We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||36.3 years|
|Iowa median age:||38.0 years|
Zip codes: 52301.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,598 (it was $17,425 in 2000)
Marengo city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $91,066 (it was $71,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $105,537; Detached houses: $103,476; Townhouses or other attached units: $189,577; Mobile homes: $20,234
Median gross rent in 2013: $494.
Races in Marengo, IA (2010)
- 2,41795.6%White alone
- 150.6%Black alone
- 90.4%Asian alone
- 110.4%Two or more races
- 40.2%American Indian alone
- 10.04%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Latest news from Marengo, IA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (38.0%), Irish (16.0%), English (7.0%), United States (5.4%), Dutch (4.3%), Norwegian (4.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 07/4/1859
Elevation: 735 feet
Land area: 2.09 square miles.
Population density: 1,200 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Marengo:
- High school or higher: 89.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.4%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Marengo city:
- Never married: 30.0%
- Now married: 49.4%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 8.3%
- Divorced: 9.0%
32 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Iowa and other state lists there were 9 registered sex offenders living in Marengo, Iowa as of October 06, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Marengo to the number of sex offenders is 277 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,698 (1.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,283 (1.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cedar Rapids, IA (24.3 miles , pop. 120,758).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (162.6 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (226.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: South Amana, IA (2.3 miles) , West Amana, IA (2.3 miles) , Conroy, IA (2.4 miles ), Ladora, IA (2.6 miles ), High Amana, IA (2.6 miles) , Blairstown, IA (2.8 miles ), Watkins, IA (2.8 miles) , Middle Amana, IA (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 5 buildings, average cost: $90,300
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $71,700
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $98,000
- 2001: 6 buildings, average cost: $80,000
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $116,300
- 2003: 5 buildings, average cost: $122,900
- 2004: 6 buildings, average cost: $129,600
- 2005: 4 buildings, average cost: $138,100
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $149,000
- 2007: 4 buildings, average cost: $193,800
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $161,100
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $225,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 41.80 N, Longitude: 92.07 W
Area code: 319
|Crime rates in Marengo by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 253.9)||66.6||55.2||33.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Marengo detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.61|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (30%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Construction (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (24%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Manufacturing (16%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Production occupations (20%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (6%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (17%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (15%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
Average climate in Marengo, Iowa
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Marengo-area historical tornado activity is near Iowa state average. It is 103% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/12/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 6.6 miles away from the Marengo city center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/7/1984, a category F4 tornado 18.8 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 64 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Marengo-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Iowa state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 320.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 301.7 miles away from Marengo center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 165.5 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 347.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 348.1 miles away from Marengo center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 320.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Iowa County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 14
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Bradley Kasal - Marine Corps Sergeant Major, Del Miller - Football player and coach, Rick Wanamaker - Decathlete, Paul Hinrichs - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Marengo:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Marengo:
- Kirkwood Community College (about 23 miles; Cedar Rapids, IA; Full-time enrollment: 11,503)
- University of Iowa (about 30 miles; Iowa City, IA; FT enrollment: 24,735)
- Hawkeye Community College (about 46 miles; Waterloo, IA; FT enrollment: 7,160)
- University of Northern Iowa (about 54 miles; Cedar Falls, IA; FT enrollment: 10,816)
- Indian Hills Community College (about 55 miles; Ottumwa, IA; FT enrollment: 4,034)
- Upper Iowa University (about 74 miles; Fayette, IA; FT enrollment: 5,275)
- Saint Ambrose University (about 79 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 3,053)
Public high school in Marengo:
- Iowa Valley Junior-Senior High School (Students: 313; Location: 359 E Hilton St; Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Marengo:
- Iowa Valley Elementary School (Students: 319; Location: 151 E May; Grades: PK-6)
Notable locations in Marengo: Iowa County Fairgrounds (A), Marengo Elevator Company Elevator (B), Marengo (C), Iowa County Ambulance Service (D), Iowa County Geneology Library (E), Marengo City Hall (F), Pioneer Heritage Museum (G), Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (H), Iowa County Courthouse (I), Iowa County Sheriffs Office (J), Marengo Fire Department (K). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Marengo include: Methodist Church (A), Saint Johns Lutheran Church (B), Saint Patricks Church (C), Presbyterian Church (D), Church of the Nazarene (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Calvary Cemetery (1), International Order of Odd Fellows Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Marengo include: Marengo City Lions Park (1), Oldest Log House in Iowa County Historical Marker (2), Memorial Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Iowa County Historical Society (Museums; 675 East South Street), Kreis Music CO (Amusement & Theme Parks; 595 Eastern Avenue).
Hotel: Sudbury Court Motel and RV Park (2211 Highway 6 Trail).
Court: Iowa County - Juvenile Court Ofc (Courthouse).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 78.6. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.228. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 23.3 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.761. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 21.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 33.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 22.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.51. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.3 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Marengo and their reported violations in the past:IOWA VALLEY ESTATES (Address: 2211 HWY 6 TRAIL , Population served: 46, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In FEB-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-21-2005), St Formal NOV issued (FEB-25-2005), St Public Notif requested (FEB-25-2005), St Public Notif received (MAR-07-2005), St Compliance achieved (AUG-03-2005)
(18.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 25.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents, 79.1% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
31 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities in 2010
76 people in nursing homes in 2000
8 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Marengo compared to Iowa state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Marengo (2011 data):
- Keystone Savings Bank: at 330 Western Avenue, branch established on 1935/04/27. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $77.1 mil, Deposits: $69.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Keystone Community Bancorporation
- Grinnell State Bank: Marengo Branch at 1101 Court Avenue, branch established on 1929/01/07. Info updated 2011/11/21: Bank assets: $262.9 mil, Deposits: $217.7 mil, headquarters in Grinnell, IA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Grinnell Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (72%)
- Electricity (25%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Marengo city (based on Iowa County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Iowa County:||2.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa County:||8.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$4,592||$55,104||1||$2,103|
|Police Protection - Officers||4||$14,617||$43,851||4||$1,147|
|Streets and Highways||3||$7,240||$28,960||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$144|
|Totals for Government||147||$579,039||$47,268||37||$38,223|
Marengo government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - General - Other: $1,030,000 ($409.87)
- Current Operations - Hospitals: $5,660,000 ($2252.29)
Regular Highways: $303,000 ($120.57)
Police Protection: $298,000 ($118.58)
Water Utilities: $265,000 ($105.45)
Sewerage: $224,000 ($89.14)
Libraries: $133,000 ($52.92)
Parks and Recreation: $121,000 ($48.15)
General Public Buildings: $61,000 ($24.27)
General - Other: $55,000 ($21.89)
Solid Waste Management: $42,000 ($16.71)
Local Fire Protection: $23,000 ($9.15)
Central Staff Services: $18,000 ($7.16)
Financial Administration: $13,000 ($5.17)
Public Welfare - Other: $10,000 ($3.98)
Judicial and Legal Services: $7,000 ($2.79)
Health - Other: $5,000 ($1.99)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $5,000 ($1.99)
- General - Interest on Debt: $301,000 ($119.78)
- Other Capital Outlay - Hospitals: $4,103,000 ($1632.71)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $3,553,000 ($1413.85)
Marengo government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Hospital Public: $5,660,000 ($2252.29)
Sewerage: $207,000 ($82.37)
All Other: $46,000 ($18.30)
Solid Waste Management: $46,000 ($18.30)
Parks and Recreation: $45,000 ($17.91)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $2,000 ($0.80)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $39,000 ($15.52)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $178,000 ($70.83)
Interest Earnings: $34,000 ($13.53)
Sale of Property: $17,000 ($6.76)
Fines and Forfeits: $9,000 ($3.58)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $276,000 ($109.83)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $212,000 ($84.36)
All Other: $6,000 ($2.39)
General Local Government Support: $3,000 ($1.19)
- Tax - Property: $847,000 ($337.05)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $252,000 ($100.28)
Other License: $5,000 ($1.99)
Marengo government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $12,075,000 ($4805.01)
Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $8,083,000 ($3216.47)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $4,800,000 ($1910.07)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $808,000 ($321.53)
- Short Term Debt Outstanding - Beginning: $190,000 ($75.61)
End of Fiscal Year: $1,000 ($0.40)
Marengo government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Bond Funds - Cash and Securities: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $3,828,000 ($1523.28)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $315,000 ($125.35)
5.18% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,000 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Johnson County, IA||0.90% ($43,400 average AGI)|
|from Linn County, IA||0.71% ($37,128)|
|from Benton County, IA||0.35% ($32,826)|
5.58% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($40,554 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Marengo:
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMT (600 AM; 5 kW; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KCJJ (1630 AM; 10 kW; IOWA CITY, IA; Owner: RIVER CITY RADIO, INC.)
- WSUI (910 AM; 5 kW; IOWA CITY, IA; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA)
- KCRG (1600 AM; 5 kW; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CEDAR RAPIDS TELEVISION CO.)
- KDNZ (1650 AM; 10 kW; CEDAR FALLS, IA; Owner: FIFE COMMUNICATIONS CO., LLC)
- KCNZ (1250 AM; 10 kW; CEDAR FALLS, IA; Owner: FIFE COMMUNICATION COMPANY, L.C.)
- KPSZ (940 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KWLO (1330 AM; 5 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Marengo:
- KRNA (94.1 FM; IOWA CITY, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KUNI (90.9 FM; CEDAR FALLS, IA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA)
- KDAT (104.5 FM; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KSKB (99.1 FM; BROOKLYN, IA; Owner: FLORIDA PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KFMW (107.9 FM; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KZIA (102.9 FM; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: KZIA, INC.)
- KSUI (91.7 FM; IOWA CITY, IA; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA)
- KOKZ (105.7 FM; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KOEL-FM (92.3 FM; OELWEIN, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KZAT-FM (95.5 FM; BELLE PLAINE, IA; Owner: CAMRORY BROADCASTING, INC)
- KNWS-FM (101.9 FM; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KCCK-FM (88.3 FM; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: KIRKWOOD COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WMT-FM (96.5 FM; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KHAK (98.1 FM; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KKRQ (100.7 FM; IOWA CITY, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KRTI (106.7 FM; GRINNELL, IA; Owner: CENTRAL IOWA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K204DE (89.7 FM; AMANA, IA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Marengo:
- KGAN (Channel 2; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: KGAN LICENSEE, LLC)
- KCRG-TV (Channel 9; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CEDAR RAPIDS TELEVISION CO.)
- KFXA (Channel 28; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: SECOND GENERATION OF IOWA, LTD.)
- KWWL (Channel 7; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- KRIN (Channel 32; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KWKB (Channel 20; IOWA CITY, IA; Owner: KM TELEVISION OF IOWA, L.L.C.)
- KIIN (Channel 12; IOWA CITY, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KPXR (Channel 48; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- KYOU-TV (Channel 15; OTTUMWA, IA; Owner: WAITT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K17ET (Channel 17; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KCDE-LP (Channel 67; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KCDR-LP (Channel 55; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KHHH-LP (Channel 57; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KRUB-LP (Channel 65; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Marengo fatal accident list:
Sep 3, 1977 02:15 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Sep 7, 1977 07:00 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Dec 6, 1977 00:30 AM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Marengo)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:31 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:5
- On Rd C 2 Mi N (Lat: 41.805833 Lon: -92.067139), Call Sign: WGK485
Assigned Frequencies: 154.890 MHz
Grant Date: 03/23/2005, Expiration Date: 05/07/2015
Registrant: Iowa County Sheriff, 960 Franklyn Ave., Marengo, IA 52301, Phone: (319) 642-7307, Fax: (319) 642-3826, Email:
- RO TREATMENT PLANT, Ro Treatment Plant - 0.39mi N Of Hwy 6 On Sr220 (Lat: 41.779389 Lon: -91.968750), Type: Tower, Structure height: 6.1 m, Call Sign: WPPA677
Assigned Frequencies: 154.478 MHz
Grant Date: 07/07/2004, Expiration Date: 09/24/2014, Certifier: Ruth Wagner
Registrant: Micro-Comm Inc, 15895 S Pflumm Road, Olathe, KS 66062, Phone: (913) 390-4500, Fax: (913) 390-4550, Email:
- 1/2 Mi N Of Court House On N Court Ave (Lat: 41.794722 Lon: -92.069639), Call Sign: KJJ857
Assigned Frequencies: 157.740 MHz
Grant Date: 12/19/2001, Expiration Date: 03/02/2012, Cancellation Date: 10/28/2011
Registrant: Marengo Ready Mix Inc., 2523 Hwy 6 Trail, Marengo, IA 52301, Phone: (319) 642-3811, Fax: (319) 642-5571, Email:
- 1.25 Mi S Cr C (Lat: 41.770833 Lon: -92.066583), Call Sign: KNCW280, Licensee ID: L00103507
Assigned Frequencies: 158.325 MHz
Grant Date: 01/17/1997, Expiration Date: 02/17/2002, Cancellation Date: 05/05/2002
Registrant: Richard Ward, Rr 1 Box 124, Marengo, IA 52301, Phone: (319) 642-3187
- Lat: 41.802222 Lon: -92.073333, Call Sign: WQOI426
Assigned Frequencies: 153.995 MHz
Grant Date: 10/05/2011, Expiration Date: 10/05/2021, Certifier: Adam Rabe
Registrant: Radio Communications Co., Inc., 2131 North Towne Lane Ne, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402, Phone: (319) 393-7150, Fax: (319) 393-9273, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Marengo)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 33
- Hazardous Condition: 3
Incident types - Marengo
|Most common first names in Marengo, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Marengo, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Marengo, IA|
|H&R Block||1||True Value||1|
Marengo on our top lists:
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Electrical equipment, appliances, and components"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Electrical equipment, appliances, and components"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most local government spending on current operations of libraries per resident in 2004 in $"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the biggest local government total salary and wages expenses per resident in 2004 in $"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Communications equipment operators"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Alcoholic beverage merchant wholesalers"
- #2 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #5 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
Total of 27 patent applications in 2008-2015.