|Median resident age:||47.9 years|
|Missouri median age:||33.9 years|
Zip codes: 64763.
Lowry City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $29,946 (it was $35,200 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $368.
- White alone - 616 (96.3%)
- Hispanic - 12 (1.9%)
- Two or more races - 6 (0.9%)
- American Indian alone - 5 (0.8%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.2%)
|Lowry City, MO (9 replies)|
|Questions about state highway 13. (4 replies)|
|Halloween activities 2009 (2 replies)|
|Where are any Haunted Houses/Corn Mazes/Hayrides, etc.? (8 replies)|
|Clinton, Osceola Area (0 replies)|
Latest news from Lowry City, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (17.8%), United States (16.8%), Irish (13.8%), English (9.6%), Scotch-Irish (4.9%), Welsh (2.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1897
Elevation: 885 feet
Land area: 1.02 square miles.Population density: 611 people per square mile (low).
For population 25 years and over in Lowry City:
- High school or higher: 70.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lowry City city:
- Never married: 31.2%
- Now married: 37.1%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 13.5%
- Divorced: 15.3%
5 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in Lowry City, Missouri as of January 31, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Lowry City to the number of sex offenders is 125 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $325 (1.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $482 (1.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lee's Summit, MO (64.5 miles , pop. 70,700).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Kansas City, MO (78.7 miles , pop. 441,545).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (407.6 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Osceola, MO (2.6 miles ), Brownington, MO (2.7 miles) , Deepwater, MO (3.0 miles ), Vista, MO (3.3 miles) , Roscoe, MO (3.5 miles) , La Due, MO (3.8 miles) , Tightwad, MO (3.9 miles) , Gerster, MO (3.9 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2004: 12 buildings, average cost: $14,800
- 2006: 10 buildings, average cost: $14,800
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $30,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 38.14 N, Longitude: 93.73 W
Area code: 417
|Crime rates in Lowry City by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 287.5)||509.8||686.5||229.3||407.6||306.7||69.7||129.7||23.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Lowry City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.12|
- Retail trade (35%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Transportation and warehousing (11%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Construction (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (35%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Finance and insurance (9%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (8%)
- Information (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Painters and paperhangers (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (11%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (9%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
Average climate in Lowry City, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lowry City-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Missouri state average. It is 43% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 29.0 miles away from the Lowry City city center injured 5 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 3/15/1982, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 6.4 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 8 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lowry City-area historical earthquake activity is near Missouri state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 239.2 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 240.7 miles away from Lowry City center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 317.8 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 255.6 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 220.1 miles away from Lowry City center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 222.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Hospitals and medical centers in Lowry City:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Lowry City:
- ST CLAIR COUNTY HEALTH CENTER (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; OSCEOLA, MO)
- CHASTAIN'S OF CLINTON (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CLINTON, MO)
- CLINTON HEALTHCARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CLINTON, MO)
- TWIN LAKES HOSPICE, INC (Hospital, about 16 miles away; CLINTON, MO)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lowry City:
- Southwest Baptist University (about 42 miles; Bolivar, MO; Full-time enrollment: 2,783)
- University of Central Missouri (about 43 miles; Warrensburg, MO; FT enrollment: 9,952)
- State Fair Community College (about 46 miles; Sedalia, MO; FT enrollment: 3,581)
- Drury University (about 69 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 3,902)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (about 69 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 10,356)
- Evangel University (about 69 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Missouri State University-Springfield (about 70 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 16,660)
Notable locations in Lowry City: Lowry City Municipal Building (A), Lowry City Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lowry City and their reported violations in the past:KREBS MOBILE HOME LIVING (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One regular monitoring violation
(40.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 77.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 85.2% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
67 people in nursing homes in 2000
Lowry City compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Lowry City (2011 data):
- St. Clair County State Bank: Lowry City Branch at 404 East 3rd Street, branch established on 1903/04/14. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $118.3 mil, Deposits: $103.0 mil, headquarters in Osceola, MO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Scc Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (51%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (30%)
- Wood (14%)
- Utility gas (4%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Religion statistics for Lowry City city (based on St. Clair County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 47.82%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Old Missionary Baptists Associations|
|Name||Assemblies of God||Catholic Church||Church of the Nazarene||Church of the Brethren||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|St. Clair County:||6.39 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|St. Clair County:||5.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|St. Clair County:||28.8%|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||5||$410|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$1,718||$20,616||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$2,592||$31,104||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$234|
|Totals for Government||4||$6,902||$20,706||8||$2,492|
9.18% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($27,158 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Henry County, MO||1.18% ($21,686 average AGI)|
|from Jackson County, MO||1.14% ($33,882)|
|from Cedar County, MO||0.57% ($27,294)|
8.35% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($24,528 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lowry City:
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- KRMS (1150 AM; 10 kW; OSAGE BEACH, MO; Owner: VIPER COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- KDKD (1280 AM; 1 kW; CLINTON, MO; Owner: CLINTON RADIO COMPANY)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KCMO (710 AM; 10 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA KANSAS CITY PARTNERSHIP)
- KBNN (750 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEBANON, MO; Owner: OZARK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCCV (760 AM; daytime; 6 kW; OVERLAND PARK, KS; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KCSP (610 AM; 5 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: ENTERCOM KANSAS CITY LICENSE, LLC)
- KCTE (1510 AM; daytime; 10 kW; INDEPENDENCE, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lowry City:
- KCVJ (92.3 FM; OSCEOLA, MO; Owner: LAKE AREA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KLRQ (96.1 FM; CLINTON, MO; Owner: B & F BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDKD-FM (95.3 FM; CLINTON, MO; Owner: CLINTON RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- KWKJ (98.5 FM; WINDSOR, MO; Owner: D & H MEDIA, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Lowry City:
- KMOS-TV (Channel 6; SEDALIA, MO; Owner: BOARD OF GOVERNORS OF CENTRAL MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY)
Lowry City fatal accident list:
Sep 21, 2007 10:55 AM, Sr-13, 3rdst, Lat: 38.14047, Lon: -93.71830, Vehicles: 3, Fatalities: 1
Jul 26, 2006 09:56 PM, Sr-13, Lat: 38.14036, Lon: -93.71872, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Aug 13, 1987 08:02 AM, 13, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 8, Fatalities: 4
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:7
- Call Sign: KA0GIN, Licensee ID: L00760038
Grant Date: 08/08/2005, Expiration Date: 11/06/2015, Certifier: Sharon K Wright
Registrant: Sharon K Wright, 7870 Ne 51, Lowry City, MO 64763
- Call Sign: KC5ICV, Licensee ID: L00848721
Grant Date: 04/19/2004, Expiration Date: 07/15/2014, Certifier: Phyllis A Bourland
Registrant: Phyllis A Bourland, 7230 Ne 1051 Private Road, Lowry City, MO 64763
- Call Sign: KJ5UI, Licensee ID: L01667030
Grant Date: 10/24/2003, Expiration Date: 01/18/2014
Registrant: Arlen K Bourland, 7230 N.E.1051 Private Road, Lowry City, MO 64763
- Call Sign: N0NDR, Licensee ID: L00310218
Grant Date: 12/28/2000, Expiration Date: 03/26/2011, Cancellation Date: 03/28/2013
Registrant: Charles L Cone, 502 Mahan St, Lowry City, MO 64763
- Call Sign: N0RKF, Licensee ID: L00347793
Grant Date: 01/21/2012, Expiration Date: 03/03/2022
Registrant: Paul T Roberts, 2225 Ne Highway A, Lowry City, MO 64763-8100
- Call Sign: WA0FNF, Licensee ID: L01176827
Grant Date: 07/28/2006, Expiration Date: 10/17/2016, Certifier: James A Wright
Registrant: James A Wright, 7870 Ne 51 Rd, Lowry City, MO 64763
- Call Sign: KC0SUY, Licensee ID: L00895120
Grant Date: 07/21/2004, Expiration Date: 07/21/2014, Certifier: Floyd A Davis
Registrant: Floyd A Davis, 105 W Leslie, Lowry City, MO 64763
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 30
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Lowry City
|Most common first names in Lowry City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lowry City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Lowry City, MO
- Long John Silver's: 1