Conejos County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 21.1. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 22.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.6 miles away from the city center.
(lower is better)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Manassa and their reported violations in the past:
MANASSA, TOWN OF (Population served: 1050, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 9.1%
(4.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 13.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 23.5% for other race residents, 6.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This town: || 2.7 people|
|Colorado: || 2.5 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This town: || 69.4%|
|Whole state: || 63.9%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This town: || 5.2%|
|Whole state: || 6.5%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Manassa, CO
Manassa compared to Colorado state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
Back to the top
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (58%)
- Wood (23%)
- Electricity (10%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Other fuel (3%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Manassa (based on Conejos County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 67.15%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Evangelical Free Church of America||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Conejos County:||4.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Conejos County:||3.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||3.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Colorado:||5.3%|Adult obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Judicial and Legal
|Police Protection - Officers
|Parks and Recreation
|Totals for Government
Manassa government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $106,000 ($107.51)
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $104,000 ($105.48)
Police Protection: $99,000 ($100.41)
Water Utilities: $70,000 ($70.99)
General - Other: $44,000 ($44.62)
Parks & Recreation: $13,000 ($13.18)
Financial Administration: $11,000 ($11.16)
Regular Highways: $3,000 ($3.04)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Education: $28,000 ($28.40)
- General - Interest on Debt: $49,000 ($49.70)
- Local Intergovernmental - Highways: $1,000 ($1.01)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $145,000 ($147.06)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $825,000 ($836.71)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $801,000 ($812.37)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $139,000 ($140.97)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $24,000 ($24.34)
Water Utilities: $6,000 ($6.09)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $19,000 ($19.27)
Interest Earnings: $10,000 ($10.14)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $76,000 ($77.08)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $71,000 ($72.01)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $47,000 ($47.67)
All Other: $9,000 ($9.13)
- Tax - Property: $35,000 ($35.50)
Total General Sales: $21,000 ($21.30)
Public Utilities: $20,000 ($20.28)
Motor Vehicle License: $5,000 ($5.07)
NEC: $1,000 ($1.01)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $119,000 ($120.69)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $9,000 ($9.13)
5.40% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($33,550 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.58% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($26,819 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Manassa:
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KGIW (1450 AM; 1 kW; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KCBR (1040 AM; daytime; 15 kW; MONUMENT, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KSLV (1240 AM; 1 kW; MONTE VISTA, CO; Owner: SAN LUIS VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Manassa:
- K244DO (96.7 FM; ALAMOSA, ETC., CO; Owner: SAN LUIS VALLEY TELEVISION, INC.)
- KRZA (88.7 FM; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: EQUAL REPRESENTATION/MEDIA ADVOCACY)
- KTAO (101.9 FM; TAOS, NM; Owner: TAOS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KKIT (99.1 FM; ANGEL FIRE, NM; Owner: DMC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBOM (94.7 FM; SANTA FE, NM; Owner: AGM NEVADA, LLC)
- K216CT (91.1 FM; EAGLE NEST, NM; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO)
- K278AE (103.5 FM; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: FRANK A. SHULTZ, III)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Manassa
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
21 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Manassa
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 119 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2335G , Serial Number: 51635, Year manufactured: 1958, Airworthiness Date: 12/19/1958
Registrant (Individual): Jerome G Anderson, Po Box 156, Manassa, CO 81141
- Aircraft: BRINK PPC (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: 2 Cycle
N-Number: 5134Z , Serial Number: B001
Registrant (Individual): Thomas W Brinkley, Po Box 73, Manassa, CO 81141
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 06/22/1976
- Aircraft: SIGMON MARCUS VANS ACFT INC RV-8A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 56MS , Serial Number: 80966
Registrant (Individual): Marcus L Sigmon, Po Box 146, Manassa, CO 81141
- Aircraft: SIGMON MARCUS STOL CH-701 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: P & W R-2800 SERIES (2000 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 567MS , Serial Number: 7-5518, Year manufactured: 2006, Airworthiness Date: 11/15/2006
Registrant (Co-Owned): Marcus L Sigmon, Po Box 146, Manassa, CO 81141, Other Owners: Alona R Sigmon
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-24-250 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 135 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-540 SERIES (250 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 7745P , Serial Number: 24-2960, Year manufactured: 1961, Airworthiness Date: 12/13/1961
Registrant (Co-Owned): John T Salazar, Po Box 510, Manassa, CO 81141, Other Owners: Mary Lou Salazar
|Most common first names in Manassa, CO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Manassa, CO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #5 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest differences between morning and afternoon humidity"
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest wind speed differences during a year"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest differences between daily high and daily low temperatures"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most Black residents"
- #70 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Construction, extraction, maintenance, and repair occupations:"
- #71 on the list of "Top 100 highest located cities"
- #78 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"