Macomb: Town Hall in downtown Macomb.
Macomb: Sherman Hall Illuminated
Macomb: Charming Alleyway
Macomb: Ready for harvest
Macomb: lightning outside my dorm
Macomb: Sherman Hall from the view of a Hot Air Balloon
Macomb: Macomb Balloon Rally
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||23.6 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.2 years|
Zip codes: 61455.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,749 (it was $13,470 in 2000)
Macomb city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $90,056 (it was $66,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $669.
Races in Macomb, IL (2013)
- 15,93182.5%White alone
- 1,5177.9%Black alone
- 6393.3%Asian alone
- 3191.7%Two or more races
- 300.2%American Indian alone
|Images of Illinois (535 replies)|
|Chicago 2030….and the pecking order (65 replies)|
|Favorite Downstate Illinois City (89 replies)|
|Moving to Macomb. HELP! (3 replies)|
|Rural Illinois Photo Thread (8 replies)|
|Advice on Relocation to Central IL (11 replies)|
Latest news from Macomb, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (20.4%), Irish (14.0%), English (8.3%), United States (8.1%), Polish (3.9%), Italian (3.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 06/23/1882
Elevation: 705 feet
Land area: 9.85 square miles.
Population density: 1,923 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Macomb:
- High school or higher: 92.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 44.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 22.4%
- Unemployed: 16.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 10.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Macomb city:
- Never married: 59.1%
- Now married: 27.0%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 8.6%
943 residents are foreign born (2.4% Asia, 1.0% Europe, 0.5% Africa).
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 23 registered sex offenders living in Macomb, Illinois as of January 17, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Macomb to the number of sex offenders is 837 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $2,276 (2.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,647 (2.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Peoria, IL (58.7 miles , pop. 112,936).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (128.8 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (182.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Bardolph, IL (2.5 miles ), Colchester, IL (2.6 miles ), Good Hope, IL (2.6 miles ), Sciota, IL (2.8 miles) , Tennessee, IL (3.0 miles) , Adair, IL (3.1 miles ), Industry, IL (3.1 miles ), Bushnell, IL (3.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 21 buildings, average cost: $116,200
- 1998: 18 buildings, average cost: $126,400
- 1999: 19 buildings, average cost: $137,300
- 2000: 19 buildings, average cost: $109,800
- 2001: 12 buildings, average cost: $125,400
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $123,400
- 2003: 8 buildings, average cost: $150,800
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $151,300
- 2005: 12 buildings, average cost: $179,800
- 2006: 12 buildings, average cost: $190,800
- 2007: 14 buildings, average cost: $189,400
- 2008: 59 buildings, average cost: $138,200
- 2009: 5 buildings, average cost: $80,400
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $148,300
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $118,000
- 2012: 4 buildings, average cost: $82,900
- 2013: 9 buildings, average cost: $91,200
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $232,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.46 N, Longitude: 90.67 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,326 (+22.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 6,221 (79.3%)
Area code: 309
|Crime rates in Macomb by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 287.5)||295.6||295.1||348.0||341.7||206.5||122.3||122.8||127.1||144.8||197.8||164.1||186.3||151.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Macomb detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.40|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -1,592 (-7.9%).
- Educational services (24%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Construction (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Educational services (26%)
- Health care and social assistance (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (12%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (4%)
- Healthcare support occupations (3%)
Average climate in Macomb, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Macomb-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 63% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/13/1995, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.7 miles away from the Macomb city center injured 45 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/21/1964, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 4.1 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Macomb-area historical earthquake activity is near Illinois state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 203.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 186.9 miles away from Macomb center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 230.9 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 235.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 204.0 miles away from Macomb center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 188.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in McDonough County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Snows: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Marcus Dunstan - Film director, Mark Waller (politician) - Politician, John M. Sullivan - Politician, Bill Senn - Football player, James E. Bistor - Tax resister, Michael Norman - Writer.
Hospitals and medical centers in Macomb:
- MC DONOUGH DISTRICT HOSPITAL (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 525 EAST GRANT STREET)
- MDH HOSPICE,THE (525 E GRANT ST)
- COUNTRYVIEW CC OF MACOMB (400 WEST GRANT STREET)
- ELMS, THE (1212 MADELYN AVENUE)
- HEARTLAND OF MACOMB (8 DOCTORS LANE)
- WESLEY VILLAGE (1200 EAST GRANT STREET)
- WESLEY VILLAGE HEALTH CARE CTR (1200 EAST GRANT STREET)
- FMC - MACOMB (523 EAST GRANT STREET)
- MDH HOME HEALTH CARE (525 EAST GRANT STREET)
Airports and heliports located in Macomb:
- Macomb Municipal Airport (MQB) (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 2,500, Itinerant Ops: 3,500, Local Ops: 3,000)
- Blythe Airport (LL27) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 1,000, Local Ops: 7,000)
- Mcdonough District Hospital Heliport (46IL)
College/University in Macomb:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Macomb:
- Southeastern Community College (about 36 miles; West Burlington, IA; Full-time enrollment: 2,251)
- Bradley University (about 59 miles; Peoria, IL; FT enrollment: 5,152)
- Illinois Central College (about 63 miles; East Peoria, IL; FT enrollment: 7,158)
- Black Hawk College (about 72 miles; Moline, IL; FT enrollment: 5,086)
- Augustana College (about 73 miles; Rock Island, IL; FT enrollment: 2,555)
- Eastern Iowa Community College District (about 74 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 5,507)
- Saint Ambrose University (about 75 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 3,053)
Public high schools in Macomb:
Public elementary/middle schools in Macomb:
- MACOMB JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 295, Location: 1525 S JOHNSON ST, Grades: 7-8)
- EDISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 521 S PEARL ST, Grades: 4-6)
- LINCOLN ELEM SCHOOL (Location: 315 N BONHAM ST, Grades: KG-3)
Private elementary/middle schools in Macomb:
Notable locations in Macomb: Macomb Country Club (A), Macomb City Waterworks (B), Camp Chic-A-Gami (C), O L Champion Golf Course (D), Macomb City Hall (E), McDonough County Courthouse (F), Bayliss Hall (G), Bennett Hall (H), Brooks Cultural Center (I), Brophy Hall (J), Browne Hall (K), Corbin Hall (L), Currens Hall (M), Eisenhower Tower (N), Garwood Hall (O), Henninger Hall (P), Higgins Hall (Q), Horrabin Hall (R), Hursh Hall (S), Knoblauch Hall (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Macomb include: Calvary Baptist Church (A), Church of Christ (B), Church of God Abrahamic Faith (C), Church of the Nazarene (D), Covenant Presbyterian Church (E), First Baptist Church (F), First Christian Church (G), First Church of Christ Scientist (H), First Missionary Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Oakwood Cemetery (1), Saint Pauls Cemetery (2), Simpson Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Lake Ruth (A), Spring Lake (B), Lake Michale (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Macomb include: Patton Park (1), Downing Park (2), Chandler Park (3), Compton Park (4), Hanson Field (5), Everly Park (6), Glenwood Park (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Amerihost Inn - Macomb (1646 N Lafayette St) (1), Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (1655 E Jackson) (2), Econo Lodge Macomb (1414 West Jackson Street) (3). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
Courts: McDonough - Teen Court (1 Courthouse Square) (1), Derry's Mobile Home Court (1513 East Jackson) (2), McDonough County - Teen Court (1 Courthouse) (3). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
(30.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 60.7% for Black residents, 80.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 82.4% for American Indian residents, 40.0% for other race residents, 25.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Macomb in 2010:
- 3,680 people in college/university student housing
- 278 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 18 people in group homes intended for adults
- 8 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 5 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
People in group quarters in Macomb in 2000:
- 4,359 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 304 people in nursing homes
- 34 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 21 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Banks with branches in Macomb (2011 data):
- MidAmerica National Bank: North Side Square Branch, Auto Facility, West Facility. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $320.9 mil, Deposits: $265.0 mil, headquarters in Canton, IL, positive income, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Midamerica National Bancshares, Inc.
- Morton Community Bank: Branch, West Jackson Branch, East Branch. Info updated 2010/12/15: Bank assets: $2,667.0 mil, Deposits: $2,086.4 mil, headquarters in Morton, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 32 total offices, Holding Company: Hometown Community Bancorp, Inc. Esop And Trust
- Heartland Bank and Trust Company: 430 W Jackson St Branch at 430 West Jackson Street, branch established on 1917/01/01; Macomb East Branch at 1700 East Jackson Street, branch established on 2010/08/20. Info updated 2011/08/08: Bank assets: $1,943.8 mil, Deposits: $1,632.9 mil, headquarters in Bloomington, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 49 total offices, Holding Company: Heartland Bancorp, Inc.
- First State Bank of Illinois: Macomb Branch at 500 East Jackson, branch established on 1889/01/01. Info updated 2009/01/06: Bank assets: $256.0 mil, Deposits: $208.6 mil, headquarters in La Harpe, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: First State Bancorporation, Inc.
- Woodforest National Bank: Macomb Walmart Branch at 1730 E Jackson Road, branch established on 2007/07/21. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
- Schuyler State Bank: Macomb Branch at 1661 East Jackson Street, branch established on 2006/09/15. Info updated 2008/07/23: Bank assets: $51.6 mil, Deposits: $45.1 mil, headquarters in Rushville, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Schuyler Bancorp, Inc.
- First Bankers Trust Company, National Association: Union Bank/West Branch at 440 North Lafayette Street, branch established on 1909/01/01. Info updated 2009/12/07: Bank assets: $713.7 mil, Deposits: $593.8 mil, headquarters in Quincy, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: First Bankers Trustshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Macomb city (based on McDonough County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|McDonough County:||1.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|McDonough County:||5.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Macomb, IL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||8||$28,381||$42,572||16||$3,463|
|Judicial and Legal||2||$8,761||$52,566||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||26||$132,842||$61,312||0||$0|
|Police - Other||3||$9,294||$37,176||0||$0|
|Fire - Other||1||$2,491||$29,892||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||7||$23,369||$40,061||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$12,500||$50,000||1||$1,111|
|Totals for Government||96||$407,021||$50,878||20||$6,317|
Macomb government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Central Staff Services: $691,000 ($36.48)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $3,909,000 ($206.36)
Regular Highways: $1,956,000 ($103.26)
Central Staff Services: $1,891,000 ($99.83)
Police Protection: $1,863,000 ($98.35)
Water Utilities: $1,583,000 ($83.57)
Local Fire Protection: $1,316,000 ($69.47)
Sewerage: $984,000 ($51.95)
Solid Waste Management: $577,000 ($30.46)
General Public Buildings: $363,000 ($19.16)
Financial Administration: $243,000 ($12.83)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $137,000 ($7.23)
Parks and Recreation: $10,000 ($0.53)
- General - Interest on Debt: $88,000 ($4.65)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $4,679,000 ($247.00)
Macomb government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,622,000 ($85.63)
Solid Waste Management: $544,000 ($28.72)
All Other: $520,000 ($27.45)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $1,172,000 ($61.87)
Public Welfare: $106,000 ($5.60)
- Miscellaneous - Fines and Forfeits: $364,000 ($19.22)
General Revenue, NEC: $208,000 ($10.98)
Interest Earnings: $192,000 ($10.14)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $2,103,000 ($111.02)
- State Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $5,108,000 ($269.65)
All Other: $1,828,000 ($96.50)
Highways: $1,303,000 ($68.79)
Public Welfare: $178,000 ($9.40)
- Tax - Other Selective Sales: $622,000 ($32.84)
Property: $575,000 ($30.35)
Other License: $226,000 ($11.93)
Macomb government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $2,311,000 ($122.00)
Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $2,208,000 ($116.56)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,136,000 ($59.97)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,033,000 ($54.53)
Macomb government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $7,513,000 ($396.61)
6.85% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,494 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Cook County, IL||0.55% ($19,500 average AGI)|
|from Fulton County, IL||0.48% ($28,040)|
|from Hancock County, IL||0.43% ($26,533)|
8.02% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,894 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Macomb:
- WLRB (1510 AM; daytime; 1 kW; MACOMB, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAIK (1590 AM; 5 kW; GALESBURG, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WTAD (930 AM; 5 kW; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Macomb:
- WIUM (91.3 FM; MACOMB, IL; Owner: WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WKAI-FM (100.1 FM; MACOMB, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W209AL (89.7 FM; MACOMB, ETC., IL; Owner: H.O.P.E. BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W213AH (90.5 FM; MACOMB, ETC., IL; Owner: H.O.P.E. BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WIUS (88.3 FM; MACOMB, IL; Owner: WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WJEQ (102.7 FM; MACOMB, IL; Owner: CENTRAL ILLINOIS BROADCASTING INC)
- WTND-LP (106.3 FM; MACOMB, IL; Owner: T AND D COMMUNICATIONS)
- WNLF (95.9 FM; MACOMB, IL; Owner: NANCY L. FOSTER)
- WLMD (104.7 FM; BUSHNELL, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMQZ (104.1 FM; COLCHESTER, IL; Owner: COLCHESTER RADIO, INC.)
- KRNQ (96.3 FM; KEOKUK, IA; Owner: DAVID M. LISTER)
- WKXQ (92.5 FM; RUSHVILLE, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Macomb:
- WMEC (Channel 22; MACOMB, IL; Owner: W. CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUC. TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KGWB-TV (Channel 26; BURLINGTON, IA; Owner: BURLINGTON TELEVISION ACQUISITION CORP.)
- W49BS (Channel 49; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W53BP (Channel 53; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 22m72ftTotal length
- $333,000Total costs
- 21,650Total average daily traffic
- 1,994Total average daily truck traffic
- 12,288Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 66 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Macomb, IL)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 38 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 35 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 92 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Macomb)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 20 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Macomb)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Macomb and their reported violations in the past:SCIOTA CHRISTIAN CHURCH (Population served: 75, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:VICTORY BAPTIST CHURCH (Population served: 75, Groundwater):
- One regular monitoring violation
Past health violations:USELTON OIL COMPANY LTD (Population served: 50, Purch groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JUL-2007 and SEP-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-16-2007), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-16-2007), St Public Notif received (JUL-18-2007), St Compliance achieved (OCT-09-2007)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In DEC-2006, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-20-2006), St Public Notif received (DEC-22-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-05-2007), St Compliance achieved (APR-04-2007)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JAN-2006 and DEC-2006, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (FEB-27-2006), St Public Notif issued (FEB-27-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-22-2006), St Compliance achieved (NOV-08-2006)
Past health violations:HORNFIELD CAMPUS WIU (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JAN-2009 and DEC-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (AUG-18-2009)
Past monitoring violations:
- One regular monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Macomb that have no violations reported:
- SCOTLAND TRINITY CHURCH (Population served: 150, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- LUDLUMS FOOD MART (Population served: 50, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
- MACOMB MUNICIPAL AIRPORT (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 18
- Hazardous Condition: 7
- Service Call: 5
Incident types - Macomb
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Macomb, Illinois:
- Super 8, 313 University Dr, Macomb, Illinois 61455 , Phone: (309) 836-8888, Fax: (309) 833-2646
- Americas Best Value Inn Macomb Il#61455, 1414 W Jackson St, Macomb, Illinois 61455 , Phone: (309) 833-4521, Fax: (309) 836-6090
- Time Out Motel, 311 University Dr, Macomb, Illinois 61455 , Phone: (309) 837-4838
- Star Motel, 1507 E Jackson St, Macomb, Illinois 61455 , Phone: (309) 837-4817, Fax: (309) 837-6110
- Days Inn Macomb, 1400 N Lafayette St, Macomb, Illinois 61455 , Phone: (309) 833-5511, Fax: (309) 836-2926
- Rodeway Inn Macomb, 1646 N Lafayette, Macomb, Illinois 61455 , Phone: (309) 837-2220, Fax: (309) 837-1720
- Hampton Inn - Macomb, 1639 E Jackson St, Macomb, Illinois 61455 , Phone: (309) 837-6000, Fax: (398) 837-6005
|Most common first names in Macomb, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Macomb, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (65%)
- Electricity (33%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
|Businesses in Macomb, IL|
|ALDI||1||Little Caesars Pizza||1|
|Ace Hardware||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Buffalo Wild Wings||1||New Balance||1|
|CVS||1||Papa John's Pizza||1|
|Dairy Queen||1||SAS Shoes||1|
Macomb compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Macomb on our top lists:
- #39 on the list of "Top 100 cities with shortest commuting times (pop. 5,000+)"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest percentage of family households, population 10,000+"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the least people living the same house as 1 year ago (population 5,000+))"
- #87 on the list of "Top 101 cities where the highest percentage of males (15+ years) which never married (with at least 1,000 males in this group)"
- #97 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Educational services (population 5,000+)"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Education, training, and library occupations (population 5,000+)"
Total of 10 patent applications in 2008-2017.