Liberal: SP2494 S-12 Note Red Lettering Liberal Yards, Liberal, KS
Liberal: DRGW3155 GP-60 in Liberal Yards, Liberal, KS
Liberal: Restored Depot & Hotel, now Chamber of Commerce & VA Clinic
Liberal: Landmark building downtown
Liberal: Coronado statue near Dorothy & Toto's house
Liberal: Welcome to Liberal
Liberal: Landmark building on 3rd St. Downtown Liberal
Liberal: Heading Westbound from downtown Liberal.
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||28.9 years|
|Kansas median age:||36.0 years|
Zip codes: 67901.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $18,969 (it was $15,108 in 2000)
Liberal city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $89,800 (it was $65,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $651.
Races in Liberal, KS (2013)
- 6,50131.6%White alone
- 6733.3%Black alone
- 6573.2%Asian alone
- 3951.9%Two or more races
- 970.5%American Indian alone
|Liberal, KS (29 replies)|
|Brownback Wins Again? Get Your Affairs In Order! (80 replies)|
|Liberal places in Kansas (72 replies)|
|Non-KC Area Kansans Perspectives (41 replies)|
|Why I left Kansas (37 replies)|
|How Liberal is Liberal,Kansas? (47 replies)|
Latest news from Liberal, KS collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (11.5%), Irish (4.2%), English (3.9%), United States (3.2%), French (1.8%), Scotch-Irish (1.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 2836 feet
Land area: 11.1 square miles.
Population density: 1,895 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Liberal:
- High school or higher: 62.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.5%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 14.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Liberal city:
- Never married: 34.2%
- Now married: 47.2%
- Separated: 4.2%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 8.9%
5,514 residents are foreign born (25.6% Latin America).
According to our research of Kansas and other state lists there were 49 registered sex offenders living in Liberal, Kansas as of October 04, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Liberal to the number of sex offenders is 430 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,495 (1.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $809 (1.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Amarillo, TX (137.5 miles , pop. 173,627).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Wichita, KS (202.4 miles , pop. 344,284).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (375.8 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Tyrone, OK (3.1 miles ), Turpin, OK (3.5 miles ), Kismet, KS (4.1 miles ), Hooker, OK (4.5 miles ), Forgan, OK (4.8 miles ), Plains, KS (4.9 miles ), Moscow, KS (5.0 miles ), Hugoton, KS (5.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 8 buildings, average cost: $112,100
- 1998: 22 buildings, average cost: $123,100
- 1999: 20 buildings, average cost: $120,300
- 2000: 15 buildings, average cost: $102,900
- 2001: 7 buildings, average cost: $135,600
- 2002: 7 buildings, average cost: $111,100
- 2003: 17 buildings, average cost: $91,400
- 2004: 24 buildings, average cost: $99,100
- 2005: 31 buildings, average cost: $103,000
- 2006: 33 buildings, average cost: $100,500
- 2007: 28 buildings, average cost: $117,900
- 2008: 20 buildings, average cost: $130,200
- 2009: 15 buildings, average cost: $104,300
- 2010: 14 buildings, average cost: $104,300
- 2012: 8 buildings, average cost: $126,600
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.04 N, Longitude: 100.93 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +843 (+4.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 7,957 (82.2%)
Area code: 620
|Crime rates in Liberal by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 292.8)||418.2||408.5||458.0||480.1||541.9||514.3||271.1||287.8||216.9||232.5||186.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Liberal detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.55|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +3,196 (+19.4%).
- Manufacturing (36%)
- Construction (10%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (7%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (4%)
- Manufacturing (27%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Public administration (3%)
- Transportation and warehousing (3%)
- Production occupations (23%)
- Material moving occupations (14%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (22%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (5%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
Average climate in Liberal, Kansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Liberal-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Kansas state average. It is 39% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/5/1993, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.6 miles away from the Liberal city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/6/1951, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.9 miles away from the city center injured 3 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Liberal-area historical earthquake activity is above Kansas state average. It is 31% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 39.8 miles away from the city center
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 212.3 miles away from Liberal center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 277.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/3/2007 at 14:34:38, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.4 MW, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 219.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/15/1995 at 00:31:33, a magnitude 4.1 (3.8 LG, 4.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 124.3 miles away from Liberal center
On 9/5/2001 at 10:52:07, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 203.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Seward County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 3, Winter Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Jerame Tuman - 2005 NFL player (Pittsburgh Steelers, born: Mar 24, 1976), Melvin Sanders - Basketball player, Antonio Hanson - College basketball player (Tulsa Golden Hurricane), Martin Lewis (basketball) - Basketball player, Wayne Angell - Economist.
Hospitals and medical centers in Liberal:
- SOUTHWEST HOMECARE HOSPICE (315 WEST 15TH PO BOX 1340)
- SOUTHWEST MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Local, 315 WEST 15TH STREET)
- RENAL CARE GROUP - LIBERAL (2319 N KANSAS)
- LIBERAL HH AND GUYMON HOSPICE (502 NORTH KANSAS)
- GOOD SAMARITAN SOCIETY - LIBERAL (2160 ZINNIA LN)
- LIBERAL GOOD SAMARITAN CENTER (2160 ZINNIA LN)
- WHEATRIDGE PARK CARE CENTER (1501 S HOLLY DR)
Airports located in Liberal:
- Liberal Mid-America Regional Airport (Runways: 2, Commercial Ops: 2,000, Air Taxi Ops: 1,000, Itinerant Ops: 22,000, Local Ops: 17,000, Military Ops: 500)
College/University in Liberal:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Liberal:
- Amarillo College (about 139 miles; Amarillo, TX; Full-time enrollment: 6,622)
- Barton County Community College (about 153 miles; Great Bend, KS; FT enrollment: 4,108)
- West Texas A & M University (about 153 miles; Canyon, TX; FT enrollment: 6,820)
- Fort Hays State University (about 154 miles; Hays, KS; FT enrollment: 8,728)
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University (about 162 miles; Weatherford, OK; FT enrollment: 4,126)
- Hutchinson Community College (about 180 miles; Hutchinson, KS; FT enrollment: 4,174)
- Western Oklahoma State College (about 187 miles; Altus, OK; FT enrollment: 2,054)
Public high school in Liberal:
- Liberal Senior High School (Students: 1235; Location: 1611 W 2ND; Grades: 8-12)
Private high school in Liberal:
Biggest public elementary/middle schools in Liberal:
- Cottonwood Intermediate School (Students: 498; Location: 1100 W. 11TH; Grades: 3-6)
- Sunflower Intermediate School (Students: 473; Location: 310 W. PINE; Grades: 4-6)
- Liberal South Middle School (Students: 349; Location: 950 S GRANT AVE; Grades: 6-8)
- Liberal West Middle School (Students: 339; Location: 500 N WESTERN; Grades: 6-8)
- Southlawn Elementary School (Students: 314; Location: 836 S JORDAN; Grades: K-5)
- Washington Elementary School (Students: 314; Location: 840 N WASHINGTON; Grades: PK-5)
- Mcdermott Elementary School (Students: 262; Location: 439 S PENNSYLVANIA; Grades: K-5)
- Garfield Elementary School (Students: 249; Location: 516 W 1ST; Grades: K-5)
- Lincoln Elementary School (Students: 204; Location: 1002 W 11TH; Grades: K-5)
- Macarthur Elementary School (Students: 190; Location: 925 S HOLLY; Grades: K-5)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- You don\'t List Turpin, OK as nearest town. It is only 12 miles from Liberal.
added by Dicehiggins
Notable locations in Liberal: Liberal Country Club (A), Liberal Wastewater Treatment Plant (B), Liberal Water Plant (C), Seward County Fairgrounds (D), Fairgrounds Speedway (E), Union Pacific Railroad Yard (F), Lowry Industrial Park (G), Sage Industrial Park (H), Village Plaza (I), Mid America Industrial Park (J), Willow Tree Golf Course (K), Liberal Municipal Court (L), KZQD - FM (Liberal) (M), Seward County Sheriff's Department (N), Liberal Police Department (O), Seward County Courthouse (P), Seward County Fire Department (Q), Liberal Fire Department Station 3 (R), Liberal Fire Department Station 1 (S), Seward County Sheriff's Department Jail (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Southgate Mall (1), Western Shopping Center (2), Southgate Shopping Center (3), South Ideal Shopping Center (4), Randall Park Mall (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Liberal include: Central Christian Church (A), Deliverance Power House Church of God in Christ (B), Iglesia de Cristo Maranatha Elim (C), Latter House Church (D), Risen Glory Church (E), Templo Puerta del Cielo Asambleas de Dios (F), Faith Tabernacle Church (G), Grant Street Church of Christ (H), Church For All Nations - Liberal (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Liberal Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Liberal include: Redskin Field (1), Bellaire Park (2), Mahuron Park (3), Country Club Acres Park (4), Tower Park (5), Southlawn Park (6), Cooper Park (7), Blue Bonnet Park (8), Harrison Circle Park (9). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Baker Arts Center (Museums; 624 North Pershing Avenue), Coronado Museum-Dorothy'S House (567 East Cedar Street), Mid-America Air Museum (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 2000 West Second Street), Chamber of Commerce (4 Rock Island Road), Tourist Information Center (220 East Pancake Boulevard), Liberal City - Convention & Tourism Information Center- Visitors Information Ce (Tours & Charters; 1 Yellow Brick Road).
Hotels: Kansan Motel (310 East Pancake Boulevard), Super 8 Liberal KS (747 East Pancake Boulevard), Best Western La Fonda Motel (229 West Pancake Boulevard), Motel 9 (230 West Pancake Boulevard), Tumbleweed Motel (488 East Pancake Boulevard), Liberal Inn Restaurant (603 East Pancake Boulevard), SLEEP INN (405 E Pancake Blvd), Branding Iron Club (603 East Pancake Boulevard), Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (1550 North Lincoln Avenue).
Court: Seward County - District Court Clerk (415 North Washington Avenue).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Liberal and their reported violations in the past:LIBERAL, CITY OF (Population served: 21,084, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In FEB-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-28-2005), St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-28-2005), St Public Notif received (APR-04-2005), St Compliance achieved (APR-30-2005)
- MCL, Acute (TCR) - In FEB-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-28-2005), St Public Notif requested (FEB-28-2005), St Public Notif received (APR-04-2005), St Compliance achieved (APR-30-2005)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - In JUL-01-1992, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (FEB-04-1993), St Intentional no-action (JUL-22-1993)
- One minor monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Liberal that have no violations reported:
- WESTERN STAR RV RANCH (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(9.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 5.9% for Black residents, 32.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 34.5% for other race residents, 8.4% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||3.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Liberal in 2010:
- 205 people in college/university student housing
- 128 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 109 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 12 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 9 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 7 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 6 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Liberal in 2000:
- 156 people in nursing homes
- 143 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 70 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 30 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 11 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse
- 4 people in other group homes
Liberal compared to Kansas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Liberal (2011 data):
- The First National Bank of Liberal: Express Bank South Branch, The First National Bank Of Liberal, First National Bank Of Liberal - Exp, Wal-Mart In-Store Branch. Info updated 2009/03/31: Bank assets: $241.3 mil, Deposits: $211.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Kansas Bank Corporation
- Bank of America, National Association: Liberal Branch at 300 North Kansas Street, branch established on 1914/05/14; Liberal North Branch at 1325 North Kansas, branch established on 1974/08/21. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- The Community Bank: at 2320 North Kansas Avenue, branch established on 1998/04/06; Branch at 303 S. Kansas, branch established on 2004/07/19. Info updated 2010/10/07: Bank assets: $98.0 mil, Deposits: $87.6 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Light Bancshares Corporation
- Sunflower Bank, National Association: Liberal Branch at 711 North Kansas Avenue, branch established on 1907/04/07. Info updated 2011/09/20: Bank assets: $1,733.8 mil, Deposits: $1,299.6 mil, headquarters in Salina, KS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 34 total offices, Holding Company: Sunflower Financial, Inc.
- The Bank of Beaver City: Liberal Branch Office Branch at 10 E Tucker Road, branch established on 2007/02/20. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $138.4 mil, Deposits: $124.4 mil, headquarters in Beaver, OK, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Beaver Bancorp, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Liberal, Kansas:
- Super 8 Motel - Liberal, 747 E Pancake, Liberal, KS 67901 , Phone: (620) 624-8880, Fax: (620) 624-6703
- Days Inn Liberal, 405 E Pancake, Liberal, KS 67901 , Phone: (620) 624-7377, Fax: (620) 626-7887
- Super 7 Inn, 101 E Pancake Blvd, Liberal, KS 67901 , Phone: (620) 624-6231
- Holiday Inn Express, 1550 N Lincoln Ave, Liberal, KS 67901 , Phone: (620) 624-9700
- Rodeway Inn, 488 E Pancake Blvd, Liberal, KS 67901 , Phone: (620) 624-5642, Fax: (620) 624-5642
- Quality Inn, 720 E Pancake Blvd, Liberal, KS 67901 , Phone: (620) 624-0242, Fax: (620) 624-1952
- Americas Best Value Inn, 564 E Pancake Blvd, Liberal, KS 67901 , Phone: (620) 624-6203, Fax: (620) 626-4940
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 508 Hotel Dr, Liberal, KS 67901 , Phone: (620) 604-0699, Fax: (620) 604-0704
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (82%)
- Electricity (17%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Liberal city (based on Seward County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Seward County:||0.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Seward County:||5.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||5||$31,944||$76,666||1||$932|
|Judicial and Legal||6||$18,668||$37,336||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||29||$122,859||$50,838||1||$363|
|Police - Other||15||$42,232||$33,786||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||19||$55,095||$34,797||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||11||$29,110||$31,756||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||23||$70,981||$37,034||6||$3,638|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||4||$14,940||$44,820||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||26||$86,404||$39,879||2||$914|
|Totals for Government||195||$663,333||$40,820||22||$17,896|
Liberal government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $2,632,000 ($125.60)
Water Utilities: $994,000 ($47.43)
General - Other: $758,000 ($36.17)
Air Transportation: $382,000 ($18.23)
Housing and Community Development: $205,000 ($9.78)
Sewerage: $28,000 ($1.34)
Parks and Recreation: $22,000 ($1.05)
Local Fire Protection: $8,000 ($0.38)
Solid Waste Management: $3,000 ($0.14)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $2,763,000 ($131.85)
Water Utilities: $2,001,000 ($95.49)
General - Other: $1,975,000 ($94.25)
Sewerage: $1,924,000 ($91.81)
Regular Highways: $1,769,000 ($84.41)
Parks and Recreation: $1,447,000 ($69.05)
Solid Waste Management: $1,350,000 ($64.42)
Central Staff Services: $847,000 ($40.42)
Local Fire Protection: $749,000 ($35.74)
Libraries: $618,000 ($29.49)
Judicial and Legal Services: $451,000 ($21.52)
Housing and Community Development: $407,000 ($19.42)
Financial Administration: $335,000 ($15.99)
Air Transportation: $289,000 ($13.79)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $262,000 ($12.50)
Health - Other: $220,000 ($10.50)
General Public Buildings: $120,000 ($5.73)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $86,000 ($4.10)
- General - Interest on Debt: $1,440,000 ($68.72)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $14,000 ($0.67)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $6,504,000 ($310.36)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $359,000 ($17.13)
Liberal government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,580,000 ($75.40)
Solid Waste Management: $1,451,000 ($69.24)
Parks and Recreation: $562,000 ($26.82)
Air Transportation: $228,000 ($10.88)
All Other: $123,000 ($5.87)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $34,000 ($1.62)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $2,182,000 ($104.12)
All Other: $173,000 ($8.26)
- Miscellaneous - Rents: $1,403,000 ($66.95)
Interest Earnings: $900,000 ($42.95)
Fines and Forfeits: $744,000 ($35.50)
Royalties: $232,000 ($11.07)
General Revenue, NEC: $213,000 ($10.16)
Special Assessments: $67,000 ($3.20)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $2,771,000 ($132.23)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $1,579,000 ($75.35)
All Other: $471,000 ($22.48)
General Local Government Support: $461,000 ($22.00)
Housing and Community Development: $237,000 ($11.31)
- Tax - Property: $4,974,000 ($237.35)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $3,711,000 ($177.09)
Public Utilities Sales: $1,650,000 ($78.74)
Other Selective Sales: $216,000 ($10.31)
Other License: $69,000 ($3.29)
Occupation and Business License, NEC: $25,000 ($1.19)
Liberal government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $21,992,000 ($1049.44)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $20,451,000 ($975.90)
Beginning Outstanding - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $8,693,000 ($414.82)
Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $8,483,000 ($404.80)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,823,000 ($86.99)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $282,000 ($13.46)
Retired Nonguaranteed - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $210,000 ($10.02)
Liberal government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Bond Funds - Cash and Securities: $826,000 ($39.42)
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $15,151,000 ($722.99)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $8,532,000 ($407.14)
7.93% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,619 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Texas County, OK||0.82% ($23,738 average AGI)|
|from Sedgwick County, KS||0.31% ($27,000)|
|from Beaver County, OK||0.30% ($29,083)|
8.28% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,275 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Liberal:
- KSCB (1270 AM; 5 kW; LIBERAL, KS; Owner: SEWARD COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KYUU (1470 AM; 1 kW; LIBERAL, KS)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KGNC (710 AM; 10 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KGNO (1370 AM; 5 kW; DODGE CITY, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Liberal:
- KZQD (105.1 FM; LIBERAL, KS; Owner: MARIO LOREDO)
- K242AK (96.3 FM; LIBERAL, KS; Owner: KANZA SOCIETY, INC.)
- KSLS (101.5 FM; LIBERAL, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KLDG (102.7 FM; LIBERAL, KS; Owner: SEWARD COUNTY B/CASTING CO., INC.)
- KSCB-FM (107.5 FM; LIBERAL, KS; Owner: SEWARD COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KJIL (99.1 FM; COPELAND, KS; Owner: GREAT PLAINS CHRISTIAN RADIO, INC.)
- KYBD (98.1 FM; COPELAND, KS; Owner: MAS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KHYM (103.9 FM; COPELAND, KS; Owner: GREAT PLAINS CHRISTIAN RADIO, INC.)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 37m121ftTotal length
- $703,000Total costs
- 34,415Total average daily traffic
- 5,018Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 113 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Liberal, KS)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 29 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 34 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 40 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Liberal)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 6 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Liberal)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 118 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 154
- Hazardous Condition: 108
- Service Call: 28
- Good Intent Call: 4
Incident types - Liberal
|Most common first names in Liberal, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Liberal, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Liberal, KS|
|Burger King||1||Pizza Hut||3|
|Days Inn||1||Rodeway Inn||1|
|H&R Block||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Holiday Inn||1||The Room Place||1|
|Long John Silver's||1||Wendy's||1|
Liberal on our top lists:
- #3 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Other sales and related workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Food (population 5,000+)"
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Food (population 5,000+)"
- #18 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Mining (population 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other sales and related workers including supervisors"
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest average wind speeds"
- #63 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most local government spending on highway construction per resident in 2004 in $"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most Hispanic residents (pop 5,000+)"
- #90 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of thefts in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of births per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2015.