We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||38.9 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04049.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $25,998 (it was $17,097 in 2000)
Limington town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $191,836 (it was $96,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $251,600; Detached houses: $276,250; Townhouses or other attached units: $321,289; In 2-unit structures: $115,453; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $131,156; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $277,612; Mobile homes: $56,388
Races in Limington, ME (2010)
- 3,56195.9%White alone
- 571.5%Two or more races
- 180.5%Asian alone
- 120.3%American Indian alone
- 80.2%Black alone
- 80.2%Other race alone
- 50.1%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|2 tornado touchdowns in 2 weeks? (17 replies)|
|The best place to live in Maine. (385 replies)|
|moving north and looking for low cost of living (56 replies)|
|What's it like to live in Porter, ME? (10 replies)|
|Help Buying a House? (197 replies)|
|Looking for Small Town (44 replies)|
Latest news from Limington, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (17.0%), Irish (14.1%), United States (13.8%), French (13.6%), German (6.7%), French Canadian (6.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/09/1792
Elevation: 474 feet
Land area: 42.0 square miles.
Population density: 88 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Limington:
- High school or higher: 82.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.0%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 34.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Limington town:
- Never married: 23.9%
- Now married: 57.0%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 7.0%
- Divorced: 11.3%
42 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Limington, Maine as of June 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Limington to the number of sex offenders is 974 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Limington town:||1.2% ($1,171)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (22.2 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (99.6 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (257.2 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Steep Falls, ME (2.2 miles ), Limerick, ME (2.2 miles ), Lake Arrowhead, ME (2.3 miles ), Cornish, ME (2.4 miles ), Baldwin, ME (2.5 miles ), Standish, ME (2.7 miles ), Hollis, ME (2.8 miles ), Waterboro, ME (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 20 buildings, average cost: $84,200
- 1998: 22 buildings, average cost: $67,000
- 1999: 25 buildings, average cost: $88,000
- 2000: 20 buildings, average cost: $87,800
- 2001: 42 buildings, average cost: $101,900
- 2002: 44 buildings, average cost: $104,400
- 2003: 41 buildings, average cost: $116,400
- 2004: 39 buildings, average cost: $128,500
- 2005: 43 buildings, average cost: $118,400
- 2006: 27 buildings, average cost: $126,900
- 2007: 20 buildings, average cost: $141,400
- 2008: 14 buildings, average cost: $128,700
- 2009: 8 buildings, average cost: $110,100
- 2010: 8 buildings, average cost: $98,900
- 2011: 5 buildings, average cost: $92,000
- 2012: 10 buildings, average cost: $96,500
- 2013: 8 buildings, average cost: $160,600
- 2014: 4 buildings, average cost: $193,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 43.73 N, Longitude: 70.70 W
Area code: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
- Construction (19%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Repair and maintenance (5%)
- Computer and electronic products (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Health care (19%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Social assistance (3%)
- Computer and electronic products (3%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Carpenters (7%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (4%)
Average climate in Limington, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Limington-area historical tornado activity is above Maine state average. It is 73% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/10/1966, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 21.4 miles away from the Limington town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 7/18/1963, a category F2 tornado 26.6 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Limington-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Maine state average. It is 90% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 47.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 158.5 miles away from Limington center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 182.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi) earthquake occurred 134.0 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 44.9 miles away from Limington center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 71.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in York County (31) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 23
Emergencies Declared: 8
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 21, Storms: 16, Winter Storms: 6, Snows: 5, Winds: 3, Heavy Rains: 2, Hurricanes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
airports located in Limington:
- Limington-Harmon Airport (63B) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 2,500, Local Ops: 10,000, Military Ops: 3)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Limington:
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 13 miles; Standish, ME; Full-time enrollment: 2,010)
- University of Southern Maine (about 22 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 25 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of New England (about 25 miles; Biddeford, ME; FT enrollment: 4,539)
- University of New Hampshire-Main Campus (about 44 miles; Durham, NH; FT enrollment: 15,243)
- Plymouth State University (about 50 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College (about 55 miles; Concord, NH; FT enrollment: 2,865)
Public elementary/middle school in Limington:
- H B EMERY JR MEMORIAL SCHOOL (Location: 908 CAPE ROAD, Grades: PK-5)
Notable locations in Limington: Davis Memorial Library (A), Limington Fire and Emergency Medical Services (B), Limington Volunteer Fire Department Station 2 (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Limington: Limington Congregation Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Marrs Cemetery (1), Gordon Cemetery (2), Cole Cemeteries (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Wards Pond (A), Boyd Pond (B), Doles Pond (C), Dollar Pond (D), Foss Ponds (E), Sand Pond (F), Horne Pond (G), Webster Millpond (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Back Brook (A), Hamlin Brook (B), Pease Brook (C), Horse Pond Brook (D), Little Ossipee River (E), Black Brook (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Riverbend Guide Service (Tours & Charters; 793 Sokokis Avenue) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 82.3. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.400. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 8.40. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 1.47. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 17.2 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 24.3. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 6.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 21.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.00. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.1 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Limington in 2000:
- 133 people in nursing homes
- 26 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 3 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 3 people in other group homes
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Limington town (based on York County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|York County:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|York County:||2.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|York County:||4.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
5.66% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($43,410 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved from foreign countries ($365 average AGI)
York County: 0.06% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Cumberland County, ME||1.47% ($34,596 average AGI)|
|from Strafford County, NH||0.53% ($34,957)|
|from Rockingham County, NH||0.39% ($50,026)|
5.39% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($38,387 average adjusted gross income)
0.07% of residents moved to foreign countries ($496 average AGI)
York County: 0.07% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Limington:
- WMTW (870 AM; 10 kW; GORHAM, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
- WGAN (560 AM; 5 kW; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WJAE (1440 AM; 5 kW; WESTBROOK, ME; Owner: ALTANTIC COAST RADIO, LLC)
- WZAN (970 AM; 5 kW; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WLOB (1310 AM; 5 kW; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST RADIO, LLC)
- WGIN (930 AM; 10 kW; ROCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WASR (1420 AM; 5 kW; WOLFEBORO, NH; Owner: RADIO WOLFEBORO, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Limington:
- WMEA (90.1 FM; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBLM (102.9 FM; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WJBQ (97.9 FM; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTHT (107.5 FM; LEWISTON, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WPOR (101.9 FM; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WMTW-FM (106.7 FM; NORTH WINDHAM, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
- WMSJ (89.3 FM; FREEPORT, ME; Owner: DOWNEAST CHRISTIAN COMMUNICATIONS)
- WPHX-FM (92.1 FM; SANFORD, ME; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING LLC)
- WSEW (88.5 FM; SANFORD, ME; Owner: WORD RADIO EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WCYY (94.3 FM; BIDDEFORD, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLKZ (104.9 FM; WOLFEBORO, NH; Owner: TELE-MEDIA COMPANY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, L.L.C.)
- WMEK-FM (99.9 FM; AUBURN, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
- WRED (95.9 FM; SACO, ME; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST RADIO, LLC)
- WMPG (90.9 FM; GORHAM, ME; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MAINE SYSTEM)
- WMEX (106.5 FM; FARMINGTON, NH; Owner: WIMMEX, LLC)
- WMGX (93.1 FM; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Limington:
- WMTW-TV (Channel 8; POLAND SPRING, ME; Owner: WMTW BROADCAST GROUP, LLC)
- WCSH (Channel 6; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
- WGME-TV (Channel 13; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: WGME LICENSEE, LLC)
- WMEA-TV (Channel 26; BIDDEFORD, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WPXT (Channel 51; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: HMW, INC.)
- WPME (Channel 35; LEWISTON, ME; Owner: KB PRIME MEDIA LLC)
- W32CA (Channel 32; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- W58CM (Channel 58; BANGOR, ME; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W57AP (Channel 57; FALMOUTH, ME; Owner: SHERWOOD H. CRAIG)
- WLLB-LP (Channel 15; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 13m43ftTotal length
- $794,000Total costs
- 11,291Total average daily traffic
- 959Total average daily truck traffic
- 16,198Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Limington)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- Limington St, 162 Sokokis Ave (Lat: 43.717667 Lon: -70.725806), Type: Mtower, Structure height: 45.7 m, Call Sign: WQSV266
Assigned Frequencies: 10775.0 MHzGrant Date: 11/20/2013, Expiration Date: 11/20/2023, Certifier: John E MondayRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 2200 N. Greenville Ave., 1w, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (972) 234-7003, Fax: (972) 301-6893, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Limington)
FAA Registered Aircraft:10 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Limington)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Limington and their reported violations in the past:RUNWAY RESTAURANT (Population served: 150, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 14 routine major monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 19
- Hazardous Condition: 60
- Good Intent Call: 3
Incident types - Limington
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (85%)
- Wood (9%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Limington compared to Maine state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Total of 11 patent applications in 2008-2017.