|Median resident age:||38.2 years|
|Idaho median age:||43.6 years|
Zip codes: 83252.
Malad City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $105,866 (it was $82,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $500.
- White alone - 1,983 (94.7%)
- Hispanic - 61 (2.9%)
- Two or more races - 24 (1.1%)
- Asian alone - 17 (0.8%)
- American Indian alone - 9 (0.4%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.05%)
|Coeur D'Alene Excedded My Expectations (More Progressive) (61 replies)|
|June 2011 Events (1 reply)|
|June 2010 Events (16 replies)|
|June Events in Idaho (11 replies)|
|Think hard before you "escape." (112 replies)|
|Labor Day weather! (12 replies)|
Latest news from Malad City, ID collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (20.5%), Welsh (17.5%), German (14.3%), United States (10.7%), Dutch (5.1%), Irish (3.6%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 4600 feet
Land area: 1.67 square miles.
Population density: 1,238 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Malad City:
- High school or higher: 91.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.4%
- Unemployed: 4.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Malad City city:
- Never married: 17.9%
- Now married: 57.4%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 15.0%
7 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Idaho and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Malad City, Idaho as of May 05, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Malad City to the number of sex offenders is 509 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $967 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $958 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pocatello, ID (48.4 miles , pop. 51,466).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northeast Jefferson, CO (409.4 miles , pop. 450,166).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (599.2 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Clifton, ID (3.5 miles ), Oxford, ID (3.6 miles) , Dayton, ID (3.8 miles ), Portage, UT (3.9 miles ), Weston, ID (4.2 miles ), Downey, ID (4.2 miles ), Preston, ID (4.5 miles ), Clarkston, UT (4.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 5 buildings, average cost: $94,000
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $58,600
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $58,600
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $165,800
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $165,800
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $165,800
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $165,800
- 2004: 4 buildings, average cost: $165,800
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $165,800
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $165,800
- 2007: 7 buildings, average cost: $105,300
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $103,300
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $103,300
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $103,300
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $103,300
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $103,300
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.19 N, Longitude: 112.25 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 435
Unemployment by year (%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Manufacturing (17%)
- Construction (12%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (20%)
- Retail trade (17%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (16%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (10%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (10%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other healthcare support occupations (5%)
- Waiters and waitresses (4%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (4%)
Average climate in Malad City, Idaho
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Malad City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Idaho state average. It is 275% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 182.8 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 152.2 miles away from Malad City center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 296.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 17.0 miles away from the city center
On 2/3/1994 at 09:05:04, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.8 ML, Depth: 4.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 77.0 miles away from Malad City center
On 2/21/2008 at 14:16:02, a magnitude 6.0 (5.7 MB, 5.8 MS, 6.0 MW, Depth: 4.2 mi) earthquake occurred 153.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Oneida County (1) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Malad City:
Airports located in Malad City:
- Malad City Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 4,200, Local Ops: 200, Military Ops: 50)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Malad City:
- Utah State University (about 39 miles; Logan, UT; Full-time enrollment: 21,131)
- Idaho State University (about 48 miles; Pocatello, ID; FT enrollment: 10,350)
- Weber State University (about 71 miles; Ogden, UT; FT enrollment: 17,655)
- Latter-day Saints Business College (about 100 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 2,059)
- University of Utah (about 101 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 28,454)
- Westminster College (about 103 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 2,870)
- Western Governors University (about 107 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 31,481)
Public high school in Malad City:
- Malad Senior High School (Students: 271; Location: 181 JENKINS AVE; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Malad City:
- Malad Elementary School (Students: 386; Location: 250 W 4TH N ST; Grades: PK-5)
Notable locations in Malad City: Oneida County Ambulance Service (A), Malad City Volunteer Fire Department (B), Oneida County Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Oneida Pioneer Museum (27 Bannock Street).
Hotel: Village Inn Motel (50 South 300 East).
Court: Oneida Id County - District Court Magistrate (Courthouse).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 59.9. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 38.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 5.84. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.0 miles away from the city center.
(13.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 55.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 76.9% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
People in group quarters in Malad City in 2000:
- 26 people in nursing homes
- 18 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 2 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Malad City compared to Idaho state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Malad City (2011 data):
- Ireland Bank: at 33 Bannock Street, branch established on 1892/12/01. Info updated 2011/05/03: Bank assets: $212.2 mil, Deposits: $187.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Ireland Bancorp, Ltd.
- U.S. Bank National Association: Malad Branch at 25 East 50 South, branch established on 1907/10/01. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (49%)
- Electricity (27%)
- Other fuel (8%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (7%)
- Utility gas (6%)
- Wood (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Malad City city (based on Oneida County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 78.93%
Food Environment Statistics:
|Oneida County:||2.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Idaho:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oneida County:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$1,451|
|Other Government Administration||1||$2,599||$31,188||5||$1,600|
|Solid Waste Management||1||$2,315||$27,780||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$3,033||$36,396||3||$412|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||3||$1,623|
|Totals for Government||6||$15,359||$30,718||30||$6,557|
6.45% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,933 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
7.64% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($22,685 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Malad City:
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSOS (800 AM; 10 kW; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Owner: SIMMONS-SLC, LS, LLC)
- KVNU (610 AM; 5 kW; LOGAN, UT; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO,INC.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KBRV (790 AM; 5 kW; SODA SPRINGS, ID; Owner: CARIBOU BROADCASTING INC.)
- KZNR (690 AM; 10 kW; BLACKFOOT, ID; Owner: WESTERN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLGN (1390 AM; 5 kW; LOGAN, UT; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO, INC.)
- KSEI (930 AM; 5 kW; POCATELLO, ID; Owner: PACIFIC EMPIRE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KACH (1340 AM; 1 kW; PRESTON, ID; Owner: ALAN J. WHITE, NELADA G. WHITE)
- KXOL (1660 AM; 10 kW; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Owner: SIMMONS-SLC, LS, LLC)
- KANN (1120 AM; 10 kW; ROY, UT; Owner: FAITH COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Malad City:
- KRAR (106.9 FM; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Owner: MERCURY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KJQN (100.7 FM; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Owner: SIMMONS-SLC, LS, LLC)
- K220HI (91.9 FM; CLARKSTON, UT; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KUSU-FM (91.5 FM; LOGAN, UT; Owner: UTAH STATE UNIV. OF AGRI. & APP. SCI)
- KVFX (94.5 FM; LOGAN, UT; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO,INC.)
- KBNZ (104.9 FM; TREMONTON, UT; Owner: 3 POINT MEDIA - UTAH, LLC)
- KLZX (95.9 FM; WESTON, ID; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO INC)
- K299AH (107.7 FM; POCATELLO, ID; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF UTAH)
- KYFO-FM (95.5 FM; OGDEN, UT; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- KUDD (107.9 FM; ROY, UT; Owner: MILLCREEK BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KCIR (90.7 FM; TWIN FALLS, ID; Owner: FAITH COMMUNICATIONS CORP)
- KKMV (92.5 FM; RUPERT, ID; Owner: TRI-MARKET RADIO BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KZDX (99.9 FM; BURLEY, ID; Owner: KART & EAGLE ROCK B/C INC,TENANTS)
- KBSY (88.5 FM; BURLEY, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- KISU-FM (91.1 FM; POCATELLO, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KLLP (98.5 FM; CHUBBUCK, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKEX (96.7 FM; PRESTON, ID; Owner: SUN VALLEY RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Malad City:
- K59BV (Channel 59; LAVA HOT SPRINGS, ID; Owner: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION (IEPBS))
- K58AR (Channel 58; MALAD CITY, ID; Owner: ONEIDA COUNTY TRANSLATOR DISTRICT)
- K54AS (Channel 54; MALAD CITY, ID; Owner: ONEIDA CNTY TRANS. DISTRICT)
- K56BM (Channel 56; MALAD CITY, ID; Owner: ONEIDA COUNTY TRANSLATOR DISTRICT)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 2
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 3
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 0
- Fatalities: 2
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 4
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 65
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 94
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 23
- Fatalities: 70
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 167
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 10
Malad City fatal accident list:
Apr 23, 1991 01:10 PM, 38, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Total length: 15 meters (49ft)
Total average daily traffic: 14,100
Total average daily truck traffic: 2,052
|Most common first names in Malad City, ID among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Malad City, ID among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Malad City, ID
- Burger King: 1
- FedEx: 1
- True Value: 1
Malad City on our top lists:
- #34 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally ill"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales and related occupations:"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Nonmetallic mineral products"
- #91 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Furniture and related products"
- #99 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Computer and electronic products"
- #99 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Florists"
- #11 (83252) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Welsh first ancestries"
- #82 (83252) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Danish first ancestries (pop 1,000+)"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Bush (Republican) in the 2004 Presidential Election"
Total of 9 patent applications in 2008-2015.