Lewistown: Taken from Big Ridge over looking town.
Lewistown: overlooking Lewistown from bypass, Fall 2005
Lewistown: Lewistown square
Lewistown: Lewistown Courthouse
Lewistown: lewistown pa
Lewistown: jacks creek
Lewistown: lewistown courthouse
Lewistown: stone arch bridge at jack's creek
Lewistown: lewistown court house
Lewistown: the square
Lewistown: brown st lewistown
Submit your own pictures of this borough and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||38.4 years|
|Pennsylvania median age:||40.6 years|
Zip codes: 17044.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,502 (it was $14,733 in 2000)
Lewistown borough income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $72,479 (it was $57,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $121,484; Detached houses: $131,464; Townhouses or other attached units: $66,417; In 2-unit structures: $57,797; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $105,594; Mobile homes: $54,822
Median gross rent in 2013: $609.
Races in Lewistown, PA (2013)
- 7,63791.2%White alone
- 1962.3%Two or more races
- 1521.8%Black alone
- 941.1%Asian alone
- 100.1%American Indian alone
- 30.04%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Are people living outside the metro areas cushioned against falling home prices? Jan 21
- The global threat of Islamic terror Jan 19
- Exercise and sleep: which is more important for your health? Jan 17
- Motorcycle industry in the United States Jan 15
- Evolution of First Names: Unisex Names and Nicknames Jan 13
|Fantasy Light Rail Map (135 replies)|
|What is the WORST city or town in Pennsylvania? (263 replies)|
|Pennsyltucky? (77 replies)|
|Do People Realize Just How Rural PA is? (72 replies)|
|Best Potato Chip? (46 replies)|
|Outbound West Carson to close for TWO YEARS (66 replies)|
Latest news from Lewistown, PA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (31.7%), Irish (15.9%), United States (7.8%), English (7.4%), Italian (5.4%), Dutch (3.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 04/11/1795
Land area: 2.01 square miles.
Population density: 4,118 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Lewistown:
- High school or higher: 85.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 7.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lewistown borough:
- Never married: 32.4%
- Now married: 41.4%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 5.4%
- Divorced: 17.7%
130 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Pennsylvania and other state lists there were 38 registered sex offenders living in Lewistown, Pennsylvania as of January 22, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Lewistown to the number of sex offenders is 220 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,492 (1.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,468 (2.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lancaster, PA (77.2 miles , pop. 56,348).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Baltimore, MD (102.6 miles , pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (134.6 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Juniata Terrace borough, PA (1.0 miles ), Highland Park, PA (1.3 miles ), Burnham borough, PA (1.6 miles ), Yeagertown, PA (1.7 miles ), Granville, PA (2.0 miles ), Maitland, PA (2.1 miles ), Reedsville, PA (2.2 miles ), Strodes Mills, PA (2.5 miles ).
Latitude: 40.60 N, Longitude: 77.57 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,968 (+23.5%)
Workers who live and work in this borough: 1,265 (39.7%)
|Crime rates in Lewistown by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 246.2)||364.1||282.9||271.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Lewistown detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.44|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -849 (-8.6%).
- Manufacturing (32%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Production occupations (17%)
- Material moving occupations (13%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (11%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (17%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Healthcare support occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Production occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
Average climate in Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lewistown-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Pennsylvania state average. It is 30% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 45.1 miles away from the Lewistown borough center caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 7/23/1952, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 1.6 miles away from the borough center injured 4 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lewistown-area historical earthquake activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 159.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 82.9 miles away from Lewistown center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 199.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 284.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 00:42:43, a magnitude 4.2 (4.2 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 84.5 miles away from Lewistown center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 333.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Mifflin County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Hurricanes: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Four Chaplains - Soilder, John Evans Brown - New Zealand politician, Carolyn Meyer - Children's writer, El McMeen - Guitarist, George L. Fox - US army chaplain killed in action, Isaac William Wiley - Methodist bishop, Samuel B. Griffith - Recipient of the Purple Heart medal, Adam Harris - Politician, Arron Scott - Ballet dancer, David Frederick Wertz - Methodist bishop.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Lewistown: William Rankin.
Hospitals and medical centers in Lewistown:
- HOSPICE BRIDGE LEWISTOWN HOSP (400 HIGHLAND AVENUE, SECOND FLOOR)
- LEWISTOWN HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Other, provides emergency services, 400 HIGHLAND AVENUE)
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER-WILLIAM PENN (163 SUMMIT DRIVE)
- OHESSON MANOR (276 GREEN AVE EXTENDED)
- DAVITA - LEWISTOWN DIALYSIS (611 ELECTRIC AVENUE)
Heliports located in Lewistown:
Colleges/Universities in Lewistown:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lewistown:
- Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus (about 21 miles; University Park, PA; Full-time enrollment: 45,483)
- Pennsylvania State University-World Campus (about 22 miles; University Park, PA; FT enrollment: 4,893)
- Dickinson College (about 34 miles; Carlisle, PA; FT enrollment: 2,505)
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (about 38 miles; Shippensburg, PA; FT enrollment: 7,051)
- Lock Haven University (about 39 miles; Lock Haven, PA; FT enrollment: 5,184)
- Susquehanna University (about 40 miles; Selinsgrove, PA; FT enrollment: 2,495)
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg (about 42 miles; Harrisburg, PA; FT enrollment: 13,276)
Public high schools in Lewistown:
- MIFFLIN-JUNIATA CTC (Students: 473, Location: 700 PITT STREET, Grades: 9-12)
- MIFFLIN COUNTY ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TE (Location: 700 PITT STREET, Grades: 9-12)
- MIFFLIN CO JHS (Location: 700 CEDAR STREET, Grades: 8-9)
- MIFFLIN CO HS (Location: 501 SIXTH STREET, Grades: 10-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Lewistown:
Private elementary/middle school in Lewistown:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Seventh Ward Elementary no longer exists. A new elementary school was built. Lewistown Elementary School contains around 500 students. Buchanan Elementary's enrollment is significantly lower now as well, with about 250 students.
Notable locations in Lewistown: City Hook and Ladder Station 14 (A), Brooklyn Hose Company Station 13 (B), United Fire and Rescue Services Station 11 (C), Pennsylvania State Fire Academy (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Lewistown include: Trinity Church (A), Lake Park Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Kishacoquillas Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Green Gables Hotel (900 South Main St), Crown Motel (1015 South Main St).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 81.1. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 3.84. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 21.7 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.368. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 21.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 27.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.7 miles away from the city center.
(29.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 45.8% for Black residents, 57.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 19.9% for two or more races residents)
|This borough:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
23 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness in 2010
People in group quarters in Lewistown in 2000:
- 125 people in nursing homes
- 57 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 19 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 15 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Lewistown (2011 data):
- The Juniata Valley Bank: Monument Square Branch at 1 East Market Street, branch established on 1978/03/30; Water Street Branch at 100 West Water Street, branch established on 1968/07/29. Info updated 2010/06/02: Bank assets: $441.6 mil, Deposits: $386.7 mil, headquarters in Mifflintown, PA, positive income, 12 total offices, Holding Company: Juniata Valley Financial Corp.
- First National Bank of Pennsylvania: Lewistown Branch at 32 East Market Street, branch established on 1922/01/01; Fort Granville Branch at 10050 U.S. Highway 522s, branch established on 1971/11/22. Info updated 2012/01/10: Bank assets: $9,581.0 mil, Deposits: $7,462.2 mil, headquarters in Greenville, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 291 total offices, Holding Company: F.N.b. Corporation
- Mifflin County Savings Bank: Loan Center Branch at 101 E Market Street, branch established on 2001/04/02; at 19 North Brown Street, branch established on 1923/01/01. Info updated 2009/07/24: Bank assets: $126.1 mil, Deposits: $109.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 5 total offices
- The Kishacoquillas Valley National Bank of Belleville: Lewistown Main Street Branch at South Main Street, branch established on 2003/12/15; Lewistown Division Branch at 518 Electric Avenue, branch established on 1990/02/12. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $557.9 mil, Deposits: $455.7 mil, headquarters in Belleville, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 14 total offices, Holding Company: Kish Bancorp, Inc.
- Northwest Savings Bank: Granville Township Branch at 10444 U.S. Highway 522 South, branch established on 2010/11/15. Info updated 2009/11/23: Bank assets: $7,975.9 mil, Deposits: $5,985.6 mil, headquarters in Warren, PA, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 172 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lewistown borough (based on Mifflin County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Mifflin County:||3.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mifflin County:||0.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||0.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mifflin County:||3.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Lewistown, PA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$13,645||$40,935||1||$1,787|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$43,098||$47,016||2||$4,010|
|Streets and Highways||11||$32,772||$35,751||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||7||$19,561||$33,533||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||2||$1,246|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$2,785||$33,420||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||49||$159,845||$39,146||5||$7,043|
Lewistown government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Parks & Recreation: $176,000 ($21.21)
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $1,416,000 ($170.66)
Police Protection: $852,000 ($102.69)
Solid Waste Management: $718,000 ($86.54)
General - Other: $689,000 ($83.04)
Regular Highways: $459,000 ($55.32)
Housing & Community Development: $241,000 ($29.05)
Parks & Recreation: $164,000 ($19.77)
Fire Protection: $159,000 ($19.16)
Judicial and Legal Services: $52,000 ($6.27)
Parking Facilities: $49,000 ($5.91)
Central Staff Services: $44,000 ($5.30)
Financial Administration: $40,000 ($4.82)
General Public Buildings: $28,000 ($3.37)
Libraries: $1,000 ($0.12)
- Employee Retirement - Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $1,043,000 ($125.71)
Total Cash & Deposits: $899,000 ($108.35)
Benefit Payments: $152,000 ($18.32)
Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $75,000 ($9.04)
- General - Interest on Debt: $207,000 ($24.95)
- Other Capital Outlay - Solid Waste Management: $1,007,000 ($121.37)
Regular Highways: $12,000 ($1.45)
General Public Building: $6,000 ($0.72)
Parks & Recreation: $2,000 ($0.24)
Fire Protection: $2,000 ($0.24)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,307,000 ($157.53)
Lewistown government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,214,000 ($146.32)
Solid Waste Management: $758,000 ($91.36)
All Other: $289,000 ($34.83)
- Employee Retirement - Interest Revenue: $-100,000 ($-12.05)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $473,000 ($57.01)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $118,000 ($14.22)
Interest Earnings: $107,000 ($12.90)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $162,000 ($19.53)
Highways: $133,000 ($16.03)
- Tax - Property: $965,000 ($116.31)
Individual Income: $501,000 ($60.38)
NEC: $189,000 ($22.78)
Lewistown government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $4,630,000 ($558.03)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $4,455,000 ($536.94)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $175,000 ($21.09)
Lewistown government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $1,000 ($0.12)
- Employee Retirement - Total Other Securities: $1,774,000 ($213.81)
Total Federal Securities: $1,045,000 ($125.95)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,300,000 ($277.21)
3.06% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,808 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Juniata County, PA||0.36% ($22,677 average AGI)|
|from Huntingdon County, PA||0.35% ($28,794)|
|from Centre County, PA||0.30% ($36,593)|
2.93% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,671 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lewistown:
- WIEZ (670 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WKVA (920 AM; 1 kW; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: WVNW, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WHUN (1150 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WHP (580 AM; 5 kW; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WJUN (1220 AM; 1 kW; MEXICO, PA)
- WKOK (1070 AM; 10 kW; SUNBURY, PA; Owner: SUNBURY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WHYL (960 AM; 5 kW; CARLISLE, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lewistown:
- WMRF-FM (95.7 FM; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WQJU (107.1 FM; MIFFLINTOWN, PA; Owner: CENTRAL PA CHRISTIAN INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WJRC (90.9 FM; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: SALT AND LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC)
- WCHX (105.5 FM; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: MIFFLIN COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WVNW (96.7 FM; BURNHAM, PA; Owner: WVNW, INC.)
- WJUN-FM (92.5 FM; MEXICO, PA; Owner: STARVIEW MEDIA, INC.)
- WBUS (93.7 FM; BOALSBURG, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WXMJ (99.5 FM; MOUNT UNION, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WLZS (106.1 FM; BEAVER SPRINGS, PA; Owner: STARVIEW MEDIA, INC)
- WBHV (103.1 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WLAK (103.5 FM; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- W270AG (101.9 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WJHT (107.9 FM; PORT MATILDA, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WPSU-FM (91.5 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WQLV (98.9 FM; MILLERSBURG, PA; Owner: HEPCO COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGMR (101.1 FM; TYRONE, PA; Owner: CARY H. SIMPSON DBA ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WWLY (106.3 FM; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES,LLC)
- WLTS (94.5 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- WMAJ-FM (104.9 FM; HOLLIDAYSBURG, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- WITF-FM (89.5 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lewistown:
- W12CA (Channel 12; ELLIOTTSBURG, PA; Owner: HEIRLOOM MINISTRIES, INC.)
- W13BY (Channel 13; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: GEORGE W. KIMBLE)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 113Number of bridges
- 382m1,253ftTotal length
- $45,000Total costs
- 958,638Total average daily traffic
- 57,421Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
- 6Before 1900
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Lewistown, PA)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 49 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Lewistown)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 14 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Lewistown)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lewistown and their reported violations in the past:REDS DINER OF LEWISTOWN (Population served: 300, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:LOCUST CPGRD (Population served: 200, Groundwater):
- Monitoring, Check/Repeat/Confirmation - In DEC-2009, Contaminant: Trichloroethylene. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-10-2010), St Compliance achieved (FEB-07-2012), St Formal NOV issued (FEB-07-2012)
- Monitoring, Check/Repeat/Confirmation - In DEC-2008, Contaminant: Trichloroethylene. Follow-up actions: St Compliance Meeting conducted (MAR-13-2009), St Compliance achieved (DEC-17-2010)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:SNYDERS RUN CAMPGROUND (Population served: 42, Groundwater):
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past health violations:MELS COUNTRY CATERING (Population served: 30, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between OCT-2013 and DEC-2013, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-12-2014), St Public Notif received (AUG-14-2014), St Compliance achieved (AUG-14-2014)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - Between JUL-2011 and SEP-2011, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (SEP-07-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-07-2012), St Public Notif received (AUG-14-2014)
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past health violations:TINAS PLACE (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between APR-2009 and JUN-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (JUL-10-2009), St Compliance achieved (DEC-04-2009), St Public Notif received (DEC-04-2009)
Past monitoring violations:HOLLOW INN (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:NACES COUNTRY CONVIENIENCE STO (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - Between OCT-17-2011 and NOV-17-2011, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (MAY-09-2012), St Compliance achieved (MAY-09-2012), St Compliance Meeting conducted (MAY-09-2012)
- One routine major monitoring violation
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:WEST GRANVILLE FIRE CO (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - Between OCT-2005 and DEC-2005, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (MAR-24-2006), St Compliance achieved (MAR-24-2006)
- 7 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - Between JUL-2009 and SEP-2009, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-19-2009), St Compliance achieved (JUL-10-2010), St Public Notif received (JUL-10-2010)
- One minor monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lewistown that have no violations reported:
- LEWISTOWN CC (Population served: 280, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- PAINTERSVILLE C & MA CH (Population served: 225, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- LOG CABIN INN (Population served: 200, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- STEVENS MOTEL (Population served: 30, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (40%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (37%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Wood (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
|Businesses in Lewistown, PA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Lane Furniture||1|
|Carson Pirie Scott||1||McDonald's||2|
|Domino's Pizza||1||SAS Shoes||1|
|Jones New York||1||Walmart||1|
Lewistown compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Lewistown on our top lists:
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people born in the same U.S. state as the city (population 5,000+)"
- #3 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2010 and 2011"
Total of 35 patent applications in 2008-2017.