Lutts-Cypress Inn, Tennessee
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||38.2 years|
|Tennessee median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 38452
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $14,114 (it was $12,034 in 2000)
Lutts-Cypress Inn CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $94,024 (it was $55,300 in 2000)
Races in Lutts-Cypress Inn, TN (2000)
- 2,94798.8%White alone
- 130.4%Two or more races
- 60.2%American Indian alone
- 10.03%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The fastest-growing industry sectors in the Northeast are Construction-related Apr 25
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 217.1 square miles.
Population density: 14 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Lutts-Cypress Inn:
- High school or higher: 60.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 7.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 37.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lutts-Cypress Inn CCD:
- Never married: 15.5%
- Now married: 70.4%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 6.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Lutts-Cypress Inn CCD:||0.6% ($320)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Decatur, AL (59.8 miles , pop. 53,929).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Metropolitan Government, TN (95.2 miles , pop. 569,891).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (467.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Collinwood, TN (2.8 miles ), Stewartville, AL (3.1 miles ), Cloverdale, AL (3.2 miles ), Iron City, TN (3.9 miles ), Waynesboro, TN (4.1 miles ), Underwood-Petersville, AL (4.1 miles ), Oakland, AL (4.2 miles ), Waterloo, AL (4.2 miles ).
Latitude: 35.09 N, Longitude: 87.84 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 931
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (19%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Wood products (12%)
- Machinery (9%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Apparel (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Health care (12%)
- Apparel (11%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Apparel, fabrics, and notions merchant wholesalers (4%)
- Computer and electronic products (4%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (10%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (9%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (8%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (5%)
Average climate in Lutts-Cypress Inn, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lutts-Cypress Inn-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Tennessee state average. It is 98% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/16/1998, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 13.8 miles away from the Lutts-Cypress Inn place center killed 3 people and injured 36 people and caused $13 million in damages.
On 5/18/1995, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 21.0 miles away from the place center killed 3 people and injured 32 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lutts-Cypress Inn-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 145.6 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 151.1 miles away from Lutts-Cypress Inn center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 232.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 131.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 121.1 miles away from Lutts-Cypress Inn center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 172.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wayne County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 12, Storms: 11, Tornadoes: 6, Winds: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Flash Flood: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lutts-Cypress Inn:
- University of North Alabama (about 22 miles; Florence, AL; Full-time enrollment: 5,886)
- Northwest-Shoals Community College (about 26 miles; Muscle Shoals, AL; FT enrollment: 2,702)
- Northeast Mississippi Community College (about 51 miles; Booneville, MS; FT enrollment: 3,024)
- Athens State University (about 54 miles; Athens, AL; FT enrollment: 2,771)
- Columbia State Community College (about 56 miles; Columbia, TN; FT enrollment: 3,383)
- John C Calhoun State Community College (about 59 miles; Tanner, AL; FT enrollment: 7,911)
- Itawamba Community College (about 66 miles; Fulton, MS; FT enrollment: 5,489)
Notable locations in Lutts-Cypress Inn: Three Churches (A), Whitten Farms (B), Lutts Volunteer Fire Department (C), Highway 69 Volunteer Fire Department (D), Cypress Inn Volunteer Fire Department (E), Southgate Volunteer Fire Department (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Lutts-Cypress Inn include: Fairview Church (A), Little Bethel Church (B), Rayburn Chapel (C), Cedar Grove Baptist Church (D), Grace Chapel (E), Greeson Chapel (F), Pleasant Springs Church (G), Piney Grove Church (H), Scott Chapel (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Horton Cemetery (1), Jackson Cemetery (2), Mount Hope Cemetery (3), Lawson Cemetery (4), Balentine Cemetery (5), Lutts Cemetery (6), Martin Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Weatherford-Bear Creek Lake Number Two (A), Weatherford-Bear Lake Number One B (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Little Dry Branch (A), Johnson Mill Branch (B), Hunt Branch (C), Holt Branch (D), Hayes Branch (E), Grassy Creek (F), Spain Branch (G), Fantail Branch (H), Davis Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 42.0. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.73. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 20.8 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lutts-Cypress Inn CCD (based on Wayne County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wayne County:||2.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||1.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||6.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
4.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,037 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Lauderdale County, AL||0.58% ($32,071 average AGI)|
|from Lawrence County, TN||0.54% ($19,115)|
|from Hardin County, TN||0.21% ($33,900)|
4.10% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,362 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lutts-Cypress Inn:
- WZNN (620 AM; 5 kW; LEXINGTON, AL; Owner: MANUEL HUERTA)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WLOR (1550 AM; 50 kW; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: BCA RADIO, LLC)
- WVNA (1590 AM; 5 kW; TUSCUMBIA, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WVNN (770 AM; 10 kW; ATHENS, AL; Owner: ATHENS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lutts-Cypress Inn:
- WMSR-FM (94.9 FM; COLLINWOOD, TN; Owner: OHIO BROADCAST ASSOCIATES)
- WDNX (89.1 FM; OLIVE HILL, TN; Owner: RURAL LIFE FOUNDATION, INC)
- WLAY-FM (100.3 FM; TUSCUMBIA, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQLT-FM (107.3 FM; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: BIG RIVER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFIX (91.3 FM; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: TRI-STATE INSPIRATIONAL B/C CORP.)
- WKWX (93.5 FM; SAVANNAH, TN; Owner: MELCO, INC.)
- WXFL (96.1 FM; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: BIG RIVER BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W254AA (98.7 FM; COLBERT HEIGHTS, AL; Owner: WILLIAM P. ROGERS)
- WVNA-FM (105.5 FM; MUSCLE SHOALS, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBTG-FM (106.3 FM; SHEFFIELD, AL; Owner: SLATTON & ASSOCS. BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WJOR-FM (101.5 FM; ST. JOSEPH, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOWL (91.9 FM; BURNSVILLE, MS; Owner: SOUTHERN COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC)
- WYTK (93.9 FM; ROGERSVILLE, AL; Owner: SHOALS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMXV (103.5 FM; RUSSELLVILLE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFXO (104.9 FM; IUKA, MS; Owner: BILLY R. MCLAIN)
- W202BY (88.3 FM; KILLEN, AL; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WAKD (89.9 FM; SHEFFIELD, AL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Lutts-Cypress Inn:
- WHDF (Channel 15; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: VALLEY TELEVISION, LLC)
- W57BV (Channel 57; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W34BU (Channel 34; ACTON, TN; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WBCF-LP (Channel 3; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: BENNY CARLE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WYLE (Channel 26; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: ETC COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WXFL-LP (Channel 5; FLORENCE, ETC., AL; Owner: BENNY CARLE BROADCASTING, INC.)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (51%)
- Electricity (34%)
- Wood (11%)
- Utility gas (3%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Lutts-Cypress Inn compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.