|Median resident age:||41.0 years|
|Illinois median age:||39.6 years|
Zip codes: 62056.
Litchfield city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $70,189 (it was $52,000 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $616.
- White alone - 6,665 (96.1%)
- Hispanic - 103 (1.5%)
- Two or more races - 65 (0.9%)
- Black alone - 42 (0.6%)
- Asian alone - 37 (0.5%)
- American Indian alone - 14 (0.2%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 10 (0.1%)
- Other race alone - 3 (0.04%)
|Relocating to Chicago....I know, but please any advice? (19 replies)|
|Relocating to Illinois with family (38 replies)|
|Illinois Traffic Laws and Why We Need Them (5 replies)|
|Restaurants you wish were in the City! (164 replies)|
|Why is crime rate so high in Springfield, IL? (28 replies)|
|Carlinville (10 replies)|
Latest news from Litchfield, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (32.2%), United States (11.1%), Irish (9.5%), English (9.4%), Polish (4.0%), Italian (3.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 05/06/1896
Land area: 5.09 square miles.
Population density: 1,339 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Litchfield:
- High school or higher: 83.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 7.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Litchfield city:
- Never married: 18.9%
- Now married: 55.8%
- Separated: 3.7%
- Widowed: 7.8%
- Divorced: 13.8%
58 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 11 registered sex offenders living in Litchfield, Illinois as of May 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Litchfield to the number of sex offenders is 619 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,490 (2.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,279 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Springfield, IL (42.0 miles , pop. 111,454).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (49.5 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (211.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Butler, IL (2.6 miles) , Lake Ka-Ho, IL (2.7 miles ), Walshville, IL (2.8 miles) , Mount Olive, IL (2.9 miles ), Eagarville, IL (2.9 miles) , East Gillespie, IL (3.0 miles ), Hillsboro, IL (3.0 miles ), Taylor Springs, IL (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 5 buildings, average cost: $81,300
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $86,900
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $109,200
- 2000: 6 buildings, average cost: $101,300
- 2001: 14 buildings, average cost: $108,100
- 2002: 6 buildings, average cost: $130,700
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 39.18 N, Longitude: 89.65 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,484 (+20.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,885 (62.0%)
Area code: 217
|Crime rates in Litchfield by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 301.1)||265.9||333.6||333.3||335.6||339.1||326.9||348.9||249.9||300.2||327.1||253.6||263.0||182.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Litchfield detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.18|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -283 (-4.0%).
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Construction (13%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Information (5%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (29%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in Litchfield, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Litchfield-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 84% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1981, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 29.4 miles away from the Litchfield city center injured 32 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/1/1999, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 9.9 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 4 people.
Earthquake activity:Litchfield-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 107.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 98.2 miles away from Litchfield center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 130.5 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 139.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 108.7 miles away from Litchfield center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 93.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Montgomery County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Gary Hannig - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Litchfield:
- ST FRANCIS HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Church, 1215 FRANCISCAN DR)
- LITCHFIELD DIALYSIS (915 ST FRANCIS WAY)
- HERITAGE HEALTH-LITCHFIELD (628 SOUTH ILLINOIS STREET)
- LITCHFIELD CARE CENTER (1024 EAST TYLER)
- LITCHFIELD HEALTHCARE CENTER (1285 EAST UNION AVENUE)
- ST FRANCIS HSP TRANS CARE UNIT (1215 EAST UNION)
Airports and heliports located in Litchfield:
- Litchfield Municipal Airport (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 600, Itinerant Ops: 3,900, Local Ops: 9,900, Military Ops: 600)
- Litchfield West Side Emergency Services Heliport
- St Francis Hospital - Litchfield Heliport
College/University in Litchfield:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Litchfield:
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (about 33 miles; Edwardsville, IL; Full-time enrollment: 11,933)
- Lewis and Clark Community College (about 33 miles; Godfrey, IL; FT enrollment: 4,189)
- Lincoln Land Community College (about 38 miles; Springfield, IL; FT enrollment: 5,460)
- University of Illinois at Springfield (about 39 miles; Springfield, IL; FT enrollment: 3,748)
- McKendree University (about 41 miles; Lebanon, IL; FT enrollment: 2,564)
- University of Missouri-St Louis (about 48 miles; Saint Louis, MO; FT enrollment: 10,322)
- Southwestern Illinois College (about 48 miles; Belleville, IL; FT enrollment: 9,085)
Public high school in Litchfield:
- Litchfield Senior High School (Location: 1705 N State St; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Litchfield:
- Litchfield Middle School (Location: 1701 N State St; Grades: 6-8)
- Madison Park Elementary School (Location: 800 N Chestnut St; Grades: K-1)
- J D Colt Elementary School (Location: 615 E Tyler Ave; Grades: 2-3)
- Russell Elementary School (Location: 705 N Jefferson St; Grades: 4-5)
- Litchfield Prekindergarten School (Location: 601 S State St; Grades: PK)
Private elementary/middle school in Litchfield:
Notable locations in Litchfield: Route Sixty-Six Industrial Park (A), Litchfield Industrial Park (B), Sky View Drive-In (C), Litchfield City Hall (D), Montgomery County Courthouse (E), Litchfield Carnegie Public Library (F), Arch Air Medical Services (G), Litchfield Fire Department Station 2 (H), Litchfield Fire Department Station 1 (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Litchfield include: First Assembly of God Church (A), First Baptist Church (B), First Presbyterian Church (C), Mount Zion Lutheran Church (D), Saint Aloysius Roman Catholic Church (E), Saint Marys Catholic Church (F), Saint Timothy United Methodist Church (G), Seventh Day Church of God (H), South Side Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Holy Cross Cemetery (1), Elmwood Cemetery (2), Edgewood Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Lake Lou Yaeger (A), Litchfield Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Litchfield include: Madison Park (1), Sunshine Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Comfort Inn Litchfield (1010 East Columbian N Boulevard), Belvidere Motel (825 South Old Route 66), Baymont Inn (1405 West Hudson Drive), Countryside Inn (8105 Il Route 127 South).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 70.9. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.524. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 30.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 16.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.3 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2009 was 0.0102. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.3 miles away from the city center.
(21.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 3.7% for Black residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Litchfield in 2010:
- 201 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 26 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 15 people in group homes intended for adults
- 3 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
5 people in religious group quarters in 2000
Litchfield compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Banks with branches in Litchfield (2011 data):
- The Litchfield National Bank: at 316 North State Street, Wal Mart Branch, Drive-In Facility. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $90.3 mil, Deposits: $83.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Litchfield Bancshares Company
- The First National Bank of Litchfield: Drive-In Facility at #3 Ohren Drive, branch established on 1981/05/27; The First National Bank Of Litchfiel at 324 North State Street, branch established on 1860/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $92.6 mil, Deposits: $73.6 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: First Montgomery Bancorp, Inc.
- Bank & Trust Company: at 401 North Madison Street, branch established on 1902/09/01; Money Store Facility at Route 16 And 66, branch established on 1988/08/29. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $258.4 mil, Deposits: $229.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Lbt Bancshares, Inc.
- Jacksonville Savings Bank: 501 North State Street Branch at 501 North State Street, branch established on 1889/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $307.2 mil, Deposits: $259.3 mil, headquarters in Jacksonville, IL, positive income, 7 total offices
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Litchfield, Illinois:
- Super 8 Motel Litchfield, 110 Ohren Ln I-55 And Rt 16, Litchfield, IL 62056 , Phone: (217) 324-7788
- 66 Motel Court, 703 N Old Rt 66, Litchfield, IL 62056 , Phone: (217) 324-2179
- Americas Best Value Inn, 224 Ohren Ln, Litchfield, IL 62056 , Phone: (217) 324-2181, Fax: (217) 324-5231
- Comfort Inn-litchfield, 1010 E Columbian Blvd N, Litchfield, IL 62056 , Phone: (217) 324-9260
- Holiday Inn Express, 1405 W Hudson Dr, Litchfield, IL 62056 , Phone: (217) 324-4556, Fax: (217) 324-4514
- Hampton Inn, 11 Thunderbird Cir, Litchfield, IL 62056 , Phone: (217) 324-4441, Fax: (217) 324-4505
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (74%)
- Electricity (23%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Litchfield city (based on Montgomery County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 52.62%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||Lutheran Church||United Methodist Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America|
|Name||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Montgomery County:||2.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montgomery County:||0.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montgomery County:||8.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$22,693||$45,386||9||$2,400|
|Police Protection - Officers||14||$68,807||$58,977||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||15||$41,684||$33,347||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$18,467||$44,321||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||4||$12,460||$37,380||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||78||$285,686||$43,952||15||$6,984|
Litchfield government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Fire Protection: $339,000 ($49.74)
Regular Highways: $172,000 ($25.23)
Police Protection: $81,000 ($11.88)
Water Utilities: $16,000 ($2.35)
Libraries: $11,000 ($1.61)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $1,336,000 ($196.01)
Police Protection: $1,023,000 ($150.09)
General - Other: $773,000 ($113.41)
Sewerage: $618,000 ($90.67)
Water Utilities: $576,000 ($84.51)
Financial Administration: $512,000 ($75.12)
Fire Protection: $359,000 ($52.67)
Parks & Recreation: $273,000 ($40.05)
Libraries: $129,000 ($18.93)
General Public Buildings: $94,000 ($13.79)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $3,277,000 ($480.78)
Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $681,000 ($99.91)
Benefit Payments: $248,000 ($36.38)
Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $49,000 ($7.19)
- General - Interest on Debt: $268,000 ($39.32)
- Other Capital Outlay - Sewerage: $3,728,000 ($546.95)
Regular Highways: $346,000 ($50.76)
Financial Administration: $152,000 ($22.30)
Libraries: $98,000 ($14.38)
Water Utilities: $92,000 ($13.50)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,202,000 ($323.06)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $65,000 ($9.54)
Litchfield government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $988,000 ($144.95)
All Other: $226,000 ($33.16)
Parks & Recreation: $222,000 ($32.57)
- Employee Retirement - From Local Government: $169,000 ($24.79)
Local Employee Contribution: $56,000 ($8.22)
Interest Revenue: $55,000 ($8.07)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $502,000 ($73.65)
General Revenue, NEC: $336,000 ($49.30)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,016,000 ($149.06)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $2,611,000 ($383.07)
Highways: $441,000 ($64.70)
All Other: $8,000 ($1.17)
- Tax - Property: $713,000 ($104.61)
NEC: $79,000 ($11.59)
Litchfield government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,080,000 ($158.45)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $4,462,000 ($654.64)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $3,496,000 ($512.91)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $7,762,000 ($1138.79)
Water Utilities: $965,000 ($141.58)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $196,000 ($28.76)
Water Utilities: $115,000 ($16.87)
Litchfield government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Employee Retirement - Total Other Securities: $1,159,000 ($170.04)
Total Federal Securities: $682,000 ($100.06)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $10,591,000 ($1553.84)
4.24% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,518 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Macoupin County, IL||0.92% ($31,713 average AGI)|
|from Sangamon County, IL||0.42% ($31,935)|
|from Bond County, IL||0.34% ($33,838)|
4.99% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,883 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Litchfield:
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- WSMI (1540 AM; 1 kW; LITCHFIELD, IL; Owner: TALLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- KRFT (1190 AM; 10 kW; DE SOTO, MO; Owner: ALL SPORTS RADIO, LLC)
- KTRS (550 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KTRS-AM LICENSE, L.L.C.)
- KJSL (630 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: WMUZ RADIO, INC.)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WCBW (880 AM; 2 kW; HIGHLAND, IL; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KFUO (850 AM; 5 kW; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: LUTHERAN CHURCH-MISSOURI SYNOD)
- KFNS (590 AM; 1 kW; WOOD RIVER, IL; Owner: MISSOURI SPORTS RADIO, LLC)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KATZ (1600 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Litchfield:
- WSMI-FM (106.1 FM; LITCHFIELD, IL; Owner: TALLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXAJ (99.7 FM; HILLSBORO, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WIBI (91.1 FM; CARLINVILLE, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WAOX (105.3 FM; STAUNTON, IL; Owner: TALLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSIE (88.7 FM; EDWARDSVILLE, IL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES, S. ILLINOIS UNIV.)
- WOLG (95.9 FM; CARLINVILLE, IL; Owner: COVENANT NETWORK)
- WTSG (90.1 FM; CARLINVILLE, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WTRH (93.3 FM; RAMSEY, IL; Owner: COUNTRYSIDE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJLY (88.3 FM; RAMSEY, IL; Owner: COUNTRYSIDE BROADCASTING)
TV broadcast stations around Litchfield:
- WRSP-TV (Channel 55; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: SPRINGFIELD BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WICS (Channel 20; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: WICS LICENSEE, LLC)
- WSEC (Channel 14; JACKSONVILLE, IL; Owner: WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 12
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 15
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 5
- Fatalities: 13
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 24
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 118
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 179
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 40
- Fatalities: 127
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 313
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 20
Total length: 4 meters (13ft)
Total average daily traffic: 559
Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic: 595
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 93 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Litchfield, IL)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 58 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Litchfield)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 14 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Litchfield)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 42
- Hazardous Condition: 24
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Litchfield
|Most common first names in Litchfield, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Litchfield, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Litchfield, IL|
|AT&T||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Dairy Queen||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Fashion Bug||1||Ruby Tuesday||1|
|H&R Block||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Jack In The Box||1||Walgreens||1|
Litchfield on our top lists:
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Motor vehicle and parts dealers (population 5,000+)"
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Repair and maintenance (population 5,000+)"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Department and other general merchandise stores (population 5,000+)"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest wind speed differences during a year (population 5,000+)"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in nursing homes (population 5,000+)"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (population 5,000+)"
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Transportation equipment (population 5,000+)"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Other direct selling establishments (population 5,000+)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most White Non-Hispanic residents (pop 5,000+)"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of workers with very short commute times (9 minutes or less) (population 5,000+)"
- #90 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of arson incidents in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
Total of 13 patent applications in 2008-2015.