Lovington, New Mexico
Lovington: Sunset Looking West on Avenue K
Lovington: Rotary Park
Lovington: Lea County Museum
Lovington: Lea County Court House
Lovington: Chaparrel Park
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||28.8 years|
|New Mexico median age:||37.7 years|
Zip codes: 88260.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $19,629 (it was $12,752 in 2000)
Lovington city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $104,447 (it was $43,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $117,606; Detached houses: $126,178; Mobile homes: $76,590
Median gross rent in 2016: $715.
Races in Lovington, NM (2010)
- 3,48731.7%White alone
- 2202.0%Black alone
- 830.8%American Indian alone
- 900.8%Two or more races
- 380.3%Asian alone
- 150.1%Other race alone
|Hobbs/Lovington or Seminole? (3 replies)|
|Boom and bust cycle (2 replies)|
|Wrong way for housing in Lovington, NM (7 replies)|
|Had enough of Maine and want to move... (64 replies)|
|Clovis vs Portales (85 replies)|
|If you could pick any two places to live in New Mexico, where would they be? (65 replies)|
Latest news from Lovington, NM collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (4.4%), German (3.0%), Irish (2.1%), English (1.0%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 3210 feet
Land area: 4.77 square miles.
Population density: 2,480 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Lovington:
- High school or higher: 68.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.8%
- Unemployed: 9.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lovington city:
- Never married: 35.8%
- Now married: 44.9%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 5.3%
- Divorced: 11.2%
2,203 residents are foreign born (18.8% Latin America).
According to our research of New Mexico and other state lists there were 31 registered sex offenders living in Lovington, New Mexico as of July 21, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Lovington to the number of sex offenders is 373 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $887 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $313 (0.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Odessa, TX (94.6 miles , pop. 90,943).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: El Paso, TX (196.3 miles , pop. 563,662).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: San Antonio, TX (374.7 miles , pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: North Hobbs, NM (4.2 miles ), Hobbs, NM (4.5 miles ), Tatum, NM (4.6 miles ), Monument, NM (4.8 miles ), Nadine, NM (5.1 miles ), Denver City, TX (5.5 miles ), Plains, TX (5.9 miles ), Eunice, NM (6.1 miles ).
Latitude: 32.95 N, Longitude: 103.35 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -323 (-2.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,875 (44.4%)
Area code: 505
|Crime rates in Lovington by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.0)||394.6||275.0||286.9||272.1||432.4||342.9||386.3||327.5||253.9||225.6||46.0||227.3||181.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Lovington detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.24|
|New Mexico average:||2.60|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +22 (+0.2%).
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (37%)
- Construction (10%)
- Wholesale trade (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (3%)
- Health care and social assistance (27%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (29%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (12%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Production occupations (9%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (21%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (13%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Healthcare support occupations (5%)
Average climate in Lovington, New Mexico
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lovington-area historical tornado activity is significantly above New Mexico state average. It is 41% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/17/1954, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.9 miles away from the Lovington city center .
On 7/24/1960, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 3.1 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lovington-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below New Mexico state average. It is 6% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 184.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 44.8 miles away from Lovington center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 150.2 miles away from the city center
On 12/19/2005 at 20:27:40, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.1 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 75.3 miles away from the city center
On 1/29/1990 at 13:16:10, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 LG, Depth: 7.5 mi) earthquake occurred 228.3 miles away from Lovington center
On 5/23/2004 at 09:22:05, a magnitude 4.0 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 76.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Lea County (5) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 2, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ronnie Black - Professional golfer, Ray Berry - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Lovington:
Airports and heliports located in Lovington:
- Lea County-Zip Franklin Memorial Airport (E06) (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 1,100, Local Ops: 1,100)
- Nor Lea County General Hospital Heliport (NM94)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lovington:
- South Plains College (about 72 miles; Levelland, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,007)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus (about 73 miles; Roswell, NM; FT enrollment: 2,212)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Main Campus (about 86 miles; Portales, NM; FT enrollment: 4,263)
- Odessa College (about 94 miles; Odessa, TX; FT enrollment: 3,107)
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin (about 95 miles; Odessa, TX; FT enrollment: 2,982)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (about 96 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 3,269)
- Texas Tech University (about 96 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 29,251)
Public high schools in Lovington:
Public elementary/middle schools in Lovington:
- TAYLOR MIDDLE (Students: 463, Location: 700 SOUTH 11TH ST, Grades: 7-8)
- YARBRO ELEMENTARY (Students: 439, Location: 700 WEST JEFFERSON AVE, Grades: 4-5)
- BEN ALEXANDER ELEMENTARY (Students: 237, Location: 1400 SOUTH SIXTH, Grades: 2)
- JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY (Students: 230, Location: 300 WEST JEFFERSON AVE, Grades: 3)
- LEA ELEMENTARY (Students: 217, Location: 1100 WEST BIRCH AVE, Grades: 1)
- LOVINGTON 6TH GRADE ACADEMY (Location: 500 WEST JEFFERSON AVE, Grades: 6)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- home of brian urlacher from the chicago bears, played at UNM
Notable locations in Lovington: Lovington Weather Station (A), Lea County Museum (B), Lovington Fire Department (C), Lea County Courthouse Historic Site (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Town and Country Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Lovington include: The Church of Latter Day Saints (A), First Christian Church (B), Our Savior Lutheran Church (C), Church of God (D), Trinity Baptist Church (E), Love Street Baptist Church (F), Jackson Avenue Baptist Church (G), Victory Baptist Church (H), First Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Lovington: Lovington Historical Marker (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Desert Aire Motel (1620 South Main Avenue), Western Inn (2212 South Main Avenue), Lovington Inn (1600 West Avenue D), Mack's Motel (805 West Avenue D).
Court: Lea - County - Eunice & Jal- Magistrate Court Div 3- State Magistrate C (100 West Central Avenue Suite D).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 64.5. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 4.19. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 0.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 30.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 18.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.34. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.2 miles away from the city center.
(18.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 76.4% for Black residents, 16.2% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 25.0% for American Indian residents, 17.8% for other race residents, 5.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||3.0 people|
|New Mexico:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
60 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
174 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
62 people in nursing homes in 2000
Banks with branches in Lovington (2011 data):
- Western Commerce Bank: West Branch at 1003 West Avenue D, branch established on 1973/06/18; Lovington Main Branch at 18 West Adams Street, branch established on 1947/02/28. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $363.8 mil, Deposits: $323.7 mil, headquarters in Carlsbad, NM, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices, Holding Company: Western Commerce Bancshares Of Carlsbad, Inc.
- Lea County State Bank: Lovington Branch at 320 S. Main, branch established on 1935/02/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $240.1 mil, Deposits: $211.8 mil, headquarters in Hobbs, NM, positive income, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Lea County Bancshares, Inc.
- First American Bank: Lovington Branch at 19 West Washington, branch established on 2005/02/22. Info updated 2010/06/26: Bank assets: $732.3 mil, Deposits: $605.7 mil, headquarters in Artesia, NM, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 14 total offices, Holding Company: First Artesia Bancshares, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Lovington Branch at 601 South Main Ave, branch established on 1972/04/17. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
|New Mexico average:||12.9|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lovington city (based on Lea County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Lea County:||1.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Mexico:||1.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lea County:||0.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Mexico:||0.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lea County:||5.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Lovington, NM Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||7||$13,526||$23,187||1||$467|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$2,347||$28,164||1||$1,227|
|Police Protection - Officers||23||$91,373||$47,673||0||$0|
|Police - Other||8||$16,581||$24,872||0||$0|
|Fire - Other||2||$4,876||$29,256||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||5||$17,243||$41,383||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||1||$2,090||$25,080||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||9||$26,274||$35,032||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||3||$6,530||$26,120||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$6,954||$27,816||1||$1,018|
|Totals for Government||108||$336,508||$37,390||7||$5,136|
Lovington government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Central Staff Services: $564,000 ($47.64)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($0.25)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $1,840,000 ($155.41)
Police Protection: $1,020,000 ($86.15)
Water Utilities: $718,000 ($60.64)
Fire Protection: $589,000 ($49.75)
Solid Waste Management: $567,000 ($47.89)
Regular Highways: $362,000 ($30.57)
Sewerage: $355,000 ($29.98)
Financial Administration: $308,000 ($26.01)
Parks & Recreation: $288,000 ($24.32)
Libraries: $190,000 ($16.05)
Central Staff Services: $141,000 ($11.91)
Health Services - Other: $136,000 ($11.49)
Judicial and Legal Services: $40,000 ($3.38)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $18,000 ($1.52)
- Other Capital Outlay - Sewerage: $70,000 ($5.91)
Water Utilities: $68,000 ($5.74)
Police Protection: $63,000 ($5.32)
Central Staff: $57,000 ($4.81)
Regular Highways: $29,000 ($2.45)
Judicial: $19,000 ($1.60)
General - Other: $17,000 ($1.44)
Parks & Recreation: $16,000 ($1.35)
Solid Waste Management: $15,000 ($1.27)
Libraries: $14,000 ($1.18)
Fire Protection: $13,000 ($1.10)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,935,000 ($247.89)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
Lovington government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $535,000 ($45.19)
All Other: $363,000 ($30.66)
Sewerage: $241,000 ($20.35)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $350,000 ($29.56)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $440,000 ($37.16)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $318,000 ($26.86)
Rents: $75,000 ($6.33)
Interest Earnings: $54,000 ($4.56)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,064,000 ($89.86)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,468,000 ($123.99)
Highways: $454,000 ($38.34)
All Other: $126,000 ($10.64)
Public Welfare: $90,000 ($7.60)
Education: $5,000 ($0.42)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $1,458,000 ($123.14)
Public Utilities: $218,000 ($18.41)
Property: $198,000 ($16.72)
Other Selective Sales: $33,000 ($2.79)
NEC: $12,000 ($1.01)
Lovington government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $3,000 ($0.25)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $3,000 ($0.25)
Lovington government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,013,000 ($170.02)
5.81% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,469 average adjusted gross income)
|New Mexico average:||6.50%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Maricopa County, AZ||0.33% ($25,373 average AGI)|
|from Lubbock County, TX||0.26% ($26,943)|
|from El Paso County, TX||0.25% ($31,288)|
6.07% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($40,120 average adjusted gross income)
|New Mexico average:||6.43%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lovington:
- KLEA (630 AM; 1 kW; LOVINGTON, NM; Owner: LEA COUNTY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KYKK (1110 AM; daytime; 5 kW; HUMBLE CITY, NM; Owner: NOALMARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KHOB (1390 AM; 5 kW; HOBBS, NM; Owner: AMERICAN ASSET MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBIM (910 AM; 5 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: KING BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KIJN (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FARWELL, TX; Owner: METROPOLITIAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KCRS (550 AM; 5 kW; MIDLAND, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KELP (1590 AM; 50 kW; EL PASO, TX; Owner: MCCLATCHEY BROADCASTING)
- KFYO (790 AM; 5 kW; LUBBOCK, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCRX (1430 AM; 5 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: ROSENDO CASAREZ, JR.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lovington:
- KBIM-FM (94.9 FM; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: KING BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KWMW (105.1 FM; MALJAMAR, NM; Owner: M.T.D. INC)
- KIXN (102.9 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: NOALMARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KLEA-FM (101.7 FM; LOVINGTON, NM; Owner: LEA COUNTY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KZOR (94.1 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: NOALMARK B/CNG CORP. HOBBS)
- KMTH (98.7 FM; MALJAMAR, NM; Owner: BD. OF REGENTS EASTERN N.M. UNIV.)
- KLMA (96.5 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: OJEDA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KPER (95.7 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: NOALMARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K211CW (90.1 FM; HOBBS, NM; Owner: CONNECTION COMMUNICATIONS ASSOC., INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lovington:
- K27GL (Channel 27; HOBBS, NM; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- K50GM (Channel 50; HOBBS, NM; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- KOBR (Channel 8; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: STANLEY S. HUBBARD REVOCABLE TRUST)
- KHFT (Channel 29; HOBBS, NM; Owner: RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- K47CF (Channel 47; HOBBS, NM; Owner: RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- KHLC-LP (Channel 52; HOBBS, NM; Owner: PRIME TIME CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K58EJ (Channel 58; HOBBS, NM; Owner: KOAT HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- K12NH (Channel 12; HOBBS, NM; Owner: KOAT HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- K46FE (Channel 46; ARTESIA, NM; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 117 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Lovington, NM)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 77 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 32 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Lovington)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 17 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Lovington)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lovington and their reported violations in the past:LOVINGTON MUNICIPAL WATER SUPPLY (Address: 214 South Love , Population served: 9,870, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Failure To Address Deficiency - In MAY-01-2012, Contaminant: GROUNDWATER RULE. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (OCT-19-2013), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-30-2013), St Public Notif requested (OCT-30-2013), St Compliance achieved (2 times from NOV-21-2013 to NOV-21-2013)
- Failure To Address Deficiency - In DEC-25-2011, Contaminant: GROUNDWATER RULE. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAR-14-2012), St Public Notif received (OCT-19-2013), St Public Notif requested (OCT-30-2013), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-30-2013)
- One minor monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 107
- Hazardous Condition: 27
- Service Call: 9
Incident types - Lovington
|Most common first names in Lovington, NM among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lovington, NM among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (58%)
- Electricity (39%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Lovington, NM|
|H&R Block||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
Lovington compared to New Mexico state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Lovington on our top lists:
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (population 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Construction and extraction occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #94 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (population 5,000+)"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest decrease in the number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2006 to 2007-2013 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #52 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Romney (Republican) in the 2012 Presidential Election (pop. 50,000+)"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Nitrogen Dioxide air pollution readings in 2012 (ppm)"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Nitrogen Dioxide air pollution readings in 2012 (ppm)"