We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||49.8 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $26,491 (it was $18,579 in 2000)
Lincoln town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $167,314 (it was $109,000 in 2000)
Races in Lincoln, WI (2010)
- 2,37397.9%White alone
- 110.5%American Indian alone
- 100.4%Two or more races
- 60.2%Asian alone
- 20.08%Black alone
|Lincoln crest apartments west allis (0 replies)|
|Lincoln Park Neighborhood Milwaukee (4 replies)|
|Road Trip through Wisconsin (18 replies)|
|Median single family home price higher in Madison than Chicagoland (7 replies)|
|Where to live close to work in Madison (32 replies)|
|Russian Food stores? (3 replies)|
Latest news from Lincoln, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (41.6%), Polish (13.5%), Irish (12.9%), English (10.2%), French (5.7%), Norwegian (4.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 842 feet
Land area: 32.6 square miles.
Population density: 74 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Lincoln:
- High school or higher: 86.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.1%
- Unemployed: 7.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lincoln town:
- Never married: 18.4%
- Now married: 63.9%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 7.1%
- Divorced: 10.2%
46 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Lincoln town:||1.1% ($1,191)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Green Bay, WI (113.6 miles , pop. 102,313).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (196.5 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (292.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Eagle River, WI (0.9 miles ), Cloverland, WI (2.6 miles ), Sugar Camp, WI (2.8 miles ), Three Lakes, WI (3.0 miles ), Conover, WI (3.0 miles ), St. Germain, WI (3.5 miles ), Phelps, WI (3.5 miles ), Hiles, WI (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $158,900
- 2009: 5 buildings, average cost: $280,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.91 N, Longitude: 89.24 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (23%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Health care (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Health care (11%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Construction (5%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Painters and paperhangers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (10%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Waiters and waitresses (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Lincoln, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lincoln-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 56% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/25/1950, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.4 miles away from the Lincoln town center killed 2 people and injured 12 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1984, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 16.7 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 8 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lincoln-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 97% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 328.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 308.4 miles away from Lincoln center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 340.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 501.2 miles away from the city center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 537.0 miles away from Lincoln center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 290.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Vilas County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lincoln:
- Northcentral Technical College (about 68 miles; Wausau, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,356)
- Michigan Technological University (about 90 miles; Houghton, MI; FT enrollment: 6,078)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 98 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Northern Michigan University (about 99 miles; Marquette, MI; FT enrollment: 8,258)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 109 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 111 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 6,069)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (about 116 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 5,415)
Notable locations in Lincoln: Big T Dock and Ramp (A), Camp Ojibwa (B), Camp Marimeta (C), Trees for Tomorrow Recreation Site (D), Eagle River District Ranger Station (E), Walter E Olson Memorial Library (F), Vilas County Courthouse (G), Eagle River Village Hall (H), Travel Care International (I), Eagle River Joint Municipal Fire Commission (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Lincoln include: Seventh Day Adventist Church (A), Saint Peter the Fisherman Catholic Church (B), Saint Mary of the Snows Episcopal Church (C), Our Savior Lutheran Church (D), First Congregational United Church of Christ (E), First Church of Christ Scientist (F), Community Bible Church (G), Christ Lutheran Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Mud Minnow Lake (A), Otter Lake (B), Scat Lake (C), Silver Lake (D), Spring Lake (E), Taylor Lake (F), Lake Seventeen (G), Adams Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Rice Creek (A), Sucker Creek (B), Eagle River (C), Mud Creek (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 47.7. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2003 was 1.94. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.9 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 34.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 11.0. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 5.34. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 0.00227. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lincoln town (based on Vilas County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Vilas County:||4.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vilas County:||0.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vilas County:||11.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||38.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
6.02% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($48,375 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Oneida County, WI||1.04% ($27,250 average AGI)|
|from Waukesha County, WI||0.38% ($106,343)|
|from Milwaukee County, WI||0.30% ($40,143)|
5.57% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($44,043 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lincoln:
- WERL (950 AM; 1 kW; EAGLE RIVER, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WLKD (1570 AM; 5 kW; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WOBT (1240 AM; 1 kW; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lincoln:
- WXPR (91.7 FM; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: WHITE PINE COMMUNITY B/CASTING, INC.)
- WLSL (93.7 FM; THREE LAKES, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF RHINELANDER, INC.)
- WRJO (94.5 FM; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: BERNER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W296AD (107.1 FM; EAGLE RIVER, ETC., WI; Owner: WRVM, INC.)
- WRLO-FM (105.3 FM; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WMQA-FM (95.9 FM; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHDG (97.5 FM; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRHN (100.1 FM; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WCWL-LP (103.5 FM; CLEARWATER LAKE, WI; Owner: NORTHERN LAKES RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lincoln:
- WYOW (Channel 34; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WJFW-TV (Channel 12; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NORTHLAND TELEVISION, INC.)
- W57AR (Channel 57; SAYNER/VILAS COUNTY, WI; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- W04CS (Channel 4; CRANDON, WI; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WLEF-TV (Channel 36; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WTPX (Channel 46; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: PAXSON WAUSAU LICENSE, INC.)
- W31BA (Channel 31; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WBIJ (Channel 4; CRANDON, WI; Owner: SELENKA COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- 2,050Total average daily traffic
- 143Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,600Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:2
- Martin Rd (Lat: 44.635556 Lon: -87.626944), Type: 110.6, Overall height: 110 m, Registrant: 7158421437, , 115 S JEFFERSON ST
- .2 Mi W Of Cth P On Hawk Rd (Lat: 44.647778 Lon: -87.565000), Type: 80.5, Overall height: 80 m, Registrant: 7157623221
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (74%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- Electricity (5%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (3%)
- Wood (3%)
Lincoln compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.