We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.0 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54456.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $20,456 (it was $14,924 in 2000)
Levis town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $127,915 (it was $83,000 in 2000)
Races in Levis, WI (2010)
- 44390.0%White alone
- 357.1%American Indian alone
- 40.8%Black alone
- 20.4%Two or more races
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Are people living outside the metro areas cushioned against falling home prices? Jan 21
- The global threat of Islamic terror Jan 19
- Exercise and sleep: which is more important for your health? Jan 17
- Motorcycle industry in the United States Jan 15
- Evolution of First Names: Unisex Names and Nicknames Jan 13
Latest news from Levis, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (44.8%), Irish (13.1%), English (10.9%), Polish (9.5%), Norwegian (7.5%), Czech (5.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1047 feet
Land area: 35.9 square miles.
Population density: 14 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Levis:
- High school or higher: 74.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.8%
- Unemployed: 7.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Levis town:
- Never married: 27.9%
- Now married: 61.3%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 3.5%
- Divorced: 6.0%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Levis town:||1.7% ($1,400)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (48.2 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (115.0 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (235.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Dewhurst, WI (2.2 miles ), Pine Valley, WI (2.4 miles ), Hatfield, WI (2.5 miles) , Neillsville, WI (2.5 miles ), Hewett, WI (2.7 miles ), Komensky, WI (2.8 miles ), Merrillan, WI (3.1 miles ), Granton, WI (3.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 9 buildings, average cost: $77,800
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $95,000
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $200,000
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $110,000
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $152,800
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $160,200
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $37,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $45,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $230,000
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $230,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.47 N, Longitude: 90.64 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (17%)
- Transportation equipment (10%)
- Construction (8%)
- Machinery (6%)
- Wood products (6%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Health care (15%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (4%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (16%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (7%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
- Bus drivers (5%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (4%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (4%)
Average climate in Levis, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Levis-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 9% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 34.7 miles away from the Levis town center killed one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 6/4/1958, a category F4 tornado 37.2 miles away from the town center killed 4 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Levis-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 276.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 226.2 miles away from Levis center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 440.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 416.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 288.3 miles away from Levis center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 199.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Clark County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Levis:
- MEMORIAL MEDICAL CTR Critical Access Hospitals (about 7 miles away; NEILLSVILLE, WI)
- NEILLSVILLE CARE AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; NEILLSVILLE, WI)
- GUNDERSEN LUTHERAN RENAL DIALYSIS - BLACK RIVER FALLS (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI)
- BLACK RIVER MEMORIAL HOMECARE (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI)
- BLACK RIVER MEM HSPTL Critical Access Hospitals (about 16 miles away; BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Levis:
- Mid-State Technical College (about 43 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,128)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 48 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 49 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 53 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 55 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 9,837)
- Western Technical College (about 55 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
- Viterbo University (about 56 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
Cemeteries: Indian Cemetery (1), Dells Dam Cemetery (2), Levis Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Wedges Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Levis town (based on Clark County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Clark County:||2.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Clark County:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.70% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,517 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wood County, WI||0.69% ($34,212 average AGI)|
|from Marathon County, WI||0.57% ($34,786)|
|from Taylor County, WI||0.36% ($34,909)|
5.62% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,314 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Levis:
- WCCN (1370 AM; 5 kW; NEILLSVILLE, WI; Owner: CENTRAL WISCONSIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WLBL (930 AM; 5 kW; AUBURNDALE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WKLJ (1290 AM; 5 kW; SPARTA, WI; Owner: SPARTA-TOMAH BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WFHR (1320 AM; 5 kW; WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN RAPIDS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Levis:
- WCCN-FM (107.5 FM; NEILLSVILLE, WI; Owner: CENTRAL WISCONSIN B/CG INC.)
- WAXX (104.5 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WWIS-FM (99.7 FM; BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI; Owner: WWIS RADIO, INC.)
- WVCX (98.9 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- WGLX-FM (103.3 FM; WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN RAPIDS BROADCASTING, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Levis:
- WEAU-TV (Channel 13; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WEAU LICENSEE CORP.)
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WKBT (Channel 8; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: QUEENB TELEVISION, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 37m121ftTotal length
- 3,391Total average daily traffic
- 219Total average daily truck traffic
- 4,565Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (53%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (20%)
- Wood (14%)
- Electricity (9%)
- Utility gas (3%)
Levis compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.