Lima-Centennial Valley, Montana
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||42.3 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip code: 59739
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,470 (it was $12,950 in 2000)
Lima-Centennial Valley CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $133,334 (it was $64,300 in 2000)
Races in Lima-Centennial Valley, MT (2000)
- 35394.4%White alone
- 71.9%American Indian alone
- 61.6%Two or more races
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 1277.3 square miles.
Population density: 0.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Lima-Centennial Valley:
- High school or higher: 92.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 1.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lima-Centennial Valley CCD:
- Never married: 16.3%
- Now married: 69.8%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 7.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Lima-Centennial Valley CCD:||0.9% ($592)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Idaho Falls, ID (81.5 miles , pop. 50,730).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (499.6 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (769.5 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Lima, MT (3.7 miles ), Spencer, ID (4.6 miles) , East Clark, ID (5.2 miles) , Dubois, ID (5.8 miles ), West Clark, ID (6.1 miles ), Dillon, MT (6.5 miles ), Clark Canyon-Horse Prairie, MT (6.6 miles ), Alder, MT (6.9 miles) .
Latitude: 44.65 N, Longitude: 112.32 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (38%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Construction (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Leather and allied products (4%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (3%)
- Accommodation and food services (31%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (26%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Health care (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Construction (3%)
- Petroleum and petroleum products merchant wholesalers (3%)
- Farmers and farm managers (22%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (16%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (8%)
- Other transportation workers (7%)
- Life and physical scientists (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (15%)
- Farmers and farm managers (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Waiters and waitresses (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
Average climate in Lima-Centennial Valley, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Lima-Centennial Valley-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Montana state average. It is 86% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 82.3 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 83.3 miles away from Lima-Centennial Valley center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 389.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 78.0 miles away from the city center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 53.0 miles away from Lima-Centennial Valley center
On 10/28/1983 at 19:51:24, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 79.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Beaverhead County (3) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 2, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lima-Centennial Valley:
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 64 miles; Rexburg, ID; Full-time enrollment: 30,522)
- Montana State University (about 94 miles; Bozeman, MT; FT enrollment: 12,942)
- Idaho State University (about 124 miles; Pocatello, ID; FT enrollment: 10,350)
- The University of Montana (about 173 miles; Missoula, MT; FT enrollment: 13,602)
- College of Southern Idaho (about 180 miles; Twin Falls, ID; FT enrollment: 5,051)
- Montana State University-Billings (about 202 miles; Billings, MT; FT enrollment: 4,319)
- Utah State University (about 204 miles; Logan, UT; FT enrollment: 21,131)
Notable locations in Lima-Centennial Valley: Andersen Ranch (A), Chris Cabin (B), Orr Ranch (C), Antone Guard Station (D), Selby Resort (E), Snowline (F), Snowline Ranch (G), Jones Ranch (H), Edwards Ranch (I), Staudenmeyer Ranch (J), Upper Lake Campground (K), Deep Creek Cow Camp (L), East Creek Campground (M), Cornell Camp (N), Cook Sheep Ranch (O), Middle Creek Cow Camp (P), Goble Ranch (Q), Hanson Ranch (R), Holt Ranch (S), Monida (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Lima-Centennial Valley include: Lima Mission (A), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (B), Lima Community Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Mount Moriah Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Lower Red Rock Lake (A), Antelope Pond (B), Shambow Pond (C), Elk Lake (D), Deadman Lake (E), Conklin Lake (F), Coyote Lake (G), Cooks Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Alder Creek (A), Anderson Creek (B), Anthill Creek (C), Antone Creek (D), Basin Creek (E), Bean Creek (F), Big Beaver Creek (G), Big Sheep Creek (H), Birch Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Lima-Centennial Valley include: Great Northern Railway Historical Marker (1), Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge (2), United States Sheep Experiment Station (3), Lima City Park (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lima-Centennial Valley CCD (based on Beaverhead County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Beaverhead County:||3.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Beaverhead County:||5.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||18.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
7.80% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,225 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Gallatin County, MT||0.53% ($24,278 average AGI)|
|from Madison County, MT||0.50% ($28,059)|
|from Silver Bow County, MT||0.50% ($23,000)|
8.01% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,687 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lima-Centennial Valley:
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KZNR (690 AM; 10 kW; BLACKFOOT, ID; Owner: WESTERN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KID (590 AM; 5 kW; IDAHO FALLS, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBOW (550 AM; 5 kW; BUTTE, MT; Owner: BUTTE BROADCASTING INCORPORATED)
- KUPI (980 AM; 5 kW; AMMON, ID; Owner: RAY GROTH OIL COMPANY, INC.)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KZNI (1260 AM; 5 kW; IDAHO FALLS, ID)
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (40%)
- Wood (37%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (9%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Other fuel (4%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Lima-Centennial Valley compared to Montana state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.