Lowry City, Missouri
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||52.6 years|
|Missouri median age:||38.4 years|
Zip codes: 64763.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $16,849 (it was $10,968 in 2000)
Lowry City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $44,712 (it was $35,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $127,573; Detached houses: $143,801; Townhouses or other attached units: $126,806; Mobile homes: $87,566
Median gross rent in 2016: $476.
Races in Lowry City, MO (2010)
- 61696.3%White alone
- 60.9%Two or more races
- 50.8%American Indian alone
- 10.2%Black alone
|Lowry City, MO (9 replies)|
|Questions about state highway 13. (4 replies)|
|Halloween activities 2009 (2 replies)|
|Where are any Haunted Houses/Corn Mazes/Hayrides, etc.? (8 replies)|
|Clinton, Osceola Area (0 replies)|
Latest news from Lowry City, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (26.1%), English (20.1%), German (8.7%), Scotch-Irish (7.6%), Irish (5.4%), Dutch (1.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1897
Elevation: 885 feet
Land area: 1.02 square miles.
Population density: 611 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Lowry City:
- High school or higher: 80.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.3%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lowry City city:
- Never married: 22.0%
- Now married: 45.2%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 13.2%
- Divorced: 16.7%
3 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 8 registered sex offenders living in Lowry City, Missouri as of March 19, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Lowry City to the number of sex offenders is 69 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $461 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $389 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lee's Summit, MO (64.5 miles , pop. 70,700).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Kansas City, MO (78.7 miles , pop. 441,545).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (407.6 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Osceola, MO (2.6 miles ), Brownington, MO (2.7 miles) , Deepwater, MO (3.0 miles ), Vista, MO (3.3 miles) , Roscoe, MO (3.5 miles) , La Due, MO (3.8 miles) , Tightwad, MO (3.9 miles) , Gerster, MO (3.9 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2004: 12 buildings, average cost: $14,800
- 2006: 10 buildings, average cost: $14,800
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $30,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $183,300
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $194,700
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 38.14 N, Longitude: 93.73 W
Area code: 417
|Crime rates in Lowry City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 278.0)||509.8||659.5||220.3||391.6||294.6||66.9||124.6||22.2||0.0||32.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Lowry City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.62|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (23%)
- Public administration (15%)
- Construction (11%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (50%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Production occupations (18%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (15%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (5%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (21%)
- Healthcare support occupations (16%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (14%)
- Personal care and service occupations (12%)
- Production occupations (10%)
- Health technologists and technicians (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
Average climate in Lowry City, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lowry City-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Missouri state average. It is 43% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 29.0 miles away from the Lowry City city center injured 5 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 3/15/1982, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 6.4 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 8 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lowry City-area historical earthquake activity is near Missouri state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 239.2 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 240.7 miles away from Lowry City center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 317.8 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 255.6 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 220.1 miles away from Lowry City center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 222.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in St. Clair County (3) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Winds: 3 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Lowry City:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Lowry City:
- ST CLAIR COUNTY HEALTH CENTER (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; OSCEOLA, MO)
- CHASTAIN'S OF CLINTON (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CLINTON, MO)
- CLINTON HEALTHCARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CLINTON, MO)
- TWIN LAKES HOSPICE, INC (Hospital, about 16 miles away; CLINTON, MO)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lowry City:
- Southwest Baptist University (about 42 miles; Bolivar, MO; Full-time enrollment: 2,783)
- University of Central Missouri (about 43 miles; Warrensburg, MO; FT enrollment: 9,952)
- State Fair Community College (about 46 miles; Sedalia, MO; FT enrollment: 3,581)
- Drury University (about 69 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 3,902)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (about 69 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 10,356)
- Evangel University (about 69 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Missouri State University-Springfield (about 70 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 16,660)
Notable locations in Lowry City: Lowry City Municipal Building (A), Lowry City Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
(25.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
67 people in nursing homes in 2000
Banks with branches in Lowry City (2011 data):
- St. Clair County State Bank: Lowry City Branch at 404 East 3rd Street, branch established on 1903/04/14. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $118.3 mil, Deposits: $103.0 mil, headquarters in Osceola, MO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Scc Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lowry City city (based on St. Clair County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|St. Clair County:||6.39 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|St. Clair County:||5.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|St. Clair County:||28.8%|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Lowry City, MO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$2,037||$24,444||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||0||$0||2||$3,074|
|Streets and Highways||1||$1,683||$20,196||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||5||$10,403||$24,967||2||$3,074|
6.77% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,743 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Henry County, MO||0.84% ($16,692 average AGI)|
|from Jackson County, MO||0.81% ($37,480)|
|from Cedar County, MO||0.39% ($20,750)|
6.80% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,005 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lowry City:
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- KRMS (1150 AM; 10 kW; OSAGE BEACH, MO; Owner: VIPER COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- KDKD (1280 AM; 1 kW; CLINTON, MO; Owner: CLINTON RADIO COMPANY)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KCMO (710 AM; 10 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA KANSAS CITY PARTNERSHIP)
- KBNN (750 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEBANON, MO; Owner: OZARK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCCV (760 AM; daytime; 6 kW; OVERLAND PARK, KS; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KCSP (610 AM; 5 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: ENTERCOM KANSAS CITY LICENSE, LLC)
- KCTE (1510 AM; daytime; 10 kW; INDEPENDENCE, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lowry City:
- KCVJ (92.3 FM; OSCEOLA, MO; Owner: LAKE AREA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KLRQ (96.1 FM; CLINTON, MO; Owner: B & F BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDKD-FM (95.3 FM; CLINTON, MO; Owner: CLINTON RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- KWKJ (98.5 FM; WINDSOR, MO; Owner: D & H MEDIA, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Lowry City:
- KMOS-TV (Channel 6; SEDALIA, MO; Owner: BOARD OF GOVERNORS OF CENTRAL MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY)
Lowry City fatal accident list:
Sep 21, 2007 10:55 AM, Sr-13, 3rdst, Lat: 38.14047, Lon: -93.71830, Vehicles: 3, Persons: 9, Fatalities: 1
Jul 26, 2006 09:56 PM, Sr-13, Lat: 38.14036, Lon: -93.71872, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Aug 13, 1987 08:02 AM, 13, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 8, Fatalities: 4
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KA0GIN, Licensee ID: L00760038, Grant Date: 11/18/2015, Expiration Date: 11/06/2025, Certifier: Sharon K Wright, Registrant: Sharon K Wright, 7870 Ne 51, Lowry City, MO 64763
- Call Sign: N0NDR, Licensee ID: L00310218, Grant Date: 12/28/2000, Expiration Date: 03/26/2011, Cancellation Date: 03/28/2013, Registrant: Charles L Cone, 502 Mahan St, Lowry City, MO 64763
- Call Sign: N0RKF, Licensee ID: L00347793, Grant Date: 01/21/2012, Expiration Date: 03/03/2022, Registrant: Paul T Roberts, 2225 Ne Highway A, Lowry City, MO 64763-8100
- Call Sign: WA0FNF, Licensee ID: L01176827, Grant Date: 07/28/2006, Expiration Date: 10/17/2016, Certifier: James A Wright, Registrant: James A Wright, 7870 Ne 51 Rd, Lowry City, MO 64763
- Call Sign: KC0SUY, Licensee ID: L00895120, Grant Date: 07/21/2004, Expiration Date: 07/21/2014, Certifier: Floyd A Davis, Registrant: Floyd A Davis, 105 W Leslie, Lowry City, MO 64763
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lowry City and their reported violations in the past:KREBS MOBILE HOME LIVING (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One regular monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 30
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Lowry City
|Most common first names in Lowry City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lowry City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (51%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (41%)
- Utility gas (4%)
- Wood (4%)
Businesses in Lowry City, MO
- Long John Silver's: 1
Lowry City compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2018.