Logan-Nara Visa, New Mexico
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||47.0 years|
|New Mexico median age:||34.6 years|
Zip code: 88426
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $16,142 (it was $12,827 in 2000)
Logan-Nara Visa CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $73,109 (it was $51,200 in 2000)
Races in Logan-Nara Visa, NM (2000)
- 1,04478.5%White alone
- 151.1%Two or more races
- 100.8%American Indian alone
- 30.2%Black alone
- 20.2%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.08%Other race alone
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 524.8 square miles.
Population density: 2.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Logan-Nara Visa:
- High school or higher: 78.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 5.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Logan-Nara Visa CCD:
- Never married: 16.7%
- Now married: 62.0%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 11.0%
- Divorced: 10.3%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Logan-Nara Visa CCD:||0.5% ($244)|
|New Mexico:||0.7% ($699)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Amarillo, TX (87.1 miles , pop. 173,627).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Albuquerque, NM (185.3 miles , pop. 448,607).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (418.5 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Logan, NM (2.9 miles ), Nara Visa, NM (4.2 miles) , South Harding, NM (4.3 miles) , San Jon, NM (4.9 miles ), Tucumcari, NM (5.4 miles ), Mosquero, NM (6.4 miles) , Conchas Dam, NM (6.4 miles ), Adrian, TX (6.4 miles) .
Latitude: 35.46 N, Longitude: 103.35 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 505
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (24%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (21%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (8%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Gasoline stations (4%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Rail transportation (3%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Public administration (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Health care (8%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Gasoline stations (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (14%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Waiters and waitresses (7%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (7%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
Average climate in Logan-Nara Visa, New Mexico
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Logan-Nara Visa-area historical tornado activity is significantly above New Mexico state average. It is 58% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/3/1961, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 19.7 miles away from the Logan-Nara Visa place center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 7/12/1963, a category F2 tornado 22.4 miles away from the place center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Logan-Nara Visa-area historical earthquake activity is below New Mexico state average. It is 31% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 128.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 223.9 miles away from Logan-Nara Visa center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 216.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/3/2007 at 14:34:38, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.4 MW, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 140.5 miles away from the city center
On 9/5/2001 at 10:52:07, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 136.1 miles away from Logan-Nara Visa center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 165.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Quay County (5) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Logan-Nara Visa:
- Amarillo College (about 88 miles; Amarillo, TX; Full-time enrollment: 6,622)
- West Texas A & M University (about 88 miles; Canyon, TX; FT enrollment: 6,820)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Main Campus (about 89 miles; Portales, NM; FT enrollment: 4,263)
- New Mexico Highlands University (about 106 miles; Las Vegas, NM; FT enrollment: 2,931)
- Wayland Baptist University (about 128 miles; Plainview, TX; FT enrollment: 5,526)
- South Plains College (about 142 miles; Levelland, TX; FT enrollment: 7,007)
- Santa Fe Community College (about 150 miles; Santa Fe, NM; FT enrollment: 3,047)
Notable locations in Logan-Nara Visa: Leak Well (A), McAlister Well (B), Moon Well (C), New Windmill (D), Red Windmill (E), Rock Ranch (F), Sand Hill Windmill (G), Sand Springs Ranch (H), Simms Ranch (I), South Well (J), Connel Well (K), Track Well (L), Ward Well (M), Lockney (N), Bell Well (O), Buckf Windmill (P), Burks Ranch (Q), Hackerott (R), McAlister (S), Kuper (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Logan-Nara Visa include: Church of Christ (A), Logan Assembly of God Church (B), First Baptist Church (C), Nara Vista Assembly of God (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Cherokee Valley Cemetery (1), Logan Cemetery (2), Obar Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Snyder Lake (A), Bell Tank (B), Dirt Tank (C), Logan Tank (D), Ochenta Tank (E), Vandergrift Tank (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: West Fork Nara Visa Arroyo (A), North Fork Minneosa Creek (B), Rana Arroyo (C), East Fork Nara Visa Arroyo (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Logan-Nara Visa: Ute Lake State Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This place:||2.1 people|
|New Mexico:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
|New Mexico average:||14.5|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Logan-Nara Visa CCD (based on Quay County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Quay County:||2.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Mexico:||1.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Quay County:||1.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Mexico:||0.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Quay County:||13.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
7.28% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,252 average adjusted gross income)
|New Mexico average:||6.50%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
7.67% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,426 average adjusted gross income)
|New Mexico average:||6.43%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Logan-Nara Visa:
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
- KIJN (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FARWELL, TX; Owner: METROPOLITIAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KGNC (710 AM; 10 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KTNM (1400 AM; 1 kW; TUCUMCARI, NM; Owner: QUAY BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KNMX (540 AM; 5 kW; LAS VEGAS, NM; Owner: SANGRE DE CRISTO B/DCASTING CO, INC)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KIXZ (940 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (83%)
- Electricity (10%)
- Wood (4%)
- Other fuel (2%)
- Utility gas (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Logan-Nara Visa compared to New Mexico state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
State forum archive: