We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||35.6 years|
|Georgia median age:||33.4 years|
Zip code: 30734
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $22,097 (it was $15,132 in 2000)
Ludville CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $137,914 (it was $74,000 in 2000)
Races in Ludville, GA (2000)
- 2,64197.0%White alone
- 140.5%American Indian alone
- 140.5%Two or more races
- 120.4%Black alone
- 10.04%Asian alone
- 10.04%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.04%Other race alone
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1250 feet
Land area: 48.9 square miles.
Population density: 73 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Ludville:
- High school or higher: 59.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.7%
- Unemployed: 0.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 33.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ludville CCD:
- Never married: 16.3%
- Now married: 67.0%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 5.6%
- Divorced: 11.2%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Ludville CCD:||0.8% ($608)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Northeast Cobb, GA (32.1 miles , pop. 150,396).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (49.7 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (537.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Talking Rock, GA (2.5 miles) , Fairmount, GA (2.5 miles ), Ranger, GA (2.7 miles) , Jasper, GA (3.0 miles ), Waleska, GA (3.2 miles ), Red Bud, GA (3.3 miles ), Carters Lake, GA (3.6 miles ), White-Pine Log, GA (3.6 miles ).
Latitude: 34.46 N, Longitude: 84.59 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 706
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (30%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (5%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Food (4%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (4%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Health care (9%)
- Textile mills and textile products (9%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- U. S. Postal service (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (7%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (9%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (7%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
Average climate in Ludville, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ludville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Georgia state average. It is 56% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 16.3 miles away from the Ludville place center killed 6 people and injured 30 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/27/1994, a category F4 tornado 16.9 miles away from the place center killed 3 people and injured 20 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Ludville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Georgia state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 59.0 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 127.2 miles away from Ludville center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 99.3 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 169.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 261.5 miles away from Ludville center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 331.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pickens County (14) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 5, Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 4, Hurricanes: 3, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Ludville:
- PIEDMONT MOUNTAINSIDE HOSPITAL INC Acute Care Hospitals (about 9 miles away; JASPER, GA)
- GRANDVIEW HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; JASPER, GA)
- MOUNTAINSIDE MEDICAL CENTER (Hospital, about 11 miles away; JASPER, GA)
- HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF JASPER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; JASPER, GA)
- MOUNTAIN SIDE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; JASPER, GA)
- FMC DIALYSIS SERVICES ELLIJAY (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; ELLIJAY, GA)
- FMC NORTHERN GEORGIA INC (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; CANTON, GA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ludville:
- Kennesaw State University (about 30 miles; Kennesaw, GA; Full-time enrollment: 21,215)
- Dalton State College (about 32 miles; Dalton, GA; FT enrollment: 3,846)
- University of North Georgia (about 36 miles; Dahlonega, GA; FT enrollment: 12,445)
- Berry College (about 36 miles; Mount Berry, GA; FT enrollment: 2,102)
- Southern Polytechnic State University (about 37 miles; Marietta, GA; FT enrollment: 5,258)
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College (about 37 miles; Rome, GA; FT enrollment: 4,629)
- Chattahoochee Technical College (about 37 miles; Marietta, GA; FT enrollment: 8,173)
Notable location: Hinton Community Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Ludville include: Unity Church (A), Ludville Church (B), Jerusalem Church (C), Crossroads Church (D), Bethel Church (E), Friendship Church (F), Macedonia Church (G), Pine Grove Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Mountain Cemetery (1), Home Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Tillman Lake (A), Watson Lake (B), Van Valkenburgh Lake (C), Anderson Lake (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Jackson Branch (A), Scarecorn Creek (B), Bryant Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 59.7. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 35.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.0 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
16 people in residential treatment centers for adults in 2010
44 people in nursing homes in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ludville CCD (based on Pickens County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pickens County:||2.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pickens County:||0.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pickens County:||4.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
6.92% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($44,465 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Cherokee County, GA||1.96% ($30,250 average AGI)|
|from Cobb County, GA||0.54% ($69,772)|
|from Gilmer County, GA||0.53% ($27,589)|
7.16% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,687 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ludville:
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAZX (1550 AM; 50 kW; SMYRNA, GA; Owner: GA-MEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCHK (1290 AM; 5 kW; CANTON, GA; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WKNG (1060 AM; daytime; 50 kW; TALLAPOOSA, GA; Owner: WKNG, INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ludville:
- W221AW (92.1 FM; NORTH CANTON, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W214AS (90.7 FM; WALESKA, GA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- W234AG (94.7 FM; CHATSWORTH, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WNSY (100.1 FM; TALKING ROCK, GA; Owner: CHARLES A. MCCLURE)
- WCCV (91.7 FM; CARTERSVILLE, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WWEV-FM (91.5 FM; CUMMING, GA; Owner: CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION)
- WLCL (105.7 FM; CANTON, GA; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WFOX (97.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WQMT (98.9 FM; CHATSWORTH, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W265BD (100.9 FM; WOODSTOCK, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WYAY (106.7 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTSH-FM (107.1 FM; ROCKMART, GA; Owner: BROADCAST INVESTMENT ASSOCIATES, INC)
- W215BA (90.9 FM; ROME, GA; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- WLJA-FM (93.5 FM; ELLIJAY, GA; Owner: TRI-STATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WKCX (97.7 FM; ROME, GA; Owner: BRIAR CREEK BROADCASTING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Ludville:
- WPXA (Channel 14; ROME, GA; Owner: PAXSON ATLANTA LICENSE, INC.)
- W50AB (Channel 50; HIAWASSEE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WSKC-LP (Channel 59; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: KM LPTV OF ATLANTA, L.L.C.)
- WUVG (Channel 34; ATHENS, GA; Owner: UNIVISION ATLANTA LLC)
- WFLI-TV (Channel 53; CLEVELAND, TN; Owner: CHATTANOOGA MEDIA HOLDINGS, L.L.C.)
- WATL (Channel 36; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WATL, LLC)
- WTBS (Channel 17; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: SUPERSTATION, INC.)
- WGCL-TV (Channel 46; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: MEREDITH CORPORATION)
- WCLP-TV (Channel 18; CHATSWORTH, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WDNN-CA (Channel 43; DALTON, GA; Owner: NORTH GEORGIA TELEVISION)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Ludville)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- RICH MTN, 5.6 Mi Se Of (Lat: 34.420083 Lon: -84.527694), Overall height: 83.5 m, Call Sign: WHA473, Licensee ID: L00115313
Assigned Frequencies: 3710.00 MHz, 3770.00 MHz, 3710.00 MHz, 3770.00 MHz, 3790.00 MHz, 3850.00 MHz, 3790.00 MHz, 3850.00 MHz, 3870.00 MHz, 3930.00 MHz... (+10 more)Grant Date: 01/03/2001, Expiration Date: 02/01/2011, Cancellation Date: 05/09/2003Registrant: Mci Worldcom Network Services, Inc. (Debtor-In-Possession)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (75%)
- Electricity (16%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (6%)
- Wood (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Ludville compared to Georgia state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.