012, Expiration Date: 09/19/2022, Certifier: Robert N Hedrick
Registrant: Kmigt -- Heartland
- Lebanon, 12.8 Miles N Of City On Us 281 (Lat: 39.988389 Lon: -98.535333), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Call Sign: WQRH944
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHz, 6197.24 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6256.54 MHz
Grant Date: 05/16/2013, Expiration Date: 05/16/2023, Certifier: George E Rider
Registrant: Keller And Heckman LLP, 1001 G Street Nw, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 434-4100, Fax: (202) 434-4646, Email:
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182E (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 119 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3011Y , Serial Number: 18254011, Year manufactured: 1962, Airworthiness Date: 03/24/1962
Registrant (Corporation): Strategic Sourcing Solutions Inc, 6032 Z Rd, Lebanon, KS 66952
- Aircraft: BEECH E33 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 138 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR I0-470 SERIES (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 7150N , Serial Number: CD-1140, Year manufactured: 1967, Airworthiness Date: 12/28/1967
Registrant (Corporation): Debonair Club Inc, 28072 80 Rd, Lebanon, KS 66952
- Aircraft: CESSNA T210M (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 141 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR TSIO-520 SER (300 HP) (Turbo-prop)
N-Number: 761YM , Serial Number: 21062625, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 04/21/1978
Registrant (Individual): Charles E Gleason, 503 Elm St, Lebanon, KS 66952
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Lebanon, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lebanon, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Lebanon, KS
- #5 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers"
- #11 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Food and beverage stores"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Construction"
- #35 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
- #50 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of births per 1000 residents 2000-2003"