We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||49.6 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,204 (it was $18,445 in 2000)
Leon town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $144,168 (it was $94,100 in 2000)
Races in Leon, WI (2010)
- 1,40897.8%White alone
- 80.6%American Indian alone
- 20.1%Black alone
- 20.1%Asian alone
- 10.07%Two or more races
|best burger in Milwaukee (10 replies)|
|A couple days in/near Milwaukee (17 replies)|
|Favorite Custard Place? (26 replies)|
|(1)Leon's -vs- (2)Kopps (3 replies)|
|Flying into OshKosh (3 replies)|
|Best Milwaukee Restaurants of 2014 (6 replies)|
Latest news from Leon, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (51.9%), Polish (11.7%), English (9.5%), Irish (8.4%), Norwegian (5.1%), Danish (4.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 783 feet
Land area: 36.0 square miles.
Population density: 40 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Leon:
- High school or higher: 79.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 2.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Leon town:
- Never married: 14.6%
- Now married: 69.2%
- Separated: 0.2%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 10.4%
25 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Leon town:||1.5% ($1,396)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Oshkosh, WI (26.2 miles , pop. 62,916).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (74.1 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (172.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Poy Sippi, WI (1.9 miles ), Redgranite, WI (2.3 miles ), Poysippi, WI (2.4 miles ), Mount Morris, WI (2.4 miles ), Saxeville, WI (2.4 miles ), Lohrville, WI (2.5 miles ), Springwater, WI (2.8 miles ), Tustin, WI (3.0 miles) .
Latitude: 44.12 N, Longitude: 89.06 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 920
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (16%)
- Transportation equipment (8%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Metal and metal products (4%)
- Machinery (4%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Health care (18%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Textile mills and textile products (5%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- U. S. Postal service (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Leon, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Leon-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 50% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1956, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 13.8 miles away from the Leon town center killed 7 people and injured 50 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1984, a category F4 tornado 15.8 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 19 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Leon-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 184.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 396.6 miles away from Leon center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 371.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 166.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 358.2 miles away from Leon center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 344.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Waushara County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 4, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Leon:
- WILD ROSE MANOR (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; WILD ROSE, WI)
- WILD ROSE COM MEM HOSPITAL, INC Critical Access Hospitals (about 11 miles away; WILD ROSE, WI)
- WILD ROSE COMMUNITY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 11 miles away; WILD ROSE, WI)
- BERLIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 12 miles away; BERLIN, WI)
- BETHANY HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; WAUPACA, WI)
- CHN HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; BERLIN, WI)
- DAVITA - WAUTOMA DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 12 miles away; WAUTOMA, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Leon:
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 27 miles; Oshkosh, WI; Full-time enrollment: 10,637)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 33 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 35 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 38 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Moraine Park Technical College (about 40 miles; Fond du Lac, WI; FT enrollment: 3,079)
- Marian University (about 40 miles; Fond Du Lac, WI; FT enrollment: 2,045)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 41 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
Notable location: Sorenson Hillview Jersey Farm (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Pine River Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Pearl Lake (A), Taylor Lake (B), Middle Lake (C), Pine River Millpond 100 (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Carpenter Creek (A), Little Silver Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Leon town (based on Waushara County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Waushara County:||3.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Waushara County:||4.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.84% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,372 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Winnebago County, WI||0.85% ($42,250 average AGI)|
|from Green Lake County, WI||0.40% ($29,553)|
|from Fond du Lac County, WI||0.33% ($37,000)|
5.60% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,340 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Leon:
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WRPN (1600 AM; 5 kW; RIPON, WI)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WISS (1090 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BERLIN, WI; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Leon:
- WAUH (102.3 FM; WAUTOMA, WI; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING LLC)
- WBJZ (104.7 FM; BERLIN, WI; Owner: CAXAMBAS CORPORATION)
- WAPL-FM (105.7 FM; APPLETON, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPKR (99.5 FM; OMRO, WI; Owner: MIDWEST DIMENSIONS, INC.)
- WDUX-FM (92.7 FM; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WROE (94.3 FM; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTCX (96.1 FM; RIPON, WI; Owner: RADIO B/C LTD PARTNERSHIP)
- WVBO (103.9 FM; WINNECONNE, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Leon:
- WMMF-TV (Channel 68; FOND DU LAC, WI; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF WISCONSIN, A CALIFORNIA LTD PARTNRSHP)
- W24BV (Channel 24; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W66DC (Channel 66; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W64AU (Channel 64; ADAMS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- W23BL (Channel 23; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- $217,000Total costs
- 2,820Total average daily traffic
- 67Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,940Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (62%)
- Utility gas (12%)
- Electricity (10%)
- Wood (9%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (7%)
- Solar energy (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Leon compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.