|Median resident age:||36.6 years|
|Georgia median age:||33.4 years|
Zip code: 31550
Manor CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $35,793 (it was $24,500 in 2000)
- White alone - 782 (91.5%)
- Hispanic - 42 (4.9%)
- Black alone - 22 (2.6%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.5%)
- Two or more races - 4 (0.5%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 156 feet
Land area: 397.1 square miles.
Population density: 2.2 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Manor:
- High school or higher: 65.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.4%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Manor CCD:
- Never married: 17.3%
- Now married: 71.3%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 2.0%
- Divorced: 9.3%
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Manor, Georgia as of May 29, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Manor to the number of sex offenders is 866 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Manor CCD:||0.8% ($199)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jacksonville, FL (72.9 miles , pop. 735,617).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (744.5 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Argyle, GA (2.6 miles) , Homerville, GA (3.6 miles ), Waresboro, GA (3.7 miles ), Waycross, GA (3.9 miles ), Deenwood, GA (4.0 miles ), Sunnyside, GA (4.1 miles ), Axson, GA (4.3 miles ), Du Pont, GA (4.5 miles) .
Latitude: 31.06 N, Longitude: 82.53 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 912
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Metal and metal products (10%)
- Construction (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (7%)
- Rail transportation (7%)
- Textile mills and textile products (6%)
- Health care (20%)
- Finance and insurance (13%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Food and beverage stores (10%)
- Construction (9%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (19%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (8%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Pipelayers, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters (7%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (11%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (10%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (9%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
Average climate in Manor, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Manor-area historical tornado activity is below Georgia state average. It is 15% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/18/1968, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.8 miles away from the Manor place center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 2/25/1970, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 10.2 miles away from the place center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Manor-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 194.5 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 189.3 miles away from Manor center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 415.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 178.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 280.7 miles away from Manor center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 197.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Ware County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Manor:
- CLINCH HEALTHCARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; HOMERVILLE, GA)
- HOSPICE SATILLA OF MEM HOSP (Hospital, about 15 miles away; WAYCROSS, GA)
- BAPTIST VILLAGE, INC. (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; WAYCROSS, GA)
- SATILLA RIVER DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 15 miles away; WAYCROSS, GA)
- AMEDISYS HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 15 miles away; WAYCROSS, GA)
- WARE VISITING NURSES SERVICE, INC (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; WAYCROSS, GA)
- DIALYSIS FACILITIES INC WAYCROSS (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; WAYCROSS, GA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Manor:
- South Georgia State College (about 36 miles; Douglas, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,507)
- Valdosta State University (about 48 miles; Valdosta, GA; FT enrollment: 11,155)
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (about 51 miles; Valdosta, GA; FT enrollment: 3,246)
- Florida Gateway College (about 62 miles; Lake City, FL; FT enrollment: 2,179)
- College of Coastal Georgia (about 62 miles; Brunswick, GA; FT enrollment: 2,447)
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (about 66 miles; Tifton, GA; FT enrollment: 2,564)
- Florida State College at Jacksonville (about 73 miles; Jacksonville, FL; FT enrollment: 21,810)
Public high school in Manor:
- Ware Magnet School (Students: 481; Location: 4650 Manor-Millwood Road; Grades: KK-12)
Notable locations in Manor: Coffee Bay Rest Shelter (A), Bugaboo Landing (B), Fifteenmile Post (C), Ware County Fire / Rescue Station 2 Manor (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Manor include: Booth Church (A), Camp Branch Church (B), Victory Methodist Church (C), Church of God of Prophecy (D), Manor Church (E), Manor Chapel (F), Mount Olive Church (G), New Prospect Church (H), Pine Grove Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and swamps: Boone Lake (A), Blackjack Lake (B), Little Cooter Lake (C), Lower Lake (D), Buzzards Roost Lake (E), Big Cypress Lake (F), Double Lake (G), Tar Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Water Oak Creek (A), Suwannee Creek (B), Stewart Branch (C), Rooty Branch (D), Cane Creek (E), Camp Branch Creek (F), Botherment Branch (G), Big Alligator Creek (H), Piney Bay (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
2 people in nursing homes in 2000
Manor compared to Georgia state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (60%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (29%)
- Wood (9%)
- Utility gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Manor CCD (based on Ware County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 55.43%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Catholic Church||National Association of Free Will Baptists|
|Name||International Pentecostal Holiness Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Church of God of Prophecy||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Ware County:||2.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ware County:||1.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ware County:||9.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
7.20% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($23,973 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Pierce County, GA||1.37% ($25,833 average AGI)|
|from Brantley County, GA||0.40% ($28,667)|
|from Duval County, FL||0.28% ($23,906)|
7.48% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,426 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Manor:
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOBS (1530 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WGSR (1570 AM; 50 kW; FERNANDINA BEACH, FL; Owner: RJM COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WDMG (860 AM; 5 kW; DOUGLAS, GA; Owner: RTG RADIO, LLC)
- WCGA (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; WOODBINE, GA; Owner: COX BROADCAST GROUP, INC.)
- WSTT (730 AM; 25 kW; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: MARION R. WILLIAMS)
- WFNS (1350 AM; 3 kW; BLACKSHEAR, GA; Owner: MARMAC COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJEM (1150 AM; 5 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: WJEM, INC.)
- WOKA (1310 AM; 4 kW; DOUGLAS, GA; Owner: COFFEE COUNTY BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Manor:
- WXVS (90.1 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WWSN (103.3 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF BRUNSWICK LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WYNR (102.5 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF BRUNSWICK LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WWRR (100.7 FM; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- WSOL-FM (101.5 FM; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWUF (97.7 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: MATTOX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKUB (105.1 FM; BLACKSHEAR, GA; Owner: MATTOX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPNG (101.9 FM; PEARSON, GA; Owner: KM RADIO OF PEARSON, L.L.C.)
- WBTY (98.7 FM; HOMERVILLE, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING & INVESTMENT CO., INC.)
- WASW (91.9 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Manor:
- WXGA-TV (Channel 8; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WPXC-TV (Channel 21; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: PAXSON JAX LICENSE, INC.)
- W54CW (Channel 54; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Manor)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:17 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Rr Milepost An 599 3.2 Mi Ne (Lat: 31.120222 Lon: -82.523194), Type: Pole, Structure height: 9 m, Overall height: 11 m, Call Sign: KTP864
Assigned Frequencies: 160.590 MHz, 161.100 MHz
Grant Date: 12/07/2011, Expiration Date: 03/05/2022
Registrant: Csx Transportation Inc, 6735 Southpoint Dr S, 4th Flr J958, Jacksonville, FL 32216, Phone: (904) 332-5925, Fax: (904) 332-6048, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- Manor, 6411 Valdosta Hwy (Lat: 31.100833 Lon: -82.581250), Type: Mast, Structure height: 93.2 m, Overall height: 100.2 m, Call Sign: WPOM911
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHz, 6004.50 MHz
Grant Date: 02/09/2010, Expiration Date: 03/16/2020, Certifier: Douglas I Brandon
Registrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 1120 20th Street, Nw - Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-2055, Fax: (202) 457-3073, Email:
- BWKG0069 (FMH), 6010 Valdosta Highway (Lat: 31.110333 Lon: -82.562972), Type: Tower, Structure height: 97.5 m, Overall height: 100.6 m, Call Sign: WQPK474
Assigned Frequencies: 11305.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz
Grant Date: 06/13/2012, Expiration Date: 06/13/2022, Certifier: Patricia Morrison
Registrant: Radyn, Inc, Silver Spring, MD 20914, Phone: (301) 493-5171, Fax: (301) 576-4553, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: K4JAD, Licensee ID: L00258302
Grant Date: 11/12/2003, Expiration Date: 01/18/2014, Certifier: William C York
Registrant: William C York, 5182 Leo Barber Road, Manor, GA 31550
- Call Sign: N4BJL
Grant Date: 03/06/1995, Expiration Date: 03/06/2005, Cancellation Date: 03/07/2007
Registrant: Thomas M Mercer, 6254 Valdosta Hwy, Manor, GA 31550
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
Manor on our top lists:
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for abused, dependent, and neglected children"
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Other healthcare support occupations"
- #41 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Healthcare practitioner and technical occupations:"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Child care workers"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Rail transportation"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Construction"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Department and other general merchandise stores"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.