Malad City, Idaho
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the world
Population change since 2000: -2.5%
|Median resident age:||42.8 years|
|Idaho median age:||36.3 years|
Zip codes: 83252.
Estimated per capita income in 2017: $20,548 (it was $13,926 in 2000)
Malad City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2017: $149,820 (it was $82,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2017: all housing units: $173,476; detached houses: $171,679; townhouses or other attached units: $214,117; mobile homes: $84,570
Median gross rent in 2017: $789.
- 1,98394.7%White alone
- 241.1%Two or more races
- 170.8%Asian alone
- 90.4%American Indian alone
- 10.05%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
According to our research of Idaho and other state lists, there were 9 registered sex offenders living in Malad City, Idaho as of July 03, 2020.
The ratio of all residents to sex offenders in Malad City is 233 to 1.
The ratio of registered sex offenders to all residents in this city is near the state average.
|Coeur D'Alene Excedded My Expectations (More Progressive) (61 replies)|
|June 2011 Events (1 reply)|
|June 2010 Events (16 replies)|
|June Events in Idaho (11 replies)|
|Think hard before you "escape." (112 replies)|
|Labor Day weather! (12 replies)|
Latest news from Malad City, ID collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Welsh (20.0%), American (18.0%), English (17.0%), German (6.0%), British (4.5%), Irish (4.5%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 4600 feet
Land area: 1.67 square miles.
Population density: 1,262 people per square mile(low).
30 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2017: $1,168 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2017: $956 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pocatello, ID (48.4 miles , pop. 51,466).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northeast Jefferson, CO (409.4 miles , pop. 450,166).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (599.2 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Latitude: 42.19 N, Longitude: 112.25 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 435
- Educational services (15.2%)
- Health care (8.9%)
- Furniture & related product manufacturing (7.1%)
- Construction (6.9%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (5.9%)
- Transportation equipment (5.4%)
- Computer & electronic products (5.1%)
- Construction (11.2%)
- Furniture & related product manufacturing (8.8%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (8.8%)
- Computer & electronic products (8.6%)
- Transportation equipment (8.2%)
- Educational services (6.7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing & hunting (5.7%)
- Educational services (26.1%)
- Health care (16.4%)
- Accommodation & food services (8.2%)
- Furniture & related product manufacturing (5.0%)
- Finance & insurance (5.0%)
- Social assistance (3.7%)
- Public administration (3.2%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5.9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and middle school teachers (4.8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4.4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (3.7%)
- Other production occupations, including supervisors (3.6%)
- Other management occupations, except farmers and farm managers (3.5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (3.3%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (10.6%)
- Other production occupations, including supervisors (4.9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4.7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4.7%)
- Supervisors, construction and extraction workers (4.5%)
- Other management occupations, except farmers and farm managers (4.3%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair workers, including supervisors (4.3%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and middle school teachers (9.9%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (9.9%)
- Other teachers, instructors, education, training, and library occupations (6.9%)
- Other healthcare support occupations (4.7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers, including supervisors (4.7%)
- Waiters and waitresses (4.5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4.0%)
Average climate in Malad City, Idaho
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Malad City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Idaho state average. It is 275% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 182.8 miles away from Malad City center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 152.2 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 296.6 miles away from Malad City center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 17.0 miles away from the city center
On 2/3/1994 at 09:05:04, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.8 ML, Depth: 4.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 77.0 miles away from the city center
On 2/21/2008 at 14:16:02, a magnitude 6.0 (5.7 MB, 5.8 MS, 6.0 MW, Depth: 4.2 mi) earthquake occurred 153.1 miles away from Malad City center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Oneida County (1) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricane: 1 (Note: some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Malad City:
Airports located in Malad City:
- Malad City Airport (MLD) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 4,200, Local Ops: 200, Military Ops: 50)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Malad City:
- Utah State University (about 39 miles; Logan, UT; Full-time enrollment: 21,131)
- Idaho State University (about 48 miles; Pocatello, ID; FT enrollment: 10,350)
- Weber State University (about 71 miles; Ogden, UT; FT enrollment: 17,655)
- Latter-day Saints Business College (about 100 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 2,059)
- University of Utah (about 101 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 28,454)
- Westminster College (about 103 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 2,870)
- Western Governors University (about 107 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 31,481)
Public high schools in Malad City:
- MALAD SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 271, Location: 181 JENKINS AVE, Grades: 9-12)
- SOUTHEAST IDAHO PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL SCHOOL (Location: 37 SOUTH DEPOT RD, Grades: 10-12, Charter school)
Public elementary/middle school in Malad City:
- MALAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 386, Location: 250 W 400 N, Grades: PK-5)
Points of interest:
Notable locations in Malad City: Oneida County Ambulance Service (A), Malad City Volunteer Fire Department (B), Oneida County Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Oneida Pioneer Museum (27 Bannock Street).
Hotel: Village Inn Motel (50 South 300 East).
Court: Oneida Id County - District Court Magistrate (Courthouse).
|This city:||2.6 people|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
People in group quarters in Malad City in 2000:
- 26 people in nursing homes
- 18 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 2 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Banks with branches in Malad City (2011 data):
- Ireland Bank: at 33 Bannock Street, branch established on 1892/12/01. Info updated 2011/05/03: Bank assets: $212.2 mil, Deposits: $187.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Ireland Bancorp, Ltd.
- U.S. Bank National Association: Malad Branch at 25 East 50 South, branch established on 1907/10/01. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
For population 15 years and over in Malad City:
- Never married: 20.7%
- Now married: 58.6%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 10.8%
For population 25 years and over in Malad City:
- High school or higher: 92.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 4.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.9 minutes
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Malad City, ID (based on Oneida County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|This county:||2.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oneida County:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Idaho:||3.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Idaho:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Malad City, ID Residents
Malad City government finances - Expenditure in 2016 (per resident):
- Construction - General - Other: $102,000 ($48.48)
Water Utilities: $100,000 ($47.53)
Parks and Recreation: $36,000 ($17.11)
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $475,000 ($225.76)
Water Utilities: $230,000 ($109.32)
Solid Waste Management: $214,000 ($101.71)
Regular Highways: $136,000 ($64.64)
General - Other: $136,000 ($64.64)
General Public Buildings: $10,000 ($4.75)
Local Fire Protection: $10,000 ($4.75)
- General - Interest on Debt: $75,000 ($35.65)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $372,000 ($176.81)
Malad City government finances - Revenue in 2016 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $687,000 ($326.52)
Solid Waste Management: $240,000 ($114.07)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Other: $9,000 ($4.28)
- Local Intergovernmental - Highways: $64,000 ($30.42)
Water Utilities: $9,000 ($4.28)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $13,000 ($6.18)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $371,000 ($176.33)
- State Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $148,000 ($70.34)
Highways: $58,000 ($27.57)
- Tax - Property: $128,000 ($60.84)
Malad City government finances - Debt in 2016 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,962,000 ($932.51)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,880,000 ($893.54)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $82,000 ($38.97)
Malad City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2016 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $1,458,000 ($692.97)
Businesses in Malad City, ID
- Burger King: 1
- FedEx: 1
- True Value: 1
Strongest AM radio stations in Malad City:
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSOS (800 AM; 10 kW; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Owner: SIMMONS-SLC, LS, LLC)
- KVNU (610 AM; 5 kW; LOGAN, UT; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO,INC.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KBRV (790 AM; 5 kW; SODA SPRINGS, ID; Owner: CARIBOU BROADCASTING INC.)
- KZNR (690 AM; 10 kW; BLACKFOOT, ID; Owner: WESTERN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLGN (1390 AM; 5 kW; LOGAN, UT; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO, INC.)
- KSEI (930 AM; 5 kW; POCATELLO, ID; Owner: PACIFIC EMPIRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KACH (1340 AM; 1 kW; PRESTON, ID; Owner: ALAN J. WHITE, NELADA G. WHITE)
- KXOL (1660 AM; 10 kW; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Owner: SIMMONS-SLC, LS, LLC)
- KANN (1120 AM; 10 kW; ROY, UT; Owner: FAITH COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Malad City:
- KRAR (106.9 FM; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Owner: MERCURY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KJQN (100.7 FM; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Owner: SIMMONS-SLC, LS, LLC)
- K220HI (91.9 FM; CLARKSTON, UT; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KUSU-FM (91.5 FM; LOGAN, UT; Owner: UTAH STATE UNIV. OF AGRI. & APP. SCI)
- KVFX (94.5 FM; LOGAN, UT; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO,INC.)
- KBNZ (104.9 FM; TREMONTON, UT; Owner: 3 POINT MEDIA - UTAH, LLC)
- KLZX (95.9 FM; WESTON, ID; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO INC)
- K299AH (107.7 FM; POCATELLO, ID; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF UTAH)
- KYFO-FM (95.5 FM; OGDEN, UT; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- KUDD (107.9 FM; ROY, UT; Owner: MILLCREEK BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KCIR (90.7 FM; TWIN FALLS, ID; Owner: FAITH COMMUNICATIONS CORP)
- KKMV (92.5 FM; RUPERT, ID; Owner: TRI-MARKET RADIO BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KZDX (99.9 FM; BURLEY, ID; Owner: KART & EAGLE ROCK B/C INC,TENANTS)
- KBSY (88.5 FM; BURLEY, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- KISU-FM (91.1 FM; POCATELLO, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KLLP (98.5 FM; CHUBBUCK, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKEX (96.7 FM; PRESTON, ID; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Malad City:
- K59BV (Channel 59; LAVA HOT SPRINGS, ID; Owner: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION (IEPBS))
- K58AR (Channel 58; MALAD CITY, ID; Owner: ONEIDA COUNTY TRANSLATOR DISTRICT)
- K54AS (Channel 54; MALAD CITY, ID; Owner: ONEIDA CNTY TRANS. DISTRICT)
- K56BM (Channel 56; MALAD CITY, ID; Owner: ONEIDA COUNTY TRANSLATOR DISTRICT)
Malad City fatal accident list:
Mar 27, 2013 11:50 PM, I-15, Lat: 42.103175, Lon: -112.216833, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Apr 5, 2012 04:00 AM, Cr-Arbon Valley Rd, Lat: 42.346586, Lon: -112.575772, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Jul 8, 2012 12:21 AM, I-15, Lat: 42.029364, Lon: -112.208289, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Jun 28, 2001 12:30 AM, Sr-38, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Apr 23, 1991 01:10 PM, 38, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 12Number of bridges
- 75ft / 22.7mTotal length
- $2,317,000Total costs
- 44,350Total average daily traffic
- 8,590Total average daily truck traffic
- New bridges - historical statistics
|Most common first names in Malad City, ID among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Malad City, ID among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Malad City compared to Idaho state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Malad City on our top lists:
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally ill (population 1,000+)"
- #53 (83252) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Welsh first ancestries"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Romney (Republican) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
Total of 10 patent applications in 2008-2020.